Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby chivesbot20 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:25 am

There seems to be some sort of Cybertronion family tree I don't follow. In ROTF only a prime can kill a prime. With that rule in place Megatron kills optimus. In the first movie when Megatron dies Optimus says Brother. I don't get it. Please help. Also, Optimus replies to the Fallens quote," Die like your brothers." Optimus: " They were your brothers to. I need help with that. And finally Any new villain has to be a prime to kill optimus. Lockdown needed to bring Optimus to the Creators. But with Galvi, again if the memory of Megatron is in Galvatron, than can Galvatron kill prime? And later the creators or Unicron?
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Sub-Prime » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:35 am

chivesbot20 wrote:There seems to be some sort of Cybertronion family tree I don't follow. In ROTF only a prime can kill a prime. With that rule in place Megatron kills optimus. In the first movie when Megatron dies Optimus says Brother. I don't get it. Please help. Also, Optimus replies to the Fallens quote," Die like your brothers." Optimus: " They were your brothers to. I need help with that. And finally Any new villain has to be a prime to kill optimus. Lockdown needed to bring Optimus to the Creators. But with Galvi, again if the memory of Megatron is in Galvatron, than can Galvatron kill prime? And later the creators or Unicron?


They are not brothers. And Optimus can be killed by a regular Cybertronian because he is an ascended Prime. You need to know the differences. The original Primes are born that way. Optimus is not an original but Optimus can defeat an original because he ascended to the next level. But it doesn't make him near invincible as the Originals vs a regular Cybertronian. With Optimus ascending to Prime status mainly through the Matrix of Leadership he however is much stronger/faster/wiser than how he was when he was Orion Pax.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Sub-Prime » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:44 am

Also they use the term "Brothers" as like a term soldiers/people would use for someone that is very close to them but not be necessarily related.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby chivesbot20 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:00 pm

I know that I'm not stupid, but also, in the movie verse the matrix did not make him a prime, and he was not originally orion pax
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Sub-Prime » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:14 pm

chivesbot20 wrote:I know that I'm not stupid, but also, in the movie verse the matrix did not make him a prime, and he was not originally orion pax


Not trying to put you down. In the movie he never speaks about that part of his past. You're right that he didn't have the matrix to make him a legit Prime( movieverse is different in how you become a Prime as Sentinel had no Matrix either). But even without it he somehow was still an ascended Prime.
Sub-Prime
Minibot
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby chivesbot20 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:02 pm

Good point. Makes it clear know.
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Blast Cannon » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:45 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
chivesbot20 wrote:Good point. Makes it clear know.


You should post more.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:10 am

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
No one ever said only a Prime can kill a Prime. They said only a Prime can kill The Fallen.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby chivesbot20 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:03 am

But the Fallen says only a prime can kill a prime and so does megaton but Jetfire says only a prime can kill the Fallen in the desert.
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby SlyTF1 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:05 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
chivesbot20 wrote:But the Fallen says only a prime can kill a prime and so does megaton but Jetfire says only a prime can kill the Fallen in the desert.


The Fallen says "Only a Prime can defeat me." He never says anything about a Prime killing another Prime.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby chivesbot20 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:26 am

Then why was Sentinal the main antagonist of Dark of the moon? And the Fallen is still a prime but he was called the Fallen after breaking the rule of not harvesting a planet with life on it. Also, They would make the villain for tf4 try to kill optimus but the rule is in place that only a prime can kill a prime.
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby SlyTF1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
chivesbot20 wrote:Then why was Sentinal the main antagonist of Dark of the moon? And the Fallen is still a prime but he was called the Fallen after breaking the rule of not harvesting a planet with life on it. Also, They would make the villain for tf4 try to kill optimus but the rule is in place that only a prime can kill a prime.


NO ONE EVER SAID ONLY A PRIME CAN KILL A PRIME.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4052
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Blast Cannon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:15 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
SlyTF1 wrote:
chivesbot20 wrote:Then why was Sentinal the main antagonist of Dark of the moon? And the Fallen is still a prime but he was called the Fallen after breaking the rule of not harvesting a planet with life on it. Also, They would make the villain for tf4 try to kill optimus but the rule is in place that only a prime can kill a prime.


NO ONE EVER SAID ONLY A PRIME CAN KILL A PRIME.


I did in a bar last Wednesday. So you're wrong.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:56 am

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
It was never said that a only a Prime can kill a Prime. The Fallen said that only a Prime could kill him. And as far as Sentinel goes,if he was in stasis,the Fallen couldn't feel him,and therefore was mistaken in thinking he was safe when Optimus "Died". No doubt if Sentinel had showed up,he would've slaughtered the Fallen.
Also,Evil,by nature,is arrogant,so the Fallen would feel that only someone as "POWERFUL" as a Prime could defeat him. It might not necessarily be the actual truth. :DANCE:
Image

I love the Original G1 cartoon,Beast Wars and the Live action Movieverse.....Deal With IT!!
User avatar
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby RSDADDIMUS2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Motto: ""Freedom is the right of all Nacho Cheese.""
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Blast Cannon wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
chivesbot20 wrote:Then why was Sentinal the main antagonist of Dark of the moon? And the Fallen is still a prime but he was called the Fallen after breaking the rule of not harvesting a planet with life on it. Also, They would make the villain for tf4 try to kill optimus but the rule is in place that only a prime can kill a prime.


NO ONE EVER SAID ONLY A PRIME CAN KILL A PRIME.


I did in a bar last Wednesday. So you're wrong.



Actually,you said Arcee had a nice butt.
Image

I love the Original G1 cartoon,Beast Wars and the Live action Movieverse.....Deal With IT!!
User avatar
RSDADDIMUS2
Fuzor
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 7

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Blast Cannon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
RSDADDIMUS2 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
chivesbot20 wrote:Then why was Sentinal the main antagonist of Dark of the moon? And the Fallen is still a prime but he was called the Fallen after breaking the rule of not harvesting a planet with life on it. Also, They would make the villain for tf4 try to kill optimus but the rule is in place that only a prime can kill a prime.


NO ONE EVER SAID ONLY A PRIME CAN KILL A PRIME.


I did in a bar last Wednesday. So you're wrong.



Actually,you said Arcee had a nice butt.


That's because she does. Nothing wrong with a bit of erotic-robotism.

Have you ever noticed how phallic Arcee's car mode is? Deliberate.
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby ZeroWolf » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:15 pm

Motto: "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
Weapon: Battle Blades
I assumed that she was built to order by middle aged men going through a mid life crisis (makes sense of both modes don't ya think?) ;)

Seriously on topic though, no, they aren't brothers. It's because of a simple fact: it's not highlighted, its not expanded on. It's just a throwaway line. The bit about prime killing prime is also a load.
User avatar
ZeroWolf
Pretender
Posts: 791
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby Blast Cannon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
ZeroWolf wrote:I assumed that she was built to order by middle aged men going through a mid life crisis (makes sense of both modes don't ya think?) ;)


Now I'm trying to figure out whether or not I'd buy a consumer product Arcee. I bet she'd be multi-functional. :KREMZEEK:
Image

It's safe to assume that I'm just taking the piss.
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9898
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby dalekslayer96 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:26 am

Motto: "Where you see chaos, I see order. Where you see wrong, I see right."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Let me set this straight: Optimus Prime and Megatron are not related. They call each other "brother" because they were once friends.
Also, only the original 7(13?) Primes can be killed by another Prime. The descendants of the originals can be killed by anybody.
User avatar
dalekslayer96
Micromaster
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 pm
Location: In my Type-96 Heavy-Duty-TARDIS... Wait, wrong continuity. I meant in my secret lab on Cybertron
Watch dalekslayer96 on YouTube
Buy from dalekslayer96 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:01 am

Motto: "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
Weapon: Battle Blades
dalekslayer96 wrote:Let me set this straight: Optimus Prime and Megatron are not related. They call each other "brother" because they were once friends.
Also, only the original 7(13?) Primes can be killed by another Prime. The descendants of the originals can be killed by anybody.

That about sums it up though it's still a bit murky on the prime killing a prime as that is never explicitly said, it's hinted with what the fallen says, but never said like that.
User avatar
ZeroWolf
Pretender
Posts: 791
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby dalekslayer96 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:13 am

Motto: "Where you see chaos, I see order. Where you see wrong, I see right."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
ZeroWolf wrote:
dalekslayer96 wrote:Let me set this straight: Optimus Prime and Megatron are not related. They call each other "brother" because they were once friends.
Also, only the original 7(13?) Primes can be killed by another Prime. The descendants of the originals can be killed by anybody.

That about sums it up though it's still a bit murky on the prime killing a prime as that is never explicitly said, it's hinted with what the fallen says, but never said like that.

That's how I like to think of it. Makes more sense than whatever that Ehren Kruger could come up with.
User avatar
dalekslayer96
Micromaster
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 pm
Location: In my Type-96 Heavy-Duty-TARDIS... Wait, wrong continuity. I meant in my secret lab on Cybertron
Watch dalekslayer96 on YouTube
Buy from dalekslayer96 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby chivesbot20 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Okay that sums that up. What about Galvi. They'll come up with something but as of right now, how are they going to kill him?
chivesbot20
Fuzor
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:36 am

Motto: "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
Weapon: Battle Blades
chivesbot20 wrote:Okay that sums that up. What about Galvi. They'll come up with something but as of right now, how are they going to kill him?

My suggestion, a car crusher then take the metal to a can manufacturing plant so that the mighty galvatron is nothing more then a million cans of coke. :lol:

In seriousness, he will be killed like them all, there's no need to overthink anything. So he has no spark? He still can't fight if he's reduced to tiny pieces.
User avatar
ZeroWolf
Pretender
Posts: 791
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby dalekslayer96 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:52 am

Motto: "Where you see chaos, I see order. Where you see wrong, I see right."
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
chivesbot20 wrote:Okay that sums that up. What about Galvi. They'll come up with something but as of right now, how are they going to kill him?

When I think of Galvatron's possible ways of death, I constantly keep on thinking about how to kill a T-1000... Probably because they're pretty similar.
User avatar
dalekslayer96
Micromaster
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:01 pm
Location: In my Type-96 Heavy-Duty-TARDIS... Wait, wrong continuity. I meant in my secret lab on Cybertron
Watch dalekslayer96 on YouTube
Buy from dalekslayer96 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Are optimus and Megatron brothers?

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:36 am

Motto: "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast."
Weapon: Battle Blades
dalekslayer96 wrote:
chivesbot20 wrote:Okay that sums that up. What about Galvi. They'll come up with something but as of right now, how are they going to kill him?

When I think of Galvatron's possible ways of death, I constantly keep on thinking about how to kill a T-1000... Probably because they're pretty similar.

I don't know...They killed Stinger off quite easy :lol: Again, when it comes down to it, Galvi will go down like the rest, that's his fate afterall ;)
User avatar
ZeroWolf
Pretender
Posts: 791
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am
Location: North East UK

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014