Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Do you collect other toys besides Transformers? Maybe you've got a Masters of the Universe collection you'd like to show off, or maybe you like Thundercats, Voltron, G.I.Joe, Power Rangers, Star Wars, Wrestling, or any of the various comic book toy lines. Please keep the discussions here to non-Transformers toy lines.

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Nice paint job on frontal. I never paint the little figures, unless they're pilot figs in the cockpit. I have a whole box of those little guys, so many I couldn't tell who's who if I wanted to. Sinanju is alright, never really tripped my trigger though. I see it and all I can think is "it's decent but the Sazabi is so much more badass..."
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby tom brokaw » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:58 pm

i was a big fan of gundam.... but i lost interest when they brought it over here to the U.S.

.... the same goes for anime....
User avatar
tom brokaw
Gestalt
Posts: 2353
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:07 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:09 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
tom brokaw wrote:i was a big fan of gundam.... but i lost interest when they brought it over here to the U.S.


Why? I mean, Wing was the first series to be localized, and that was way back in '96.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 pm

tom brokaw wrote:i was a big fan of gundam.... but i lost interest when they brought it over here to the U.S.

.... the same goes for anime....



That's just nuts. For one, the UC timeline is unchanged even after it came out in NA. Maybe because it never caught on, who knows? Of course, I'm sure it would have caught on had they played it in it's correct order on CN so new fans actually knew what the hell was going on.

Wing sucks by comparison, it's only slightly better than G or SD Gundam. Of course G was ok too in it's own way, if you look at it as a totally goofy parody of Gundam, with some blantant tongue in cheek racism. Windmill and Tequila Gundam stand out in my mind...

00 is a bit preachy, I'm not a huge fan of it, but it's a decent series nevertheless. I challenge you to watch Seed and Seed destiny, and still tell me you have no interest in Gundam anymore.
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:32 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Strike X105 wrote:I challenge you to watch Seed and Seed destiny, and still tell me you have no interest in Gundam anymore.


That could backfire on you, you know. While the CE series were both really good, they still suffered from huge problems. Overuse of flashbacks, Kira replacing Shinn, and many other things. Likewise, after 00, SEED's animation just looked weird to me.

Not that it's a bad series. It was the series that got me into Gundam, after all. (G tried and failed)
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Blurrz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Seed/Destiny was okay. I disliked Shinn because he ended up being the anti-hero in the end, and my god I hated his Kicker-Energon attitude. Oh god, I remember they were running at the same time and both of them pissed me off.

Anyways yeah, 00 S2 is my favorite because well, it's the Mobile Suits that make the anime for me. 00 has the freaking power of Quantimazation, healing powers, telekinesis, pwnage, and just about everything you'd want from the Main character. Cherudim has the sniper rifle, of course something laid down before by Dynames Gundam, and I never thought the Sniper rifle would work... And of course the shield bits and armored hand guns are just kickass. Arios fits (H)Allelujah's personality so well, it's savage, fast, and seeing that thing fight is just jaw-dropping. Remember the last episode in S2 against Hilling Care? Oh my god that was awesome. Switch over to Seravee Gundam, how many arms and hands does it freaking have? I know the 2-in-1 Gundam style was already created before, but watching that thing fight and just create giant balls of plasma is just wicked.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm

00. I want to like it, and I do compared to a lot of others...but I think it's a bit overrated, and like I said preachy. UC still owns. Here's my personal favorite top 10 Gundam animes in order:

1.MS 08th team
2.Zeta Gundam
3.Turn A Gundam
4.Stardust memory
5.Char's Counterattack
6.Gundam Seed
7.Gundam X
8.0079
9.F91
10.MS Igloo

Notice G-saviour is no where NEAR my list. I try to forget that ever happened.
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Strike X105 wrote:00. I want to like it, and I do compared to a lot of others...but I think it's a bit overrated, and like I said preachy.


It had a very strong anti-war message. This isn't different from any other Gundam series, except they made the anti-war message the main plot point.

On the other hand, I hate Marina being so preachy (Preachy to the point of stupidity), so maybe you're on to something.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Strike X105 wrote:00. I want to like it, and I do compared to a lot of others...but I think it's a bit overrated, and like I said preachy.


It had a very strong anti-war message. This isn't different from any other Gundam series, except they made the anti-war message the main plot point.

On the other hand, I hate Marina being so preachy (Preachy to the point of stupidity), so maybe you're on to something.


Glad to know I'm not the only one. I know Gundam has an anti-war message, it just seems so recycled. I mean, when I watch 00, I see a mash up of Seed, UC and Wing. It's not bad, just a bit tired. That's one thing I can say about G that I liked, they were encouraged to fight. And if one was truly anti-war, they wouldn't be watching Gundam. I hated how Kira in Seed started out being such a badass, but then turned into a sniveling whiner. I watched that whole series solely because I thought Athrun was awesome, and they didn't do enough with his character IMO. And of course the mecha matter. Exia sucked, Raiser isn't that great either. Now Kyrios...that's a badass suit though. To be honest, I'm more impressed with the Flag designs than the Gundam designs. I just wish they'd do something different. I know that's not going to be the case with Unicorn, because it's limited in the fact it has to fit in the UC timeline, previous to Victory Gundam (now the V2, that's a cool MS). Curious to see what F91 references are in that series...
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Strike X105 wrote:I hated how Kira in Seed started out being such a badass, but then turned into a sniveling whiner.


What do you mean? kira was the exact opposite. He complained quite a bit early on in SEED, about how he's the one who has to protect everyone else, but once he got Freedom, he essentially went "Screw both sides. I'm doing my own thing now. Anyone has a problem with that, take it up with my nuclear-powered Gundam."

Strike X105 wrote:Exia sucked


What was wrong with Exia? Not a whole lot of Gundams specialize in close-range combat, and Exia actually pulled it off perfectly with that sweet sword/beam pistol combo.

Strike X105 wrote:Now Kyrios...that's a badass suit though.


Kyrios really didn't do it for me. It's just the Zeta, except orange and with a claw arm built into its shield. Arios is the same way.

Strike X105 wrote:I just wish they'd do something different.


Which kind of contradicts what you said about Kyrios. Although, Virtue/Nadleeh and Seravee/Seraphim, a Gundam built into another Gundam, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's something that doesn't occur too often.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Strike X105 wrote:I hated how Kira in Seed started out being such a badass, but then turned into a sniveling whiner.


What do you mean? kira was the exact opposite. He complained quite a bit early on in SEED, about how he's the one who has to protect everyone else, but once he got Freedom, he essentially went "Screw both sides. I'm doing my own thing now. Anyone has a problem with that, take it up with my nuclear-powered Gundam."

Strike X105 wrote:Exia sucked


What was wrong with Exia? Not a whole lot of Gundams specialize in close-range combat, and Exia actually pulled it off perfectly with that sweet sword/beam pistol combo.

Strike X105 wrote:Now Kyrios...that's a badass suit though.


Kyrios really didn't do it for me. It's just the Zeta, except orange and with a claw arm built into its shield. Arios is the same way.

Strike X105 wrote:I just wish they'd do something different.


Which kind of contradicts what you said about Kyrios. Although, Virtue/Nadleeh and Seravee/Seraphim, a Gundam built into another Gundam, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's something that doesn't occur too often.


Kira was more of a whiner at the end. Maybe his ideals were screw everyone, but the whole "I'm not killing anybody" thing, coupled with the tearing at the end seed, the Flay thing, etc. compared to earlier on when he was blasting people in the strike, he definately lost some edge. He was tolerable, but a far weaker character by the end than Athrun.

Exia does suck as far as leading MS go. I'd take a Sword Strike Gundam, a Sword Impulse Gundam, Kampfer...there are a slew of better close combat suits. Hell, I'd take the Shining/God Gundam over Exia. Poor aesthetics, mediocre ability. But since it was part of a team, I guess it had to be limited, otherwise why would you need a team? On the upside, Setsuna is one of the better leading characters I've seen in Gundam for a long time.

Kyrios isn't a Zeta. Zeta was a colossus of an MS. Kyrios is more like the Masume( spelling?) suits from Seed destiny. Still a great design, and that SD suit was based on the Zeta yes, but a weaker, more agile version. Of course, all 00 suits are based on other suits. Virtue=GP02, etc. Granted there are twists, and it's good, but it's still to an extent the same. Of course, I wasn't referring to MS's and their designs at all, I think you misunderstood.I like seeing Zaku's become Ginn's, etc. I was referring to storylines, characters and plots.
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Strike X105 wrote:Exia does suck as far as leading MS go. I'd take a Sword Strike Gundam, a Sword Impulse Gundam, Kampfer...there are a slew of better close combat suits. Hell, I'd take the Shining/God Gundam over Exia. Poor aesthetics, mediocre ability. But since it was part of a team, I guess it had to be limited, otherwise why would you need a team?


What do you mean mediocre ability? Exia didn't have any trouble unless Setsuna was going up against Ali or Graham (Who are essentially Yazan and Char anyway), or against other Gundams, or equivalent MSs. In any case, hero Gundams always get their asses kicked at one point or another. Amuro got beat down all the time, even AFTER 0079.

Strike X105 wrote:Of course, I wasn't referring to MS's and their designs at all, I think you misunderstood.I like seeing Zaku's become Ginn's, etc. I was referring to storylines, characters and plots.


I admit while the second half of 00 is clearly Zeta, the first half is pretty original; An organization with a small team of Gundam pilots begins destroying things until humanity decides to put an end to war. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's ever been done before.

In any case, you can't blame 00 for reusing characters and plots without criticizing every other AU series.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Strike X105 wrote:Exia does suck as far as leading MS go. I'd take a Sword Strike Gundam, a Sword Impulse Gundam, Kampfer...there are a slew of better close combat suits. Hell, I'd take the Shining/God Gundam over Exia. Poor aesthetics, mediocre ability. But since it was part of a team, I guess it had to be limited, otherwise why would you need a team?


What do you mean mediocre ability? Exia didn't have any trouble unless Setsuna was going up against Ali or Graham (Who are essentially Yazan and Char anyway), or against other Gundams, or equivalent MSs. In any case, hero Gundams always get their asses kicked at one point or another. Amuro got beat down all the time, even AFTER 0079.

Strike X105 wrote:Of course, I wasn't referring to MS's and their designs at all, I think you misunderstood.I like seeing Zaku's become Ginn's, etc. I was referring to storylines, characters and plots.


I admit while the second half of 00 is clearly Zeta, the first half is pretty original; An organization with a small team of Gundam pilots begins destroying things until humanity decides to put an end to war. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's ever been done before.

In any case, you can't blame 00 for reusing characters and plots without criticizing every other AU series.


I don't blame 00, I blame all Gundam series. Except Seed, which is supposed to be based on UC, so I understand that one. Don't get me wrong, Gundam is my first love of all anime/mecha/robots with Macross a close second. However, I'd just like to see something more refreshing, like Turn-A. Granted, the Turn-A was a bit too powerful (obviously the most powerful MS bar none in any universe). Exia is just an awful design. Ugly as hell compared to other main Gundams like Strike, Mk.II, Zeta, Wing, etc. And it just doesn't trip my trigger. The whole "7 sword thing", I just for one don't think it's that great, and it definately doesn't hold a candle to some others.

As for a small team of Gundam pilots destroying everything...Gundam Wing? I believe that's what they were doing, granted independently at first. That's what I see when I see 00...mostly Gundam Wing. And since I was never a huge Gundam Wing fan to begin with, maybe that's why. I actually got into Gundam by accident, I saw Patlabor and Macross Plus back in the mid 90's and loved them, so he hooked me up with MS 08th team, and I've been addicted ever since. But then, that is setting the bar high, because I compare everything I see to that series, which is hands down the best of them all.
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
[quote="Strike X105"]I don't blame 00, I blame all Gundam series. Except Seed, which is supposed to be based on UC, so I understand that one.

All Gundam series are based on UC. Just because it was more apparent with SEED doesn't mean it's any less true of any other AU series, some are just more subtle than others.

And yes, the Kyrios is just an orange Zeta. The fact that it looks like the Murasame in GSD is no coincidence, actually, as the Murasame also resembles the Zeta.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Blurrz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Ah, I think Gundams are alot like Transformers. No matter what happens, old fans just won't like the new stuff.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Blurrz wrote:Ah, I think Gundams are alot like Transformers. No matter what happens, old fans just won't like the new stuff.


Actually it's quite the opposite. Mostly because "Old fans" in America, at least, typically means people who started with Wing, seeing as how we got nothing in America before that, and subbing didn't even become widespread until after that.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Ok, I say this one last time: I DON'T HATE 00. I don't even DISLIKE it. It's fine, it's a solid anime, and a solid Gundam series. It's just not anything new. That's all I'm saying. It's not groundbreaking, and it's a bit overrated, that's all I'm saying. All I meant is that for an AU series I was disappointed the writers didn't use the chance to breakaway from the formulaic typical Gundam series, the way Macross Frontier did from SDFM.

Just because the Kyrios has a wave runner mode, doesn't necessarily mean it's a Zeta KO. Influenced yes, KO though? No. Kyrios isn't nearly as powerful as the Zeta was.
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Strike X105 wrote:Just because the Kyrios has a wave runner mode, doesn't necessarily mean it's a Zeta KO. Influenced yes, KO though? No. Kyrios isn't nearly as powerful as the Zeta was.


Kyrios doesn't just have a wave runner mode, it has a wave runner mode that is nearly identical to Zeta's, just longer, and with a few changes in detail.

As for "Power," that's the pilot. The Zeta was piloted by Kamille, after Kamille had quite a bit of combat experience with the MKII. It was said numerous times in numerous series, "A Mobile Suit is only as powerful as its pilot."
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Strike X105 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm

I disagree. Compare the 1/100 Kyrios to the 1/100 Zeta. Zeta is bigger. I don't think that the pilot determines the raw power of the MS, but it does help unlock it's potential. Look at Judah and the ZZ. Of course, he is supposed to be the most powerful newtype of all. But not necessarily true at the same time, Kira and Amuro kicked some ass not knowing jack about their Gundams.
Strike X105
Mini-Con
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:12 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Strike X105 wrote:I disagree. Compare the 1/100 Kyrios to the 1/100 Zeta. Zeta is bigger.


I'm looking at the specs of both mobile suits, the Zeta is only about one meter taller than Kyrios, when you take into account that both are nearly sixty feet tall, that's nothing. And even so, overall size is irrelevant. The Archangel is much larger than the White Base, but if you told anyone that the Archangel isn't based off of White Base, they'd laugh you out of the room.

Strike X105 wrote:I don't think that the pilot determines the raw power of the MS, but it does help unlock it's potential.


Which is the opposite of what Char said on the same subject. In fact, most series will feature Gundam pilots struggling against pilots in weaker units. Amuro struggled against Char, Kira struggled against Andy, Setsuna struggled against Ali. Having a better weapon isn't useful if the other guy is better than you.

Strike X105 wrote:Look at Judah and the ZZ.


Judau was an experienced pilot and had flown several missions before he got the ZZ.

Strike X105 wrote:Kira and Amuro kicked some ass not knowing jack about their Gundams.


Kira got by because he's the Ultimate Coordinator. He's genetically modified to make chumps out of everyone else who was genetically modified. Amuro had the good sense to read the instruction manual, and still got whipped by Char several times. In fact, the RX-78-2 didn't survive the series, and Char was in an unfinished Zeong.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Blurrz » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:31 am

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I love this toy...

Image
Image

When comparing Seed to 00, I found 00 a bit more... motivational and inspiring. I thought the whole Kira not killing people in the end was kind of a cool thing, but then after looking at, it's as if he felt like not killing people justified the people that he killed earlier.

When it comes to 00, I think well... Setsuna knew that there was no justice in killing people, but it's just for the 'greater good'. The one thing I liked about 00 is that there was no loyalty to mainstay characters. Like... characters with massive screentime were killed off. For the love of god, in Seed, the Freedom was freaking stabbed through the chest by a broad sword, and the same thing goes for Athrun's Gouf Ignited.

Ugh, SeedDestiny is like Beast Machines...
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Shadowman » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Blurrz wrote:The one thing I liked about 00 is that there was no loyalty to mainstay characters. Like... characters with massive screentime were killed off.


I have a list of named characters who died during the course of 00. It's comparable to Zeta.

Of course, they still had Geass Deaths (Characters who appear to die but come back a short time later), including Ribbons appearing in a new clone body two minutes after being shot, thus absolutely killing the tremendous impact from Regene shooting him in the previous episode. (Which was an awesome scene. "I rock you suck nya nya n--*HEADSHOT*") Although Patrick surviving...this was acceptable.

Blurrz wrote:For the love of god, in Seed, the Freedom was freaking stabbed through the chest by a broad sword, and the same thing goes for Athrun's Gouf Ignited.

Ugh, SeedDestiny is like Beast Machines...


How about Kira surviving Freedom's nuclear core going off shortly after? Or Shinn and the Impulse surviving the blast at point blank?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28916
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Convotron » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:56 am

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I've just taken my first step into Gundam toy collecting. I purchased 3 Robot Damashii Gundam figures on sale from HLJ(00, Cherudim, and GN-X III A-Laws Type). I've watched a couple of reviews for the Robot Damashii figures and they seem right for what I like in toys.

Do any of you folks have any Robot Damashii experience? How about the Gundam Fix Figuration figures? Those look pretty snazzy too. I've looked at the Metal Composite GFF figures and they look pretty darn amazing to me. Expensive but impressive collector figures.
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.


Image

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
User avatar
Convotron
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Canadia
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Blurrz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Damashii's okay. Nothing beats building Gundams by hand though.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: American Era Gundam Toy Discussion

Postby Convotron » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Motto: "When in doubt, transform and roll out!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Yeah, I'd love to get into the Gundam kits that require assembling. I've been watching reviews of assembled kits and they look so very cool.

My uncle gave my brother and I Gundam kits about 12 years ago or so. It was an HG set, "The 08th MS Team". It included an RX-79 and MS-06J Zaku II, 1/144 scale. My brother and I dug them up out of storage recently and they're pretty sweet figures. I can only imagine the advances in Gundam kit designs these days. From what I've seen in this thread, I really think I'm going to fall into Gundam addiction. :)
Toys for sale, S.H. Figuarts, Revoltech, Robot Damashii, Figma, and more!

Discounts for purchases of 3 items or more! See sales thread for details.


Image

Never forget the Oath Sworn Through Courage!
User avatar
Convotron
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:13 pm
Location: Canadia
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Transformers Toy Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014