20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Wouldn't you know it, at C.O.N.S. a friend found 3 of the 6 Puzzler pieces: Crossword, Pocket and Rube. Neither of us bought them, and I would regret it later despite my "only complete combiners" policy. :BANG_HEAD: My friend did snap up a good condition Super Gobot Warpath and he's impressive. I just expected Super Gobots to be a bit... bigger.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18006
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby xyl360 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am

I snagged a minty fresh Stacks from BBTS (warehouse find apparently) and he's just as awesome as I remember him being when I was a kid, but with the added bonus of now having his trailer (I had the version that came with no trailer when I was a kid). I just wish that trailer were big enough to accommodate the FP Stunticons. They're just a wee bit too wide to fit, but they pretty much scale with him. It would have been neat to have those sports cars on a car carrier like that.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby Cyber Bishop » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
WOW.. And I still have my Breez and Jeeper Creeper figure too..

I lost it reading #8 Guide Star and #14 Water Pistols entry from him...
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18858
News Credits: 12
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
xyl360 wrote:I snagged a minty fresh Stacks from BBTS (warehouse find apparently) and he's just as awesome as I remember him being when I was a kid, but with the added bonus of now having his trailer (I had the version that came with no trailer when I was a kid). I just wish that trailer were big enough to accommodate the FP Stunticons. They're just a wee bit too wide to fit, but they pretty much scale with him. It would have been neat to have those sports cars on a car carrier like that.

I got him, too. It's rather nice. I like the transformation, the trailer, the stickers. ;) I'd love a Classics Stacks, but since that's probably never happening, this guy's cool too.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3871
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby d_sel1 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
May I ask a side question, "Is there any GoBots that you would like to see somehow incorporated in a Transformers' continuity?" Is so how? (Hypothetical ideas: the "ancestor" TFs in G1, lost colony somewhere the galaxy, a MECH-style reverse engineering program, etc)"
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby xyl360 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:15 pm

d_sel1 wrote:May I ask a side question, "Is there any GoBots that you would like to see somehow incorporated in a Transformers' continuity?" Is so how? (Hypothetical ideas: the "ancestor" TFs in G1, lost colony somewhere the galaxy, a MECH-style reverse engineering program, etc)"

They did that in the comics and/or Botcon as I recall, something about an alternate universe.

I'd LOVE to see some Gobot love in the TF lines though. Something like Generations Gobots would be awesome and I'd buy every single one of them.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
xyl360 wrote:
d_sel1 wrote:May I ask a side question, "Is there any GoBots that you would like to see somehow incorporated in a Transformers' continuity?" Is so how? (Hypothetical ideas: the "ancestor" TFs in G1, lost colony somewhere the galaxy, a MECH-style reverse engineering program, etc)"

They did that in the comics and/or Botcon as I recall, something about an alternate universe.

I'd LOVE to see some Gobot love in the TF lines though. Something like Generations Gobots would be awesome and I'd buy every single one of them.

Same, here. I've been saying it for years.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3871
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby xyl360 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:42 pm

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
d_sel1 wrote:May I ask a side question, "Is there any GoBots that you would like to see somehow incorporated in a Transformers' continuity?" Is so how? (Hypothetical ideas: the "ancestor" TFs in G1, lost colony somewhere the galaxy, a MECH-style reverse engineering program, etc)"

They did that in the comics and/or Botcon as I recall, something about an alternate universe.

I'd LOVE to see some Gobot love in the TF lines though. Something like Generations Gobots would be awesome and I'd buy every single one of them.

Same, here. I've been saying it for years.

Yeah, I've actually been contemplating doing some repaints of my own. I've got Classics Crasher already (the Mirage repaint) but I'd kill for a Cy-Kill :P. I've been considering doing a repaint of 2007 Arcee/Elita One into him since that mold has the bike wheels on the shoulders, but I'd like something that's a closer match.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby d_sel1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:00 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
xyl360 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
d_sel1 wrote:May I ask a side question, "Is there any GoBots that you would like to see somehow incorporated in a Transformers' continuity?" Is so how? (Hypothetical ideas: the "ancestor" TFs in G1, lost colony somewhere the galaxy, a MECH-style reverse engineering program, etc)"

They did that in the comics and/or Botcon as I recall, something about an alternate universe.

I'd LOVE to see some Gobot love in the TF lines though. Something like Generations Gobots would be awesome and I'd buy every single one of them.

Same, here. I've been saying it for years.

Yeah, I've actually been contemplating doing some repaints of my own. I've got Classics Crasher already (the Mirage repaint) but I'd kill for a Cy-Kill :P. I've been considering doing a repaint of 2007 Arcee/Elita One into him since that mold has the bike wheels on the shoulders, but I'd like something that's a closer match.


to0 bad this doesn't exist at a reasonable price anymore
Image
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby xyl360 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 am

d_sel1 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
xyl360 wrote:
d_sel1 wrote:May I ask a side question, "Is there any GoBots that you would like to see somehow incorporated in a Transformers' continuity?" Is so how? (Hypothetical ideas: the "ancestor" TFs in G1, lost colony somewhere the galaxy, a MECH-style reverse engineering program, etc)"

They did that in the comics and/or Botcon as I recall, something about an alternate universe.

I'd LOVE to see some Gobot love in the TF lines though. Something like Generations Gobots would be awesome and I'd buy every single one of them.

Same, here. I've been saying it for years.

Yeah, I've actually been contemplating doing some repaints of my own. I've got Classics Crasher already (the Mirage repaint) but I'd kill for a Cy-Kill :P. I've been considering doing a repaint of 2007 Arcee/Elita One into him since that mold has the bike wheels on the shoulders, but I'd like something that's a closer match.


to0 bad this doesn't exist at a reasonable price anymore
Image

Hehe, yeah, I had that model kit as a kid. It was epic. I've since acquired some of the little Mospeada figures and of course you can still get this.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
Okay... that looks like a recolor of the Mospeada bike into Cy-Kill. Am I right or wrong?
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3871
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby xyl360 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:00 am

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay... that looks like a recolor of the Mospeada bike into Cy-Kill. Am I right or wrong?

Yep, that's exactly what it is. Pretty cool, huh :)?
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3024
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: 20 Gobots That Remind Us Why the Gobots Sucked So Incredibly Hard

Postby RK_Striker_JK_5 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:43 am

Motto: ""I am a warrior. Let the battle be joined.""
Weapon: Electron Gun
xyl360 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Okay... that looks like a recolor of the Mospeada bike into Cy-Kill. Am I right or wrong?

Yep, that's exactly what it is. Pretty cool, huh :)?

Yes. Yes, it is pretty cool.
Not caring about scale since 1984. Just like Hasbro.

My reviews of Transformers G1, one episode at a time. Stop by for a spell!
RK_Striker_JK_5
City Commander
Posts: 3871
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: New Hampshire
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: 2
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Next

Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Timelines TCC TFSS 2.0 Rewind Eject - Time Remaining: 9 days 1 hour 12 minutes 54 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--FISITRON FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers TFCC Club Exclusive Scourge 2013 TFSS MIB Unused - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 4 minutes 36 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--CIRCUIT FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 10 days 5 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club exclusive BREAKDOWN Deluxe boxed CHUG Classics - Time Remaining: 11 days 8 hours 42 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers TFCC CLUB SUBSCRIPTION TFSS CARZAP AUTOBOT FOWARD PATROL FIGURE - Time Remaining: 13 days 38 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers 2012 Subscription Figure Circuit by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 13 days 6 hours 47 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers 2012 Subscription Figure Scourge by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 14 days 1 hour 4 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #163 - Through The Space Hole
Twincast / Podcast #163:
"Through The Space Hole"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, January 7th, 2017
Website Security Test