Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

After what I have just seen, PS3 is the winner

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

After what I have just seen, PS3 is the winner

Postby Acecool » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:30 pm

First a Disclaimer, I am a Microsoft shareholder (not much but some)Not that it doesn't mean Xbox won't make me some money.

After seeing this one app, I have to say that that Wii and Microsoft have been beaten on both levels.

It beat the Wii with innovation and Microsoft with Graphics/power.

This App is Little Big World.

Here is a Youtube video I found on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taiurn541SE

It beat the Wii in innovation because you can make your own levels to share with everyone else much like youtube, which means it is a constantly expanding game of use created content.

it beats Microsoft because the Sony network thingy is free where Xbox Live cost money, the graphics even on youtube looks like something out of toy story, and it has the potential to have tons of down loadable content.

Seriously, just check out the video.
Acecool
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:28 am

Postby Spoon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:34 pm

The only thing this proves is that they made a fun looking tech demo. Sounds to me like an other Overhyped game.
Also, this is just 1 game. It doesn't say shizzle about what the consoles can do yes or no.
The 360 could easily run a game of this graphic level and if the wii could, then no doubt this game could be adepted to have funky wii controls.
Spoon

Postby Acecool » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:35 pm

Spoon wrote:The only thing this proves is that they made a fun looking tech demo. Sounds to me like an other Overhyped game.
Also, this is just 1 game. It doesn't say shizzle about what the consoles can do yes or no.
The 360 could easily run a game of this graphic level and if the wii could, then no doubt this game could be adepted to have funky wii controls.


Can't this is exclusive.

Another video Demoing the creation of levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuoOosTdFiY
Last edited by Acecool on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acecool
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:28 am

Postby Spoon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:41 pm

Acecool wrote:Can't this is exclusive.
Good job on missing the point. ;)^
I guess reading ain't your strong suit
Spoon

Postby Acecool » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:02 pm

Spoon wrote:The only thing this proves is that they made a fun looking tech demo. Sounds to me like an other Overhyped game.
Also, this is just 1 game. It doesn't say shizzle about what the consoles can do yes or no.
The 360 could easily run a game of this graphic level and if the wii could, then no doubt this game could be adepted to have funky wii controls.


Hmmmm, here seems to be the point of your comment...

1st

Nu uh... this is over hyped (two words buddy and not capitalized in the middle of a sentence).

2nd

Even if it is, it is just one game. (Which concedes that this is a good game)

3rd

Your last statement, which is a mess, is what I was referring to. Since it is exclusive, and the developers have stated that, then at the very least anything that comes out on the Wii and 360 will be a "me too" game much like all the GTA knock offs. Always imitated, never replicated.

As for your comment "I guess reading ain't your strong suit", that must make you an avid Xbox fan boy to come out swinging that quickly. Then again, making points must not be your strong point. :-?
Acecool
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:28 am

Postby Spoon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:45 pm

Okay you limey fruitcake, I shouldn't be wasting too much words on a person like you but here go's, I guess it's just too much fun winning the internetz.

1. You say the ps3 is the winner of the console wars based on a demonstration of a hyped game.
You score 5 stupid points.

2. You then continue by saying that "It beat the Wii in innovation because you can make your own levels to share with everyone else".
Game not Console. Your making a completely flawed comparison here, comparing the innovation of a game to that of a console.
"From what I have seen the 360 is the winner cause Gears of war is awesome looking and better then the ps3" <-- makes about as much sense as your logic.

3. Since you tried to attack me on sentence structure and spelling ill just return the favor.
"it beats Microsoft because the Sony network thingy is free where Xbox Live cost money, the graphics even on youtube looks like something out of toy story, and it has the potential to have tons of down loadable content."
The graphics of what look like that of Toy story? XBL? The menu? Ps3? 360? Your mom? And this stuff about the 'network thingy' having the potential of tons of content. Guess what, XBL already HAS tons of downloadable content, I guess that means the 360 wins eh? Damn your last statement is such a mess, it just doesn't make sense.
Also, it's downloadable (one word buddy).

4. "Can't this is exclusive.".
Here i'll give you a simple explaination as to why you missed the point. We'll do this step by step and i'll hold your hand in the progress so you won't get lost.
"It beat the Wii with innovation and Microsoft with Graphics/power." This is what you claimed. Now 'It' can mean two things in this context. 1. The PS3 or 2. Little Big World. Since you didn't made it clear what 'it' is we'll just go through both options.
1. The PS3: Yes the console has some slightely more powerful components build in when compared to the 360. It has however yet to prove it is capable of showing graphics that can blow the 360 away.
2. Little Big World: This is only laughable since it hardly showed jaw dropping visuals.
Now I replied to your post with "The 360 could easily run a game of this graphic level and if the wii could, then no doubt this game could be adepted to have funky wii controls."
Meaning that if the game was ported to the 360, the 360 wouldn't have any trouble running the game. So the "ps3 beats the 360 in power" argument wouldn't be proven with this game. Whenever the game is an exclusive or not is totally irrelevant! Hench you missed the point of the post. But with explaination given above this problem is now corrected right?
Now the "It beat the Wii with innovation" part is just a laughable offense and i'll only reply with this simple picture that says it all.
Image

As for my stance in the current console war (pathetic as it might be), I am indeed a 360 owner. A fanboy I am not, I have plenty complains about the 360. It's just that the 360 is the better option when you compare it with the PS3. The wii is a whole different story, I don't like it much but no doubt it's a great party machine.
I also ordered a Ps2 yesterday for fighting games like melty blood and street fighter third strike. But most of all I am a PC gamer, since it's just that much better.
Spoon

Postby TheMuffin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Could we stop bickering for a moment folks?......Ok that was a couple seconds. Continue.

I agree though that it does look like a tech demo being released as a game. And the graphics are hardly Toy Story. It reminds me of Tomba for PSX with higher res textures. Techincally it's just a map making system like what was put on Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP.

Don't get me wrong it looks like fun and probably would be for an hour or so a day. But I can see it getting very boring eventually. There will be a select few who release awesome environments and everyone will play those. And because of that a lot of people will feel discouraged about making their own. Hence ending their enjoyment of the game.

And theres no way you'd get me to pay $600 for this.
Last edited by TheMuffin on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11034
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby Shadowman » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:27 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
This is very *meh.*

It looks like it'd be fun for all of twenty minutes.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Senor Hugo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:55 pm

I really don't see a point to the game. While the graphics and physics are beautiful, the art style especially remind me of that damned Robin Williams movie where he dies an goes to heaven, the name of the movie escapes me at the moment.

But the style of art used reminds me of that.

Other than that, the game is really hyped up. Yes, it's co-op and you can bring your friends, sure you can create levels.

But whats the point of the game? So far all I see is "lets slap random things in the world and then run around riding a wheel while accomplishing nothing of sorts."
Image
Senor Hugo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6350
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Postby Leonardo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:19 am

This doesn't really appeal to me.

And it did seem like you missed the point of Spoon's post, Acecool. He was just suggesting that the 360 could run this game's graphics if it was ported over to Microsoft's console, and that the Wii could provide the zany controls if it was ported over to Nintendo's console.

And you both made grammatical mistakes. :P

Based on this video, Nintendo are still winning my money. So far, the PS3 hasn't really got anything that engages me and I got rid of my 360 a while ago out of boredom with the console.
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Spoon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:36 am

Leonardo wrote:And you both made grammatical mistakes. :P
Oh no doubt, but then again english isn't my first language and I wasn't the one that started picking on spelling/grammar mistakes.
Spoon

Postby Leonardo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:49 am

Spoon wrote:[...] I wasn't the one that started picking on spelling/grammar mistakes.


Yeah, I was just poking fun.

Spoon wrote:[...] english isn't my first language [...]


I didn't know that!
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Counterpunch » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:07 am

Motto: "...and I used to be such a nice guy."
Weapon: Jawbreaker Cannon
You're all a bunch of Yo-Yos.

Shut up ya yo-yos.[/Master Shake]

I love that quote, so very much. (You know in your heart if that was directed at you or not.. :P )

On to business...

Why does there have to be this corny-ass "Console War" bullshit every time systems are discussed?

Admittingly, I won't buy a PS3. It had better blow me for $600.

That point aside, these things are meant for fun. They're all fun. They all play games. You aren't better for having a ps3, or a wii or a 360 than anyone else in your neighborhood (thought the guy with the SNES is still better than everyone...). Maybe this game being shown here will be fantastic. Great! That's no reason to say, "I'm never going to play Smash Brawl for the Wii." That would be ******, like saying, "I don't want your shitty $20 bill, I have a fist full of quarters. Your paper money is gay." What the hell?

If we're going to run like that, take the shit back to Gamefaqs and don't come back.
Image
User avatar
Counterpunch
Podcast Host
Posts: 15158
News Credits: 68
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:56 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby doomboy536 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Spoon wrote:Okay you limey fruitcake


Whilst I object to that phrase (being a Brit myself) :-P ...

Spoon wrote:I shouldn't be wasting too much words on a person like you but here go's, I guess it's just too much fun winning the internetz.


...I heartily endorse this statement! Lolz at the internetz

PS3 = Far too expensive and overrated. They're retailing for almost £500 where I live (over a $1000!)

Wii = Awesome and different, admittedly I've only played Wii Sports on it

360 = Don't know

PC = The Win
Psychout wrote:To deliberately leave your allies and friends outnumbered and out-gunned in missions for personal gain in the arena is cowardice, end of.


Quoted for truth
doomboy536
City Commander
Posts: 3269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:30 pm
Location: England, which is part of the United Kingdom, so I guess both?

Postby Spoon » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:23 pm

Leonardo wrote:
Spoon wrote:[...] english isn't my first language [...]


I didn't know that!
And thus the intarwebz learned you something new! yay internetz! :P (dutch is my first language just incase you were wondering)

Doomboy wrote:...I heartily endorse this statement! Lolz at the internetz
Yay internetz! \o/
As for british phrases, they are just too much fun not to use. I do apologize for that :-P

Counterpunch wrote:You know in your heart if that was directed at you or not..
My poor heart, it hurts and stings! :-(
Spoon

Postby FracturedKoi » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:20 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
There is no "winner." There is no "war." Microsoft is happy because they have more of your money, Sony is happy because they also have your money. Nintendo is just happy to be alive after the Gamecube.

But really...can we drop this whole stupid "teh suchandsuch is better than the soanso!" crap? So you happen to like Sony...good for you! Go buy God of War 3 when it comes out. Ooh...you like Mircosoft? Go buy Halo 3. Nintendo? Go play with your Wii.

So what if Little Big World is an exclusive (that really doesn't interest me any, I like my PS3, but that "game" just doesn't look...fun)...exclusives don't really matter when almost every game on the market is multi platform.

Just chill with the constant insult flingin'. :)
User avatar
FracturedKoi
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 860
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:56 pm
Location: Anniston, AL
Buy from FracturedKoi on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby doomboy536 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:56 am

Spoon wrote:Yay internetz! \o/
As for british phrases, they are just too much fun not to use. I do apologize for that


Oh no worries, just as long as you don't think that all of us limeys are fruitcakes. Indeed most of us do bat for the right team :-P
Psychout wrote:To deliberately leave your allies and friends outnumbered and out-gunned in missions for personal gain in the arena is cowardice, end of.


Quoted for truth
doomboy536
City Commander
Posts: 3269
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:30 pm
Location: England, which is part of the United Kingdom, so I guess both?

Postby Leonardo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:59 am

FracturedKoi wrote: So you happen to like Sony...good for you! Go buy God of War 3 when it comes out. Ooh...you like Mircosoft? Go buy Halo 3. Nintendo? Go play with your Wii.


Methinks someone struggled to think of a decent Wii title. :-(
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby FracturedKoi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:59 am

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Leonardo wrote:
FracturedKoi wrote: So you happen to like Sony...good for you! Go buy God of War 3 when it comes out. Ooh...you like Mircosoft? Go buy Halo 3. Nintendo? Go play with your Wii.


Methinks someone struggled to think of a decent Wii title. :-(


Nah, there's too many good ones to pick from. That and I wanted to make a corny Wii joke.
User avatar
FracturedKoi
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 860
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:56 pm
Location: Anniston, AL
Buy from FracturedKoi on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Leonardo » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:37 am

FracturedKoi wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
FracturedKoi wrote: So you happen to like Sony...good for you! Go buy God of War 3 when it comes out. Ooh...you like Mircosoft? Go buy Halo 3. Nintendo? Go play with your Wii.


Methinks someone struggled to think of a decent Wii title. :-(


Nah, there's too many good ones to pick from. That and I wanted to make a corny Wii joke.


Phew!
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Bottom Out » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:44 am

the game looks awesome...games dont have to have a point...they can just be fun you know
Bottom Out
Targetmaster
Posts: 619
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:12 pm

Postby TheMuffin » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Without a point though I find I quickly lose interest. With no actual goal theres no reason for me to play.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11034
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Postby FracturedKoi » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 am

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Nightwatcher wrote:Without a point though I find I quickly lose interest. With no actual goal theres no reason for me to play.


So...puzzle games like Tetris or Lumines aren't your style? :)
User avatar
FracturedKoi
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 860
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:56 pm
Location: Anniston, AL
Buy from FracturedKoi on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Shadowman » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:08 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
FracturedKoi wrote:That and I wanted to make a corny Wii joke.



Have you seen this?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28641
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby TheMuffin » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:29 am

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
FracturedKoi wrote:
Nightwatcher wrote:Without a point though I find I quickly lose interest. With no actual goal theres no reason for me to play.


So...puzzle games like Tetris or Lumines aren't your style? :)


Well those games have an end to them. And I've reached it on both.

This game to me is like GTA after you've beaten the story and gotten 100%. You can still run around and stuff but it's all pointless.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
Site Moderator
Posts: 11034
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #91 - History Lesson
Twincast / Podcast #91:
"History Lesson"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 21st, 2014