Check out the Transformers: 2010 screen captures here!
A continuation of the events after the movie, with Galvatron leading the Decepticons against Rodimus Prime and the Autobots. By the end of the third season, Optimus Prime has been resurrected, and is restored to his old position as the Leader of the Autobots. Rodimus Prime steps down and becomes Hot Rod again.
00. Transformers: The Movie
66. Five Face of Darkness Part 1
67. Five Face of Darkness Part 2
68. Five Face of Darkness Part 3
69. Five Face of Darkness Part 4
70. Five Face of Darkness Part 5
71. The Killing Jar
73. Dark Awakening
74. Forever is a Long Time Coming
75. Starscream's Ghost
76. Thief in the Night
77. Surprise Party
78. Madman's Paradise
79. The Nightmare Planet
80. Ghost in the Machine
81. Web World|
82. Carnage in C-Minor
83. The Quintesson Journal
84. The Ultimate Weapon
85. The Big Broadcast of 2006
86. Fight or Flee
87. The Dweller in the Depths
88. Only Human
89. Money is Everything
90. Grimlock's New Brain
91. Call of the Primitives
92. Face of the Nijika
93. The Burden Hardest to Bear
94. The Return of Optimus Prime Part 1
95. The Return of Optimus Prime Part 2
Transformers: The MovieTaking place in the year 2005, this story is a pivotal point in the Transformers continuity. A giant "monster planet" called Unicron is introduced. Optimus Prime dies, and Megatron is reformed as Galvatron. New characters appear, most notably the Autobots Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus, and the Decepticons Cyclonus and Scourge. By the end of the movie, Unicron is destroyed, Hot Rod is reformed as the Autobot leader, Rodimus Prime, and the Decepticons have been vanquished from Cybertron.
66. Five Face of Darkness Part 1In the midst of celebrations over Unicron's defeat, Wheelie and Blurr are sent to Earth with a new transformation cog for Metroplex, and Spike, Magnus and Kup are kidnaped by mysterious captors. Arcee, Grimlock, Rod and Springer capture an alien who claims the Deceps are behind the plot, so they go to Charr (the new Decep base) to investigate, but the Deceps are in bad condition, low in energy, and Cyclonus and Scourge are off looking for the missing Galvatron. Although they decide the kidnapers must be someone else, Grimlock and Rod have their cover blown and are in for a major trashing.
67. Five Face of Darkness Part 2Arcee and Springer rescue Rod and Grimlock from Charr, but Rod appears dead. He is actually making a subconscious journey into the Matrix, where he is shown that the Quintessons are the real kidnapers. He wakes up and prepares for a rescue on Quintessa. Meanwhile, Scourge and Cyclonus find Galvatron, who is fully recovered and ready to resume the fight with the Autobots. The Quintessons are about to feed Kup, Spike, and Magnus to the Sharkticons for an unspecified crime when the others show up and pull them out, but the Quints decide to destroy Quintessa if it will mean killing the Autobots....
68. Five Face of Darkness Part 3The exploding Quintessa sends the Autobots to the trash dump Goo, where a garbage scow dismembers Springer. Wheelie and Blurr are stranded on a distant planet, plagued by Decep attacks, space storms and mechanical bats. Marissa Fairborne of Earth Defense Command (first appearance) answers their distress call, but her ship is also blown up. The Quints have made a deal with the decrepit Deceps, and offer them energy in return for destroying the Autobots; all except Blitzwing accept and follow the Quints to Goo, where they open fire on the stuck Autobots.
69. Five Face of Darkness Part 4Galvatron and the others find Blitzwing still on Charr, who tells them their comrades are on Goo. Galvatron calls off the fight to conference with their suspicious new allies, the Quints. The Quints secure an alliance with Galvatron by suggesting that there is a Decepticon Matrix to be found. The Junkions give the Autobots a lift and repair Springer. Rod is curious about the Quint's motives, and journeys into the Matrix once more to get a final answer. It turns out the Quints are the original creators of all Transformer eons ago when the Autobots and Decepticons had not begun to fight. The Transformers revolted and drove the Quints off the factory of Cybertron, and the Quints have been looking for revenge ever since. Knowing this means deep trouble, Rod and the others put Cybertron on full alert, but a clever trick destroys Cybertron's power station, allowing the Deceps to literally walk in as an all-out battle begins.
70. Five Face of Darkness Part 5As the fighting on Cybertron continues, the Constructions have created Trypticon back on Earth, who attacks the still transforming cog-less Metroplex. Sky Lynx is sent to retrieve the cog from Wheelie and Blurr, and ends up fighting off the new Predacons before making it back to Earth. The cog is given to Metroplex during the battle, and he throws Tryptie over the horizon. Blitzwing discovers that there is no Decepticon Matrix. On Cybertron, the Quints sneak past the distracted Deceps and Autobots and activate a immobilization device, which they had previously tried unsuccessfully to use to stop the revolt of the Transformers. All Transformers are immobilized, but Spike isn't and manages to reverse the freeze ray. After the Quints escape, the fighting is called off by Blitzwing, who forces Galvatron to retreat for the time being.
71. The Killing JarThe Quintessons are ever expanding their research on living beings, and decide to conduct a study on a new group of subjects. Marissa, Cyclonus, Magnus, and Wreck-Gar are captured and put into cages for study. The Quints toy with them, gaging their interactions, and don't notice the ship is dangerously near a black hole; they are sucked into a negative world. The Quints end up studying how everyone works together as they all cooperate to find a way of pulling the ship out.
72. ChaosBlast-Off and discovers a wimpy alien using a very powerful cannon: a bazooka-device which shoots green explosive crystals. The crystals are "shed" from the body of Chaos, a giant humanoid monster that Kup met ages ago. Galvatron goes to Chaos's planet and builds a giant gun (with which he plans to destroy Cybertron). Kup and some other Autobots stop him, and Kup turns the gun on his old enemy Chaos.
73. Dark AwakeningThe Autobots discover the ship which contains the dead bodies of several Autobots, including Optimus Prime. It seems, however, that Optimus is not as dead as previously thought, and he reclaims the Matrix from Rodimus Prime. The others soon realize that Optimus is not acting under his own free will, and it is all a plot by the Quintessons. The Matrix is returned to Hot Rod and the others escape, leaving Optimus to pilot the ship to his death.
74. Forever is a Long Time ComingThe Quintessons build a device which focuses chronal energy in an attempt to go back in time, stopping their robots from rebelling. A team of Autobots end up in Cyberton's past, fighting against the Guardians, while a timid robot from the past, A-3, is transported to the 21st century. The time-travel mechanism eventually goes berzerk, threatening the entire universe as time begins to lose meaning. Eventually, A-3 is returned to the past, where he deactivates the Guardian robots, and bids the Autobots to return home. Later, an Autobot notes that A can stand for "Alpha" and 3 can stand for "Trion"...
75. Starscream's GhostTrying to escape from Galvatron and the Decepticons who want him destroyed, Octane befriends Autobot Sandstorm, who gets him asylum. The Decepticons, however, track him down and attack him on Cybertron, where he takes refuge in a Decepticon crypt. He then encounters Starscream's ghost, who posesses Cyclonus and pretends to torture Octane. Galvatron discovers the truth at the last minute and blasts Cyclonus. Cyclonus comes to, with no memory of what happened; meanwhile Scourge is posessed by Starscream...
76. Thief in the NightAfter the battle with Metroplex, Tripticon has been vanquished, but Decepticon Octane has found him, and has taken him to an oil-rich country, where they do the king's bidding in exchange for special energon. The Autobots catch on to what's happening after world monuments begin to disappear and the evidence indicates a dinosaur Transformer. The other Decepticons find Octane and he convinces Galvatron he was scouting resources for him. The Autobots soon arrive with Metroplex, and Trypticon is once more defeated.
77. Surprise PartyFollowing Daniel's surprise birthday party, Ultra Magnus saves Wheelie's life. Both Daniel and Wheelie want to do something nice for him, so they decide to throw him a surprise party. There's only one problem: no one, including Ultra Magnus, knows his birthday. Daniel and Wheelie go to the Autobots' records planetoid to learn the info. Cyclonus sees this and goes and captures them, setting the planetoid on a collision course with Cybertron. Daniel and Wheelie get off the place, and the planetoid is destroyed.
78. Madman's ParadiseSpike Witwicky and his wife Carly host a banquet for a visiting ambassador. Their son Daniel gets impatient and storms off. Grimlock follows him, and they find a mystical chamber where Quintessons banished their criminals. They slip through to a world of magic, and fight on the Red Wizard's side, only to find out that he is a Quintesson, and that they must help the Golden One. Ultra Magnus, Blaster, Eject, Rewind, Ramhorn, and Steeljaw show up to help, they go home, and everyone is happy.
79. The Nightmare PlanetDaniel is having nightmares, and the Autobots find themselves caught up in them with Predacons. They manage to battle through the situations they find themselves in with the help of an unconscious Daniel's imagination. They soon discover that Daniel is the subject of a Quintesson experiment, and rescue him.
80. Ghost in the MachineStarscream's Ghost seeks a new body and reactivates Unicron's head, orbiting Cybertron through the body of Scourge. He is given three tasks to fulfill in order to receive his body. He must first steal Metroplex's eyes (but one is destroyed and one of Trypticon's must be taken), then steal Trypticon's transforming cog, and finally connect Unicron to Cybertron as his new body. Scourge cuts out of the deal, and the plan to give Unicron a new body is stopped, but Starscream has his body, although he finds himself drifting through space aimlessly.
81. Web WorldGalvatron is brought to a world in order to repair his deranged mind. Psychologists try every treatment that they have to try to cure him, but they all fail. When they run out of options, they decide to use a treatment that would destroy the "damaged" part of Galvatron's brain. Cyclonus realizes that that would turn his leader into a mental vegetable and puts up a fight. In all the commotion, Galvatron breaks free and destroys the planet using the knowledge he gained in his mindmeld.
82. Carnage in C-MinorThe Transformers find a planet where sound technology is the norm, and three people use their combined voices as a super weapon. The Deceps convince the soprano female, who is dissatisfied with her society, to join them; Soundwave records her voice and wreaks havoc. The Autobots hook up with the alto, her lover, and she rejoins them. The Deceps manage to record the bass voice, and prepare to attack Metroplex with the three voices; Blaster counters them with the "anti-sound" of the singers.
83. The Quintesson JournalTwo ancient races are at war. The Quintessons have been aggravating the war for centuries(?) so that they can sell arms to both sides. The Autobots eventually discover a lost Quintesson Journal detailing these activites and display it at a peace conference they set up between the two races. The races call off the war and go their separate ways.
84. The Ultimate WeaponGalvatron claims to have a new weapon which is capable of mass destruction which he uses as a threat to get what he wants. First Aid, a pacifist by nature, leaves his fellow Autobots after failing to stop Swindle from stealing Metroplex's transformation cog. First Aid is finally persuaded by Hot Spot to return, and he steals Trypticon's transformation cog and installs it in Metroplex. Rodimus realizes Galvatron is bluffing about the weapon or he would have already used it, and the Decepticons retreat.
85. The Big Broadcast of 2006The Quintessons transmit subliminal messages over the Junkeons' airwaves in an attempt to control them. The Junkeons first become hostile and then generous -- a phase in which they decide to share their doctored airwaves with the other races in the galaxy, spreading the subliminal messages even further. Cyclonus attempts to convince Galvatron of the strategic possibilities of this but he refuses to listen, so Cyclonus investigates on his own.
86. Fight or FleeSandstorm is the leader of a group of pacifist Autobots on a planet with a rich energy core called Paratron. The Deceps find the planet and take it over; the Autobots on the planet will not fight them, as they have sworn off war to keep their planet peacful. The other Autobots land on the planet and convince their compatriots that fighting is the only way to get rid of the Deceps. The Deceps decide to blow up the planet if they can't keep it, and all Autobots are evacuated to Cybertron.
87. The Dweller in the DepthsIn a plot to destroy the Transformers and reclaim Cybertron, the Quintessons convince Galvatron and the Decepticons to unleash a half-organic, half-metallic beast located at the center of Cybertron. It attacks the entire planet, forcing the Autobots to eject a newly installed power core to prevent the beast from becoming unstopable.
88. Only HumanRodimus, Magnus, Arcee, and Springer are captured by humans led by Cobra Commander and their consciousnesses are removed. They find themselves in human bodies, and barely escape being killed in a trash compactor. Meanwhile, their Transformer bodies are going to be used to infiltrate Autobot City and destroy the remaining Autobots. Springer manages to be the pilot of his own body and rescues the other Transformer-humans and then attacks Autobot City straight on to let them know something is wrong. The Autobots are returned to their bodies by Perceptor.
89. Money is EverythingThe Technobots are patrolling Earth with Marissa Fairborne and capture a smuggler who has been double crossed by the Quintessons. He takes his ship and some of the Technobots to the Quintesson base against the plans of Fairborne. The others follow and are attacked by the Terrorcons, who are being controlled by the Quintessons on timers. The smuggler uses a clever ploy to reenergize the damaged Technobots using the device he smuggled, and Abominus and the Quintessons are defeated.
90. Grimlock's New BrainGalvatron attempts to sabotages the Autobots' new power source on Cybertron by introducing particles that cause Transformers to go out of control. The Autobots travel through the subterranian caves of Cybertron to shut down the malfunctioning power source, and Grimlock is charged with the particles, which makes him brilliant. Galvatron is determined to find more of the particles and discovers they only exist in Unicron's brain. The Decepticons and Terrorcons travel to Unicron's head and get a new supply, but Grimlock has anticipated this and the Autobots counterattack. The Autobots are being defeated by the particles, but Grimlock creates the Technobots to battle the Terrorcons who have formed Abominus. Grimlock's incredible knowledge is transferred to Computron. The 'cons are defeated and their supply of the particles is destroyed.
91. Call of the PrimitivesDuring a huge battle, all of the "primitive" Transformers are summoned to a planet. An energy creature has been unleashed, and it drains the life energy of all the other Transformers. Its creator, Primacron, was also responsible for Unicron and many of the primitives, and his assistant believes that only the instincts of those Transformers can stop the intellect of Primacron. All except Grimlock are defeated and he stops the energy being who has betrayed Primacron by throwing the system into reverse.
92. Face of the NijikaLong ago, the Quintessons locked up a race of people in some kind of quadrant lock to prevent them from using the light of the stars to do wonderous things which would present a danger to their own power. Running from the Autobots, the Quintessons retreat to that planet, but the Autobots follow and the quadrant lock device becomes damaged. The race trapped on the planet hate both the Quintessons and their robots, causing trouble for the Autobots. Perceptor is separated from the others and he is locked in microscope mode. One of the natives carves out his Autobot symbol and a vital component beneath it which he uses to repair a robot astronaut from before the first coming of the Quintessons. Perceptor manages to take control of this robot and the two of them become friends. The Quintessons also need Perceptor's component to fix their quadrant lock device so they kidnap Perceptor's friend and force him to give it up. The Autobots attack at that time, defeat the Quintessons, and take the planet out of the quadrant lock.
93. The Burden Hardest to BearRodimus is feeling annoyed at having to be the leader. Coincidentally, he has a run-in with some Decepticon cars and crashes down a mountainside, losing the Matrix. The 'cons bring it to Galvatron, who attempts to use it to soup-up his cannon but fails. He orders Scourge to destroy it, but Scourge takes the Matrix into himself and becomes super-powerful. He rebels against Galvatron and attacks Earth. Hot Rod, is jubilant over not having to deal with leadership anymore, but ends up defeating Scourge and retakes the Matrix, realizing it is his responsibility.
94. The Return of Optimus Prime Part 1Humans using a new experimental metal pilot their ship into the star in which the ship piloted by Optimus Prime is burning up. They rescue the body and bring it back to Earth. One of the scientist has a grudge against Prime and Transformers and wants to use him as bait to set the other Autobots up. The scientists discover their ship has been covered in spores that induce hate and plan to use these on the Autobots. Another scientist warns the Autobots of the trap, but she is not informed of the whole plan and the Throttlebots and Aerialbots, as well as many Autobots are infected. The Decepticons arrive, intending to steal the metal, but are themselves infected, except for Galvatron. The infected Transformers go on a rampage, infecting Transformers and humans alike. Rodimus escapes and shuts down Metroplex, but is pursued and infected by Ultra Magnus. Sky Lynx follows his previous orders and captures a Quintesson to rebuild Optimus. They arrive on Earth and Optimus is brought back to life.
95. The Return of Optimus Prime Part 2A small force of Autobots who were deactivated by Superion rather than infected are rebuilt by the Quintesson. Bumblebee is rebuilt into Goldbug. The Autobots must get the Matrix from Rodimus, and they need the metal Galvatron stole to protect Optimus from infection. They locate Galvatron, but nearly all of the Autobots and Galvatron are infected in the process. Optimus gets the Matrix from Rodimus, but the remaining Autobots are infected. He enters the Matrix and uses it to cure everyone, but the knowledge of the Matrix has been lost in its use.