Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah, I wish they'd have had the foresight to plan some alternate heads. At the price point, getting 3 and 4 repaints of the same figure with no mold changes jumps the shark really quick.

I got the first few of these but bailed a while back... Banzaitron is threatening to tempt me back on board for one more, though. Very nice look for him. :-?
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2059
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:30 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Deathsanras » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:56 pm

El Duque wrote:Autobase Aichi brings us word that Toy Hobby Market will be including a limited edition Transformers themed iPhone cover with exclusive Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron orders.


Just in time to be superseded by iPhone 5...
Deathsanras
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby gavinfuzzy » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 am

Motto: "Secrets are the foundations of success"
Weapon: Sub-Machine Gun
The molds are pretty good, but the repaints are starting to get pretty retarded.

If that Galvatron had a new head, I might have gotten it.

As it stands, I have the red Prime and silver Megatron. Prime was bought on 1st release, he actually looked pretty cool, and at that time departmental stores here actually imported takara products for regular retail.

Megatron was recently bought at an anime convention, got it only to stand next to Prime, and cos it was pretty cheap at around $30US. Megatron and Prime look nearly identical... #-o
Add me as a friend on facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/gavinlimkj
User avatar
gavinfuzzy
Godmaster
Posts: 1865
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: Singapore
Watch gavinfuzzy on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Burn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:30 am

Deathsanras wrote:
El Duque wrote:Autobase Aichi brings us word that Toy Hobby Market will be including a limited edition Transformers themed iPhone cover with exclusive Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron orders.


Just in time to be superseded by iPhone 5...


Which was already surpassed by the Samsung Galaxy SIII...
Image
Rated X wrote:Right now the best option is to buy 4 alpha bravos.
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 42612
News Credits: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:37 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Deathsanras » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:33 am

Burn wrote:
Deathsanras wrote:Just in time to be superseded by iPhone 5...


Which was already surpassed by the Samsung Galaxy SIII...


I hate people.

I hate obvious, wanton trolls even more.
Deathsanras
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:37 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:30 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I still say that they should have switched the molds around for these two and Dai Atlas.

Dai Atlas should had been the Questor mold.
Banzai-Tron should have been the Megatron mold.
Thus would leave Galvatron with the Convoy mold, but at leas he'd have a different body from Megs.

Of course, all three would still require new heads. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 24898
News Credits: 176
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby gothsaurus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:07 am

Megatron's head on Prime's body... Yeah, yeah. I think I SAW that episode!

But yeah, new heads. If you're charging $50-$130 for a repaint, needs a new head and some serious forethought. Like Classics Sideswipe/Sunstreaker forethought.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2059
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:30 am

Re: Alternity Galvatron and Banzaitron Toy Hobby Market Exclusives

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
gothsaurus wrote:Megatron's head on Prime's body... Yeah, yeah. I think I SAW that episode!

But yeah, new heads. If you're charging $50-$130 for a repaint, needs a new head and some serious forethought. Like Classics Sideswipe/Sunstreaker forethought.
My reasoning being this:

A key feature of Dai Atlas' design were his large wings, and the Questor mold has the biggest set of wings and is the most jet-like, thus fititng for Dai Atlas.

Banzaitron has lately been associated with the look of a samurai, which the Megatron mold greatly resmebles.

The Convoy mold being used for Galvatron is simply the victim of process of elimination, but would serve as the ultimate insult to Optimus.

Plus, the Bumble/Cliff/Goldbug mold would look silly for Galvatron. :lol:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 24898
News Credits: 176
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS MENASOR COLLECTORS SET OF 6 G2 NEW - Time Remaining: 29 days 23 hours 39 minutes 16 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS AUTOBOT PROWL *SHIPS WORLDWIDE* - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 46 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers ACTION FIGURE, Generations Combiner Wars Victorion Pack TRANSFORMER - Time Remaining: 11 days 5 hours 16 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers G1 1989 PINCHER inner robot scorpion pretender - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 5 minutes 32 seconds
Kids Logic 2015 Transformers Age of Extinction Weapon Set for 6" Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 23 hours 53 minutes 14 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Revenge of the Fallen IRONHIDE RA-02 Action Figure MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 59 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Lot Beast Wars Neo Dx-04 BREAK PENGUIN & DAED END Set - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 48 minutes 40 seconds
instock ! Transformers Masterpiece MP-18 BlueStreak Figure KO! - Time Remaining: 16 days 8 hours 33 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive
Twincast / Podcast #149:
"Titans Arrive"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016