"New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Dr Va'al » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Another point: Selina has some echoes of Batman: Year One, which were nice to spot.

I actually want to see this again, but I will wait for the DVD release.
Might even buy the inevitable Trilogy boxset with extended cuts.


Also, this is pretty cool:

Image

EDIT: I forgot that I wanted to bring up some points from previous posts.

The perfect mimic theory, while interesting, does not really fit.
And if we were to choose a more recent, realistic character to pull it off, I believe Jane Doe would trump Clayface.

As for where is the Pit, it was filmed in India, but it's never specified (as far as I remember) where it actually is. Although I guess India is closer to the League of Shadows' HQ, so maybe more towards that option. But then again, as Shadowman said, the chant is in Arabic so maybe not (although this could just be because of the prisoners' language, rather than the location).
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image


Kurona, talking about Transformers, wrote:I don't know where they got the idea, but it's stupid and I love it.
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 12299
News Credits: 121
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5325
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:21 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."


It was funny when they did that for Twilight. Turns out, tearing apart a good movie isn't nearly as funny. Especially when they have to ignore plot points or make up entirely new plot holes just to do it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29971
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby RhA » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:24 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Shadowman wrote:


It was funny when they did that for Twilight. Turns out, tearing apart a good movie isn't nearly as funny. Especially when they have to ignore plot points or make up entirely new plot holes just to do it.


Or, alternatively, enjoy humor.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5427
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:28 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
RhA wrote:
Shadowman wrote:


It was funny when they did that for Twilight. Turns out, tearing apart a good movie isn't nearly as funny. Especially when they have to ignore plot points or make up entirely new plot holes just to do it.


Or, alternatively, enjoy humor.


I don't enjoy lame humor, though, that's the problem.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29971
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Dr Va'al » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I thought that was really well done actually!

Got me laughing for a while, and some points are real genius.


Poking fun at something good does work for me. I actually want to watch it again even more now.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!

Image


Kurona, talking about Transformers, wrote:I don't know where they got the idea, but it's stupid and I love it.
User avatar
Dr Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 12299
News Credits: 121
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
Location: Italy
Buy from Dr Va'al on eBay

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby RhA » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Shadowman wrote:
RhA wrote:
Shadowman wrote:


It was funny when they did that for Twilight. Turns out, tearing apart a good movie isn't nearly as funny. Especially when they have to ignore plot points or make up entirely new plot holes just to do it.


Or, alternatively, enjoy humor.


I don't enjoy lame humor, though, that's the problem.


In my head I sometimes make voices for online people. Yours is comic book guy.
Image
Love thy pretenders.
User avatar
RhA
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5427
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:37 am
Location: 1988

Re: "New" Dark Knight Rises Trailer

Postby Shadowman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:03 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
RhA wrote:In my head I sometimes make voices for online people. Yours is comic book guy.


I actually sound a lot like Cinema Snob, if he was played by that kid from Almost Famous...

...that's not a whole lot better, is it?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29971
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Transformers masterpiece MP-17 PROWL G1 Nissan Fairlady Z New - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 54 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Generations RATTRAP 30th Anniversary IDW Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 24 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Armada  Powerlinx Hot Shot With Mini-Con Jolt Hasbro (MOC) HotShot - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 10 minutes 24 seconds
NIP TRANSFORMERS STAR WARS DARTH VADER TIE ADVANCED FIGHTER MISSLES LIGHTSABER - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 40 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers V Class MP08 G1 reximus prime Grimlock figure with retail box - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 57 minutes 25 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Cybertron Con 2013 Exclusive Henkei Jetfire Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 19 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Dulex Irohide+Sunstreaker+Mirage+Prowl - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 4 minutes 19 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW-03 Defensor Guardian in stock! - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 4 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016