Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Another Di Bonaventura Interview

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby sideswipe6520 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:00 pm

hrmm perhaps Wreckage is not really wreckage? I definitely get a megatron vibe from him!
sideswipe6520
Minibot
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:50 am

Postby Bluebullet » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:00 pm

Maximus Prime wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:Funny, he acts like we like the design for "Megatron".


Please provide the sentence that gave you that impression.

We're trying to hold him back from everybody.......the most important element of entertainment is surprise.

He wants us to be "suprised". Common sense says that he thinks it's a good suprise, because if you have lots of money tied into a suprise, you'll want it to be a good suprise. If he thinks we will be happily suprised, he thinks we like the design. Common sense is your friend.

DJ, I was thinking the same thing. I'm so tired of their "It's not final!" bull. I also hate how they make it seem like we all like the designs. Not everyone does, especially me.


Yes, we know. And we know nothing is going to change your opinion. You will hate it, hate it, hate it, and no one is going to make you say differently.

Interesting, I hate snakes. So when I go to the zoo I stay away from the reptile display. I don't keep going in and to start ranting about how much I hate them.

But do snakes threaten to change your hobby permanently?

If they think "Megatron" was a good suprise, they truly are blind.


And you didn't understand what he was saying. he said that they are trying to keep Megs a secret because they want to make him a surprise for people.

If you are going to argue about stuff at least get it right.
You're no better than Kittie Rose.

I'm saying he doesn't know squat about what the fans think, because he thinks everyone likes the design, while it is almost the exact opposite of that. As I stated, he thinks people will be pleasantly suprised, when most people who liked Transformers as a kid will be pissed off. I've read movie discussion boards where people who grew up in the 80's were pissed about Megatron not being a gun. Can you imagine how pissed they'll be when they see his design?
Bluebullet

Postby bumblezzz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Megatron film version kicks @$$
bumblezzz
Combiner
Posts: 403
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Postby Robinson » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:32 pm

He wants us to be "suprised". Common sense says that he thinks it's a good suprise, because if you have lots of money tied into a suprise, you'll want it to be a good suprise. If he thinks we will be happily suprised, he thinks we like the design. Common sense is your friend.


The general public will be, you have to take into consideration that this movie is not just for the fans, it is for everyone. The people that dont spend days on a fansite that dont already know what the semi final designs look like. Common sense is also your friend. Take a look at the big picture and stop being so narrow minded about "your hobby" being changed forever
Image
User avatar
Robinson
Gestalt
Posts: 2633
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Postby The Mad Asshatter » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Bluebullet wrote:I'm saying he doesn't know squat about what the fans think, because he thinks everyone likes the design, while it is almost the exact opposite of that. As I stated, he thinks people will be pleasantly suprised, when most people who liked Transformers as a kid will be pissed off. I've read movie discussion boards where people who grew up in the 80's were pissed about Megatron not being a gun. Can you imagine how pissed they'll be when they see his design?


So were you hiding in a cave a few months ago or something?


I'm not happy with the designs. There isn't really anything that can be done this late in the game though. It's pointless to bitch and moan about something that can't be changed.

I doubt that I will like the movie, but you know what? I'm not going to slit my wrists over it.

This whole "Rapin' mah childhood" argument you keep putting forth is ridiculous. You act like you're the only one that's going to see this movie. Perhaps you should give Don a call, as I'm sure he'd love to hear how you would fix the movie.

If you hate Michael Bay so much, don't go see the movie. When all the cool kids are talking about how much the movie RAWKS, don't give in to the temptation to pay for a ticket. Download it and feel free to come back here and voice your opinion of the finished product. Anything more, and you'll just be whoring for attention....oh wait.
Image
The Mad Asshatter
Gestalt
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:44 pm

Postby Maximus Prime » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:32 pm

Bluebullet wrote:
Maximus Prime wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:Funny, he acts like we like the design for "Megatron".


Please provide the sentence that gave you that impression.

We're trying to hold him back from everybody.......the most important element of entertainment is surprise.

He wants us to be "suprised". Common sense says that he thinks it's a good suprise, because if you have lots of money tied into a suprise, you'll want it to be a good suprise. If he thinks we will be happily suprised, he thinks we like the design. Common sense is your friend.


You changed the tenses in your own argument. :roll:

"he acts like we like the design for Megatron" means that we have already seen it, which we haven't. At least not the design he's referring to.
He doesn't think we like the design, he may think we will like the design, but those are two totally different statements.
your argument, as always, is pure speculation.

But really, what difference does it truly make, at least to you? You don't like Michael Bay, you don't like the designs, you don't like anything about the script, so why are you still arguing with people about something you have no interest in seeing?.
Shut the hell up and move on. Buy some G1 toys, or watch the G1 boxsets, but stay the hell out of a forum that has everything to do with something that you want nothing to do with.
Maximus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10419
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2001 6:40 pm

Postby Seibertron » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Lorenzo's comments just confuse me. I am somehow still holding out hope that there is an earth-mode for Megatron at the end of the movie that we somehow don't know about yet and it's going to look really, really awesome. All of this talk from the movie guys about holding back on Megatron makes me wish even more for a surprise ending with an earth-mode Megatron. I've read the script. I've seen the toys. Heck, I've seen parts of the movie already. But I'm somehow holding onto a thread of hope that there's something in the last act of the movie that makes Megatron a more respectable looking character than he is now.

I might like what I've seen of the movie so far, but I still think Megatron and Starscream's robot modes are for the Smelting Pool. Where's Straxus when you need him?
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23167
News Credits: 733
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:49 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I think he's telling us the truth here.

1.) Toy Fair didn't publicly show Megatron or other figures beyond Optimus and Ultimate Bumblebee.

2.) They still have plenty of time to render in the finishing touches, etc.

3.) What we saw was a proto for Megatron, and there were two for Optimus. Just because we got the one proto for Optimus, doesn't mean we'll end up with the one seen for Megatron.

Look, I was as skeptical as the rest of you, in fact..I was worse. I downright hated Bay and his crew. (Yes, I hated the idea so much that I actually hated PEOPLE over it. How ridiculous is that???)

Fortunately, I went in with an opened mind when it came to the script (I didn't want to, but I realized it wasn't finished, so no harm, no foul.) and sure enough, it entertained the hell out of me. (Scratch that, it f@#kin' rocked.) They kept a good portion of the script, and made changes we haven't seen yet.

I have a feeling this will be an entertaining film. This isn't the TFs that you quite remember, but it is TFs nonetheless.

The toys aren't perfect, I'll be the first to admit it, but come on...this is ridiculous.

Watch the movie, buy a toy or two, then make your *INFORMED* decision. Then, if you hate it...alright then. You tried, you didn't like it, no harm, no foul. If you do end up liking it however, there's plenty of crow eating to go 'round.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8708
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby bumblezzz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:52 pm

people need to chill for the sake of the transformers.
bumblezzz
Combiner
Posts: 403
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Postby AbsumZer0 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:57 pm

Autobot032 wrote:I think he's telling us the truth here.

1.) Toy Fair didn't publicly show Megatron or other figures beyond Optimus and Ultimate Bumblebee.

2.) They still have plenty of time to render in the finishing touches, etc.

3.) What we saw was a proto for Megatron, and there were two for Optimus. Just because we got the one proto for Optimus, doesn't mean we'll end up with the one seen for Megatron.

Look, I was as skeptical as the rest of you, in fact..I was worse. I downright hated Bay and his crew. (Yes, I hated the idea so much that I actually hated PEOPLE over it. How ridiculous is that???)

Fortunately, I went in with an opened mind when it came to the script (I didn't want to, but I realized it wasn't finished, so no harm, no foul.) and sure enough, it entertained the hell out of me. (Scratch that, it f@#kin' rocked.) They kept a good portion of the script, and made changes we haven't seen yet.

I have a feeling this will be an entertaining film. This isn't the TFs that you quite remember, but it is TFs nonetheless.

The toys aren't perfect, I'll be the first to admit it, but come on...this is ridiculous.

Watch the movie, buy a toy or two, then make your *INFORMED* decision. Then, if you hate it...alright then. You tried, you didn't like it, no harm, no foul. If you do end up liking it however, there's plenty of crow eating to go 'round.


The two Optimus protos we saw were for two different price-point figures, the other likely being the Voyager-class figure set for release in a later wave. That proto is going to be the Megatron we get. At most they'll change the head, beyond that, that's it.
AbsumZer0
Pretender
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Postby Robinson » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:03 pm

And an earth form if there truly is one for the movie
Image
User avatar
Robinson
Gestalt
Posts: 2633
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Postby Grimshock » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:16 pm

I agree. Lorenzo's interviews either show how out of touch he is with everything or how dishonest he is. There are a lot of fans not into this movie.
Grimshock
Combiner
Posts: 452
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:05 pm

Postby Autobot032 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
Grimshock wrote:I agree. Lorenzo's interviews either show how out of touch he is with everything or how dishonest he is. There are a lot of fans not into this movie.


You can't really say that. I've noticed one thing about message boards online...it's nothing more than a high school popularity contest. With all of it's cliques, etc.

I'd imagine a few people would be willing to say they hate or like the film and the people behind it just to go with the tide and keep things calm, rather than voice their opinion and go against the grain. <-- this is why I'm considered an abrasive asshole on the message boards. I'm not willing to fit into a cookie cutter mold, or sit there quietly. Should I? Perhaps some of the time, but there's no point in lying. Especially about something as trivial as the internet and whoever might be on the other end of it.

The truth will come out once the movie and the toys do. We'll see who's on which side, and who considers themselves "Real" TransFans.

I guess you could say technically, since it carries the name TransFormers, has Optimus and crew...that liking it would make you a hardcore fan, etc. This also is not true, I don't think you can truly be a "True" fan other than to say you like TFs period. However, that can backfire in your face too, so it's best to just go with what you like. Screw the "majority". Plus, there's too many incarnations to link yourself to.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8708
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Postby AbsumZer0 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm eagerly anticipating the online shitstorm that hits when details on the G.I. Joe film come closer to being finalized. He says he's a big G.I. Joe fan, yet he apparently thinks the character Duke was the original 12" figure and that 'Cobra' is an individual. And now it's going to be a buddy picture starring Duke and Action Man. :BANG_HEAD: This is going to be entertaining.
AbsumZer0
Pretender
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Postby Leonardo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:48 am

Bluebullet wrote: But do snakes threaten to change your hobby permanently?


This movie will not change your hobby at all. Unless your collection is the size of, say, Ryan's, there's still plenty of TFs for you to buy. There's twenty or so years worth of cartoons, whether or not you think they're "good quality". You're interested in TFs now because of everything that has happened over the past twenty years. If you don't like the movie after you've seen it, collect vintage TFs, watch Armada, read the Marvel comics, or whatever. There's plenty out there.

This movie is not going to alter anything that piqued your interested in TFs in the first place.

MP: Kittie Rose was beautiful. I'll not hear a word said against her, or else I shall challenge you, Sir, to a duel.
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Postby Burn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:24 am

Autobot032 wrote:The truth will come out once the movie and the toys do. We'll see who's on which side, and who considers themselves "Real" TransFans.

I guess you could say technically, since it carries the name TransFormers, has Optimus and crew...that liking it would make you a hardcore fan, etc. This also is not true, I don't think you can truly be a "True" fan other than to say you like TFs period. However, that can backfire in your face too, so it's best to just go with what you like. Screw the "majority". Plus, there's too many incarnations to link yourself to.


The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.

I'm sure everyone on these forums, and the various other TF message boards around the world, can list something about Transformers that they haven't liked. Something NOT movie related.

I for one could probably list a dozen. But does that make me not a "true real Transformer" fan?

If it doesn't ... then I don't know what i'm going to do with my 700+ figure collection or my near complete Marvel UK comic collection, or the G1, BW, and original movie boxsets, or all my kitbashed figures. :?
And no i'm not accepting offers so shut the fudge up and don't even bother asking ya damn vultures!
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38117
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Milanion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:36 am

I'd like to see a few surprises. I love spoilers, but a few suprises (like a Meg Earth Alt Form) would be awesome.

I'm sure I'll feel like a kid at the theater the first time we see some real robot fighting.
Milanion
Brainmaster
Posts: 1477
News Credits: 4
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am

Postby Spoon » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:29 pm

Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:
Spoon

Postby Burn » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:55 pm

Spoon wrote:
Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:


I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There's simply not enough TF's in existence for you to have 5 times my collection! Doubles don't count!

There's nothing worse than a try hard fan! :P
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38117
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:06 pm

Burn wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:


I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There's simply not enough TF's in existence for you to have 5 times my collection! Doubles don't count!

There's nothing worse than a try hard fan! :P

How many do you two have? I've got around 150. I haven't counted lately.
Bluebullet

Postby Fender Bender » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Motto: "Whatever doesn't kill me will pay for it's failure."
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
Bluebullet wrote:
Burn wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:


I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There's simply not enough TF's in existence for you to have 5 times my collection! Doubles don't count!

There's nothing worse than a try hard fan! :P

How many do you two have? I've got around 150. I haven't counted lately.


150? Who died and left you so much at the age of 14? Heck, I didn't reach 150 until is was 20, most of which I bought myself.
Image
Fender Bender
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6442
News Credits: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Spencer, WI
Buy from Fender Bender on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Bluebullet » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:33 pm

Fender Bender wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Burn wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:


I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There's simply not enough TF's in existence for you to have 5 times my collection! Doubles don't count!

There's nothing worse than a try hard fan! :P

How many do you two have? I've got around 150. I haven't counted lately.


150? Who died and left you so much at the age of 14? Heck, I didn't reach 150 until is was 20, most of which I bought myself.

About 30 of them are mini-cons. Amazing amount for 3 years, huh? 8)
Bluebullet

Postby Robinson » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:36 pm

Pfft, I could have 150 ultra magnus/optimus repaints alone.
Image
User avatar
Robinson
Gestalt
Posts: 2633
News Credits: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Postby Fender Bender » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:38 pm

Motto: "Whatever doesn't kill me will pay for it's failure."
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
Bluebullet wrote:
Fender Bender wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Burn wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:


I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There's simply not enough TF's in existence for you to have 5 times my collection! Doubles don't count!

There's nothing worse than a try hard fan! :P

How many do you two have? I've got around 150. I haven't counted lately.


150? Who died and left you so much at the age of 14? Heck, I didn't reach 150 until is was 20, most of which I bought myself.

About 30 of them are mini-cons. Amazing amount for 3 years, huh? 8)


No, not really. I completed Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Alternators, 10th Anniversary Beast Wars, a good chunk of RID in 3 years. :P
Image
Fender Bender
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6442
News Credits: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Spencer, WI
Buy from Fender Bender on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Leonardo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Fender Bender wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Fender Bender wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Burn wrote:
Spoon wrote:
Burn wrote:The fudge?

There is no "real" or "true" fans. There are Transformer fans, and there are non-transformer fans. Simple.
Well you are CLEARLY NOT a real transformer fan if you say that!
My collection is at least five times the size of yours, therefore i'm a much bigger and better fan then you. Period.





ah, the joy of sarcasme :lol:


I CALL SHENANIGANS!

There's simply not enough TF's in existence for you to have 5 times my collection! Doubles don't count!

There's nothing worse than a try hard fan! :P

How many do you two have? I've got around 150. I haven't counted lately.


150? Who died and left you so much at the age of 14? Heck, I didn't reach 150 until is was 20, most of which I bought myself.

About 30 of them are mini-cons. Amazing amount for 3 years, huh? 8)


No, not really. I completed Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Alternators, 10th Anniversary Beast Wars, a good chunk of RID in 3 years. :P


Have they released all of that in only three years? Time has surely dragged for me.
Leonardo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7012
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:08 am

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014