Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby zwann » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 am

Shockwave's awesome intro and appearance is not well justified. He should kill an Autobot at least.

I've noticed the Wreckers are always nearby Shockwave, and I'll be honest, BEGGED for Shockwave to kill one of them to justify his frightening appearance.

I mean, the Wreckers aren't really developed in the movie. Just like Jolt in ROTF.
zwann
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:42 am

Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18351
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby zwann » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:06 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.


Yeah, I didn't like the red one either. He could be a cannon-fodder. Top Spin and the other guy(Roadbuster?) looked cool.

Too bad these 3 aren't developed well. The NASCAR alt mode doesn't sense. I thought they're gonna be in a race track or something.
zwann
Micromaster
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:36 am

zwann wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.


Yeah, I didn't like the red one either. He could be a cannon-fodder. Top Spin and the other guy(Roadbuster?) looked cool.

Too bad these 3 aren't developed well. The NASCAR alt mode doesn't sense. I thought they're gonna be in a race track or something.


Yeah, it made sense. They were the pit crew for the Xantium. It made sense that they were race cars. And it was a really good cross-media promotion. I also liked the blue and green guys, but the red was annoying.
Burn wrote:Alpha Bravo...He's a helicopter in a team of jets. That's just dumb.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
Site Moderator
Posts: 18351
News Credits: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 9:31 pm

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Rodimus Prime wrote:
zwann wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, I was hoping the red one would die. I liked the other 2. And yeah, Shockwave was wasted. He looked even more badass than any of his previous incarnations.


Yeah, I didn't like the red one either. He could be a cannon-fodder. Top Spin and the other guy(Roadbuster?) looked cool.

Too bad these 3 aren't developed well. The NASCAR alt mode doesn't sense. I thought they're gonna be in a race track or something.


Yeah, it made sense. They were the pit crew for the Xantium. It made sense that they were race cars. And it was a really good cross-media promotion. I also liked the blue and green guys, but the red was annoying.


How could you find the Red one (Leadfoot) annoying? He didn't have that many lines and they were all relevent to the plot. The blue one (Topspin) you could hardley even see in robot mode. Roadbuster (green one) was awesome. Best design and character of them all! (well, i guess thats just my opinion ;) )

But back to the oringal question, i don't think he needed to kill any of them, but have a better battle at the end. I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but in the burger king promotional comerical, Optimus and Shockwave have an epic battle. Why couldn't that have been in the movie??
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1189
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Anyone wished Shockwave kills one of the Wreckers?

Postby zenosaurus_x » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Weapon: Electron-Scimitars
I liked all three of them (which surprised me) but I wouldn't have minded if he killed...all of them. He's one of the few characters to get NO kills, at all. Even Barricade got one and he was more of a sideline character than ShockWave.

Again, I don't dislike them, I just like ShockWave more. Course, it'd have to be a heroic death or something to give them a good way to end.
User avatar
zenosaurus_x
Headmaster
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10+


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

G1 Transformers Lot Cyclonus Complete !!!!!! Decepticon - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 44 minutes 36 seconds
LOT - Transformers Generations - Deluxe Class - Orion Pax, Megatron COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 45 minutes 8 seconds
LOT - Transformers Figure - Generations - Leader Class Jetfire Springer COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 16 minutes 31 seconds
Junkyard Lot - Transformers G1 1985 JUMPSTARTERS TOPSPIN & TWIN TWIST Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 20 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS War for Cybertron WFC Generations Deluxe Cybertronian MEGATRON New! - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 7 minutes 31 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF 2009 Movie Voyager MINDWIPE Complete Exc - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 51 minutes 53 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF Toys 'R' Us Exclusive WHIRL Complete Exc - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 37 minutes 15 seconds
Revoltech Transformers Cybertron Commander Convoy Optimus Prime #19 MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 37 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016