Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby El Duque » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Thanks to this Google upload we have a nice clear look at the bladed weapon that has been seen several times on the Transformers: Age of Extinction set. The weapon has been seen being carried by both Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor, and may also have a ranged weapon function. This image gives us our best look to date at the mysterious weapon and all it's intricate markings. Check it out below.

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
I want one.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Ultra Magnus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Motto: "COME ON YOU APES! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?"
Weapon: Dual Cluster Bomb Missile Launchers
#Star Saber :michaelbay:
"Alright Bots, the time is Now. Transform and Finish it!"

Image
User avatar
Ultra Magnus
Brainmaster
Posts: 1291
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2001 12:03 pm
Location: Chicago, Il
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Strangely, it reminds me of the snake dagger that was used in the 1982 Conan movie:

Image

Ranged weapon function and intricate markings?

I suspect this sword might be a link to some ancient alien conspiracy thing, like a Chinese equivalent of Excalibur. There's this old Chinese legend regarding a so-called Sword of Kings. There's a chance the AOE story might allude to it.

I mean, they hid a sun harvester in a pyramid, and stored space bridge pillars on the moon. These Cybertronians treat our planet like some storage unit, except they don't pay any rental fees.
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2265
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Ultra Magnus wrote:#Star Saber :michaelbay:

i was thinking that too :KREMZEEK:
User avatar
Ultra Markus
Pretender
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:48 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
It reminds me more of Frostmourne. I suppose the question we should ask here is "does it hunger for Sparks?".
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1133
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby T-Macksimus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Twitchythe3rd wrote:It reminds me more of Frostmourne. I suppose the question we should ask here is "does it hunger for Sparks?".


Second question we should ask is "Will it fall prey to the mass shifting effect that Bay swore up and down wouldn't be in the movies and yet pulled that trick with the Allspark?
Are we going to see this thing go all 'Super-sized' in some spectacular flash of light when it's dropped into Primes hands?
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
Posts: 2246
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: I'm In The Witless Relocation Program

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby njb902 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:27 pm

It reminds me of Ka D'Argo's gunblade from Farscape.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby griftimus prime » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
lame
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 953
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Midnight_Fox » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Motto: "The Midnight Fox comes in the night,
always in shadow, never in sight."
Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
njb902 wrote:It reminds me of Ka D'Argo's gunblade from Farscape.


I want to have your nerdy, nerdy gaybies.


I loved that show so hard.
User avatar
Midnight_Fox
Godmaster
Posts: 1676
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Prattville, AL
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ultra Markus wrote:
Ultra Magnus wrote:#Star Saber :michaelbay:

i was thinking that too :KREMZEEK:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17395
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby nemesis primus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Image

I thought of this when I saw it, merely for the split in the blade.
User avatar
nemesis primus
Mini-Con
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:24 am

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Rated X » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6027
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Manterax Prime » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Rated X wrote:Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:


Dude, the guns were their main weapons in ALL 3 movies. They used melee weapons sparingly.
What are you going on about?
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 760
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Megatron Wolf » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
looks cool and all but im sick of artifacts, first it was the allspark then it was the matrix and harvester then the space bridge. This isnt including all the other TF continuities out there. All i want is autobots fighting decepticons in a war setting with a good plot line thats it. I want a war movie but with giant **** robots instead of human soldiers.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4733
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:51 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be boring as hell.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17395
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Rated X » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


A whole movie of swordfights...meh. Watch Conan. Don't you see the anti-gun lobby and parents influence here ? If some nutcase runs up in a school with a machete and starts slashing everyone, there wont be anymore sword fights in transformers movies/cartoons. They'll be fighting like Pokémon.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6027
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:10 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rated X wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


A whole movie of swordfights...meh. Watch Conan. Don't you see the anti-gun lobby and parents influence here ? If some nutcase runs up in a school with a machete and starts slashing everyone, there wont be anymore sword fights in transformers movies/cartoons. They'll be fighting like Pokémon.
Alright, no weapons at all! Solid hand-to-hand close quarters combat all around! 8-}
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17395
News Credits: 110
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby swagitron » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 am

I smell role play toys
swagitron
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby njb902 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


I couldn't disagree more. Just as an example look at Saving Private Ryan. You didn't feel any impact from the combat shown in that movie?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:34 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Rated X wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


A whole movie of swordfights...meh. Watch Conan. Don't you see the anti-gun lobby and parents influence here ? If some nutcase runs up in a school with a machete and starts slashing everyone, there wont be anymore sword fights in transformers movies/cartoons. They'll be fighting like Pokémon.


Sword fights have always been my favorite types of fights in movies. But human sword fights =/= giant robot sword fights. Giant robot sword fights > human sword fights.

njb902 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


I couldn't disagree more. Just as an example look at Saving Private Ryan. You didn't feel any impact from the combat shown in that movie?


Dudes were getting blown up and having their guts spilling out all over the damn place in that movie. While I would like to see that happen in Transformers, there's just no way they'll go that far. For a story like Transformers, where most characters have fight scenes that play off of each other, a gunfight would do nothing but leave me disappointed. Imagine Optimus and Megatron fighting a war for centuries, and their final battle consists of just shooting at each other and Optimus just gets lucky and blows Megatron's face off a mile away. Nothing happened there, but a gunshot. After all that time, it all ends with a lucky shot. That's cheap. When Optimus rips Megatron's spine out in DOTM, I could feel his anger and desperation. You don't get that with a simple gunshot.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby Rated X » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:27 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


A whole movie of swordfights...meh. Watch Conan. Don't you see the anti-gun lobby and parents influence here ? If some nutcase runs up in a school with a machete and starts slashing everyone, there wont be anymore sword fights in transformers movies/cartoons. They'll be fighting like Pokémon.


Sword fights have always been my favorite types of fights in movies. But human sword fights =/= giant robot sword fights. Giant robot sword fights > human sword fights.

njb902 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


I couldn't disagree more. Just as an example look at Saving Private Ryan. You didn't feel any impact from the combat shown in that movie?


Dudes were getting blown up and having their guts spilling out all over the damn place in that movie. While I would like to see that happen in Transformers, there's just no way they'll go that far. For a story like Transformers, where most characters have fight scenes that play off of each other, a gunfight would do nothing but leave me disappointed. Imagine Optimus and Megatron fighting a war for centuries, and their final battle consists of just shooting at each other and Optimus just gets lucky and blows Megatron's face off a mile away. Nothing happened there, but a gunshot. After all that time, it all ends with a lucky shot. That's cheap. When Optimus rips Megatron's spine out in DOTM, I could feel his anger and desperation. You don't get that with a simple gunshot.



While swords make a battle a little bit more “epic”, was the 1st instalment of Michael Bay’s franchise (with guns) not epic ? It had fight scenes, but it also had some good trigger action as well to balance it out. In Star Wars, light sabers make sense because the characters that actually use them are made of flesh and bone. I would rather watch something that is more likely to happen if it was real, then something that was included just to make it “epic” on the big screen. But that’s just me. A long time ago, Renderform put a survey on his website if fans prefer arming their Transformers with guns or melee weapons. Guns won by a long shot.
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6027
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: A Closer Look at the Transformers: Age of Extinction Bladed Weapon

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:00 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Rated X wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


A whole movie of swordfights...meh. Watch Conan. Don't you see the anti-gun lobby and parents influence here ? If some nutcase runs up in a school with a machete and starts slashing everyone, there wont be anymore sword fights in transformers movies/cartoons. They'll be fighting like Pokémon.


Sword fights have always been my favorite types of fights in movies. But human sword fights =/= giant robot sword fights. Giant robot sword fights > human sword fights.

njb902 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rated X wrote:Not that it doesn't look cool but I'm so sick of swords, axes, shields, spears, etc. Bring back the guns Michael, I beg you ! :michaelbay:

All these damn sword fights in Transformers is kind of like having gunfights in The Hobbit. :HEADHURTS:


Transformers have been carrying around guns for years. It grows tiresome. Swords are much more badass than guns, anyway. What, you want a whole movie with Autobots and Decepticons standing miles away shooting at each other? That would be Transformers: Armada/Energon - The Movie.
Fixed. ;)


That's why I'm glad Animated did away with most of the guns. I'm hoping the movies will start doing that, too. I want up close and personal fights like the forest battle in ROTF or Optimus vs Sentinel in DOTM (short as it was). There's no impact to a fight that happens at a distance; no connection. It feels cheap.


I couldn't disagree more. Just as an example look at Saving Private Ryan. You didn't feel any impact from the combat shown in that movie?


Dudes were getting blown up and having their guts spilling out all over the damn place in that movie. While I would like to see that happen in Transformers, there's just no way they'll go that far. For a story like Transformers, where most characters have fight scenes that play off of each other, a gunfight would do nothing but leave me disappointed. Imagine Optimus and Megatron fighting a war for centuries, and their final battle consists of just shooting at each other and Optimus just gets lucky and blows Megatron's face off a mile away. Nothing happened there, but a gunshot. After all that time, it all ends with a lucky shot. That's cheap. When Optimus rips Megatron's spine out in DOTM, I could feel his anger and desperation. You don't get that with a simple gunshot.



While swords make a battle a little bit more “epic”, was the 1st instalment of Michael Bay’s franchise (with guns) not epic ? It had fight scenes, but it also had some good trigger action as well to balance it out. In Star Wars, light sabers make sense because the characters that actually use them are made of flesh and bone. I would rather watch something that is more likely to happen if it was real, then something that was included just to make it “epic” on the big screen. But that’s just me. A long time ago, Renderform put a survey on his website if fans prefer arming their Transformers with guns or melee weapons. Guns won by a long shot.


BAHA! Hell no, the first movie wasn't epic. You could barely even see the fight scenes, with the camera man having a seizure during every action scene. And the fights only ever happened in the background, anyway.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014