Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Darkman20xx » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:19 am

double post
Darkman20xx
Minibot
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Skywarp64 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 am

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sabrblade wrote:
chivesbot20 wrote:Are the dinobots going to be in tF5?
Well, the following is all that we know about the fifth movie:
  • Bay's uncertain if he will or won't be directing it.
  • It's coming in 2016.
  • It's the fifth Transformers movie.
  • It'll be followed by a sixth movie that has even less known info than this.
;)


Welp, I sure wish John M. Chu weren't busy directing the Jem movie. He'd be great at directing Transformers; he worked wonders with Retaliation.
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
  • Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
  • Animated Rodimus Minor
  • G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
Image
#TillAllAreOne
User avatar
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Posts: 1561
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:24 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I wonder what a TF movie written and directed by Clint Eastwood, Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez would be like.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:19 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder what a TF movie written and directed by Clint Eastwood, Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez would be like.


I thought about if one was made by Quentin Tatantino. I came to the conclusion that it'd probably be the same. Just with more "adult oriented" dialogue. And no real score.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4141
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
SlyTF1 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:I wonder what a TF movie written and directed by Clint Eastwood, Quentin Tarantino or Robert Rodriguez would be like.


I thought about if one was made by Quentin Tatantino. I came to the conclusion that it'd probably be the same. Just with more "adult oriented" dialogue. And no real score.


It would probably have some cool songs and dialogue. It would have to be R rated, though.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby chivesbot20 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm

I just saw AOE for the first time!!! To me..... it was the best one in the whole series.
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Michael Bay On Transformers 5: "Optimus Dies, Rodimus Rules"

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:34 pm

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
An article of an interview with Michael Bay at Nationalreport.net describes the expectations for Transformers 5. These are potential spoilers below.
Michael Bay wrote:...What is foremost on my mind is what I am going to do for Transformers next. I have guys working on the script now and [it's] almost done. We will start filming in a few months...

Nationalreport.net wrote:I asked Bay what surprises might be in store [for us].

Michael Bay wrote:Big changes. Optimus Prime has served his time. He is old news...It is time for leadership to be passed on to a new generation. [Hot Rod]. He is young...like Bumblebee...He will have to learn how to lead what remains of the Autobots against Galvatron and his army of Decepticons.

Nationalreport.net wrote:It is hinted that Optimus Prime left Earth to find his makers. Does he find them before he dies?

Michael Bay wrote:That's where the movie starts. Prime makes it to the...Quintessons. That is where he meets Hot Rod, who later becomes Rodimus Prime.

You can read the full article here.

Does this confirm Transformers 5? Is Michael Bay coming back to the franchise? Is Optimus Prime going to die? Will Hot Rod be in Transformers 5? Will the production start in a few months? When will the movie hit theaters? Is Michael Bay telling the truth, or is this his misinformation campaign? There are so many questions. Looks like we're going to wait patiently for new information.
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 514
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
That whole thing sounds so forcefully fanwanked that I just can't believe Bay would ever seriously say any of that.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17983
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Metro Prime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Motto: ""Imitation is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
How reputable is this source? Because it sounds like they read a Wikipedia page on the 1986 movie and copied what they saw. I know Bay/Kruger have borrowed from previous TF storylines in the past, but that's just ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that there's no way Hasbro would let Bay kill off Optimus. They tried it before (in the 1986 movie), and look how that turned out.
EDIT: Checked out the site. One of the headlines is about how aliens returned the lost Malaysian Airlines flight and Russia shot them down. Seriously.
WOO ANOTHER EDIT: Kept reading the front page. I'm pretty sure that whole website is some sort of parody, like The Onion.
HOLY CRAP THREE EDITS: Looked up the website. It's definitely satire and this article should be taken with a grain of salt.
Last edited by Metro Prime on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Metro Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
This had better be fake. I'm going to be pissed if it's not.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4141
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:33 pm

You know, if you'd taken a moment to Google "National Report" you'd find they're a satirical website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Report

Also the fact that the "author" is Susan B Xenu who is an 80 year old Grandmother, it should have been obvious.
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38819
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I didn't even need to check out the page to know it was crap. I'd like nothing more than for Rodimus to show up in Bayverse, but they will never get rid of Optimus for any reason.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Rodimus Prime wrote:I didn't even need to check out the page to know it was crap. I'd like nothing more than for Rodimus to show up in Bayverse, but they will never get rid of Optimus for any reason.
Our first clue should have been the article claiming Bay called him "Hot Rod" when that name is unusable for this brand.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17983
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Motto: "Execution of all life is not the road to conquest."
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Burn wrote:You know, if you'd taken a moment to Google "National Report" you'd find they're a satirical website.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Report

Also the fact that the "author" is Susan B Xenu who is an 80 year old Grandmother, it should have been obvious.

Awwww!!! I am so stupid. Thanks for telling me. I was searching Transformers on Google News and it was on the front page. I'll be more careful with my resources now.
Rodimus Prime wrote:I didn't even need to check out the page to know it was crap. I'd like nothing more than for Rodimus to show up in Bayverse, but they will never get rid of Optimus for any reason.

Well it looks like you aren't going to be in the next Transformers movie. Ha ha!
User avatar
OptimalOptimus2
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 514
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:49 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Our first clue should have been the article claiming Bay called him "Hot Rod" when that name is unusable for this brand.

No, the first clue should have been the fact that Bay was spoiling the entire premise of a movie that is not even written yet, that he apparently hasn't even agreed to do yet.
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2398
News Credits: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby chivesbot20 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Ok...... Bay shouldn't even be talking. Right now is when the staff for the film starts talking ideas and the public and media takes it as a serious in stone quote. Or simply they make it up.It was rumored in the start of production in AOE that prime dies and he ends up living. So ya that's full of fleeb :P
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Anytime I see somebody rip on these movies they talk about the same crap that the guy SlyTF1 was arguing with.

Sex in a bathroom stall
Racist robots
crude humor

I consider these so called annoyances minor and just because one person doesn't think it's funny doesn't mean someone else doesn't find it funny. Everybody thinks they know what's funny yet they fail to realize that something funny is subjective. If you hate TF films just don't watch them.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:25 pm

No Death for Prowl wrote:With the recent discussion of the "merits" of these movies, I must say, I enjoy these TF films because they're ridiculous and yes, dumb.

Sometimes I want a serious movie with intricate plots that all tie together/deep characters/some deeper overall meaning.

Sometimes I just want a movie that thrills me and takes me away from all the serious stuff I need to deal with on a daily basis as a functional adult.

Transformers does the latter and does it well and without apologies. I enjoy them for that reason. So sue me.

Some may find it hard to believe, but a person can enjoy both extremes; it doesn't have to be one or the other all the time.

Thank you Michael Bay for making it your life's mission to just entertain and ignoring your critics who do not understand that there is place in life for your type of movie.



I can relate to this post 1000000000000%
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Darkman20xx wrote:
Burn wrote:
Darkman20xx wrote:First off I want to see these movies do well because I would love to see Transformers become an ongoing thing for decades sort of like the Star Trek and Bond movies. That's not going to happen if the movies go any further downhill then they've already gone.


Transformers - $709,709,780
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - $836,303,693
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $1,123,794,079
Transformers: Age of Extinction- $754,044,938 (still in cinemas)

Yeah ... not really going downhill by those figures.

Or were you talking about quality? Yeah ... that's just your opinion and at the end of the day movie sequels tend to be decided on money, not the opinion of dedicated fans.



Your figures don't include the fact that movie success is highly factored on how much the film cost to make vs how much it made. It took a lot longer for this movie to break even. The figures are also largely due to help from China. My opinion is in fact my opinion. However....I a dedicated fan thought this movie although not completely unwatchable, the worst of them all. My wife, not a huge fan, who sat thru the rest of them happily, slept halfway thru this movie. She didn't even do that with ROTF (which ironically I like much better than AOE even though it had it's problems too.) This movie got the worst ratings of any I can remember by critics. I just don't understand why people defend something to the level of "death to all those who didn't like this movie". I'll say it again. I would hate to see a situation where the studio is just shelling out crap because they know the public will see it because it's "Transformers". As we've all seemed to agree on...Bay's involvement in the movie was purely financial. "In my opinion" it showed.


All TF films cost $900M to make and right now the 4 films stand at near 3.5 Billion. And in DVD/Blu-Ray sales it sits at 300M+. That's a massive profit.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Skywarp64 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:13 pm

Motto: "I think, therefore I am. But I don't always think, so I guess I am not."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sub-Prime wrote:
No Death for Prowl wrote:With the recent discussion of the "merits" of these movies, I must say, I enjoy these TF films because they're ridiculous and yes, dumb.

Sometimes I want a serious movie with intricate plots that all tie together/deep characters/some deeper overall meaning.

Sometimes I just want a movie that thrills me and takes me away from all the serious stuff I need to deal with on a daily basis as a functional adult.

Transformers does the latter and does it well and without apologies. I enjoy them for that reason. So sue me.

Some may find it hard to believe, but a person can enjoy both extremes; it doesn't have to be one or the other all the time.

Thank you Michael Bay for making it your life's mission to just entertain and ignoring your critics who do not understand that there is place in life for your type of movie.



I can relate to this post 1000000000000%


The trouble with Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction is that they both take themselves WAY too seriously. It's okay to make a ridiculous, over-the-top action movie as long as you don't pretend you're making high art.

Plus, when a movie takes itself too seriously, it runs the risk of ceasing to be fun. What the hell is the point of a mindless action movie if not to have fun watching it?

And I did have fun watching the 07 film as well as ROTF. DOTM and AoE, however, were just too damned dark and depressing, which is only okay if you're making a really serious movie. That dark tone has no slagging business in a popcorn movie.
PLEASE contact me if you have any of the following, or know where I can find them:
  • Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime's wings
  • Animated Rodimus Minor
  • G1 Optimus Prime's left arm, preferably with the long smokestack

Thank you.

-----------------
Image
#TillAllAreOne
User avatar
Skywarp64
Godmaster
Posts: 1561
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Watch Skywarp64 on YouTube
Buy from Skywarp64 on eBay
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 1

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:17 am

Skywarp64 wrote:
Sub-Prime wrote:
No Death for Prowl wrote:With the recent discussion of the "merits" of these movies, I must say, I enjoy these TF films because they're ridiculous and yes, dumb.

Sometimes I want a serious movie with intricate plots that all tie together/deep characters/some deeper overall meaning.

Sometimes I just want a movie that thrills me and takes me away from all the serious stuff I need to deal with on a daily basis as a functional adult.

Transformers does the latter and does it well and without apologies. I enjoy them for that reason. So sue me.

Some may find it hard to believe, but a person can enjoy both extremes; it doesn't have to be one or the other all the time.

Thank you Michael Bay for making it your life's mission to just entertain and ignoring your critics who do not understand that there is place in life for your type of movie.



I can relate to this post 1000000000000%


The trouble with Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction is that they both take themselves WAY too seriously. It's okay to make a ridiculous, over-the-top action movie as long as you don't pretend you're making high art.

Plus, when a movie takes itself too seriously, it runs the risk of ceasing to be fun. What the hell is the point of a mindless action movie if not to have fun watching it?

And I did have fun watching the 07 film as well as ROTF. DOTM and AoE, however, were just too damned dark and depressing, which is only okay if you're making a really serious movie. That dark tone has no slagging business in a popcorn movie.


People was bitching about the need for it to be more of a dark movie but the darkness never got in the way of the fun aspect in my honest opinion. DOTM and AOE still had heavy handed amounts of fun action. The only movie franchise I can remember being Dark and not FUN is the THE DARK KNIGHT series. Transformers have way better action than that pile of crap from Nolan. Even Captain America 2 was way better than all of Nolan Batman movies because Marvel made Cap a fun characters that kicked major ass.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:26 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Skywarp64 wrote:The trouble with Dark of the Moon and Age of Extinction is that they both take themselves WAY too seriously. It's okay to make a ridiculous, over-the-top action movie as long as you don't pretend you're making high art.


Did anyone involved with the production of these movies ever made such claims?

DOTM and AoE, however, were just too damned dark and depressing, which is only okay if you're making a really serious movie. That dark tone has no slagging business in a popcorn movie.


Is this some sort of industry "rule" a director and producers must follow? Or is it just your opinion?
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:08 am

I want Joss Whedon to direct Transformers 5 and 6. He did an amazing job with Avengers. Del Toro could also be good too but I disliked Pacific Rim though. I personally think Ehren Kruger should quit writing also. I understand his writing but some people call it incoherent so we need a writer that's more detailed for the individuals who can't put things together logically. I like Bay but I want to see what someone else does with Transformers just like I like the idea of a Zack Snyder Batman film as I know it has the potential to be more of a action packed and more intimate Batman film instead of being a Law & Order type movie involving Batman. Change could be good but I hope Transformers stay action packed even though with a different director it can have the potential for less action to give more dialogue. I want it to be 50/50 at best.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:23 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I think Joss Wehdon will be too busy to do TF 5 & TF 6. Plus I don't think Joss would want to do it. I reckon it will be bay again. Transformers will be rebootedalong ththe lone and that will be when we'll see a new director.
User avatar
ZeroWolf
Headmaster
Posts: 1186
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Metro Prime » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:53 am

Motto: ""Imitation is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I don't know if anyone's suggested this already, but how about Gareth Edwards? He did a pretty good job with the new Godzilla movie.
Image
User avatar
Metro Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:34 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014