Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

A question about power-linking.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:40 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Duke of Luns wrote:It was more or less a subline group gimmick, and yeah, it was designed to sell more figures. After all, you need at least two figures to make the combination.

However, I honestly think it's a really fun gimmick :D . Yes, some of the combinations are questionable, most of them have giant fender hands, posebility varies greatly between combos, and in the show it really didn't seem to matter one lick. But, despite of all that, it's fun transforming and combining them, and since all but Towline(sorta) could form either a "shirt" or "pants", it really added to the playability of them. Also, you could mess around and combine the weapons, so that was cool.

Fun fact: I'm 90% sure the Energon Powerlinkers were homaging the G1 Multiforce from Victory:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Multiforce

Image

Image

The only thing missing was the ability for everyone to combine into a giant gestalt.


Agreed, I love my energon Optimus Prime figure, he is so fun to play with, I even bought Wingsaber and Omega Supreme to add on to the basic prime force. (Also Omega is a head master! Look!)
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby STngAR » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:30 pm

Weapon: No Weapon
Well I think it was almost a great idea. I just could never get a good combination that I could put on my shelf and stand looking at. :MAXIMAL:
Sledge wrote:Finally! Wheelie will get the credit he's due with a set of five Wheelies.



"People who live in glass houses sink ships"

"Loser, loser chicken dinner"

"She was playing robota-possum"

"If you want to get rich, collect money, not toys"
User avatar
STngAR
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 527
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:14 am
Location: PA
Watch STngAR on YouTube
Buy from STngAR on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: Infinity

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
STngAR wrote:Well I think it was almost a great idea. I just could never get a good combination that I could put on my shelf and stand looking at. :MAXIMAL:


True, I like my Inferno and Energon Hotshot combo.
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
One of my personal favorite combos was double rodimus. Well, Rodimus/Checkpoint, but still, the same thing really.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6104
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
BeastProwl wrote:One of my personal favorite combos was double rodimus. Well, Rodimus/Checkpoint, but still, the same thing really.


I love double-rodimus.

Image
WHO IS MOTHER?
Image
Click HERE to find out!

My other customs:
TRASH TALK and HOT AIR!
Also, see the Seeker Brothers, APETIMUS SUPREME, PYROFLASH, and RUSTBUCKET.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2931
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
-Kanrabat- wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:One of my personal favorite combos was double rodimus. Well, Rodimus/Checkpoint, but still, the same thing really.


I love double-rodimus.

Image


That is a true Rodimus
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Valandar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
But, the real question is...

Is that incest or masturbation? :CON: :twisted:
Valandar
City Commander
Posts: 3635
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:50 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Valandar wrote:But, the real question is...

Is that incest or masturbation? :CON: :twisted:


:-?
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby njb902 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Well that's just inappropriate.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
njb902 wrote:Well that's just inappropriate.


:-$
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
I love the Energon combining-toy gimmick, but I refuse to combine toys of different scale. Never even tried the Jetfire/Ironhide combo. You can't make me! :evil:
-Gus
948 TFs and counting. (They're like rabbits, those killer rabbits from Monty Python!)
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
Posts: 2249
News Credits: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:46 am

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby BeastProwl » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:I love the Energon combining-toy gimmick, but I refuse to combine toys of different scale. Never even tried the Jetfire/Ironhide combo. You can't make me! :evil:

Could I make you if I said that Jetfire is a single man space shuttle, where the man lays on his back inside, and Ironhide is a wide, spacious army rover?
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6104
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby RAcast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
BeastProwl wrote:
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:I love the Energon combining-toy gimmick, but I refuse to combine toys of different scale. Never even tried the Jetfire/Ironhide combo. You can't make me! :evil:

Could I make you if I said that Jetfire is a single man space shuttle, where the man lays on his back inside, and Ironhide is a wide, spacious army rover?

Well, Ironhide basically IS a wide-spacious army rover. There's no other logical explanation for the ginormous turret!
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
RAcast wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:I love the Energon combining-toy gimmick, but I refuse to combine toys of different scale. Never even tried the Jetfire/Ironhide combo. You can't make me! :evil:

Could I make you if I said that Jetfire is a single man space shuttle, where the man lays on his back inside, and Ironhide is a wide, spacious army rover?

Well, Ironhide basically IS a wide-spacious army rover. There's no other logical explanation for the ginormous turret!


I dislike Energon Ironhide. He clogs shelves. But seriously his voice is awful.
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby RAcast » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Justanormalguy wrote:
RAcast wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:I love the Energon combining-toy gimmick, but I refuse to combine toys of different scale. Never even tried the Jetfire/Ironhide combo. You can't make me! :evil:

Could I make you if I said that Jetfire is a single man space shuttle, where the man lays on his back inside, and Ironhide is a wide, spacious army rover?

Well, Ironhide basically IS a wide-spacious army rover. There's no other logical explanation for the ginormous turret!


I dislike Energon Ironhide. He clogs shelves. But seriously his voice is awful.

But his pants are awesome.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: A question about power-linking.

Postby Justanormalguy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
RAcast wrote:
Justanormalguy wrote:
RAcast wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:I love the Energon combining-toy gimmick, but I refuse to combine toys of different scale. Never even tried the Jetfire/Ironhide combo. You can't make me! :evil:

Could I make you if I said that Jetfire is a single man space shuttle, where the man lays on his back inside, and Ironhide is a wide, spacious army rover?

Well, Ironhide basically IS a wide-spacious army rover. There's no other logical explanation for the ginormous turret!


I dislike Energon Ironhide. He clogs shelves. But seriously his voice is awful.

But his pants are awesome.


Right you are. :APPLAUSE:
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014