Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A question about one of my childhood toys

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Delicon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Motto: "Seibertron.com: Other sites lack the meat!"
Weapon: Battle Blades
As a kid, I was brutal to my TF's. Even seemingly sturdy figs like Goldbug lost arms. Stickers were shredded and weapons ended up in the vacuum cleaner more than they did in the figure's hands. I conventiently ripped the arm off my Optimus Prime right as the 86 movie came out so I played with him as "Dead Optimus"

For a long time, almost all of my original TF's had vanished. Sometime in the early 90's they got packed away and lost in the attic. Only recently did I find them and most as I said were in hideous condition. There were 2 exceptions - a G1 Soundwave who I had actually bought off a friend during childhood and a Metroplex.

Metroplex really intrigues me. Structurally he is actually in decent shape but almost all of his parts are gone. I think I only have a kneecap. He'd also need repro labels but he still transforms well and has awesome chrome yet on his head and no yellowing. I could probably buy a G1 reissue for just a little more than it would cost to get new stickers and all those parts but being that he's the only large TF from my childhood that I haven't totally thrashed I have been thinking about doing it.

Any thoughts?
datguy86 wrote:This is the second TFCC toy named after a vibrator, yes?
Delicon
Gestalt
Posts: 2392
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: Harleysville, PA (Philly Burbs)
Buy from Delicon on eBay
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Rushie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
If I were in your position, I'd buy a brand new Metroplex just so you can play with the full conversion and all features again. Keep your played-with figure in its current state as a souvenir from your childhood.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Megs for pres » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Motto: "May all bad things come to those who have the means to help, yet choose no to."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Well I have a metroplex in my granys basement that is broken at the waist.
I totally dont mind looking through my toys to see what else I have left of him.
If theres enough left Ill give it to you for shipping cost no problems.
I know for sure I have the twin red guns that form the legs of the little robot as well as the twin black guns that morm the arms and finally the middle ghest/head piece.
Past that though I dont even know if I remember what else came with metroplex. Can you shoot me some reminders maybe?
"shut up! Every **** post you make is u bitching about crap! Do us a favor and dissappear!"
-
"Rape analogies need to stop. Its offensive and rediculous"
-
"Shockblast2, do us a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself"
-
"God forbid you should have to pay a little extra or *shudder* have to look for toys"        - -GuyIncognito-
Megs for pres
Fuzor
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lou, Ky
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Sinnertwin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:49 pm

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Sixgun:
2 big red guns
2 long black guns
1 white tower unit/ body
1 small pistol
4 missiles

Scamper:
1 piece black car
Small pistol

Slammer:
2 piece white tank

Also 1 piece tower attachment for Metroplex
2 knee caps and 2 fists
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Mr O » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Sinnertwin wrote:Sixgun:
2 big red guns
2 long black guns
1 white tower unit/ body
1 small pistol
4 missiles

Scamper:
1 piece black car
Small pistol

Slammer:
2 piece white tank

Also 1 piece tower attachment for Metroplex
2 knee caps and 2 fists


Just about. Scamper's arms were seperate pieces too though. There was also a seperate 'antennae' (for want of a better word at this late hour) for Metroplex's left shoulder, if I recall correctly. The "tower unit/ body" for Sixgun was two pieces and there was also the the double-barrelled gun which went on his back or the tower attachment for the big guy.
City Commander wrote:All autobots are gay. It's the law
Yup, I've got me bottle of pepsi and vodka :P


Rodimus Minor wrote:I am not trying to be rude but stop with the inurendo


Amelie wrote:
Did I mention I like boxes? :P
Mr O
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 913
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:03 am

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Sinnertwin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:49 am

Motto: "Take the foolish path, it's much more fun."
Weapon: Sawed-Off C02 Shotgun
Mr O wrote:
Sinnertwin wrote:Sixgun:
2 big red guns
2 long black guns
1 white tower unit/ body
1 small pistol
4 missiles

Scamper:
1 piece black car
Small pistol

Slammer:
2 piece white tank

Also 1 piece tower attachment for Metroplex
2 knee caps and 2 fists


Just about. Scamper's arms were seperate pieces too though. There was also a seperate 'antennae' (for want of a better word at this late hour) for Metroplex's left shoulder, if I recall correctly. The "tower unit/ body" for Sixgun was two pieces and there was also the the double-barrelled gun which went on his back or the tower attachment for the big guy.


I've really shoulve done this while looking at the thing ;)
Image
Sinnertwin
Combiner
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:46 am

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Mykltron » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:10 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
If a reissue could be slightly more expensive than hunting down the originals then I say: go for the hunt! The thrill of finding all those parts and all that bargain hunting could be really exhilarating.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6084
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby SJ21 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
With all my G1 stuff, I keep it as-is. Missing pieces and all. When possible I tried to get a complete version or a reissue.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Brainmaster
Posts: 1498
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Megs for pres » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Motto: "May all bad things come to those who have the means to help, yet choose no to."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Yeah i remember a bit better now. As I said before I have all five pieces to make the mini robot. That is all four guns (the twin red and twin black ones) and the torso/head.
Also have at least two of the sky scraper top looking pieces with the lil white bottom stick pieces. Other than that, I.D.K.Ill have to look.
Again, I dont mind giving them to you but I wont be going to my grans til next weekend. Shes over an hr away and I cant just go down there whenever.
Im taking the baby to see her next weekend so I will remember to grab what I got for sure. If you could let me know for sure weather or not your completely resolved to restore ole plexie by procuring his missing parts via sight members and the like, or if youve decided to just buy a new one thatd be great.
That way I will be able to keep the pieces for someone else if you dont need them. Thanks. ;)
"shut up! Every **** post you make is u bitching about crap! Do us a favor and dissappear!"
-
"Rape analogies need to stop. Its offensive and rediculous"
-
"Shockblast2, do us a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself"
-
"God forbid you should have to pay a little extra or *shudder* have to look for toys"        - -GuyIncognito-
Megs for pres
Fuzor
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lou, Ky
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby mbd88prime » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all sentient beings""
Weapon: Dual Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher
ill answer with an analogy. I've got a 2004 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Ive always wanted a truck like this. I have it paid off and have been promoted to a job that makes more money since i got it. This truck is the first vehicle i've bought with my own money.

there is now a new ram with updated features and a hemi engine that has more base horsepower. The dealership keeps telling me i ought to trade it in and my friends all think the new hemi is awesome, which it is, but they just keep pointing it out. my truck has almost 150,000 on it. ive got more money now and i could get the new one but....

I will NEVER replace this truck. Why? because of the sentimental value of it. The memories, the thrill of owning and upgrading it myself (to have as much or more horsepower than the new hemi), and to have something that you just know is yours and not just the new best thing is something that I think people don't really consider much these days. I will always have this truck because to lose it or get rid of it means to lose, literally, the parts of my life that have been devoted to paying for it and enjoying it.

the same applies here. I also have MANY transformers that my parents bought me when i was young. While they may be used and abused from play I look at them and its just so nice to have a cool transformer that has so many memories attached to it. no other transformer in the world can be the same, a new version would be an empty shell.

If your transformer is beat up or missing parts than get the parts! think of it as helping an old friend that's been with you since you were a kid get back up on his feet!

Just sayin....... haha
"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."- Ronald Reagan
User avatar
mbd88prime
Fuzor
Posts: 207
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:09 pm
Location: where I am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Megs for pres » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 am

Motto: "May all bad things come to those who have the means to help, yet choose no to."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
mbd88prime wrote:ill answer with an analogy. I've got a 2004 ram 1500 5.7 hemi. Ive always wanted a truck like this. I have it paid off and have been promoted to a job that makes more money since i got it. This truck is the first vehicle i've bought with my own money.

there is now a new ram with updated features and a hemi engine that has more base horsepower. The dealership keeps telling me i ought to trade it in and my friends all think the new hemi is awesome, which it is, but they just keep pointing it out. my truck has almost 150,000 on it. ive got more money now and i could get the new one but....

I will NEVER replace this truck. Why? because of the sentimental value of it. The memories, the thrill of owning and upgrading it myself (to have as much or more horsepower than the new hemi), and to have something that you just know is yours and not just the new best thing is something that I think people don't really consider much these days. I will always have this truck because to lose it or get rid of it means to lose, literally, the parts of my life that have been devoted to paying for it and enjoying it.

the same applies here. I also have MANY transformers that my parents bought me when i was young. While they may be used and abused from play I look at them and its just so nice to have a cool transformer that has so many memories attached to it. no other transformer in the world can be the same, a new version would be an empty shell.

If your transformer is beat up or missing parts than get the parts! think of it as helping an old friend that's been with you since you were a kid get back up on his feet!

Just sayin....... haha



I love this! Great analogy and your 100% correct IMO.
"shut up! Every **** post you make is u bitching about crap! Do us a favor and dissappear!"
-
"Rape analogies need to stop. Its offensive and rediculous"
-
"Shockblast2, do us a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself"
-
"God forbid you should have to pay a little extra or *shudder* have to look for toys"        - -GuyIncognito-
Megs for pres
Fuzor
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Lou, Ky
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: A question about one of my childhood toys

Postby Flux Convoy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:24 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Honestly, unless you're lucky, Scamper's gun will cost you more than it is worth. I pieced together a Metroplex a few years back. He was in great shape too. However, the investment felt like wasted effort and money once the reissue hit. I've since sold the vintage one and kept the Encore. I have no regrets whatsoever.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6531
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014