Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Airsoft

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Airsoft

Postby prowl123 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Im thinking about getting an airsoft gun. I'm looking for a high quality CQB AEG. My top two possibilities are the VFC MK16/SCAR-L and the JG Tactical AK-47 with a folding stock. Airsoft Mega Store has good prices, but the list prices on AirSplat seem to be a little bit better. I've heard from somewhere that AirSplat isn't reliable, and that there's always a catch with a low price. Is that true? Also, what gun should I get?
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Airsoft

Postby Mkall » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
Do you have much experience doing airsoft?
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13988
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Airsoft

Postby prowl123 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:37 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
A little bit. Not much. I do paintball a bit as well.
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Airsoft

Postby Mkall » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
I don't know how much qualifies as "a little bit" or how much a decent airsoft gun goes for, but my advice would be unless you plan on doing airsoft "as a regular activity" or "with increasing frevour" then I don't really see the point of spending the money on it.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13988
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Airsoft

Postby DISCHARGE » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 am

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Mkall wrote:I don't know how much qualifies as "a little bit" or how much a decent airsoft gun goes for, but my advice would be unless you plan on doing airsoft "as a regular activity" or "with increasing frevour" then I don't really see the point of spending the money on it.


:BOOM: You obviously don't like to shoot at things. :KREMZEEK:

I don't have any real specifics on Airsoft, but I do know shooting things with hard rubber pellets is fun. Spring loaded or compressed air are both fun. Spring loaded will allow you to keep shooting until you run out of pellets while the compressed air will leave you high and dry once the cylinder runs out. But the compressed air is usually semi\fully auto.

I bought one at Gander Mountain years ago, but the plastic isn't very strong and has suffered several breaks, my brothers friend broke the clip so I have to load pellets one at a time. My buddy has compressed air and it's fun, but blows through the air in no time.

Walmarts got some that look good and don't cost a whole lot either.
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2765
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: Airsoft

Postby Mkall » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:29 am

Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
DISCHARGE wrote:
Mkall wrote:I don't know how much qualifies as "a little bit" or how much a decent airsoft gun goes for, but my advice would be unless you plan on doing airsoft "as a regular activity" or "with increasing frevour" then I don't really see the point of spending the money on it.


:BOOM: You obviously don't like to shoot at things. :KREMZEEK:

On the contrary - I have quite the arsenal of Nerf Guns.
Image

My Collection! Updated April 21, 2013
User avatar
Mkall
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13988
News Credits: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Airsoft

Postby DISCHARGE » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Motto: "AnTagony IS the PitS. MoVe ALonG WoRMs. THis WarS NOT gOnNa WIN iTSelf!"
Weapon: Front-Mounted Anti-Matter Projector
Mkall wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:
Mkall wrote:I don't know how much qualifies as "a little bit" or how much a decent airsoft gun goes for, but my advice would be unless you plan on doing airsoft "as a regular activity" or "with increasing frevour" then I don't really see the point of spending the money on it.


:BOOM: You obviously don't like to shoot at things. :KREMZEEK:

On the contrary - I have quite the arsenal of Nerf Guns.


I've wanted to get those new disc NERF, they look like fun. I scored a pair of the NERF Firefly when Kmart clearanced some a while ago. Freaks people out when they see a flash of white light then get hit with a foam bullet :lol:
Blurrz wrote:Transformers fans are just like real people.

Image
User avatar
DISCHARGE
Gestalt
Posts: 2765
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:41 pm
Firepower: 10+

Re: Airsoft

Postby prowl123 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Motto: "If your house burns down... it's my fault."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
DISCHARGE wrote:
Mkall wrote:
DISCHARGE wrote:
Mkall wrote:I don't know how much qualifies as "a little bit" or how much a decent airsoft gun goes for, but my advice would be unless you plan on doing airsoft "as a regular activity" or "with increasing frevour" then I don't really see the point of spending the money on it.


:BOOM: You obviously don't like to shoot at things. :KREMZEEK:

On the contrary - I have quite the arsenal of Nerf Guns.


I've wanted to get those new disc NERF, they look like fun. I scored a pair of the NERF Firefly when Kmart clearanced some a while ago. Freaks people out when they see a flash of white light then get hit with a foam bullet :lol:


Those are actually really good. Get the Vigilon or Praxis.

BTW, I decided that Imma get an AGM M4 TDW-RAS also called AGM Scar-L
~prowl123~


Don't take anything I say seriously, because what I say may not necessarily be what I mean.
User avatar
prowl123
Godmaster
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:43 pm
Location: Watching the guy that's watching you.
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity


Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #99 - Penultimate
Twincast / Podcast #99:
"Penultimate"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, August 24th, 2014