Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Thinking outside the box here... How about TIDAL WAVE!
Though I'd prefer a Supreme class, I'd be fine with this.


Why Supreme?
For show-accurate sizing.

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14981
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby RAcast » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Thinking outside the box here... How about TIDAL WAVE!
Though I'd prefer a Supreme class, I'd be fine with this.


Why Supreme?
For show-accurate sizing.

Image

You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2780
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Nemesis Primal » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
RAcast wrote:You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:


I seem to remember him shrinking between Armada and Energon, now that you mention it...

That said, I think Tidal Wave is a character that should be reused. He makes a nice Big Decepticon Bruiser. In the hands of more talented writers than Armada actually got, he could be pretty menacing.
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2097
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
RAcast wrote:You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:
Good thing there's an official scale guide to abide by to prevent fluctuating sizes from happening to the toys. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14981
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby craggy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:
Good thing there's an official scale guide to abide by to prevent fluctuating sizes from happening to the toys. ;)

yeah, my Classics Bumblebee and Classics (deluxe) Optimus Prime standing next to each other really look like they've been designed with nothing but the official scale guide in place.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4360
News Credits: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
craggy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:
Good thing there's an official scale guide to abide by to prevent fluctuating sizes from happening to the toys. ;)

yeah, my Classics Bumblebee and Classics (deluxe) Optimus Prime standing next to each other really look like they've been designed with nothing but the official scale guide in place.
What official scale guide did any of the Classics characters have? :roll:

You apparently know of some Classics cartoon that had animation models with some semblance of scale with each other that the toys were tied in with that we don't know about based on your comment.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14981
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Valandar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 am

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
... Grandus?
Valandar
City Commander
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:50 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby craggy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:44 am

Sabrblade wrote:
craggy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:
Good thing there's an official scale guide to abide by to prevent fluctuating sizes from happening to the toys. ;)

yeah, my Classics Bumblebee and Classics (deluxe) Optimus Prime standing next to each other really look like they've been designed with nothing but the official scale guide in place.
What official scale guide did any of the Classics characters have? :roll:

You apparently know of some Classics cartoon that had animation models with some semblance of scale with each other that the toys were tied in with that we don't know about based on your comment.

I know as much about a Classics cartoon as you seem to about a Generations continuity that features Tidal Wave.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Ramjet, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party Motobot Arcee, iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4360
News Credits: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
craggy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
craggy wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:You -do- realize that Armada Tidal Wave has about as definite a scale as G1 Astro Train, right? :lol:
Good thing there's an official scale guide to abide by to prevent fluctuating sizes from happening to the toys. ;)

yeah, my Classics Bumblebee and Classics (deluxe) Optimus Prime standing next to each other really look like they've been designed with nothing but the official scale guide in place.
What official scale guide did any of the Classics characters have? :roll:

You apparently know of some Classics cartoon that had animation models with some semblance of scale with each other that the toys were tied in with that we don't know about based on your comment.

I know as much about a Classics cartoon as you seem to about a Generations continuity that features Tidal Wave.
There's a Generations continuity? :P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14981
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?


Your mom.







Sorry, I couldnt resist.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
Why does Grandus keep coming up? Is there something special about him?
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2097
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Primal wrote:Why does Grandus keep coming up? Is there something special about him?
He's a huge guy. Appearance-wise, at least.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14981
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Why does Grandus keep coming up? Is there something special about him?
He's a huge guy. Appearance-wise, at least.


I know, but he's such an obscure character who, to my knowledge, was never really that important... and seems to be pretty uninspiring, design-wise. I guess I just don't see the appeal.
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2097
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Why does Grandus keep coming up? Is there something special about him?
He's a huge guy. Appearance-wise, at least.


I know, but he's such an obscure character who, to my knowledge, was never really that important... and seems to be pretty uninspiring, design-wise. I guess I just don't see the appeal.
Obscure characters generate attention.

I mean, people seem to want a Metrotitan redeco from the Metroplex toy, yet he's about as obscure as Grandus.

Also, remember the United EX toys and fiction? The schtick of those were how each toy represented a specific character given a codename to hide their identities, with their bios revealing clues as to they were, which tended to be obscure characters that piqued the fandom's intrigue. :-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14981
News Credits: 92
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Why does Grandus keep coming up? Is there something special about him?
He's a huge guy. Appearance-wise, at least.


Not to mention he is "boxy brick" personified, in every sense of the word:

1) Transform to vehicle mode: lay him down (That's it. Even Broadside has several more steps than that.)
2) Transform to base mode: open up his front, toes to chest (Seriously, that's it!)
3) Points of articulation: hardly any.

Grandus on TFU.info
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13789
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Nemesis Primal » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Motto: "It's best to want AND have!"
Weapon: Plasma Mine Blaster
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:Why does Grandus keep coming up? Is there something special about him?
He's a huge guy. Appearance-wise, at least.


I know, but he's such an obscure character who, to my knowledge, was never really that important... and seems to be pretty uninspiring, design-wise. I guess I just don't see the appeal.
Obscure characters generate attention.

I mean, people seem to want a Metrotitan redeco from the Metroplex toy, yet he's about as obscure as Grandus.


To be fair, Metrotitan would be an easy way to get a giant Decepticon. And people are accustomed to the Transformers toylies reusing molds, so a redeco of Metroplex, a mold that probably took serious investment to make, doesn't seem out of the question, and the hope that the redeco will be Metrotitan seems to follow from that assumption in at least some cases.
We're all just products of our programming... And there always seem to be a few glitches.
Nemesis Primal
Gestalt
Posts: 2097
News Credits: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:25 pm
Buy from Nemesis Primal on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Rank: N/A
Courage: 3
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Valandar » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Motto: "It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty, only that you work to make it full."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Honestly? I started it as a joke. And last page I popped it up because it looked like things were getting a little heated.

As I said before, I'd rather see Scorponok than Trypticon, because as a kid Trypt always disappointed me. "There's the base mode, there's the dinosaur mode, where's the robot mode?"
Valandar
City Commander
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:50 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 9

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby ScottyP » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:52 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Not to mention he is "boxy brick" personified, in every sense of the word:

1) Transform to vehicle mode: lay him down (That's it. Even Broadside has several more steps than that.)


Not quite - you have to swing his feet around, lay him down, and then partsform one platform. Very involved! :HEADHURTS:

Grandus is a charmer though. An expensive, awesome charmer.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Grandus Radar Dishes, Micromaster Spinner, and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 965
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Azmodeus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:11 am

Trypticon for sure.
Azmodeus
Mini-Con
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Windsweeper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Astrotrain

Broadside

Tidal Wave

Cyclonus (Noone else remembers his tech specs? "A huge emotionless air warrior"? He was Galvatron's ship in TF:TM? He could be repainted as an Armada drone.
Windsweeper
Gestalt
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby Windsweeper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:06 pm

I'd be happy with any of the following:

Astrotrain

Broadside

Tidal Wave

Cyclonus (Noone else remembers his tech specs? "A huge emotionless air warrior"? He was Galvatron's ship in TF:TM? He could be repainted as an Armada drone.
Windsweeper
Gestalt
Posts: 2036
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: After the Metroplex mold, who should be the next new mold Titan class figure?

Postby xyl360 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:32 am

Trypticon, though I'd actually rather Planet X do a true WfC version to go with the Omega Supreme they did.

I wouldn't be opposed to Scorponok either, and I'd totally lose it if they did a Black Zarak (obviously with the gold plastic replaced with modern, non-crumbly gold plastic).
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
Gestalt
Posts: 2745
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014