Alternators Custom Weapon Help

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Alternators Custom Weapon Help

Postby kingrampage » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:17 pm

A while back I saw that someone made custom rocket launchers for Smokescreen, and Hound, and also a driveshaft/ gun barrel for Windcharger. Does anybody know where I can find them for a decent price. Any help would be appreciated.
kingrampage
Mini-Con
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:24 pm

Postby magus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:43 pm

I too would like to know this. I really wish I had gotten these before Transrepro.com pretty much went under.
magus
Godmaster
Posts: 1708
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 12:47 am

Postby Down_Shift » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:53 pm

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
A knock of Comanpy made weapon booster packs with launchers, Energon sabers and light sabers in it. I don't think they ever went for much on ebay.

As for the long barrel for Overdrive gun, I heard it was very poorly made. Glad I have my BT.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6451
News Credits: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby magus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Down_Shift wrote:
As for the long barrel for Overdrive gun, I heard it was very poorly made. Glad I have my BT.


Well, there was more than one version. Something about the plastic used to make it. I have one from Transrepro on Windcharger and while it's not stiff as metal, it's far from brittle.
magus
Godmaster
Posts: 1708
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 12:47 am

Postby muswp1 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:17 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
Down_Shift wrote:A knock of Comanpy made weapon booster packs with launchers, Energon sabers and light sabers in it. I don't think they ever went for much on ebay.


About $10-$15 a set. I got several sets and they are actually pretty good. The plastic and chrome quality is good and the missle launchers for the Subaru and Mazda molds fit well with no issues. The "light sabers" and swords can be a little loose fitting depending on which Alt is holding them. I would recommend them.

DO NOT get the JD productions weapons sets (if you can still find them). They are horrible quality. I bought a set of his missle launchers (which are a poor version of the BT-07 missle launcher) and the weapon set for Hound. The missle launchers had a very inconsistant fit and the plastic quality was very bad. The Hound weapon set basically fell apart and broke on me while I was trying to put it together. I've heard others had the same problems with that set also.

EDIT: Cool, my avatar is working again :APPLAUSE:
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
User avatar
muswp1
Gestalt
Posts: 2623
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:19 pm
Location: Elgin, IL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Postby Down_Shift » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:32 am

Motto: "Everyone has a bad hobby or a bad habit and I'd rather have a bad hobby over a bad habit."
Weapon: Rust Ray Gun
muswp1 wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:A knock of Comanpy made weapon booster packs with launchers, Energon sabers and light sabers in it. I don't think they ever went for much on ebay.


About $10-$15 a set. I got several sets and they are actually pretty good. The plastic and chrome quality is good and the missle launchers for the Subaru and Mazda molds fit well with no issues. The "light sabers" and swords can be a little loose fitting depending on which Alt is holding them. I would recommend them.

DO NOT get the JD productions weapons sets (if you can still find them). They are horrible quality. I bought a set of his missle launchers (which are a poor version of the BT-07 missle launcher) and the weapon set for Hound. The missle launchers had a very inconsistant fit and the plastic quality was very bad. The Hound weapon set basically fell apart and broke on me while I was trying to put it together. I've heard others had the same problems with that set also.

EDIT: Cool, my avatar is working again :APPLAUSE:


I'm still considering getting a set. I wouldn't mind seeing some more rocket launchers on my BTs sholders.
Image

TFcon Third Party Host
www.tfcon.ca
www.cybertron.ca - Canadian Transformers News First!

Blurrz wrote:Down_Shift is a god...
User avatar
Down_Shift
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6451
News Credits: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2001 10:45 am
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Postby muswp1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:12 pm

Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
If it's the set with the swords, go ahead. I bought several of those myself and they're worth it.. The ones that JD was making are the ones to stay far away from.
"Why do so many people need help? Life's not that complicated. You get up, go to work, eat three meals, take one good s***, and go back to bed. What's the f***ing mystery?" - George Carlin - Complaints & Grievances
User avatar
muswp1
Gestalt
Posts: 2623
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:19 pm
Location: Elgin, IL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Optimus Prime Leader Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 51 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers The Movie Decepticon Brawl DLX Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 22 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers The Movie Barricade DLX Class 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 4 hours 53 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Unicron Megatron Prime Beast Hunters Commander Cancelled Sealed New - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 25 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS Razorclaw MOSC NEW Biocombat Variant Card w/VHS - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 13 minutes 46 seconds
CYCLONUS-Transformers Combiner Wars - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 16 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers G1 (empty) BOX & BUBBLE INSERT HOUND 14 takara collection - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 minutes 23 seconds
NEW TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS BEAST FIRE PREDAKING *Target Exclusive* - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 32 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016