Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Sabrblade wrote:And both of those reviews (from the Critic and from Doug as himself) were already posted before.

Lots of people have posted stuff in this thread that has been posted before. People are excited about the movie and rush to discuss it without reading what's already been posted. No biggie, the world keeps turning.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38724
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby crossblades » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:57 am

Ok, i went to see this last night, midnight preview in the UK, first time ever been to a midnight preview, and for transformers no less... I love transformers, have done since i was about 5, and im almost 32 now...

Spoilers









This film is appalling, people say there is no characterisation in DOTM, there is nothing in this one, prime puts a call out to his homies, and we get 3 disfunctional bots and an introverted bumblebee.

Drift, ok your a triple changer, why are you japanese? who/what are you?
Hound, welcome back ironhide, sorry we killed you last time, whats your plot?
Crosshairs, should have just been roadbuster, since you arent whats your point?

we have character quirks, but no actual reason for these guys, no back story, nothing about where they have hidden or why, why should i care about them?

Bee, the star of the first 3 films, becomes an introvert, whilst this isnt bad, it feels like a waste of 1 of the few characters we already know, and still appears he cant talk, must take ages to repair TF's...

Apart from prime, who apparently needs transformers to help him repair..., or gaffer tape... but seems to self repair in about 5 minutes every time he gets injured.

Lockdown seems like a good villan, however after he kills one of the characters we know from previous films at the start of this one, it appears he is taking their spark for his own use, this is then stated later that the spark is where all thoughts and memories are kept, basically a Tf's soul... Apart from megatron... megatron has a brain instead... however that doesnt help him either as he goes back to being a side plot point again, rather than the big bad... in fact pretty much not needed in the film, could just be cia vehicons...

And the dinobots... what? where? who? never named, so only the toys have names, the other bots seem to know who/what they are but again never comment, they seem to be something from the past? but even after the start of the films plot point about earth being bombed by "someone" are the dinobots part of earths past, TF's past? meh... still dont care by this point...

and thats it, i was so excited to see this film... and its just bad.

overall it could have done with 20 minutes less explosions, and 10 minutes more plot exposition, just naming names, telling you why things might be happening, or what is going on a little bit, and giving you something to care about.

It feels like there were about 5 different plot points, but everyone forgot to finish 4 of them... or even start them properly... its not hints for the next films, its bad writing or bad editing meanign the film feels hollow and shallow, and you dont care.

It also appears they forgot some things of the editing room floor, since there are alot of goofs and places with bad audio sync.

and the end, well there is an episode of the simpsons this feels very close to... but will let you find that one yourselves

The one thing i will give it is the CIA killing cons and bots basically for profit is a nice dark twist... however its just dark, and sets up the vehicons... it isnt great because its lost within the films bad editing and aweful characterisation.

sorry if i ruin this for anyone, but i had to vent as it upset me alot watching this film, its just bad.

Overall go for the cgi, get lost in that, dont go for a story, dont go for charactisation... see it in IMAX... basically its a good advert for IMAX...

3/10
I'm also looking for G1 Scattershot - complete with all parts for computron (i've got all the other techno bots, just not got their leader! If you have him and are looking to sell or swap for something please let me know - cheers
crossblades
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Burn » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:41 am

Cue SlyTF1 with yet another defensive pissed off reply... Image
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38724
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:56 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
There are no Vehicons in this movie, guys. Anyone who tells you otherwise is mistaken.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17700
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby crossblades » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:14 am

Aye sorry, I used vehicon for shorthand, I could have put mass produced shiny lumps of junk with no chatacter, that are there to advertise cars for certain companies, but basically end up as target practice and Dino treats throughout the film... Vehicon is a quicker way of saying this.
I'm also looking for G1 Scattershot - complete with all parts for computron (i've got all the other techno bots, just not got their leader! If you have him and are looking to sell or swap for something please let me know - cheers
crossblades
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Sheffield UK

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:17 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
crossblades wrote:Aye sorry, I used vehicon for shorthand, I could have put mass produced shiny lumps of junk with no chatacter, that are there to advertise cars for certain companies, but basically end up as target practice and Dino treats throughout the film... Vehicon is a quicker way of saying this.
Why not just "Decepticons"? Or if that's too specific, "Prototypes" or "KSI robots"?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17700
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby RhA » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:50 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
crossblades wrote:Ok, i went to see this last night, midnight preview in the UK, first time ever been to a midnight preview, and for transformers no less... I love transformers, have done since i was about 5, and im almost 32 now...

Spoilers









This film is appalling, people say there is no characterisation in DOTM, there is nothing in this one, prime puts a call out to his homies, and we get 3 disfunctional bots and an introverted bumblebee.

Drift, ok your a triple changer, why are you japanese? who/what are you?
Hound, welcome back ironhide, sorry we killed you last time, whats your plot?
Crosshairs, should have just been roadbuster, since you arent whats your point?

we have character quirks, but no actual reason for these guys, no back story, nothing about where they have hidden or why, why should i care about them?

Bee, the star of the first 3 films, becomes an introvert, whilst this isnt bad, it feels like a waste of 1 of the few characters we already know, and still appears he cant talk, must take ages to repair TF's...

Apart from prime, who apparently needs transformers to help him repair..., or gaffer tape... but seems to self repair in about 5 minutes every time he gets injured.

Lockdown seems like a good villan, however after he kills one of the characters we know from previous films at the start of this one, it appears he is taking their spark for his own use, this is then stated later that the spark is where all thoughts and memories are kept, basically a Tf's soul... Apart from megatron... megatron has a brain instead... however that doesnt help him either as he goes back to being a side plot point again, rather than the big bad... in fact pretty much not needed in the film, could just be cia vehicons...

And the dinobots... what? where? who? never named, so only the toys have names, the other bots seem to know who/what they are but again never comment, they seem to be something from the past? but even after the start of the films plot point about earth being bombed by "someone" are the dinobots part of earths past, TF's past? meh... still dont care by this point...

and thats it, i was so excited to see this film... and its just bad.

overall it could have done with 20 minutes less explosions, and 10 minutes more plot exposition, just naming names, telling you why things might be happening, or what is going on a little bit, and giving you something to care about.

It feels like there were about 5 different plot points, but everyone forgot to finish 4 of them... or even start them properly... its not hints for the next films, its bad writing or bad editing meanign the film feels hollow and shallow, and you dont care.

It also appears they forgot some things of the editing room floor, since there are alot of goofs and places with bad audio sync.

and the end, well there is an episode of the simpsons this feels very close to... but will let you find that one yourselves

The one thing i will give it is the CIA killing cons and bots basically for profit is a nice dark twist... however its just dark, and sets up the vehicons... it isnt great because its lost within the films bad editing and aweful characterisation.

sorry if i ruin this for anyone, but i had to vent as it upset me alot watching this film, its just bad.

Overall go for the cgi, get lost in that, dont go for a story, dont go for charactisation... see it in IMAX... basically its a good advert for IMAX...

3/10

Image
Image
Check out Mr. RhA on deviant art!
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4293
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Burn wrote:Cue SlyTF1 with yet another defensive pissed off reply... Image


As pissed off as I am, after almost a decade of this, I'm tired.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby alternator77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Well it wasnt a shocker for me as i expected a bait and switch but oh well.
The dinobots for the roughly 25 minutes of screen time spent half of it being sucked up by lockdowns ship.
I really think all the emphasis on the new autobot cars took away from their role in the film but again im not suprised.
I remember a usa today piece during dotm where they spoke of shockwave as the new big bad and the level of destruction he would bring and lets be honest one building and an abandoned nuclear facility wasnt exactly earth shattering but it was understandable. Bay did the same thing this time around with the dinobots. The commercials, trailers, and even that video of the voice actor doing grimlock were meant to get people to see it.

Not ranting but i think im done with the movie line and if theyre at my public library ill see them if not oh well.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 832
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:10 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Quint » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:
Quint
Mini-Con
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby alternator77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:




I think hes completely justified in this one but the level of violence from is much less than anything in the first three.
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 832
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:10 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Noideaforaname » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 pm

"Bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard" is actually a bit of a plot-point this time around. Or at least he's set off by a certain something.
Optimus slices Lockdown in half vertically, which is gruesome, but Optimus himself was just seconds ago impaled and nailed to the wall by his own sword, so simply stabbing Lockdown would've been inconsistent.
Image
Krazy 'bout Kreons: Customs ~ Photos ~ Art
My deviantART
User avatar
Noideaforaname
Gestalt
Posts: 2351
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm
Location: South Jersey

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:12 pm

Well the film can't make everyone happy. Personally I understood everything clearly although some of it dealt with me using common sense. But I guess everybody needs a thorough explanation on every single thing.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Fires_Of_Inferno » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Motto: "I wish I could hate you to death."
Weapon: Venom Blaster
I sort of knew that this movie would end in a cliffhanger sort of way. I'd heard somewhere that this is Bay's last Transformers film (don't know if that's still true or not, or if it ever was), and immediately I thought "He's not going to just end it, he's got too much of an ego for that. He's going to have it be a cliffhanger so the next guy will be forced to continue the story and probably use the same character design." Sure enough, cliffhanger ending.
Quick Toy Reviews. My Twitter account: https://twitter.com/QuickToyReviews

Image

Groovy
User avatar
Fires_Of_Inferno
Brainmaster
Posts: 1251
News Credits: 16
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:34 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta. Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 1
Courage: 7
Firepower: 3
Skill: 7

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
alternator77 wrote:Well it wasnt a shocker for me as i expected a bait and switch but oh well.
The dinobots for the roughly 25 minutes of screen time spent half of it being sucked up by lockdowns ship.
I really think all the emphasis on the new autobot cars took away from their role in the film but again im not suprised.
I remember a usa today piece during dotm where they spoke of shockwave as the new big bad and the level of destruction he would bring and lets be honest one building and an abandoned nuclear facility wasnt exactly earth shattering but it was understandable. Bay did the same thing this time around with the dinobots. The commercials, trailers, and even that video of the voice actor doing grimlock were meant to get people to see it.

Not ranting but i think im done with the movie line and if theyre at my public library ill see them if not oh well.


Emphasis on the Autobot cars took away from their role? The cars were barely even in the damn movie. They were all in robot mode most of the time. The commercials and trailers, yes, were meant to get people to see the movie, but in the main trailers, Grimlock was only in both trailers only for a few seconds. Not once, did they ever suggest that the Dinobots would have a massive amount of screen time.

And that video of the voice actor voicing Grimlock was published by Hasbro to sell a toy, not the movie.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:05 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I sort of knew that this movie would end in a cliffhanger sort of way. I'd heard somewhere that this is Bay's last Transformers film (don't know if that's still true or not, or if it ever was), and immediately I thought "He's not going to just end it, he's got too much of an ego for that. He's going to have it be a cliffhanger so the next guy will be forced to continue the story and probably use the same character design." Sure enough, cliffhanger ending.

I hear rumors that he may be back for 5 but the main plot of the movie was written by someone else, so a new director would be carrying on the writers story, not bays.
User avatar
ZeroWolf
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 961
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Sub-Prime » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm

I never saw any heavy emphasis on the cars either unless they were in disguise which is natural for a movie/cartoon about robots who try to keep a low profile. I love to hear all the negative things people say about this movie and I find about 95% of it funny because I can tell folks are looking hard for something to complain about.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Sub-Prime wrote:I never saw any heavy emphasis on the cars either unless they were in disguise which is natural for a movie/cartoon about robots who try to keep a low profile. I love to hear all the negative things people say about this movie and I find about 95% of it funny because I can tell folks are looking hard for something to complain about.


They already have the notion that the movie is "dumb," before they go in to see it. Therefore, they try their best to scrounge up some bs to spew, while ignoring everything that holds the movie together. People have always done this. It was old before, now, it's just pointless.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Quint » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:43 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.



:lol: Brilliant. I genuinely hope there's no irony in there. Kudos.
Quint
Mini-Con
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Quint wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.



:lol: Brilliant. I genuinely hope there's no irony in there. Kudos.


What, exactly, do you mean by "irony"?
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Quint » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:18 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Quint wrote:Gonna see this tomorrow. Just wanted to ask - is Prime a bloodythirsty, merciless b***ard in this one too?

On a side note, why is he such a bloodthirsty, merciless b***ard in the movies?

Seriously, in all three films so far, when he's not getting his ass kicked, he uses gruesome, dismembering finishing moves that should even make Mortal Kombat players wretch. :SICK:


Because he's badass. If he were any other way, I wouldn't give a damn about him. Just like I don't give a damn about any other carnation of Optimus. His executions have always been my favorite parts of the TF movies. And they still are.



:lol: Brilliant. I genuinely hope there's no irony in there. Kudos.


What, exactly, do you mean by "irony"?


When the literal meaning / actual outcome is the opposite of the intended meaning / outcome. Basics.
Quint
Mini-Con
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:49 pm

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby alternator77 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Motto: "we choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them"
Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
SlyTF1 wrote:
alternator77 wrote:Well it wasnt a shocker for me as i expected a bait and switch but oh well.
The dinobots for the roughly 25 minutes of screen time spent half of it being sucked up by lockdowns ship.
I really think all the emphasis on the new autobot cars took away from their role in the film but again im not suprised.
I remember a usa today piece during dotm where they spoke of shockwave as the new big bad and the level of destruction he would bring and lets be honest one building and an abandoned nuclear facility wasnt exactly earth shattering but it was understandable. Bay did the same thing this time around with the dinobots. The commercials, trailers, and even that video of the voice actor doing grimlock were meant to get people to see it.

Not ranting but i think im done with the movie line and if theyre at my public library ill see them if not oh well.


Emphasis on the Autobot cars took away from their role? The cars were barely even in the damn movie. They were all in robot mode most of the time. The commercials and trailers, yes, were meant to get people to see the movie, but in the main trailers, Grimlock was only in both trailers only for a few seconds. Not once, did they ever suggest that the Dinobots would have a massive amount of screen time.

And that video of the voice actor voicing Grimlock was published by Hasbro to sell a toy, not the movie.



And we've yet to see any toy with sounds :BANG_HEAD:
alternator77
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 832
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:10 pm
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby Gemini220 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:36 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Sub-Prime wrote:I never saw any heavy emphasis on the cars either unless they were in disguise which is natural for a movie/cartoon about robots who try to keep a low profile. I love to hear all the negative things people say about this movie and I find about 95% of it funny because I can tell folks are looking hard for something to complain about.


They already have the notion that the movie is "dumb," before they go in to see it. Therefore, they try their best to scrounge up some bs to spew, while ignoring everything that holds the movie together. People have always done this. It was old before, now, it's just pointless.


Bottom line with all the negative is like beating a dead horse to deaf! No matter what some will NEVER be satisfied?!
Gemini220
Micromaster
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:22 am

Re: Age of Extinction Discussion Thread

Postby SlyTF1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
alternator77 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
alternator77 wrote:Well it wasnt a shocker for me as i expected a bait and switch but oh well.
The dinobots for the roughly 25 minutes of screen time spent half of it being sucked up by lockdowns ship.
I really think all the emphasis on the new autobot cars took away from their role in the film but again im not suprised.
I remember a usa today piece during dotm where they spoke of shockwave as the new big bad and the level of destruction he would bring and lets be honest one building and an abandoned nuclear facility wasnt exactly earth shattering but it was understandable. Bay did the same thing this time around with the dinobots. The commercials, trailers, and even that video of the voice actor doing grimlock were meant to get people to see it.

Not ranting but i think im done with the movie line and if theyre at my public library ill see them if not oh well.


Emphasis on the Autobot cars took away from their role? The cars were barely even in the damn movie. They were all in robot mode most of the time. The commercials and trailers, yes, were meant to get people to see the movie, but in the main trailers, Grimlock was only in both trailers only for a few seconds. Not once, did they ever suggest that the Dinobots would have a massive amount of screen time.

And that video of the voice actor voicing Grimlock was published by Hasbro to sell a toy, not the movie.



And we've yet to see any toy with sounds :BANG_HEAD:


There's this thing at this Toys R Us near me that has this arch with Optimus riding Grimlock, and when you walk under it, Grimlock is talking. Maybe that's what it was for.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4109
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014