Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby Autobot Strider » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:41 am

Motto: "Fortune favors the bold!"
Weapon: Railgun
Was anyone else pleasantly suprised to see Barricade back in action in Chicago?

My friend claimed that plenty of 'cons scanned Cop Cars in DC, but those were all a different Deco, and even the Chicago PD cars are different. Barricade unmistakably sports an LAPD-inspired alt mode, so it was certainly him at the Autobot prisioner scene, and then later getting a proper on-screen death in the shockwave scene.

See images below for backup:

LAPD Car:
http://members.fortunecity.com/capdcars/lapd170.jpg

Chicago PD Car:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2009- ... of_ORD.JPG

Barricade's Alt-mode:
http://screamer.alt-world.com/wp-conten ... -movie.jpg

Wishful thinking, or am I right?
"I can't deal with my lack of a signature right now!"
User avatar
Autobot Strider
Combiner
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:01 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby Superion12345 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:31 am

Autobot Strider wrote:Was anyone else pleasantly suprised to see Barricade back in action in Chicago?

My friend claimed that plenty of 'cons scanned Cop Cars in DC, but those were all a different Deco, and even the Chicago PD cars are different. Barricade unmistakably sports an LAPD-inspired alt mode, so it was certainly him at the Autobot prisioner scene, and then later getting a proper on-screen death in the shockwave scene.

See images below for backup:

LAPD Car:
http://members.fortunecity.com/capdcars/lapd170.jpg

Chicago PD Car:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2009- ... of_ORD.JPG

Barricade's Alt-mode:
http://screamer.alt-world.com/wp-conten ... -movie.jpg

Wishful thinking, or am I right?

///SPOILERS///???
i am pretty sure it was barricade in chicago. he got shot by those snipers.

the invasion scene only the "smart" decepticons scans some earh vehicles such as firefighter cars etc. the only thing i saw was that they blew those Chicago PD cars away.
Superion12345
Mini-Con
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 am

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby Alec » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 pm

Motto: "If he dies, he dies."
Weapon: Triple Crusher Cannon
yes it was barricade i was happy to see him as he is one of my favorite cons!
Image
User avatar
Alec
Mini-Con
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Inland Empire
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby Tyrannotaur » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 pm

Motto: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Yes it was Barricade. I nearly cheered when I saw him on screen. There where also bots that scanned DCPD cars too however.

After seeing the movie a second time I also noticed thatBarricade is the one who kills Que. I originally thought it was Soundwave because the shot does kinda go fast. So its nice to see Barricade doing something before he gets killed.
Image
User avatar
Tyrannotaur
Vehicon
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby zenosaurus_x » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I was glad to see him, I just wish the movies had made note of it so the casual viewer would know he was back. Funny to see him pushing around that ProtoForm though, wonder why :lol:

Wait, Barricade killed Q? It really looked like it was SoundWave, more reason to see the movie again heh...
User avatar
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:21 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby Tyrannotaur » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Motto: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
zenosaurus_x wrote:I was glad to see him, I just wish the movies had made note of it so the casual viewer would know he was back. Funny to see him pushing around that ProtoForm though, wonder why :lol:

Wait, Barricade killed Q? It really looked like it was SoundWave, more reason to see the movie again heh...


I think he was pushing the protoform around cause Bumblebee escaped. There seems to be a unspoken feud between the two of them, or Barricade is still sore that he got beat in the first movie by Bee.

I know for certain that Soundwave tries to execute Bumblebee. But I am pretty sure it was Barricade that kills Que. Like I said it happens really fast and your focus is on Que begging for his life and not the dude about to shoot him. But I'm pretty sure its Barricade. I noticed the Police car doors. Honestly Mercedes Soundwave and Barricade look alot alike so I can see how there is some confusion.
Image
User avatar
Tyrannotaur
Vehicon
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby Autobot Strider » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Motto: "Fortune favors the bold!"
Weapon: Railgun
Yeah, it was the 'Cade that shot Que. My friend thought he could have been any of those guys that scanned a DC Cop car too, but those are just as white as the Chicago ones.

I'm just glad he was finally given an on-screen, official death. In that vein, we should find out what happened to Arcee and the Twins by TF4. ;P
"I can't deal with my lack of a signature right now!"
User avatar
Autobot Strider
Combiner
Posts: 432
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:01 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: A blast from the past? '07 Mystery solved!

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Tyrannotaur wrote:
zenosaurus_x wrote:I was glad to see him, I just wish the movies had made note of it so the casual viewer would know he was back. Funny to see him pushing around that ProtoForm though, wonder why :lol:

Wait, Barricade killed Q? It really looked like it was SoundWave, more reason to see the movie again heh...


I think he was pushing the protoform around cause Bumblebee escaped. There seems to be a unspoken feud between the two of them, or Barricade is still sore that he got beat in the first movie by Bee.

I know for certain that Soundwave tries to execute Bumblebee. But I am pretty sure it was Barricade that kills Que. Like I said it happens really fast and your focus is on Que begging for his life and not the dude about to shoot him. But I'm pretty sure its Barricade. I noticed the Police car doors. Honestly Mercedes Soundwave and Barricade look alot alike so I can see how there is some confusion.


It was definately Barricade.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014