Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Nico » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am

After pondering if I should or shouldn't see the movie, on the basis that these are poorly written pieces of garbage, I realised how much the first film was a guilty pleasure and that, despite its flaws, I still had some fun watching RotF (However, that fun only lasted for the duration of the film because I was left scratching my head afterward). I saw the first two in theatres I may aswell do the same for the last(?) one.

So, anybody else had a last minute change of heart about DotM? Sure, its probably going to suck and make fanboys scream that it ruined transformers forever but whatever. I'll just accept that its a stupid pop corn flick and enjoy it accordingly.
User avatar
Nico
Brainmaster
Posts: 1324
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Bleak5170 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
My mind has been made up ever since I saw the first film. To this day it's one of my top 10 favourite movies of all time. Revenge of the Fallen was a HUGE letdown though as it was pretty terrible.

I understand the hatred hardcore TF fans have towards the movies but I like them. I'm not about the toys - I only read the comics and watch the cartoons, (I don't own a single TF toy).

I hope we get more movies after this one to be honest.
User avatar
Bleak5170
Minibot
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Nico » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:06 am

Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).

I'd be curious to see other people handle an hypotethical fourth film, if only to see if a movie with more solid writing would still be appealing as a summer blockbuster. I know its futile to hope for a movie with a quality closer to Beast Wars, Animated or TF Prime but hey....fanboy dream, I guess? Alternatively, they could just reboot it. Hollywood seems into reboot these days.
User avatar
Nico
Brainmaster
Posts: 1324
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:09 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Nico » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:12 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


The problem is that if that eventually it will be hard to top the previous ones if a movie attempt to be smaller in scope. To give examples, once you stand on galaxies or crush the sun with a huge hammer, its hard to top stuff like that. ;)
User avatar
Nico
Brainmaster
Posts: 1324
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby shamone » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am

SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.

I havent changed my mind yet, im cautiously optimistic, false positive if you will. I hope its better than the previous two, the law of diminishing returns would suggest otherwise though.

Thye fact bay is a liar is always off putting, if he was to make the movie he said he has, then i would be more confident.

but bnothing will stop me from seeing it. And adding to its takings, giving people who enjoy the movies a stick to beat me with if i complain about the movie :-)
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby RhA » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:55 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
I'm totally biased. I'm going to love it, like I did the previous two. And yes, I expect it to be stupid popcorn entertainment.
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4377
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Optimus1138 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Motto: "Where I'm going, I don't need roads!"
Weapon: Energy Blades
Until I saw a few TV spots/trailers and read an early review of it, I didn't care much about DOTM at all. I had figured that I would see it, but purely because I'm a TF fan. Now, I think it looks quite epic, and I'm excited about seeing it. I'm expecting it to be at least as good as the first one (which I though wasn't a great movie, but was entertaining).
Image
User avatar
Optimus1138
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 592
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: United States
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby shockwavedude » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
nope, no change yet :D the scenes we've seen already has persuaded me enough to watch dotm
Image

So good!
User avatar
shockwavedude
Minibot
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


It's a matter of enjoying something more on an intellectual level vs. a more visual level. Movies that are are low plot/high effects are primarily meant to be enjoyed as spectacles of the eye. I still believe anyone who expected otherwise of the Transformers films was barking up the wrong tree.

At the same time, some people perfer movies that surprise them with twists and turns in the story or deeper mysteries. These kinds of films usually have action and spectacle take a back seat. Mind you there's nothing wrong with enjoying one over the other, or even both together.

The idea that the Transformers films are bad due to not being focused on plot is just asinine. I perfer many plot heavy films, but sometimes I just wanna see all the pretty lights too. :P

Nico wrote:The problem is that if that eventually it will be hard to top the previous ones if a movie attempt to be smaller in scope. To give examples, once you stand on galaxies or crush the sun with a huge hammer, its hard to top stuff like that.


While I disagree with you on the quality of the films, I'm happy to say you have a very good taste in anime. ;)

Lemme just add I'm glad Bay's ending the series at three films. Film series generally go bad after three films, so a new story will do the franchise good.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


It's a matter of enjoying something more on an intellectual level vs. a more visual level. Movies that are are low plot/high effects are primarily meant to be enjoyed as spectacles of the eye. I still believe anyone who expected otherwise of the Transformers films was barking up the wrong tree.

At the same time, some people perfer movies that surprise them with twists and turns in the story or deeper mysteries. These kinds of films usually have action and spectacle take a back seat. Mind you there's nothing wrong with enjoying one over the other, or even both together.

The idea that the Transformers films are bad due to not being focused on plot is just asinine. I perfer many plot heavy films, but sometimes I just wanna see all the pretty lights too. :P


The surprises only surprise you the first time you watch it. Then it gets boring watching the same "twist" take place over and over again.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:55 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


It's a matter of enjoying something more on an intellectual level vs. a more visual level. Movies that are are low plot/high effects are primarily meant to be enjoyed as spectacles of the eye. I still believe anyone who expected otherwise of the Transformers films was barking up the wrong tree.

At the same time, some people perfer movies that surprise them with twists and turns in the story or deeper mysteries. These kinds of films usually have action and spectacle take a back seat. Mind you there's nothing wrong with enjoying one over the other, or even both together.

The idea that the Transformers films are bad due to not being focused on plot is just asinine. I perfer many plot heavy films, but sometimes I just wanna see all the pretty lights too. :P


The surprises only surprise you the first time you watch it. Then it gets boring watching the same "twist" take place over and over again.


Usually it's about elements of the plot requiring multiple viewings to get things you may have missed. Not overt things but subtle stuff that might surprise you. This goes hand in hand with why more action filled films are open to repeat viewings, so you can "see the awesome" again. Each has it's own reason to be viewed over and over.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


It's a matter of enjoying something more on an intellectual level vs. a more visual level. Movies that are are low plot/high effects are primarily meant to be enjoyed as spectacles of the eye. I still believe anyone who expected otherwise of the Transformers films was barking up the wrong tree.

At the same time, some people perfer movies that surprise them with twists and turns in the story or deeper mysteries. These kinds of films usually have action and spectacle take a back seat. Mind you there's nothing wrong with enjoying one over the other, or even both together.

The idea that the Transformers films are bad due to not being focused on plot is just asinine. I perfer many plot heavy films, but sometimes I just wanna see all the pretty lights too. :P


The surprises only surprise you the first time you watch it. Then it gets boring watching the same "twist" take place over and over again.


Usually it's about elements of the plot requiring multiple viewings to get things you may have missed. Not overt things but subtle stuff that might surprise you. This goes hand in hand with why more action filled films are open to repeat viewings, so you can "see the awesome" again. Each has it's own reason to be viewed over and over.


Come to think of it...it's the atmosphere of most movies that keep me interested in seeing them again.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:04 pm

SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


It's a matter of enjoying something more on an intellectual level vs. a more visual level. Movies that are are low plot/high effects are primarily meant to be enjoyed as spectacles of the eye. I still believe anyone who expected otherwise of the Transformers films was barking up the wrong tree.

At the same time, some people perfer movies that surprise them with twists and turns in the story or deeper mysteries. These kinds of films usually have action and spectacle take a back seat. Mind you there's nothing wrong with enjoying one over the other, or even both together.

The idea that the Transformers films are bad due to not being focused on plot is just asinine. I perfer many plot heavy films, but sometimes I just wanna see all the pretty lights too. :P


The surprises only surprise you the first time you watch it. Then it gets boring watching the same "twist" take place over and over again.


Usually it's about elements of the plot requiring multiple viewings to get things you may have missed. Not overt things but subtle stuff that might surprise you. This goes hand in hand with why more action filled films are open to repeat viewings, so you can "see the awesome" again. Each has it's own reason to be viewed over and over.


Come to think of it...it's the atmosphere of most movies that keep me interested in seeing them again.


I don't want to presume how experienced you are with watching films, but it sounds like if you gave less action oriented films a chance you'd still enjoy them. 2001: A Space Odyssey, Blade Runner, Elizabeth and Stalker are some of my favorites that are highly atmosphereic.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby PrymeStriker » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Nope. I wouldn't miss a Transformers series/movie for the world. Really. Then I'll place my crappy critique in the end. :lol: Just kidding, very rarely do I give negative critique (then happened: RotF!!!) :BOOM:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5438
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
People who talk about how "deep" Blade Runner is really need to go read the fraking book it was based on. You'll never enjoy the movie again.

After reading adaptations and such, I'm confident this will be the best of the three. Hopefully I'm not eating my words next week...
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Fulkan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Well honestly I'm thinking about skipping it because of how bad the second movie was and thus far trailers haven't changed my mind. I mean really I think the only thing I`ll enjoy are the action sequences and I don't feel like dealing with the rest.. I dunno maybe I`ll give it a rent when it comes out and skip to the action scenes.. (Please forgive me if I sound shallow)
Image
User avatar
Fulkan
Mini-Con
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Autobot032 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


This might just be one of the biggest brain poppers I've ever read.

The first movie had no plot. Glasses? eBay? Really?
The second movie had a plot. The critics and some fans didn't like it, but it was certainly better than the first, which is why I can watch it repeatedly.
The third will be the best of them, storywise. I can't imagine sitting through a movie that's nothing but explosions and special effects.

It would be like sitting through a continuous lightsaber battle that never ends, going on for 2.5 hours. Oh joy.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8993
News Credits: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The difference in plots is that the first was campy and fun. The second wasn't.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Capt.Failure » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Starscream GaGa wrote:The difference in plots is that the first was campy and fun. The second wasn't.


No the difference is you chose to ignore that there was a plot due to your dislike of the film. If you honestly believe it had no plot then you have a very slim grasp on how storytelling works.

As for your Bladerunner comment, I've read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I wasn't impressed.

Let me bulletpoint it for you:

1. Sam absorbs cube knowledge.
2. Decepticons go after Sam.
3. Optimus dies protecting Sam.
4. Sam seeks out Simons for info on the symbols and how to read them.
5. They learn of Transformers hiding on Earth for centuries.
6. Wheelie says these Transformers can read Ancient Cybertronian, points them to Jetfire.
7. Jetfire translates the symbols, sets Sam and co. on their mission.
8. Simons calls Lennox while they search for the doorway.
9. They find the doorway and the Tomb of the Primes.
8. Sam and co. make their way to Lennox as the final battle is joined.
9. Sam dies, meets the Primes, and is ressurected with the Matrix.
10. Sam revives Optimus.
11. Optimus kills the Fallen.

That's the simple version, so it should be easy for even you to read. :roll:
Last edited by Capt.Failure on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby SlyTF1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Autobot032 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


This might just be one of the biggest brain poppers I've ever read.

The first movie had no plot. Glasses? eBay? Really?
The second movie had a plot. The critics and some fans didn't like it, but it was certainly better than the first, which is why I can watch it repeatedly.
The third will be the best of them, storywise. I can't imagine sitting through a movie that's nothing but explosions and special effects.

It would be like sitting through a continuous lightsaber battle that never ends, going on for 2.5 hours. Oh joy.


Too bad I wish there was a 2.5 hour lightsaber fight. That would be the best movie EVER.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4142
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Autobot032 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:50 am

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
SlyTF1 wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
shamone wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Nico wrote:Well, that wouldn't be the first time a serie suffer from a "trilogy creep" but the problem with that is that each movie attempt to out do the other in term of special effect (such as ever bigger robots and explosions).


How is that a problem?


some people prefer less explosions more plot.


For what purpose? What do you get out of a plot? You can't see a plot. So why come watch a movie if that's all you want?


This might just be one of the biggest brain poppers I've ever read.

The first movie had no plot. Glasses? eBay? Really?
The second movie had a plot. The critics and some fans didn't like it, but it was certainly better than the first, which is why I can watch it repeatedly.
The third will be the best of them, storywise. I can't imagine sitting through a movie that's nothing but explosions and special effects.

It would be like sitting through a continuous lightsaber battle that never ends, going on for 2.5 hours. Oh joy.


Too bad I wish there was a 2.5 hour lightsaber fight. That would be the best movie EVER.


I just watched a slew of Lightsaber battles on Youtube. I watched them out of order, in chronological order, and one thing became quickly apparent...too much of a good thing.

I started watching the clock. It starts out great, just like a bowl of your favorite sugar laden, marshmallow filled cereal. Then, you start to notice "hmm, probably shouldn't have that last bowl, but it's oh so good...", so you go ahead and have more. When it's all said and done, you have gunk left in your bowl, God knows what in your stomach, and a feeling of "Wow. That really kinda sucked after awhile."

I had to stop watching them because it was starting to get ridiculous.

A movie needs a plot. Really, it does.

And, all of this Lightsaber viewing made me realize that Lucas really kinda lost his way. I mean, dang, some of that was utter crap. =\
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8993
News Credits: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Burn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:01 am

Hot damn another god dang thread in the movie forum derailed into a topic about other movies!

So in response to the original question.

No.
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38822
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Anybody suddenly changed their mind about Dotm?

Postby Starscream GaGa » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:11 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Capt.Failure wrote:No the difference is you chose to ignore that there was a plot due to your dislike of the film. If you honestly believe it had no plot then you have a very slim grasp on how storytelling works.


It has nothing to do with plot. Someone says they can't believe people let the stupid plot of the first movie slide, I'm saying it's easy to because it was a fun movie.

Capt.Failure wrote:As for your Bladerunner comment, I've read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. I wasn't impressed.


Well no, you wouldn't be. It needs the ability to be able to intellectually analyse something to appreciate, so I'm not surprised.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014