Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby God Thundercracker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 am

Motto: "I don't love being tough, I'm tough because I love."
Weapon: Acid Rays
I've been thinking that maybe the only way to avoid another Civil War is to have Liberals and Conservatives agree to disagree and peacefully part ways. The Cons can have the Midwest and the Deep South and call it Jesusland, where they can teach creationism in their schools and marry their first cousins. The Libs can have the East and West Coasts and call it Coastopia, where they could legalize gay marriage and have universal health care. And in another four years we would see which country was happier and more prosperous.
Image

Claiming Fox News has real journalists is like claiming Twilight has real vampires, it's just illogical.

Visit my facebook profile at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
User avatar
God Thundercracker
Gestalt
Posts: 2003
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am

Motto: "There are way too many people on this planet. We need a new plague."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Or, people on both sides could get their heads out of their asses, properly listen to the other side, discuss possible compromises, and come to an agreement. And because of individuality and the freedoms granted by the Constitution, this will never happen. That doesn't mean everyone heeds the Constitution. (i.e. George W.) There are people with beliefs other than strictly liberal or conservative. I, for instance, don't automatically identify with either. I make my choices on matters depending on what said matter is. Sometimes I am conservative, and sometimes I am liberal. Yes, it can be done. Most individuals just have to stop giving in to peer pressure.

More individuals should exercise their birthright to BE individuals, and not blindly follow any single person or be yet another sheep in the herd.

Enjoy your freedoms while you still can!
............Image
..............................Rule 32: "You've got to enjoy the little things."
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15342
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby BeastProwl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:54 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Wait wait, not to be a downer here, but Isnt talking political against the rules?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6064
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Heavy B » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
BeastProwl wrote:Wait wait, not to be a downer here, but Isnt talking political against the rules?

I seem to remember a whole part of this form that was shut down because of political/philisopical fighting. I don't think political talk is against the rules, I think its the inevitable flame wars that come from typicaly heated arguments.
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Mkall » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Can't work. One side believes it's their God given right and thus won't back down, and the other side has to fight harder and louder because of the other side's behavior. And the everyday person is stuck in the middle and suffers the most.

It's probably going to get worse before it gets better
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13929
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Wigglez » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:28 am

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
I personally am a liberal. I believe that gays should have as much rights as everybody else. Because they're rights, they shouldn't be voted on. I believe that the minority races shouldn't be discriminated because they have different features. I believe that not just marijuana, but all drugs should be decriminalized. Look at Portugal, usage went down at least by half over the past 10 years. We should get straight out of Afghanistan. However, I don't believe we should be telling each other we're wrong. We should just raise our children to make some right choices, but decide the rest for themselves.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Cyber Bishop » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Dr. Heavy B wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Wait wait, not to be a downer here, but Isnt talking political against the rules?

I seem to remember a whole part of this form that was shut down because of political/philisopical fighting. I don't think political talk is against the rules, I think its the inevitable flame wars that come from typicaly heated arguments.



Yeah, the philosophers forum.. It got heated in there too thus why we had to lock it down..

This thread is fine.. I will monitor it in case it gets out of control.
Image

http://www.facebook.com/cyberbishop

501st Legion Deputy Forum Admin
Bast Alpha Garrison GWL
TK/ID/SL: 2926
User avatar
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18552
News Credits: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:04 am
Location: New Orleans
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby DJrasmo » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:26 am

Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Unfortunately, a 2nd civil war is fast becoming the only solution to the myriad problems of american society.

We have a population where the middle class and below are ruled by the upper class, who make all the rules to benefit themselves so they can get richer why the rest of the american economy lapses into ruin.

Do you think politicians care about what we pay for gas? Hell no, because congressman, house reps and every other high-ranking government official drive governement issued cars, the gas for which is all paid by a government expense credit card which is, in turn, paid off by OUR TAXES.
Do you think they care about what we pay in taxes? Hell no, because tax breaks, loop holes, and write-offs are all designed to be used by the upper class...people who can afford to pay taxes ANYWAY but refuse to do so because they can't live without that one extra "zero" at the end of thier bank accounts.
The government controls our very economy by either subterfuge or brute force.
For example of force, consider this...we can put satellites in space that outlast thier expected life span by almost TRIPLE (i was a satcom tech in the army for over a decade), we can put a man on the moon and a remote-control vehicle on mars...but Ford cant make a car that will operate to full efficiency past warranty? The truth is, Big Brother specifically designs consumer merchandise to be FLAWED, so that we have to continually cycle money by buying parts, services, or entire replacements for stuff that SHOULD last a lifetime. Only the rich seem immune to this...ever seen a story about Brad Pitt's limo or some actor's ferrari breaking down? Thats right...products for the rich are designed so they dont have to keep paying, while we do.
As an example of subterfuge...remember all the hoopla about HDL/LDL cholesterol? When was the last time you saw any of it? Probably not in a while, since it was a government TOOL used to influence how we spent our money (AKA buying what they wanted us to buy), and as soon as it lost effectiveness, they had to find some other "knee-jerk" panic to spread throughout the common masses (trans fats, anyone?)

Let's talk about the Constitution...and how our basic rights as set forth by the Founding Fathers of our country our being stripped from us. Freedom of Speech? Gone. The government has ADMITTING to tapping the phones of most of america (violating our so-called right to privacy as well). Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Teetering on the brink. And does the "upper crust" care? Hell no, because the rich and famous, as well as government officials, all have bodyguards or secret service agents to protect them (in the case of the secret service and FBI they are govenment exempt from gun laws, by the way).

It might not be a 'zombie apocolypse"...but I can foresee a time fast approaching when we will have a "socialist apocalypse" in which the downtrodden will finally no longer be able to stomach the abuse heaped upon them by the elite ruling class and rise up to take by thier rights, thier economy, and the actual idea of "The American Dream" which should have never had anything to do with "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer".

One last tid bit to fuel the flames of free thought: why are all of our elected officials like, old as hell? Every single one of them is out of touch with today's values, our current society, and the ever-changing world. Why? Because it's all based on an Illuminati-esque system of "who's who" that seeks only to perpetuate itself as the ruling class of america. Think to yourself for a while about the origins of the acronym "GOP".
"Bah Weep Grahna Weep Ninnee Bong"
"Now, without making any sudden movements, offer them an Energon Goodie..."
DJrasmo
Minibot
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Shadowman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
How many threads do you intend to necrobump with your insane conspiracy theories?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby DJrasmo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 am

Weapon: Indepentently Targetable Particle Beam Cannons
Shadowman wrote:How many threads do you intend to necrobump with your insane conspiracy theories?



Says the guy stalking me around the TF boards.

And, in case you can't read into it (in either thread, apparently): TROLLOLLOLOL.
"Bah Weep Grahna Weep Ninnee Bong"
"Now, without making any sudden movements, offer them an Energon Goodie..."
DJrasmo
Minibot
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Cobalt Prime » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
DJrasmo wrote:Unfortunately, a 2nd civil war is fast becoming the only solution to the myriad problems of american society.

We have a population where the middle class and below are ruled by the upper class, who make all the rules to benefit themselves so they can get richer why the rest of the american economy lapses into ruin.

Do you think politicians care about what we pay for gas? Hell no, because congressman, house reps and every other high-ranking government official drive governement issued cars, the gas for which is all paid by a government expense credit card which is, in turn, paid off by OUR TAXES.
Do you think they care about what we pay in taxes? Hell no, because tax breaks, loop holes, and write-offs are all designed to be used by the upper class...people who can afford to pay taxes ANYWAY but refuse to do so because they can't live without that one extra "zero" at the end of thier bank accounts.
The government controls our very economy by either subterfuge or brute force.
For example of force, consider this...we can put satellites in space that outlast thier expected life span by almost TRIPLE (i was a satcom tech in the army for over a decade), we can put a man on the moon and a remote-control vehicle on mars...but Ford cant make a car that will operate to full efficiency past warranty? The truth is, Big Brother specifically designs consumer merchandise to be FLAWED, so that we have to continually cycle money by buying parts, services, or entire replacements for stuff that SHOULD last a lifetime. Only the rich seem immune to this...ever seen a story about Brad Pitt's limo or some actor's ferrari breaking down? Thats right...products for the rich are designed so they dont have to keep paying, while we do.
As an example of subterfuge...remember all the hoopla about HDL/LDL cholesterol? When was the last time you saw any of it? Probably not in a while, since it was a government TOOL used to influence how we spent our money (AKA buying what they wanted us to buy), and as soon as it lost effectiveness, they had to find some other "knee-jerk" panic to spread throughout the common masses (trans fats, anyone?)

Let's talk about the Constitution...and how our basic rights as set forth by the Founding Fathers of our country our being stripped from us. Freedom of Speech? Gone. The government has ADMITTING to tapping the phones of most of america (violating our so-called right to privacy as well). Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Teetering on the brink. And does the "upper crust" care? Hell no, because the rich and famous, as well as government officials, all have bodyguards or secret service agents to protect them (in the case of the secret service and FBI they are govenment exempt from gun laws, by the way).

It might not be a 'zombie apocolypse"...but I can foresee a time fast approaching when we will have a "socialist apocalypse" in which the downtrodden will finally no longer be able to stomach the abuse heaped upon them by the elite ruling class and rise up to take by thier rights, thier economy, and the actual idea of "The American Dream" which should have never had anything to do with "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer".

One last tid bit to fuel the flames of free thought: why are all of our elected officials like, old as hell? Every single one of them is out of touch with today's values, our current society, and the ever-changing world. Why? Because it's all based on an Illuminati-esque system of "who's who" that seeks only to perpetuate itself as the ruling class of america. Think to yourself for a while about the origins of the acronym "GOP".


Actually, I can't find fault with any of your points. It's true. You hit it on the head, Sir! ;)
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Shadowman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Cobalt Prime wrote:Actually, I can't find fault with any of your points. It's true. You hit it on the head, Sir! ;)


I can, but that's only because I know how the US government works. That, and he openly admitted to trolling.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Cobalt Prime » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Motto: ""Excessive force is not necessary.""
Shadowman wrote:
Cobalt Prime wrote:Actually, I can't find fault with any of your points. It's true. You hit it on the head, Sir! ;)


I can, but that's only because I know how the US government works. That, and he openly admitted to trolling.


Oh.

Jeez, I thought he was calling YOU a troll. Sorry, my bad.

I know how the government works too. And I'm not trying to start any trouble here, but can you say truthfully that you haven't noticed even a tiny bit of corruption and self interest on the part of our so-called leaders? None at all? Is it all really truth, justice, and the American way and people who think otherwise are just part of the Alex Jones cult?

It's easy to just believe that we can trust our leaders. It's more peaceful. And it sucks not believing it. It's stressful. But I would rather be stressed than live in an idyllic Matrix-like situation while they get to do anything they want, including their repeated attempts to rewrite the constitution to further their own agendas. Case in point, the continuous attack on second amendment rights.

I mean, come on, the guy wasn't talking about government zombies this time. This is pretty plausible stuff.

Ok, I'd better stop before I irritate Mr. Bishop. I do get going about this stuff... :oops:
User avatar
Cobalt Prime
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Shadowman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Cobalt Prime wrote:I know how the government works too. And I'm not trying to start any trouble here, but can you say truthfully that you haven't noticed even a tiny bit of corruption and self interest on the part of our so-called leaders? None at all? Is it all really truth, justice, and the American way and people who think otherwise are just part of the Alex Jones cult?


That's because total altruism doesn't exist. If you're given power, and especially if you're not given power, people still tend to think of themselves before anyone else. If someone gave you a billion dollars, no questions asked, would you give it all to charity, or would you spend it on yourself?

Also, that part about only old guys being elected? That's sort of true. It turns out people prefer elected officials to have years of political and legal experience. Tons of people were deriding Barack Obama and Sarah Palin for their relative lack of experience a couple years ago, remember? Lemme put it like this: Would you rather have a kid still in medical school doing brain surgery on you, or would you prefer the accomplished surgeon with a couple decades of experience under his belt?

Cobalt Prime wrote:It's easy to just believe that we can trust our leaders. It's more peaceful. And it sucks not believing it. It's stressful. But I would rather be stressed than live in an idyllic Matrix-like situation while they get to do anything they want, including their repeated attempts to rewrite the constitution to further their own agendas. Case in point, the continuous attack on second amendment rights.


People should be allowed to own guns, to be sure, but some people should never, ever be allowed to even touch one. Case in point, twelve people died in Colorado last month because some nutjob had access to more guns that he should have.

Basically, let the smart, responsible people have guns, and keep the crazies away from them.

And the thing about the constitution is the founding fathers knew it wasn't timeless, that it would have to change at some point or another. Like that part about not being allowed to own slaves, or the parts about people being allowed to vote regardless of skin color, religion, or gender, those were added in after the fact.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby njb902 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Cobalt Prime wrote:I know how the government works too. And I'm not trying to start any trouble here, but can you say truthfully that you haven't noticed even a tiny bit of corruption and self interest on the part of our so-called leaders? None at all? Is it all really truth, justice, and the American way and people who think otherwise are just part of the Alex Jones cult?


That's because total altruism doesn't exist. If you're given power, and especially if you're not given power, people still tend to think of themselves before anyone else. If someone gave you a billion dollars, no questions asked, would you give it all to charity, or would you spend it on yourself?

Also, that part about only old guys being elected? That's sort of true. It turns out people prefer elected officials to have years of political and legal experience. Tons of people were deriding Barack Obama and Sarah Palin for their relative lack of experience a couple years ago, remember? Lemme put it like this: Would you rather have a kid still in medical school doing brain surgery on you, or would you prefer the accomplished surgeon with a couple decades of experience under his belt?

Cobalt Prime wrote:It's easy to just believe that we can trust our leaders. It's more peaceful. And it sucks not believing it. It's stressful. But I would rather be stressed than live in an idyllic Matrix-like situation while they get to do anything they want, including their repeated attempts to rewrite the constitution to further their own agendas. Case in point, the continuous attack on second amendment rights.


People should be allowed to own guns, to be sure, but some people should never, ever be allowed to even touch one. Case in point, twelve people died in Colorado last month because some nutjob had access to more guns that he should have.

Basically, let the smart, responsible people have guns, and keep the crazies away from them.

And the thing about the constitution is the founding fathers knew it wasn't timeless, that it would have to change at some point or another. Like that part about not being allowed to own slaves, or the parts about people being allowed to vote regardless of skin color, religion, or gender, those were added in after the fact.


ya got that right. hell they changed the constitution themselves, and made sure it was able to be changed.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Shadowman wrote:People should be allowed to own guns, to be sure, but some people should never, ever be allowed to even touch one. Case in point, twelve people died in Colorado last month because some nutjob had access to more guns that he should have.

Basically, let the smart, responsible people have guns, and keep the crazies away from them.



While i agree with everything you said, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done to weed out the crazies from the responsible gun owners.
IN the case of the colorada shooting, the kid bought all his guns, passed the back ground check and purchased everything legally. Yes, he bought 6,000 rounds of amo in one sitting, but that happens alot more often than you think with no mass shootings shortly after.

've had my experiance with gun owners, and in that experiance i'd say 60% are not responsible and would do more harm than good for those fighting for second amendment rights. The bad thing is there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent them for carring.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1187
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Shadowman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Shadowman wrote:People should be allowed to own guns, to be sure, but some people should never, ever be allowed to even touch one. Case in point, twelve people died in Colorado last month because some nutjob had access to more guns that he should have.

Basically, let the smart, responsible people have guns, and keep the crazies away from them.



While i agree with everything you said, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done to weed out the crazies from the responsible gun owners.
IN the case of the colorada shooting, the kid bought all his guns, passed the back ground check and purchased everything legally. Yes, he bought 6,000 rounds of amo in one sitting, but that happens alot more often than you think with no mass shootings shortly after.

've had my experiance with gun owners, and in that experiance i'd say 60% are not responsible and would do more harm than good for those fighting for second amendment rights. The bad thing is there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent them for carring.


Gun control is a tricky subject, because you're always going to have the crazies who are just smart enough to slip through the cracks and get a weapon. And you can't just say "No guns for anyone, ever" because that's just asking for more trouble.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Wigglez » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:14 pm

Motto: "I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure!"
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Shadowman wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:
Shadowman wrote:People should be allowed to own guns, to be sure, but some people should never, ever be allowed to even touch one. Case in point, twelve people died in Colorado last month because some nutjob had access to more guns that he should have.

Basically, let the smart, responsible people have guns, and keep the crazies away from them.



While i agree with everything you said, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done to weed out the crazies from the responsible gun owners.
IN the case of the colorada shooting, the kid bought all his guns, passed the back ground check and purchased everything legally. Yes, he bought 6,000 rounds of amo in one sitting, but that happens alot more often than you think with no mass shootings shortly after.

've had my experiance with gun owners, and in that experiance i'd say 60% are not responsible and would do more harm than good for those fighting for second amendment rights. The bad thing is there isn't a whole lot you can do to prevent them for carring.


Gun control is a tricky subject, because you're always going to have the crazies who are just smart enough to slip through the cracks and get a weapon. And you can't just say "No guns for anyone, ever" because that's just asking for more trouble.

I think guns should be for just the military and police. The rest of us should go back to swords and other melee weapons for self-defense. Just my personal opinion.
"There is no escape but death. Your life is just a murder train a comin'."
-Dethklok
Image
User avatar
Wigglez
Headmaster
Posts: 1146
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:39 pm
Location: In a hot tub, in a sauna, in a volcano, on the sun, during a solar flare and I'm still cold as f***
Watch Wigglez on YouTube
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: N/A
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby SentinelA » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am

DJrasmo wrote:Unfortunately, a 2nd civil war is fast becoming the only solution to the myriad problems of american society.

We have a population where the middle class and below are ruled by the upper class, who make all the rules to benefit themselves so they can get richer why the rest of the american economy lapses into ruin.

Do you think politicians care about what we pay for gas? Hell no, because congressman, house reps and every other high-ranking government official drive governement issued cars, the gas for which is all paid by a government expense credit card which is, in turn, paid off by OUR TAXES.
Do you think they care about what we pay in taxes? Hell no, because tax breaks, loop holes, and write-offs are all designed to be used by the upper class...people who can afford to pay taxes ANYWAY but refuse to do so because they can't live without that one extra "zero" at the end of thier bank accounts.
The government controls our very economy by either subterfuge or brute force.
For example of force, consider this...we can put satellites in space that outlast thier expected life span by almost TRIPLE (i was a satcom tech in the army for over a decade), we can put a man on the moon and a remote-control vehicle on mars...but Ford cant make a car that will operate to full efficiency past warranty? The truth is, Big Brother specifically designs consumer merchandise to be FLAWED, so that we have to continually cycle money by buying parts, services, or entire replacements for stuff that SHOULD last a lifetime. Only the rich seem immune to this...ever seen a story about Brad Pitt's limo or some actor's ferrari breaking down? Thats right...products for the rich are designed so they dont have to keep paying, while we do.
As an example of subterfuge...remember all the hoopla about HDL/LDL cholesterol? When was the last time you saw any of it? Probably not in a while, since it was a government TOOL used to influence how we spent our money (AKA buying what they wanted us to buy), and as soon as it lost effectiveness, they had to find some other "knee-jerk" panic to spread throughout the common masses (trans fats, anyone?)

Let's talk about the Constitution...and how our basic rights as set forth by the Founding Fathers of our country our being stripped from us. Freedom of Speech? Gone. The government has ADMITTING to tapping the phones of most of america (violating our so-called right to privacy as well). Right to Keep and Bear Arms? Teetering on the brink. And does the "upper crust" care? Hell no, because the rich and famous, as well as government officials, all have bodyguards or secret service agents to protect them (in the case of the secret service and FBI they are govenment exempt from gun laws, by the way).

It might not be a 'zombie apocolypse"...but I can foresee a time fast approaching when we will have a "socialist apocalypse" in which the downtrodden will finally no longer be able to stomach the abuse heaped upon them by the elite ruling class and rise up to take by thier rights, thier economy, and the actual idea of "The American Dream" which should have never had anything to do with "the rich get richer, the poor get poorer".

One last tid bit to fuel the flames of free thought: why are all of our elected officials like, old as hell? Every single one of them is out of touch with today's values, our current society, and the ever-changing world. Why? Because it's all based on an Illuminati-esque system of "who's who" that seeks only to perpetuate itself as the ruling class of america. Think to yourself for a while about the origins of the acronym "GOP".


I completely agree and although it should like I'm a terrorist (which I hate) I think the only solution is to elimite a Congress that apparently does not represent it's people and only care about their own good and are too busy with their own bickering to get anything done.
I find voting pointless because we have a choice between a liberal out-of-touch elitist and a conservative out-of-touch elitist.
SentinelA
Headmaster
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby SentinelA » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:26 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Or, people on both sides could get their heads out of their asses, properly listen to the other side, discuss possible compromises, and come to an agreement. And because of individuality and the freedoms granted by the Constitution, this will never happen. That doesn't mean everyone heeds the Constitution. (i.e. George W.) There are people with beliefs other than strictly liberal or conservative. I, for instance, don't automatically identify with either. I make my choices on matters depending on what said matter is. Sometimes I am conservative, and sometimes I am liberal. Yes, it can be done. Most individuals just have to stop giving in to peer pressure.

More individuals should exercise their birthright to BE individuals, and not blindly follow any single person or be yet another sheep in the herd.

Enjoy your freedoms while you still can!

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's a good one :APPLAUSE:
PS: Excuse my cynism.
SentinelA
Headmaster
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Shadowman » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:15 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
SentinelA wrote:I completely agree and although it should like I'm a terrorist (which I hate) I think the only solution is to elimite a Congress that apparently does not represent it's people and only care about their own good and are too busy with their own bickering to get anything done.
I find voting pointless because we have a choice between a liberal out-of-touch elitist and a conservative out-of-touch elitist.


I don't know if you've noticed this, but normal people only care about their own good as well.

And the rule is, if you don't vote, you can't complain.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:24 am

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Wigglez wrote: I think guns should be for just the military and police. The rest of us should go back to swords and other melee weapons for self-defense. Just my personal opinion.


And what about criminals? You think there just going to obey these rules?

And no outlawing guns won't make them harder for criminals to obtain since 90% acquire them illegally anyhow.

Its funny...

People are convinced that another civil war is going to happen in the U.S. All the signs are there they say. Then i look at the rest of the world and see how they have it and what drives them to either civil war or a complete turn on there government.Yes, things could be better, but were not even close to what some of these countries are going through. Half of the time i think its the people that just want an excuse to fight.

"Boo hoo :sad: I bought a $50K suburban that gets 10 miles to the gallon which sole purpose is to transport my 1 kid to school. I can't afford to fill it with gas and its that damn Barack Obama fault!! Lets grab our guns, impeach him and start a civil war to get our fine country back on track!! Yee Haw!!"
Or...

" :sad: I went to school and spent $40K on tuition and they won't give me that Vice President job which pays $100K starting pay. Experience? Who needs experience! I went to school and simulated my experience! That's good enough. How dare they want me to prove myself! So instead of accepting that job in the mail room, I'm going to sit outside of city hall and protest for weeks on end while my bills continue to pile on!" Damn you congress! This is all your fault!!"

Yes, these are sound reasons to want to reform our great nation! :BANG_HEAD:
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1187
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby Flakmaster » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 am

Motto: "No! Not the Frenchman! I'd accept most Frenchmen, but this one's just a head!"
Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Well, this thread degenerated quickly.

On the topic of OP's suggestion,
I think that's a terrible idea. Regardless of whether someone is an atheist, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, or any homosexual variation of those listed, we are all Americans. Will everyone ever get along? no, but capitalizing upon differences will never make this country work together.

That's what I don't like about politicians on both sides: they constantly point out differences and campaign on who they will fight instead of campaigning on what they will do. A reasonable debate between two opposing politicians over the bills they want to pass is fine and good, but one man verbally attacking another man and their family over an election is horrible.

I could list my opinions here, but it would just start an even bigger flame war.
Image
What recent decision of Hasbro can't the above picture apply to?
User avatar
Flakmaster
Minibot
Posts: 178
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:34 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 4
Rank: 5
Courage: 2
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: A possible solution to all the political fighting in the U.S.

Postby OptiMagnus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Motto: ""Close your mouth and open your mind.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
So...the United States splitting into two separate nations based on politics because each side believes it will be happier is going to kill the chances of civil war?
Does anyone remember what happened the last time something not unlike this occurred in the US?

Anyway, like others have said, it's not as bad as people say. People cry bloody hell over how we're going to be blown up by North Korea or invaded by China or we're all going to be forced to speak Spanish or Mexico is going to take back the land they lost and we're all going to die, but if you vote for only (insert political party here) you are voting for the people who truly care about YOU, yes you typical American, so all of these evil things can be avoided and the US will be returned to its former glory, and we'll all live happily ever after. If you're friends disagree tell them they're wrong and Un-American and call them communists.
In reality we're all Americans; United We Stand. But, like the humans we are, we'd like to feel like we're better or more right than the other guy by taking sides. And believe it or not, we are occasionally all for ourselves over everyone else, and ALL of us do it, not just politicians. We're all different and diverse, and that's a good thing.
On politics, I agree with Rodimus Prime. I consider myself moderate. I'll switch between liberal and conservative anytime I want; it doesn't invalidate my opinions. I'll vote for whoever I think is the best candidate without parties as an object. I hate it when people say "No seriously, are you a Democrat or a Republican?" Like it really matters. Let's agree we both love America and keep it a nice place to live.
Please note: If you think I may be joking, I probably am.
User avatar
OptiMagnus
Gestalt
Posts: 2289
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Location: Ohio, USA
Watch OptiMagnus on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 6


Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014