Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

"New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Burn » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:24 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:I look at that Catwoman and... I just see a random girl.


Because that's what she is. She's an ordinary human who's skillset is being able to break into things. She's no meta-human, but at the same time she's one of the most interesting of DC's characters.

If anything, DKRises is actually a very good representation of her modern character. A burglar that treads the line between moral and immoral.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37750
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Burn wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:I look at that Catwoman and... I just see a random girl.


Because that's what she is. She's an ordinary human who's skillset is being able to break into things. She's no meta-human, but at the same time she's one of the most interesting of DC's characters.

If anything, DKRises is actually a very good representation of her modern character. A burglar that treads the line between moral and immoral.


She was also not showing off as much skin as her suit can allow, while making gratuitous cat puns, so I'd say this is a better incarnation of the character.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
I see your point. Kinda logical for a pro cat-burglar to look and sound ordinary. This help sneaking around and rob around unsuspected.

Now, for the next trilogy, I want a mix of the Nolan and Burton's movie style. I want a nice equelibrium between the gothic and kinda cartoony of Burton mixed with the realism of Nolan.
So that the next trilogy will be "comic" enough without being over the top. Kinda like the recent two Batman games actually.

I want to see Clayface, Solomon Grundy, Scarface, the Riddler, the Penguin, even Killer Croc. Oh yeah, and bring me some Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. :x

EDIT:

Check out the Bum's review!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I just noticed something about this movie. I hope this doesn't really spoil anything, but here it is; how the hell does Bruce Wayne get from a freaking desert in India to Gotham ON FOOT no transportation, get new clothes, while the bridges are blown up, all within a couple of hours!? How? How is this possible? STUPID STUPID MOVIE!!! I didn't even notice this before! How could we have missed this!?

But I have devised a theory to explain this: CLAYFACE. That is all.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3726
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:I just noticed something about this movie. I hope this doesn't really spoil anything, but here it is; how the hell does Bruce Wayne get from a freaking desert in India to Gotham ON FOOT no transportation, get new clothes, while the bridges are blown up, all within a couple of hours!? How? How is this possible? STUPID STUPID MOVIE!!! I didn't even notice this before! How could we have missed this!?

But I have devised a theory to explain this: CLAYFACE. That is all.


Who said it was a couple hours? It's six months between the destruction of the stadium and the finale. he could have hitched a ride on, I dunno, a smuggler plane, like he did in the last movie. Also, who said it was India? They never really say, do they? Looks like it could be Spain, or Africa, or South America, or the Middle East. (Deshi Basara, the chant used in the Pit as well as the chant from Bane's theme, is Arabic Moroccan, in fact) Even getting past the bridges isn't that big of a deal; he's Batman, he has total mastery of stealth and infiltration, he can get past a simple military roadblock.

Basically, there is no plot hole there, just you making up details or forgetting you're talking about Batman.

And Clayface doesn't make any sense as a theory. What, did Bruce pay money he doesn't have to a villain who doesn't exist in this continuity (And who hates him in every other continuity) to impersonate and fight his battles for him, while he chills out in another country knowing that he's completely failed at saving Gotham to the point that he has to bribe a supervillain to do it for him?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:I just noticed something about this movie. I hope this doesn't really spoil anything, but here it is; how the hell does Bruce Wayne get from a freaking desert in India to Gotham ON FOOT no transportation, get new clothes, while the bridges are blown up, all within a couple of hours!? How? How is this possible? STUPID STUPID MOVIE!!! I didn't even notice this before! How could we have missed this!?

But I have devised a theory to explain this: CLAYFACE. That is all.


Who said it was a couple hours? It's six months between the destruction of the stadium and the finale. he could have hitched a ride on, I dunno, a smuggler plane, like he did in the last movie. Also, who said it was India? They never really say, do they? Looks like it could be Spain, or Africa, or South America, or the Middle East. (Deshi Basara, the chant used in the Pit as well as the chant from Bane's theme, is Arabic Moroccan, in fact) Even getting past the bridges isn't that big of a deal; he's Batman, he has total mastery of stealth and infiltration, he can get past a simple military roadblock.

Basically, there is no plot hole there, just you making up details or forgetting you're talking about Batman.

And Clayface doesn't make any sense as a theory. What, did Bruce pay money he doesn't have to a villain who doesn't exist in this continuity (And who hates him in every other continuity) to impersonate and fight his battles for him, while he chills out in another country knowing that he's completely failed at saving Gotham to the point that he has to bribe a supervillain to do it for him?


They clearly say that the bomb will be activated in (I forget how many) hours, Before he makes it out of the prison.

I was just thinking Clayface just...did it to do it...
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3726
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:12 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:They clearly say that the bomb will be activated in (I forget how many) hours, Before he makes it out of the prison.


When Bruce rescues Lucius and goes to get his suit, it's daytime. When he rescues Gordon, it's nighttime, and when the big battle begins, it's daytime again. I think you're forgetting more than how many hours they say the bomb has until it goes off.

SlyTF1 wrote:I was just thinking Clayface just...did it to do it...


He doesn't even exist in this continuity.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Rodimus Prime » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:01 am

Motto: "I Stand Alone"
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Image
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14767
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Frog Balls, AR

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:18 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:They clearly say that the bomb will be activated in (I forget how many) hours, Before he makes it out of the prison.


When Bruce rescues Lucius and goes to get his suit, it's daytime. When he rescues Gordon, it's nighttime, and when the big battle begins, it's daytime again. I think you're forgetting more than how many hours they say the bomb has until it goes off.

SlyTF1 wrote:I was just thinking Clayface just...did it to do it...


He doesn't even exist in this continuity.



I just think they should have explained it a bit more, that's all.

And how do we know he doesn't exist? Twoface didn't exist in this continuity either until he was introduced. Neither did the Joker, or Bane, or Talia. You could argue that last one. Besides, I didn't even say that and expect it to be taken as an actual plausible theory anyway. It was just some crazy, off the wall, explanation I came up with in my head.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
City Commander
Posts: 3726
News Credits: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:23 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SlyTF1 wrote:I just think they should have explained it a bit more, that's all.


They already explained it: He's the goddamn Batman.

SlyTF1 wrote:And how do we know he doesn't exist? Twoface didn't exist in this continuity either until he was introduced. Neither did the Joker, or Bane, or Talia. You could argue that last one. Besides, I didn't even say that and expect it to be taken as an actual plausible theory anyway. It was just some crazy, off the wall, explanation I came up with in my head.


And you know what else? Clayface still doesn't exist in this continuity, and he never would have worked in it anyway.
Last edited by Shadowman on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby robofreak » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Shadowman wrote:And you know what else? Clayface still doesn't exist in this continuity, and he never would have worked in it anyway.


Actually, Clayface could exist in this continuity. Just not in the way you might know him.

Golden Age Clayface was an actor Basil Karlo who was an actor that was pissed off cause he couldn't reprise his role for the remake. So he dons, the mask of Clayface and starts killing the actors.

So a psycho with a mask. It would work very well for the Dark Knight style.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Site Moderator
Posts: 3143
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
robofreak wrote:
Shadowman wrote:And you know what else? Clayface still doesn't exist in this continuity, and he never would have worked in it anyway.


Actually, Clayface could exist in this continuity. Just not in the way you might know him.

Golden Age Clayface was an actor Basil Karlo who was an actor that was pissed off cause he couldn't reprise his role for the remake. So he dons, the mask of Clayface and starts killing the actors.

So a psycho with a mask. It would work very well for the Dark Knight style.


Except that has no bearing on this at all, since his argument is about Clayface perfectly impersonating Bruce Wayne via his shape-shifting.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Shadowman wrote:
robofreak wrote:
Shadowman wrote:And you know what else? Clayface still doesn't exist in this continuity, and he never would have worked in it anyway.


Actually, Clayface could exist in this continuity. Just not in the way you might know him.

Golden Age Clayface was an actor Basil Karlo who was an actor that was pissed off cause he couldn't reprise his role for the remake. So he dons, the mask of Clayface and starts killing the actors.

So a psycho with a mask. It would work very well for the Dark Knight style.


Except that has no bearing on this at all, since his argument is about Clayface perfectly impersonating Bruce Wayne via his shape-shifting.


What about Clayface would be (incredibly) a legendary good actor who is SO perfect at immitating anyone, even the close family can be fooled? Add the ability to be the perfect make-up artist who use a revolitionary technique to quickly put on a mask that feel "alive"?
Of course, Clayface will be restricted to persons to immitate that have his average build.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
robofreak wrote:
Shadowman wrote:And you know what else? Clayface still doesn't exist in this continuity, and he never would have worked in it anyway.


Actually, Clayface could exist in this continuity. Just not in the way you might know him.

Golden Age Clayface was an actor Basil Karlo who was an actor that was pissed off cause he couldn't reprise his role for the remake. So he dons, the mask of Clayface and starts killing the actors.

So a psycho with a mask. It would work very well for the Dark Knight style.


Except that has no bearing on this at all, since his argument is about Clayface perfectly impersonating Bruce Wayne via his shape-shifting.


What about Clayface would be (incredibly) a legendary good actor who is SO perfect at immitating anyone, even the close family can be fooled? Add the ability to be the perfect make-up artist who use a revolitionary technique to quickly put on a mask that feel "alive"?
Of course, Clayface will be restricted to persons to immitate that have his average build.


So, basically, just a rip off of Mission Impossible.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Shadowman wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
robofreak wrote:
Shadowman wrote:And you know what else? Clayface still doesn't exist in this continuity, and he never would have worked in it anyway.


Actually, Clayface could exist in this continuity. Just not in the way you might know him.

Golden Age Clayface was an actor Basil Karlo who was an actor that was pissed off cause he couldn't reprise his role for the remake. So he dons, the mask of Clayface and starts killing the actors.

So a psycho with a mask. It would work very well for the Dark Knight style.


Except that has no bearing on this at all, since his argument is about Clayface perfectly impersonating Bruce Wayne via his shape-shifting.


What about Clayface would be (incredibly) a legendary good actor who is SO perfect at immitating anyone, even the close family can be fooled? Add the ability to be the perfect make-up artist who use a revolitionary technique to quickly put on a mask that feel "alive"?
Of course, Clayface will be restricted to persons to immitate that have his average build.


So, basically, just a rip off of Mission Impossible.


Overquoting to say, no. Just a rip-off of DARKMAN.

And by the way, stop being so negative. It's depressing. :-(
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Burn » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:15 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:And by the way, stop being so negative. It's depressing. :-(


He's not being depressing. He's just disagreeing because that's what he does.

You'll learn to ignore him soon enough.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37750
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Burn wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:And by the way, stop being so negative. It's depressing. :-(


He's not being depressing. He's just disagreeing because that's what he does.

You'll learn to ignore him soon enough.


You'll also learn to skim Burn's posts. It's a useful ability.

Also I don't know why everyone's bringing up Basil Karlo and his original abilities or lack thereof, seeing as this conversation is based around Matt Hagen or, all things considered, Karlo's appearance in Arkham City. You know, the version that can't work in this universe? The big mud monster? I never actually said an idea like an eerily-perfect mimic couldn't work. It's just that randomly introducing that to explain Bruce Wayne getting around the world quickly is unnecessary when you can just say "He's Batman" and everything works out.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby robofreak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Shadowman wrote:You'll also learn to skim Burn's posts. It's a useful ability.

Also I don't know why everyone's bringing up Basil Karlo and his original abilities or lack thereof, seeing as this conversation is based around Matt Hagen or, all things considered, Karlo's appearance in Arkham City. You know, the version that can't work in this universe? The big mud monster? I never actually said an idea like an eerily-perfect mimic couldn't work. It's just that randomly introducing that to explain Bruce Wayne getting around the world quickly is unnecessary when you can just say "He's Batman" and everything works out.


The point of bringing up Basil Karlo and his lack of abilities is to prove that Clayface can in fact work in the Nolanverse.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Site Moderator
Posts: 3143
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
robofreak wrote:
Shadowman wrote:You'll also learn to skim Burn's posts. It's a useful ability.

Also I don't know why everyone's bringing up Basil Karlo and his original abilities or lack thereof, seeing as this conversation is based around Matt Hagen or, all things considered, Karlo's appearance in Arkham City. You know, the version that can't work in this universe? The big mud monster? I never actually said an idea like an eerily-perfect mimic couldn't work. It's just that randomly introducing that to explain Bruce Wayne getting around the world quickly is unnecessary when you can just say "He's Batman" and everything works out.


The point of bringing up Basil Karlo and his lack of abilities is to prove that Clayface can in fact work in the Nolanverse.


Why are we even arguing about this? You're totally ignoring the original point: Randomly introducing Clayface to explain away a plot hole is silly when A: Said plot hole doesn't even exist and B: Bruce Wayne can get from point A to point B by being the goddamn Batman, he does not need a body double.

And by the way, no, a giant mud monster cannot work in the Nolan movies. I'm not sure why you keep trying to shift the conversation away from that. Not to mention it would be the most radical change done to any of the villains, removing all but one of his abilities. Mr. Freeze has a freeze gun, Poison Ivy has plants, Scarecrow has his fear toxin, and Clayface is a giant mud monster. When was the last time the character was used without his mud-powers?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Burn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Shadowman wrote:Why are we even arguing about this?


Because you don't know when to let something go instead of having to have the last say.

Oh and for the record, Basil Karlo, the original Clayface who was introduced in 1940, never had clay powers, he was just an actor. So Clayface was not originally a "giant mud monster".

Just saying. >:oP
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37750
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby robofreak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:58 pm

If we're going to nitpick it Shadowman, Ras Al Ghul can't exist in Nolan's world either since he needs Lazarus pits to maintain his life and is over 600 years old.

If we can have a giant freaking microwave emitter in the first movie, we can have a madman with a freeze gun of some sort in the Nolan world as well. Chryogenics gone wrong. Definitely would have to get rid of Mr. Freeze having his body altered, but he could still be on a quest to save his wife and being using his research for the wrong reasons.

Poison Ivy could be an eco terrorist. Usig plant toxins as her weapons, she would fit in quite well. Doesn't neccessarily have to control plants. Just be a plant genetics genius.
Burn wrote:robofreak doesn't joke. He's all about the serious business of the internet.


ItIsHim wrote:My closet is filled to the brim with plastic children's toys. For myself
robofreak
Site Moderator
Posts: 3143
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Burn wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Why are we even arguing about this?


Because you don't know when to let something go instead of having to have the last say.


...okay? I'm not sure what that means. Do you want me to stop arguing my opinion?

Burn wrote:Oh and for the record, Basil Karlo, the original Clayface who was introduced in 1940, never had clay powers, he was just an actor. So Clayface was not originally a "giant mud monster".

Just saying. >:oP


Little late to the party with that one, Burn, Robofreak already brought it up, and I already knew about all that before he posted it.

robofreak wrote:If we're going to nitpick it Shadowman, Ras Al Ghul can't exist in Nolan's world either since he needs Lazarus pits to maintain his life and is over 600 years old.


Granted they did remove that part of the character, a big part, in fact, but they kept everything else. Even the immortality was still there, they go over it in detail in the third movie.

robofreak wrote:If we can have a giant freaking microwave emitter in the first movie, we can have a madman with a freeze gun of some sort in the Nolan world as well. Chryogenics gone wrong. Definitely would have to get rid of Mr. Freeze having his body altered, but he could still be on a quest to save his wife and being using his research for the wrong reasons.

Poison Ivy could be an eco terrorist. Usig plant toxins as her weapons, she would fit in quite well. Doesn't neccessarily have to control plants. Just be a plant genetics genius.


That may be, I was actually talking about how each character has their iconic abilities, and without them, they kind of cease to be that character.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Fortress_Maximus » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:52 am

Motto: "If you love life do not waste your time. Don't wait. The time will NEVER be perfect."
Loved the movie!

Hope everyone got to see it too. Agree that if you want to enjoy the film you can do so without the comics. Though we especially liked Knightfall and No Man's Land.

Just wanted to share an interesting Batman Dark Knight Rises auction we found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Dark-Kni ... 4d03aea716

some pretty cool stuff. nice. ;)
NEEDS:
Henkei Classics Optimus Prime 100% loose or MISB
Generations Optimus 100% loose
See sale items! http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/fortress-maximus-s-sale-list-and-wanted-items-p159707.php#p159707
User avatar
Fortress_Maximus
Targetmaster
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:32 pm

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:32 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Shadowman wrote:




>Staring bid: 1$.
>Buy it now: 1000$.
>Just random merch.


Image
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1960
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Va'al » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:44 am

Motto: "Till all are pun!"
I managed to see this last week, and I have to agree that its predecessor was a better film.
However, I really enjoyed the end of the trilogy, and thought that Selina Kyle is possibly the best developed character out of them all.

I'm still pleasantly suprised to see that Nolan and Goyer have been doing their comics research: several parts of the plot, especially concerning Bane and his relationship to Ra's al-Ghul, seem to be lifted entirely from Batman versus Bane. And there is of course Knightfall at the basis of the entire film, including the prison breakout and the brilliant fight scene in the sewers between Batman and Bane with no soundtrack at all.

Again, did not surpass The Dark Knight but The Dark Knight Rises is a good film, and a suitable conclusion/non-conclusion to the saga.
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 5398
News Credits: 58
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: Unicron's Colon
Buy from Va'al on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014