Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

The local Solar System. From the Sun to Earth's orbit and the Moon. And from there all the way into the outer regions of the system beyond Neptune and the dwarf planets beyond it.

Moderator: RPG Support Staff

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Smokescreen85 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:10 am

Motto: "Transform and smoke 'em!"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Captain’s Ready Room

Wheeljack listened carefully as Ultra Magnus confirmed that a ground bridge was exactly what he was looking for the scientist and his team to rebuild from old space bridge designs. The goal here was an ambitious one, resulting in the replacement of current orbital bounce systems as a means of transportation around the planet. Instead, the ground bridge, as the mechanical engineer had already come to call it, would satisfy those needs and be nearly impossible for the Decepticons, especially Soundwave, to track. The green light was given. All ‘Jack needed to do was make it a reality. It was a lot to tackle, but the scientist would not be doing it alone. Iron Fist, Hoist, Blaster and hopefully even Perceptor would be a part of the team. They would provide all of the help the white mech needed.

“Consider the safeties off, Commander," Wheeljack responded to the City Commander as Magnus toggled the controls of the holographic display, brining up another set of older schematics. This time it was the Teletraan Sky Spy modules. Intriguing, the engineer thought as the images danced over the table between them. Magnus then went on the explain that he wanted this old technology altered to not only handle planetary communications and observations, but to also create a shield of sorts that would prevent the Decepticons from using their own orbital bounce systems. It was another lofty goal, but one that ‘Jack felt certain that he could succeed in accomplishing with the help of his team of capable mechs.

Wheeljack was then given the okay to requisition any expert that he required for the multiple tasks assigned to him and his team, including Perceptor. Once that was done, the holographic display disappeared as Ultra Magnus stood from his chair. The mechanical engineer followed suit and gave the Autobot Commander a firm handshake. “I thank you for this opportunity, Commander Magnus. My team and I won’t let you down."

With an unspoken nod of dismissal given, Wheeljack wasted no more time as he quickly turned and exited the captain’s ready room. There was a lot of work to be done and very little time in which to do it. First and foremost the team needed to be called together in his lab for an initial briefing on what needed to be accomplished. It would likely become a brainstorming session that would give them a clear indication on how to proceed. It was an overwhelming set of tasks, but once a game plan was established it would make things moving forwards so much easier.

Corridors

Wait an astrosec, Wheeljack thought as he left the bridge and stopped in the middle of the hallway. What about Smokescreen and Tracer? They’re in my lab. I can’t have my team working around them. What if Tracer goes nuts again. Everything we’ve been up to recently could be exposed. Slaggit!! It had become obvious that the engineer’s lab would not be to best place for the team to assemble. However, last time 'Jack checked, Perceptor was working in the main science lab on the Ark-22, which should be more than adequate to service the needs of the team.

With that settled, Wheeljack then opened a comm line to his newly established group of scientific minds, making sure the signal reached over to the Guardian, as well:

>>"Perceptor, Iron Fist, Hoist, Blaster, this is Wheeljack. Under orders from Ultra Magnus, himself, we are all reassigned to a special science team that has been given the important assignment of developing and constructing new technologies as well as rebuilding old ones in an effort to establish an Autobot colony down on the planet Earth beneath us. Please meet in the science lab on the Ark-22 for a further, more detailed briefing and a subsequent brainstorming session on what needs to be accomplished. See you all there soon. Wheeljack out."<<

With his message sent, Wheeljack cut his comm line and started walking again. Instead of heading directly to the science lab, the mechanical engineer made his way back to his own. There was no rush as it would take time for the others to drop whatever they were currently doing and gather what they needed to bring with them. Besides, if ‘Jack was a little late to the proceedings then so be it. He needed to first inform Smokescreen and Tracer about his reassignment before making sure that they both knew how to properly work the replicator just in case he wasn’t around to create another batch of Syk. The scientist also needed to double check the reconfiguration to verify that the hallucinogen element was at the proper dosage. Once all that was done, the white mech would join his fellow colleagues down in the science lab.

Perhaps I should just replicate myself. It would certainly be easier if I was at two places at once, Wheeljack thought as he entered a turbo lift that would take him back down to the lower levels of the Ark. Of course, considering how the first batch of reproduced Syk turned out, perhaps cloning himself wouldn’t be such a good idea. The last thing anyone needed was a crazy doppelgänger of an already mad scientist running around. After all, Wheeljack was more than capable of doing enough damage by himself. On second thought, maybe not.
User avatar
Smokescreen85
Godmaster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: South Jersey
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Devastron » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
Science Lab

Jetfire had busied himself in recent time working on his thrusters in his quarters. He was forever on a quest to push the efficiency of the engines, well aware that achieving 100% was impossible just due to the laws of physics. Still he wanted to see how far he could push it, both for his personal interest and for greater use for other Autobots. If he could find a particular design or fuel mixture that was more efficient then it meant that his fellow fliers would use less energy, not to mention the massive vessels most Autobots used to move around the galaxy. The war often boiled down to who had the most fuel and so whoever used less of it would be in a decided advantage.

Having reached a an efficiency number he could not surpass at the moment the Autobot flier decided to leave his quarters for awhile and see what else was happening on the vessel. Since he had not been called up for any recent missions he didn’t have any need to bother the command staff. Instead he ventured to the science lab, a place he often found himself drawn towards. He was not surprised to see Perceptor inside the room busy working on his research.

“Hello Perceptor. I hope I am not intruding. I was doing some work in my quarters but I reached an impasse and decided to see what else was going on. Perhaps I could help you on the work you are doing here?" Jetfire glanced over Perceptor’s shoulder at the console he, easy to do as he stood a good deal taller then the scientist. “I see you are working on a new fuel variant? I was working on something similar." He paused as he studied the compound. “This is very interesting, and quite a breakthrough. How did you come up with this compound? Have you done any tests with it?"
User avatar
Devastron
City Commander
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:48 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Ember » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Motto: "I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things."
Science Lab

An impasse. Something no scientist wished to be at. And yet here he was. One of the greatest minds Cybertron had to offer and yet he could go no further. Perceptor was able to get several samples of the ore refined, but he had no way of testing the concoctions. Oh he could utilize several engines, but they would not be able to provide him with the necessary feedback he required.

The scientist turned sniper sat staring, ever since Ultra Magnus left his lab, just thinking. His suggestion of using himself as a test subject was enthusiastically shot down. So now he was left back at square one. And it was that particular square that he despised.

He heard the door open but instead of moving into position to intercept the intruder, Preceptor simply sat staring. The sound of Jetfire’s voice did nothing to jar him from his fit. "Jetfire," was his curt response. His optics remained focused on the canisters that sat ready for testing before him while the other scientist spoke and eventually quarried on his work.

“It would seem I am at an impasse. I have refined this ore, but I am unable to test it." Perceptor leaned back in his chair and looked up to his visitor for the first time. “I offered to test it on myself but Ultra Magnus denied my request. So now I’m sitting here trying to decide whether or not I will go against his orders."

Jetfire was a good friend and has, no doubt, come across the same situation. “Perhaps with you here now I will be able to perform the tests I require. You can monitor me while…." The microscope paused as he received a comm from Wheeljack. Wonderful. Perceptor grit his teeth and opened a link with the engineer. If they were to meet there was no reason not to do it here in his lab. >>"Wheeljack, we can utilize my lab. I am already here. I also believe Jetfire can be of help during this assignment. He is here as well."<<

Perceptor cast his gaze up at the taller mech and offered a slight nod. “It would seem I have been pulled from my work. Wheeljack, Blaster, Ironfist and Hoist will be joining us."
User avatar
Ember
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Foxfire13795 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Motto: "Broken Autobots never mend."
Weapon: Magnetic Repellor-Attractor
Science Lab

The corridors of the Ark-22 were rather quiet. The silence bothered the Autobots' Chief Communications Officer. He preferred things loud at a minimum. Everything had gone quiet after they had lost contact with Optimus, but this...silence had an ominous feel to it. The group had returned from the surface with medical drones. One of them would surely know what had happened down on the surface. Blaster opened a comm link to Eject.

>>"Eject, can do you me a favor? I need you to find out what happened down on Earth. Keep me updated. I'm going to be stuck in a lab for a long time with Wheeljack and Perceptor. Oh, and the Ravens won the superbowl."<<

With his message sent, Blaster worked himself up to go inside the lab as he neared the door. He was going to need all of his skills to survive. Perhaps...he was being overly dramatic. Maybe this would be an exciting experience! As the humans said, Blaster would not hold his breath. Blaster punched in the access code to the door, and smiled amiably at the science lab's two occupants.

"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep mini bong! Jetfire, I wasn't expecting you to join us but welcome all the same. How are things going for the both of you?"
User avatar
Foxfire13795
Targetmaster
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:35 pm
Location: The Peaceful Tyranny
Watch Foxfire13795 on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Marcus Rush » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:30 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Science Laboratory

Ironfist tugged nervously at the satchel he grabbed before leaving his quarters onboard the Guardian. His fingers fidgetted with the synthetic fiber straps as his scanners pegged the largest collection of assigned teammember transponders. A few moments of silence and the weapons engineer finalized his path through the maze of cooridors leading towards the Science Lab. It made as good a place as any, given it had a larger access to stable equipment.

Not to say Wheeljack's quarters or office was not approprately equiped, but Ironfist had been given first hand experiences with the experimental technology the inventor kept around. It took him a cycle to get the splotches out of his optical grid.

Releasing the magnetic locks on his satchel, Ironfist made sure his personalized tools and scanners were all intact and accounted for. When satisfied he pressed the access chime to the compartment and nearly fell over Blaster as the doors slid clear. Brushing off the stumble with aplomb, the engineer stablized his gate and emerged from behind the communication specialist.

"Not necessarily a mission for Wreck and Rule. But I am here to offer my services, such as they are."
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9105
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Marcus Rush » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:16 am

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Aerialbot's Hanger

Slingshot laughed again as he pounded Fireflight on the shoulder. "No need to worry that GPS of yours Flight ole pal. If the Fallen does bother to show himself again, which he probably will, I am sure the sight of our most esteamed fearless leader will send him packing." He laughed again shaking his head, this time walking away towards an empty ammunition rack.

The sharp shooter placed a bare hand on one of the prongs meant for a thermite rocket pod, its empty harness a sad reminder of how under supplied a great deal of the forces in the sector had become over the vorns. Slingshot knew full well that the supply lines for both sides had become razor thin, and planets with any symbolance of resources were prized commodities. Slingshot's laughter subsided as swiftly as it had begun. Planets like this one were rare gems in the galaxy...

The Aerialbot inwardly sighed. If it ever came to battling the Fallen, Slingshot knew full well he would be of no use. Oh sure he could clear the skies of any Decepticon dumb enough to aid the godlike beastie. But to take on a deity? Not even that coward commander Silverbolt, who trumped him in every statistic except brains and fortitude, would have no chance against him. Perhaps it was best not to dwell on what at present he could not control. Perhaps he could direct the efforts of the team towards helping the research that Ultra Magnus required. Problem was, the Aerialbots were a combat unit, not a team for research and analysis... well except for Sky Dive who would rather read tech manuals and flight briefings than actually get into a scrap with the cons.

"Regardless of how it boils down," he began, his voice clear of emotion and a rare time as sincere as he could manage. Perhaps the best he could to reassure his comrade. "I am sure that Ultra Magnus will do what ever he can to make sure Hardhead, Hot Rod and that other guy is brought back free and clear. And in that, we've got to get ourselves into gear and be ready for that flight dispatch order."

He pivoted on his heel and allowed the stoic expression to melt away into a mischevious grin. "In the meantime, I suggest we get to work on our little Flybots Only haven. I managed to wrangle an old flight simulator from below decks to be brought up. So lets get this place ship shape for its arrival. Then mech with the lowest score buys two rounds." He stepped over to Air Raid and elbowed the flier in the gut plates. "How you like that proposal Ace. I'm sure you've got yourself a few credits from all those shadow kills you been getting while you've been away."
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9105
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Rex Prime » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Motto: "I Have Two Choices, Victory Or Death"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Air Raid carefully lessened to Slingshot's "explanation" of the whole fallen thing, and he is not shocked about what happened, or he may be simply hiding it away from his comrades, Air Raid was unsuspecting such would happen. Hot Rod was always strange, but he never though he will turn out to be some spawn of Unicron, if Ultra Magnus does manage to find a way to eliminate the fallen without killing Hot Rod, he is okay with it, but the Decipticons will probably mind that as one less autobot is good for them, and if Hot Rod has to die, Air Raid is going to make sure he doesn't die by the hands of a Decipticon, the Aerialbot rather him die by his hands.

Silverbot then challenged Air Raid to friendly competition, a competition only the Aerialbots could participate in, Air Raid didn't got the chance to hone his skills in battle at the last mission, but is always eager for more, he has lot's preparation and energy for whatever would happen and this simulation will be great for him, he may also get some free rounds from whoever will suck at the simulation.

The Aerialbot raised his face, "Credits, eh?, a simulation of me winning and you losing is always good...for me at least, so what? is it pure racing or we get to kill some simulated con slag? i am up for both, i can speed myself ahead of you or kill cons while you watch, no problem" responded Air Raid, showing self-confidence that he will win despite the challenge, even though this bragging may get him to trouble if he loses.
User avatar
Rex Prime
Vehicon
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 pm
Location: Canada, Guelph
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Insidious » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 am

Aerialbot Hab Suite

Fireflight had chuckled good-naturedly at Slingshot's attempt to reassure him that the Fallen's return would be no big concern. Fireflight knew better, but he wasn't going to dwell on it any more than Slingshot seemed to want to. Fireflight imagined dealing with the Fallen to be a lot like dealing with forcible spark extraction. You can't really prepare for it. You just deal with it, to whatever end.

His expression turned a little more quizzical as Slingshot mentioned some flight simulator that was on some other deck of the ship and being brought here. He was with him on the challenges, right up until Slingshot said something about cleaning this habitation suite prior to the device's arrival.

That wasn't what the Aerialbot had signed up for when he had made the trek from the Guardian over to here, but oh well.

"Yeah. All right. Cleaning. Woo woo," Fireflight said with zero enthusiasm in his tone, but he set himself to completing the chores anyway.

"Why do we need a sim? Aren't there enough real 'Cons out there? I hear all the big Seekers are stationed in this sector. Maybe while we're doing your little sim we can start taking bets on who will take out the biggest name Seeky before we're done on this mudball."
User avatar
Insidious
RPG Moderator
Posts: 4390
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:22 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Smokescreen85 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Motto: "Transform and smoke 'em!"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
(OOC: Moving Tracer along with Ember's permission.)

Wheeljack’s Lab

Smokescreen hurried through the corridors of the Ark-22 in an effort to beat Wheeljack back to his laboratory. All the while the rallybot held on to Tracer’s hand as he practically dragged her along with him. They passed by several other mechs in the halls but did not stop to chat with any of them. It would have only delayed things even further. Smokey almost felt like a protoform who had stayed out too late after cycle. It wasn’t that he was afraid of the mad scientist. Far from it. The diversion expert just didn’t want to be lectured about going easy in his new body or the dangers of taking a hallucinating femme out of the lab. The rallybot knew the risks and he was willing to take them if it meant helping the blue and white scout.

Before long, Smokescreen and Tracer had reached the lab doors where the rallybot stopped and looked over at Tracer. "Now, if he happens to be in there, let me do all the talking. Okay?" The troubled femme gave him a simple nod of understanding before Smokey's attention returned to the access pad. He quickly typed in the security code that Wheeljack had given him the last time he had to leave the premises. The door slid open and the pair quickly entered into the main lab area. Once the door had closed and locked again, Smokey took a quick look around the vast room, seeing that the replicator was still situated on the workbench where it had been prior to their little trip. Everything else seemed to be where they had left it, as well, and no one else was present. “Looks like we made it back before ‘Jack did," the red and blue mech said, letting out a deep sigh of relief. He turned to look at Tracer and smiled. “Thank Primus! No lecture! Heh."

"Ahem," the sound came from seemingly out of nowhere. Smokescreen spun around, letting go of Tracer’s hand in the process to see the form of Wheeljack standing in the doorway that lead into the back room. The engineer’s arms were crossed and while his faceshield was still in place, Smokey could just imagine that a frown was deeply etched on his friend’s faceplate underneath. “Mind telling me where have you two have been while I was gone?"

“Wheeljack! I didn’t see you over there, buddy. When did you get back?" Smokescreen asked with a slight nervous chuckle in this vocals.

“Oh, I just got back about half a breem ago and you didn’t see me at first because I was in the back room wondering where the frag you were at! I was about to comm you when you ended up walking through the door just now!" Wheeljack replied angrily as he uncrossed his arms and walked over to the love-struck pair. “Do you two realize just how worried I was when I returned to find the place void of one diversion expert and one drug addicted femme? What the frag were you two thinking just leaving without letting me know where you were going or getting my approval? What if something had happened out there, especially considering Tracer’s current hallucinogenic state? What if she mistook someone else for an orderly from the asylum? She could've reacted badly and brought unwanted attention to herself and likewise to all of us!"

“She’s fine now, ‘Jack," Smokescreen managed to interrupt the scientist’s lecture.

“She’s what? She’s fine?" Wheeljack glanced over Smokescreen’s shoulder and looked the troubled femme up and down before returning his gaze to the rallybot. “I don’t see how that’s possible. She was still in pretty bad shape when I left."

“I know. I took her over to her quarters on the Guardian in order to help jog her memories. When we got there, Tracer looked through all of her personal belongings and she began remembering more and more of her past along with the present. On the way back here, she told me that she remembered everything. So, what we did worked. She’s back to normal now, or at least normal for her anyway," Smokescreen explained to Wheeljack as he stepped forward and placed a friendly hand on the engineer's shoulder plating. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about our trip, ‘Jack. You appeared to be preoccupied with whatever Ultra Magnus wanted. I kept a close watch on Tracer and she didn’t interact with anyone else, so everything’s good. Nothing to worry about. Okay?"

Wheeljack looked his long time friend square in the optics as the rallybot told him what they had been doing. The scientist had to admit that it made sense for Tracer to look through her things to help regain her memories and it had apparently worked. Leave it to Smokey, who knew her better than anyone, to find a way to make her memories whole again. Letting out a deep sigh of his own, the white mech ran one hand down the length of his faceshield before looking up at the diversion expert once more. “Okay, Smokes, I understand why you left, but you still took a great risk going out without letting me or even Axle know first. I’m assuming he didn’t know, either. It doesn’t matter now. At least you’re both back safe and sound."

Smokescreen withdrew his hand from Wheeljack’s shoulder as the mechanical engineer moved away and walked over to the replicator situated on the primary workbench. The scientist make a few additional adjustments before turning back around the face the pair. “Okay, here’s the deal. My meeting with Magnus yielded a new project for me and a group of like-minded mechs to work on. It’s a pretty big assignment that will occupy most of my time for the foreseeable future, I’m afraid. That means that you two will have to fend for yourselves for the most part. Axle will still be around but I’ll be extremely busy. Now, I’ve made the necessary adjustments to the replicator, reducing the hallucinogen element to a more manageable level. Tracer shouldn’t have any more problems with her memory when she doses up again. All you have to do is activate the device when you need another vile of Syk. Got it?"

“Sure thing, ‘Jack. No problem," Smokescreen responded, intrigued by what his friend had just told him. “So, what kind of big project are you going to be working on?"

“Magnus said that we’re establishing a new Autobot base down on the Earth’s surface and he wants me and some other science bots and engineers to develop new technologies that we will utilize once the settlement is operational. I don’t know much more than that."

“Wow, a new base with all new tech?!" Smokescreen exclaimed with excitement as he glanced over at Tracer who was equally as intrigued by the news. The rallybot then returned his attention to Wheeljack before continuing. “You think there’s anything the two of us can do to help? I mean, we can’t remain cooped up in your lab forever."

“Well, you haven’t exactly been cooped up in here lately, now have you?"

“Touché," the red and blue mech admitted with a slight chuckle.

“Sorry, Smokes, but I think it’s better if you two just stay here for a little while longer. I’ll contact Axle once I leave and let him know what’s going on. Perhaps he’ll have something for you to do. Remember, he’s the one who has to clear both of you for active duty. Until then you guys have to take it easy. Understand?"

“Yeah, yeah, sure thing, ‘Jack. Whatever you say," Smokey responded with a wave of his hand. “How about we start by cleaning up your lab, put it into some kind of discernible order? Sound fine to you?"

“That’s actually not a bad idea," Wheeljack said as he peered around the room at the mess of things that were just lying around. It wasn’t quite as bad as Tracer’s quarters had been, but it wasn’t great, either. “All right, I have to get going. If there’s an emergency and you can’t get a hold of Axle, I’ll be down in the science labs. Just comm me." The engineer’s words trailed off as he went about gathering up a variety of tools and other scientific devices that he would possibly need for the upcoming project. Placing them all into his trusty toolkit, the mad scientist made his way towards the door, stopping to look back at Smokescreen and Tracer. “Again, I’m sorry that I can’t be around to help as much. You should be fine with the replicator, though. Just don’t mess with the settings. Okay?"

“We won’t," Smokescreen replied with a smile. “Good luck with your project, ‘Jack. I’m sure you’ll come up with some pretty cool stuff like aways. Just don’t blow yourself up please."

“Heh, yeah, I’ll try to avoid that. Now, stay out of trouble, you two," Wheeljack warned as the door opened, revealing the corridor beyond.

“Never," the diversion expert shot back with a wide, mischievous grin. Saying no more, the scientist only shook his cranium before exiting the lab and disappearing from sight. Smokescreen then turned back to look at Tracer. “Well, that went better than expected, don’t you think?"
User avatar
Smokescreen85
Godmaster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: South Jersey
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Devastron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
Science Lab

Jetfire wasn’t too surprised when Perceptor acknowledged him without turning around. The more scientific types like Perceptor and himself were known for sometimes being a bit withdrawn and focused on the task at hand. Other Autobots, particularly the more social ones, would be insulted or startled by the cold reaction. Jetfire had served in various scientific departments to know that no offense was intended. The large Autobot waited patiently for further acknowledgement from the scientist.

Finally his fellow Autobot turned and explained his conundrum. It was a difficult and frustrating position to be in; hopefully he could add a fresh perspective on the topic. “I wouldn’t recommend testing it on yourself at the very least. Should there be unexpected results or side effects that incapacitate you we would lose access to the preeminent expert on the fuel. I honestly wouldn’t recommend testing it on any living subject yet. Perhaps we could rig up a simulated Cybertronian body, at least the power core and circulatory system, and test it on that? There should be enough spare parts on the ship to construct such a test subject. If the results of that are satisfactory then there is no further step then to test it on a live subject."

The Autobot flier offered Perceptor a smile as he mentioned the meeting of the minds that had been arranged. “Of course, perhaps we can discuss that testing at a future date. My offer of assistance remains open whenever you need it." Jetfire turned to a computer console and quickly punched up the personnel files on the Autobots coming to join them. He was quite familiar with Wheeljack’s work, of course, but not so much with the others. It was an eclectic group to be sure. It almost seemed like the start of a bad joke. ‘A communication’s expert, weapons designer and maintenance specialist walk into an energon bar…' He wasn’t entirely sure what they were meeting about, but it was sure to be an interesting discussion.

Jetfire turned as Blaster entered the room, followed quickly by Ironfist. He nodded in return to their distinctive greetings. “Greetings Blaster, Ironfist. I’m interested to see what sort of project we will be working on."
User avatar
Devastron
City Commander
Posts: 3452
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:48 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Ember » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Motto: "I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things."
Message from Axle to Wheeljack

>>"Understood, ‘Jack. Unfortunately I am also indisposed at the moment, but I will make every effort to stop by the lab to check on the two of them. They shouldn’t need to use the replicator any time soon. The dose I gave to Tracer should last for approximately five days. As far as finding something for them to do…I’ll need to think on that. Anyway, good luck and if anything comes up I’ll call you."<<

Wheeljack’s Lab

Upon entry into the mechanical engineer’s hold Tracer remained safely behind Smokescreen, her hand still held in his, as he took the time to look around the immediate area. When he turned to look at her and smiled Tracer’s tension eased up enough to flash the red and blue mech a small smile of her own. She was just about to comment on his relief of not receiving a lecture when something caught her attention.

Tracer nearly stumbled back and into the door when Wheeljack appeared out of the back room. The femme released a low groan as she looked at the scientist. He’d emerged with his faceshield in place and his arms crossed over his chest. She said nothing, instead she concluded that the best course of action was to let the diversionary expert take over and try to explain what they’d been up to.

Everything Smokescreen had confessed appeared to placate Wheeljack and he back off slightly. There was a lecture, but it wasn’t as bad as she had thought it was, or as bad as it could have been. Tracer’s interest was piqued slightly, and the dressing down forgotten, at the mention of the possible construction of a new base back on Earth. She hadn’t been on the planet for long and she was tempted to head back down. If only to have a better look around. Her hopes were dashed, however, when Wheeljack declared that they’d be better off staying put and that only when Axle deemed them well enough would they be allowed to leave the lab. Active duty would obviously not be allowed unless Axle said so. Tracer let out a low sigh of disappointment.

Smokescreen’s suggestion of cleaning up the lab was not one she would have preferred and instead of eagerly agreeing the femme gave a firm poke to the back of the blue and red mech’s arm. “Seriously? I hate cleaning my own quarters and you’ve volunteered me to clean ‘Jack’s place?" She moaned into his audio.

Once Wheeljack had left and the door had closed Tracer crossed her arms over her chest and sent Smokescreen a grimace. “The confrontation went just fine." She lowered her arms and took a slow step toward him. “It’s the housekeeping I’m not very happy with." Tracer said while she jabbed a finger into his chestplate. But her irritated expression quickly faded replaced by a much more serene look.

Her lips curled upward slightly as she shook her head. “You’re lucky I love you or you’d be doing all the cleaning yourself." Tracer walked past him letting her hand lightly brush across his. “I’ll get some energon for Razr while you start. Now…" the femme huffed. "…where does ‘mister danger’ keep his dispenser?"

Science Lab

“Hmmm. That isn’t a bad Idea, Jetfire." Perceptor spun around in his chair and looked up at the taller scientist. “But as you said, my work on the ore will have to be put on hold. At least until we find out why Wheeljack has gathered us all here." From his seat he peered around the jet-former and gave a slight nod to Blaster and Iron Fist who had just recently arrived. Why both were needed was something Wheeljack would have to explain. As, he was sure Jetfire was thinking, the two were not scientists but instead were masters in their respective fields of communications and ballistics engineering. With a mental shrug Perceptor simply decided to go with the flow…for now at least.

“Was the purpose of this meeting revealed to any of you as of yet, or will we be required to bide our time before our administrator arrives?"
User avatar
Ember
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Smokescreen85 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Motto: "Transform and smoke 'em!"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Wheeljack’s Lab

Smokescreen flinched slightly when Tracer had given him a firm poke in his back and then again when she jabbed her digit into his chest plating. She was clearly not happy about being volunteered to clean up Wheeljack’s mess, making her feelings known in no uncertain terms. Thankfully, her stern look didn’t last very long as her features softened into a much less frightening visage. “Yes, I am very lucky," the rallybot confessed as the troubled femme walked by him, allowing her hand to gently touch his. “And I’m sorry I volunteered you for housekeeping duty. I was just trying to find something for us to do, and I didn’t think you’d mind. If you’d rather rest up and take care of Razr for a while, I don’t mind doing the work, myself."

Not waiting for a response, Smokescreen walked over to the nearest work benches and began gathering up the various tools and equipment that were strewn about in no ascertainable order. The diversion expert quickly stowed away the larger hardware in a storage locker while the smaller implements fit nicely inside a drawer. “I tell you, Trace, Wheeljack has so many places where he can store things, it’s amazing he’s able to find all his stuff. I mean, nothing’s marked. I really don’t know how he does it." Smokey then perked his cranium up, an idea forming within his processor. “Hmmm, maybe once I’m done cleaning I should print out some labels for him. He might find that helpful. It’s the least I can do considering all he’s done for me lately."

With his mind made up, Smokescreen went about tidying up other areas of the lab. Towards the back, he found that there were still several crates full of equipment from Cybertron that the mechanical engineer never had a chance to unpack. The white mech had recently been diverted from such mundane tasks, after all. Perhaps it was finally time to move the scientist fully into his new abode. Opening the lid of the first container he came upon, the red and blue racer began unloading the contents within. It was easy to empty, placing everything temporarily onto worktables and even the floor. What wasn’t so easy was finding an area to put all of the extra equipment in a nice, orderly fashion. Disarray was simple; order and neatness, not so much.

Smokescreen let out a sigh as he looked around the lab. The back storage closet was the most likely place to put everything, not to mention the largest space left available. “I can see now why you were upset at the prospect of cleaning, Trace. Heh. This is going to take more effort than I thought, especially now that I’ve found these extra crates back here. Plus, I’m only on the first one. Sheesh. How much stuff does one mad scientist need anyway?"

Science Lab

Wheeljack sent a non-verbal acknowledgement back to Axle as the mechanical engineer made his way through the corridors of the Autobot vessel. The science lab was his intended destination and he arrived there in approximately one breem after leaving Smokescreen and Tracer alone in his lab. Assuming, of course, they were even still there. Smokey said that they were going to clean up for him, but knowing those two they’ve probably already scurried off somewhere on another one of their little adventures. Hopefully, they would keep out of trouble no matter what they ended up doing.

Entering the science lab, Wheeljack found that the majority of his team were present and accounted for plus one additional member in the form of certain red and white flier. Only Hoist was missing from the equation, but ‘Jack was certain that the green mechanic would arrive sooner rather than later. “Greetings, gentlemechs!" The engineer stated cheerfully as he gave a curt nod to Jetfire, Perceptor, Iron Fist and Blaster. “I have to say that I’m very excited about what is in store for each of us, including you, Jetfire. I know that you didn’t get the initial invite, but you’re more than welcome to join our newly formed science team if you like. Primus knows that your expertise will be greatly appreciated with the multitude of tasks that have been assigned to us by Ultra Magnus."

Wheeljack then placed his toolkit down on a nearby table before turning to face his team once again. “First off, I want to apologize for my lateness. I had a few things to take care of down in my lab which delayed me a bit. Now that I’m here, I look forward to dedicating my time to this upcoming endeavor. I see that Hoist appears to be the only one of our group that is missing, but I think we can get started anyway. He can easily be brought up to speed once he arrives."

The mechanical engineer took a deep intake of air into his systems as he prepared to speak. “I recently had a meeting with Ultra Magnus where he revealed to me that we are in the scouting and planning stages of building a new Autobot City down on the surface of Sol-3, also known as Earth. He has put us together, along with anyone else I may require, in order to develop new technologies and modify old ones that will be utilized in the base’s cycle to cycle operations. This can be anything from new forms of waste disposal to natural ore refinement to bigger issues such as transportation and defense.

“Now, there are two primary tasks of top importance that Magnus would like us to focus much of our efforts on. Both of these tasks involves modifying older technologies, which I have already been given the appropriate schematics for. The first is converting an ancient space bridge design into a scaled down version that I have dubbed a ground bridge. It will be a new means of transporting mechs and equipment from one part of the planet to another. Orbital bounces will be a thing of the past as Magnus feels they are too dangerous to keep in operation due to the fact that the ‘Cons could trace the bounce beams back to their origin point. A ground bridge is an alternative that is virtually untraceable."

Wheeljack paused for a moment to let what he had just explained sink in to every mech present. “The second task involves modifying the designs of old Teletraan Sky Spy modules. Instead of serving as solely our optics and audios up in orbit, they will also more importantly serve as a virtual net or shield that will prevent the 'Cons from utilizing their own orbital bounce technology. Magnus wants the planet inaccessible to our enemies and this ‘SkyShield’ will hopefully make that a reality."

The mechanical engineer looked at each of the assembled scientists and engineers in front of him, trying to gauge their reactions to the massive undertaking he had just laid out for them. “I can see by some of your expressions that this may seem a bit overwhelming to you. However, I am more than confident in all of your abilities to get the job done. Together, we will accomplish these ongoing set of tasks and make our new Autobot City a permanent and safe home here on Earth."

Wheeljack’s faceshield then retracted, revealing a warm, friendly smile underneath. “Now, let’s open the floor to any questions and/or meaningful discussions on specifics of the upcoming project. Brainstorming and teamwork will be essential parts of the process here, and I want everyone’s opinions and ideas to be heard."
User avatar
Smokescreen85
Godmaster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: South Jersey
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Marcus Rush » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Science Lab

Ironfist shrugged his shoulders as he pulled his tool sash from around his head and set it to the floor. He had not been given details to this vital meeting of the minds, in fact all he had known about it was the initial transfer orders he had received from Wheeljack. A simple rub of his chin was all he could muster to Jetfire's question, after a brief greetings and nod to both he and Perceptor.

The hiss of the doors soon revealed their mysterious benefactor engineer. Ironfist paused briefly and moved away from the bay doors. Without a word he hefted up his tools satchel and slung it over his free shoulder. A few steps later he found himself comfortably settled on a stool behind one of the smaller work benches.

The briefing began as swiftly as Wheeljack had managed to get himself set up. It was swift and to the point. "A new Autobot City?" Ironfist could not help but loose a small amount of awe into his muted question. From what he had remembered, Optimus had wanted to avoid such constructions on the planet below. However, it was swiftly apparent that Ultra Magnus had other opinions on the matter. And from the ever growing number of Decepticons in system, from a tactical prospective it made a small amount of sense to fortify their position. But to create a permanent settlement on a planet of savage organics?

The rest of the briefing was just as illuminating as the initial statement. "Wait," he barely contained his outburst. But it was too late and attention had been seized. Not necessarily a mech of charisma nor of the sort who sought the spotlight, all optics were now upon him... and Ironfist could feel their prying processors drill into his armor plates. There was little choice left but to at least verbalize what was on his mind. "Let me get this straight, as you say it is a touch much to take in on an initial dose. Magnus wants us to inessence turn Sol-3 into a fortress planet? That does seem a bit counter intuitive to the idea of Autobots do not Conquer."

He paused briefly, "Regardless of that, the task he has put before us is rather interesting. To revise old technology could inspire some interesting newer applications in modern arsenal development."
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9105
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Gatkowski » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 am

Motto: "Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Training Facilities - Shooting Range

Keep it cool. Just keep it cool.

Beretta was holding one of her heavy pistols out in front, aiming at the dummy targets with steady manual actuators. Something was still amiss, though. She found this stationary practice utterly uncomfortable. How on Cybertron Dragu managed to lie still for cycles and then take a perfect shot, she'd never get the hang of.

She pulled the trigger. A muzzle flare, a deep bang and a fist-sized ball of flame and puffing smoke blooming just under the chin of the mech-shaped target cobbled together from totaled and excess parts. Her explosive round found its mark.

She fired again several times. The roar of her gun echoed repeatedly in the large chamber. The dummy suffered more bursts, some dead-centered on vital body areas, some barely grazing arms or legs. And a very, very few misses, too.

Slag.

Achieved hit percentage flickered on her HUD. She wasn't impressed, even if it could have been a lot worse. With a frown, Beretta spun the gun on her finger and slid it neatly into the holster mag-locked to her thigh-plate.

If this was going to continue, she was going to lose that bet.

"Well, Arcee, it's your turn now," Beretta said and turned to the other femme standing behind her and to the left with arms crossed over her chest. A cocky smirk crept across her face. "Just make sure you do a better job."
User avatar
Gatkowski
Headmaster
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:02 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Ember » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 am

Motto: "I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things."
Wheeljack’s Lab

Tracer paused in her search for the energon dispenser when Smokescreen admitted that he’d thought the activity would do them both some good…just standing around the scientist’s lab was enough to push the femme over the edge. In truth getting things in order here would do her some good, and possibly teach her a lesson in organization. Of course she was concerned that the object of her affection had been surprised by her sudden aggressive behavior.

She turned around and sent Smokescreen a warm smile as she moved to stand in front of him. She kept her optics glued to his as she reached out and took a hold of his hands. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to get angry with you." The smile on her face faded slightly as she lowered her gaze to the floor. “The Syk is working, but since it’s not the full dose…" She paused for a moment trying to find the right words to describe just how things seemed to work. “It’s really hard to describe to someone who’s never been through...you know…an episode."

Tracer let her hands drop to her sides. “You know how you feel when you’re working the cards at the casino and you wind up winning that huge pot? You’re elated. Well, for me I’ll feel elated, but then that feeling just suddenly shifts…like someone’s pulled the rug right out from beneath me." She lifted her head back up and gave Smokescreen a halfhearted smile. “I doubt that’s even the best description. I mean, I’m the only one I even know of who has this problem." She shrugged. “I guess the better way to describe it is like I’m on an emotional elevator and I have no clue what floor I’ll stop at."

The scout tilted her head slightly to one side and thought for a moment. “Yeah. I’d say that’s a much better description." A moment passed of quiet contemplation before she finally looked back up at Smokescreen with a wide grin on her face. “Anyway, I don’t want you doing all the work yourself. Buuuut…." She took a glance over his shoulder at the storage closet Smokescreen had been working in. “Maybe we should stick with organizing the items that we actually recognize. I mean, I don’t want to disturb anything that just may blow a hole in the hull of the ship."

She chuckled as she shook her head. “Give me a minute to get something for Razr and I’ll give you a hand." Tracer backed away and whistled for the turbofox who trotted happily into the main lab. She perked up when she finally spotted the energon dispenser. After locating something to use as a bowl she filled the container set it on the floor and moved back to the red and blue rallybot. “You know, I was thinking, maybe after we get this place in order we could…oh I don’t know…take a walk?" Tracer gave him a pleading look.

Science Lab

Perceptor’s question hung in the air for only a moment before Wheeljack had finally entered the lab. The scientist turned sniper returned the engineer’s nod before setting comfortably in his chair. He crossed his arms over his chest as Wheeljack began to address the lot of them.

Everything said was absorbed and quickly analyzed by the scientist. It all seemed an interesting endeavor; however it was a daunting task even for the gathered minds present. That didn’t mean it couldn’t be done. What Perceptor was more concerned about was the ore that still needed to be tested. And if he knew the Decepticons, and he did, they had already refined the ore and had already implemented it. To him the most pressing matter was getting their sample tested and put to use.

“It certainly would be quite an undertaking. However, there is another matter that needs our attention." Perceptor glanced in Jetfire’s direction before gesturing over his shoulder with a slight jerk of his head. “The sample of ore that I had acquired from the site of the decimated Decepticon base." He paused for a moment as he looked at Wheeljack that newly acquired dour expression etched on his face. “I’ve refined it and it’s now ready for testing." He glanced at the others in the room before settling his attention back on the engineer. “There is a very high probability that the Decepticons have already refined and have put into use the ore. That is something we cannot afford to ignore."
User avatar
Ember
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Smokescreen85 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm

Motto: "Transform and smoke 'em!"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Wheeljack’s Lab

Smokescreen was about to go back to cleaning up the lab when Tracer sudden appeared in front of him, giving the rallybot a warm smile. As she reached out and took his hands into her own, she apologized for yelling at him earlier, admitting that while the Syk was working it hadn’t been a full dose and thus her mood could still swing from hot to cold in an instant. The diversion expert never completely understood what her condition did to her or how it worked exactly. He never wanted to ask for fear of upsetting her. However, now Smokey didn’t have to as the troubled femme offered up the best explanation she could think of. The casino comparison was inspired and helped him to better comprehend her mental frame of mind and how it could fluctuate so suddenly.

“That sounds terrible," Smokescreen admitted as the femme’s hands withdrew from his. “I can’t imagine living like that. Although, I can’t believe that there’s no one else with your affliction. There has to be someone with at least a similar condition. If we could just find that individual, maybe we could learn a way to better manage it. You know, if it wasn’t for this Primus-forsaken war, maybe there would have been a legitimate doctor somewhere who might have found cure by now, but I digress." The rallybot shook his cranium before flashing her a reassuring smile. “And don’t worry about before. I can handle whatever anger issues you have. I won’t take offense, believe me."

At Tracer’s next suggestion, Smokescreen chuckled, as well. “Yeah, I agree. We’ll just handle the safe stuff that won’t destroy us all. Heh." The troubled femme then excused herself to give Razr an energon ration. “No problem, Trace. Take your time," the rallybot said as he watched the little turbofox come out to get his treat. The small critter was cute and ultimately unaware of the problems his master had to face on a cycle to cycle basis. Sometimes, ignorance was bliss.

Once that was taken care of, Tracer returned to Smokescreen’s side and asked him if they could take a walk once the lab was straightened up. The red and blue mech stared back at her in an understanding manner. Like him, she didn’t want to be cooped up in a lab until Axle got around to giving them the okay to leave. Although, Wheeljack previously said that the field medic only had to give the okay for them to return to active duty and not just to take a simple walk. “Hmmm, you know we just got back from a walk," Smokey started to say as he let out a sigh that showed defeat on his visage. “Okay, fine. We’ll go for another walk afterwards. Maybe we could head down to the mess hall and have a drink or something. Just as long as you’re feeling up to it, I guess it’ll be all right. I can’t say that I blame you. It won’t take long before I go stir crazy around here, too."

Smokescreen smiled as he moved over to the storage closet, stopping at the entrance to look back at Tracer. “Well, let’s get this job done. The sooner this place is cleaned, the sooner we can get the slag outta here!" With that said, the diversion expert entered the closet and continued the task of organizing Wheeljack’s belongings, or at least the safe ones.

Science Lab

The first to speak up was Ironfist, a small mech but a very capable engineer in his own right. He had designed some of the most sophisticated weapons the Autobot army had ever seen. The Wrecker enthusiast was a perfect choice of this team of scientific minds, especially when it came to the defenses that would have to be built or re-imagined for their new Earth-bound base. Of course, the small Autobot had some reservations regarding the SkyShield that Ultra Magnus wanted them to build around the planet. Ironfist had a good point, one they would all have to keep in mind when constructing the protective, worldwide space net.

“It’s not that we’re creating a fortress planet, Ironfist," Wheeljack responded to the weapons engineer. “Magnus simply wants us to protect it. That’s all. I mean, it’s not like we’re going to enslave the human race or set up a series of weapons platforms in orbit. This SkyShield is just a way to keep watch over things and to more importantly keep the ‘Cons from using their orbital bounce capabilities. We’re not going to interfere with anything the humans want to do. Plus, we’re going to have to be careful considering the fact that the humans already have an international space station in orbit and we don’t want those astronauts to find any of our spy modules. Infiltration protocols are still in affect here."

Once he was finished addressing Ironfist’s concerns, Wheeljack’s attention was drawn to Perceptor, who had a grave concern of his own. Apparently, the scientist turned sniper had refined a sample of the new ore that was discovered in the destroyed Decepticon headquarters at Mount St. Helens. It had the potential of increasing their power ten fold if it was only successfully put through the testing stage. Perceptor was very worried about the probability that the Decepticons had already refined the ore for themselves, which would place the Autobots at a serious disadvantage.

“Interesting," the mechanical engineer replied as he studied Perceptor’s anxious features. “Magnus made no mention of the new ore sample or his desire to see it tested at our meeting. I’m a little surprised by this considering that this new power source could be used to eventually energize Autobot City. Potentially, we wouldn’t even need to mine minerals from the planet, itself, if we had enough of this ore around." Wheeljack paused for a moment as he kept his optics locked on the scientist/sniper. "Perceptor, did you inform Magnus of your progress on refinement. If so, what did he say?"
User avatar
Smokescreen85
Godmaster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: South Jersey
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Skyswipe » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Weapon: Energo-Sword
Deck 6 - Corridors


Cliffjumper casually strutted through the hallway, not really knowing where his ultimate destination lied. He just knew if he spent another nanosecond cooped up in his quarters that his cranial chamber was going to explode. He was a mech of action, a warrior - and all this waiting around was overloading his meta processors.

The loss of Optimus had been a huge hit to the Autobots' overall morale. Cliffjumper still couldn't, or didn't want to believe that it was true - despite all evidence to the contrary. Then there was that whole thing with Hot Rod, and the rumors of the Fallen One, and all that slag.

Finally, as if that wasn't enough, there was the ceasefire with the Decepticons. The thought of working together with those fraggers made his external plating crawl. He didn't trust them for an astro-second. Onslaught, Shockwave, or whoever the frag was currently in charge of the Cons was sure to stab them in the backbone infrastructure at the first available opportunity. Cliff preferred taking the offensive, as opposed to just waiting for the inevitable, but the brass thought otherwise - so his hands were tied.

Cliffjumper rounded the bend, hoping to lay optics on anyone familiar. Primus, at this point he'd consider striking up a conversation with a toaster. He was so bored.
User avatar
Skyswipe
Mini-Con
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:32 am
Location: Wauconda, IL, USA
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 3
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Ember » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm

Motto: "I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things."
Science Lab

Perceptor crossed his arms over his chest and sent an annoyed look in the mechanical engineer’s direction. “Perhaps Ultra Magnus is more interested in prolonging this war rather than ending it." His words were spoken in a biting tone but before a response could be made by anyone in the room, the scientist turned sniper raised a hand to bring pause to anything they would have to say. “Apologies, Wheeljack, but that is how I see things."

The red mech paused for a moment as he considered his response to the engineer’s last quarry. The results from the ore’s study was nearly complete, however he still needed to find a way to test it. “Of course I informed him." He snorted. “I told Magnus that I had finally refined the ore but in order be certain that the process was done correctly I needed to run some tests." Perceptor’s optics locked on those of the engineer’s as he spoke. “Preferably on a functional subject."

He let out a huff and broke off optic contact. The sniper settled into his chair further as he pressed on. “I offered to do it myself. Regrettably my request was denied." Perceptor raised his chin and gestured to Jetfire who had taken up a position not far from the sniper. "Jetfire has come up with an alternative. It’s one I would like to implement as soon as possible."

Perceptor placed both arms on the counter and leaned forward. His expression serious, his voice even more determined. “Confining ourselves to this planet, digging ourselves in deeper is not going to win this war. We can wrap this world up as tight as was we want; it will not stop the Decepticons from finding another way to get to us. This is not the only front. I hope Magnus has not forgotten that fact."
User avatar
Ember
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Foxfire13795 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Motto: "Broken Autobots never mend."
Weapon: Magnetic Repellor-Attractor
Corridors

Streetwise had left Groove in the med bay after his fellow Protectobot had gone into the CR chamber. His chassis was free of all of the sand that had been caught in his gears thanks to his wild ride on the beach trying not to get scrapped by Brawl. All of this talk of the Fallen and too convenient coincidences left a bad feeling in his fuel pump. What was Magnus planning to do about all of this...?

Casting his gaze ahead, the interceptor saw Cliffjumper coming around the corner. Streetwise plastered a friendly smile on his face and waved to crimson bot as he walked over to him. The smile was more for Cliffjumper's benefit. Morale had hit rock-bottom so far as the interceptor was concerned.

"Hey there, Cliff. How's it goin'?"

Training Hall

Arcee returned Beretta's cocky smirk with one of her own. She hefted her electro dispenser rifle, a wicked grin spreading across her faceplate. She was more than confident in her sharp-shooting abilities. She was no Slingshot, but she was good.

"Heh, you got it, Beretta."

Arcee lined up with the dummy and locked herself into the standing firing position of three firing positions. She had practiced them over and over countless times. She braced the rifle against her shoulder plating and peered down the sight to the waiting dummy.

The pink warrior shut out all outside distractions and focused in on the dummy, imagining that it was a Decepticon. Who would it be today? Starscream? Soundwave? Maybe Onslaught or one of the other combaticons. Not Megatron anymore - good riddance. She never knew until the moment she pulled the trigger.

The face was beginning to form as she tightened her grip on the rifle. Arcee wrapped her finger around the trigger and pulled. The gun kicked back into her shoulder plating as the face congealed to be...Shockwave. That worked. Her shot hit dead-center. Arcee quickly adjusted for the kickback and shot a few more rounds into the dummy enjoying the sound of her shots connecting with their target. If only it were the real Shockwave. Well, if it were the real Shockwave, odds were that she would not be this close. That arm gun of his was nothing to sniff at.

Arcee let out a sigh and lowered her gun as she emptied her clip. Her shots had hit, not all dead-center, but at least there weren't any misses. A frown crossed her delicate features as her thoughts turned to Hot Rod. She couldn't find him anywhere and anyone she ran across seemed offline on their feet.

The pink warrior turned back to Beretta, her former smile plastered on her face once more - only a little less genuine.

"Care to top that?"
User avatar
Foxfire13795
Targetmaster
Posts: 669
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:35 pm
Location: The Peaceful Tyranny
Watch Foxfire13795 on YouTube
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Insidious » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Deck Six--Aerialbot Hab Suite

Fireflight hadn't exactly invested his whole effort into cleaning up their habitation suite. His mind was elsewhere, as was usually the case. But on occasion when he did wander away from his thoughts to see just how much the other Aerialbots were contributing to the effort, he was actually pretty pleased with himself. Their contributions up to this point had been minimal at best.

"There. That's enough cleaning for me, I think," Fireflight said listlessly, his audio detectors picking up some muffled voices out in the corridors. Who might that be? Something or someone more interesting than anything he was currently up to, that was for sure.

Engaging the door, it slid out of the way, allowing the Aerialbot to step out into the hall. Not far away stood some more familiar faces. A Protectobot. One of the fun ones, even. And Cliffjumper. Nice.

"Hey guys, wanna come chill in our hab?"
User avatar
Insidious
RPG Moderator
Posts: 4390
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:22 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Gatkowski » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Motto: "Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Training Hall

"Care to top that?"

Beretta's face locked into a frown of half-surprise, half-anger upon witnessing Arcee's near flawless performance. Smoke coiled mockingly from small holes burned into the dummy's frame as if to emphasize how far behind she had been left. Exactly 22% of accuracy, according to her heads-up display.

Not that she was angry with Arcee. She was angry, truly angry, with her own self. There she was, Remy's favorite war hero, the femme fatale of Autobot strike squads, nicknamed 'Gunslinger' for her well-recognized proficiency with handguns... beaten straight up in a mere target practice match.

She had just bought herself a ticket to being laughing-stock aboard the ship for at least a standard Earth week.

"Ah, to slag with it!" she exclaimed as her manual actuator moved in a swift blur, without any conscious thought, to her sidearm resting in the waist holster.

The crude, front-heavy pistol came up to her hip before optics could refresh and her other actuator was already sweeping down at the hammer, digits spread wide. As the trigger was squeezed and the hammer fanned, the gun spat thunder rapidly, blasting the training dummy with whistling solid rounds.

None were aimed, precise shots but all of them hit the target. And against the accumulating high-explosive power, the dummy construct had no chance of holding up. It broke apart to pieces in a blooming orange cloud of detonation, showering the shooting range with sparks and metal fragment.

Beretta's pistol clicked empty, having spent the magazine - and the femme's fury with it. She lowered the gun. Venting her frustration wasn't going to excuse having lost the bout. Even if the results were quite satisfying. The bet was over aimed shots, not an all-out bullet hailstorm.

"Okay, so my mouth was too big again," she said as she turned to Arcee, "and now I owe you a drink. For three Earth days straight."

She sighed.

"This inactivity is killing me. I'm so dull I even have trouble hitting these aft-ugly, disfigured dartboards," she nodded at the ruined dummy target. "It's like command doesn't even realize how many of us are stuck up here scratching our afts, instead of doing something useful down on the surface."
User avatar
Gatkowski
Headmaster
Posts: 1091
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:02 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Marcus Rush » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Captain's Ready Room

It was a never ending war. A war between ideas that would only come to peace with the elimination of every last vestige of the other opposing philosopy. Ultra Magnus knew he was not the proper mechanism for this task. He knew it because he was a soldier first, that was his background since the early days. The final days of the Golden Age when he was subject to Sentinel Prime and later Zeta Prime and their lessons that were instilled to him. What made him any more different than those two whom were killed in battle by Megatron? Those who held little hope of victory beyond that of Optimus, his brother, had been warriors and servers of a corrupt justice.

This civil war was not about resources, though resources had become a major part of it. Energon could be synthetically converted from other sources of energy, so they would be hard pressed for starvation. Had either side left those operations alone, war would have still come upon them. No, Magnus mused to himself as the final adjustments to his newly repaired monitor was being made, this was a war for the very spark of what it meant to be a Cybertronian. Were they of empire, treating all non Cyber life forms as nothing more than fodder for their ambitions? Or were they a people who believed that they were a part of a greater universe, a small piece in the greater balance and that they all had a role to play?

Ultra Magnus had no answer for either question. He believed as his brother believed in the cause that Freedom was the Right of ALL Sentient Beings. Their methods were different but both were tempered by the restraint that simple belief brought them. But it wasn't what he believed that mattered so much as which philosophy won out. To compare it to those who inhabited the world below, it was similar to their second global war. Facism verses Socialism verses Imperialism verses the powers of Democracy. The fact that the Democratic power won out brought hope to Ultra Magnus.

Those questions laid heavily on his processors as he finally made the effort to active the scientific reports from Perceptor and the engineering design request petitions from Ironfist. The engineering requests were simple enough to go through, Ironfist was working on the designs of a new solid munition shell that targeted specific friend or foe frequencies. Its potential to the effort was abundant, though its moral applications were equally weighty. Knowing the engineer's past accomplishments and the controverical weaponry that were now being employed throughout the Autobot Army and even Navy, Magnus gave the mechanism the benefit of the doubt. He transmitted an approval to further design with the provision that Wheeljack was to sign off before testing.

The matter of Perceptor's request however was drawn a new as Magnus activated the reports of the scientist's research. Magnus did not deny the necessity of testing the newly refined energon supplement that the scientist, metallurgist and soma come lately snipper. Inwardly he supported its necessity whole bore. Ultra Magnus's concerns with Perceptor's request was that his friend had shown determination to test it upon himself. He admired the mechanism's fuel pump and desire to be the one willing to sacrifice himself in the name of science, but Perceptor failed to realize the request and the weight he was putting upon Magnus. "Or perhaps he knew percisely what he was asking." Magnus's voice startled even himself.

The Decepticons were decidedly further along in this avenue of research. Even without information or evidence, Magnus knew in his core that was the truth. And here he was afraid to see another friend put himself on the line. Optimus would have possibly made the same restriction... or would he have? Given what was at stake, Magnus had chosen the spark of his friend over a potential balancing development. He had chosen to make Earth a new home, temporary as it may be.

Still if they were to survive, they needed an edge beyond simply developing new forms of defense or transit. They needed to develop a use for this new Ore and a counter measure.

Ultra Magnus finished the detailed research paper, as long as it was verbose. He rubbed his optics briefly before glancing over to the now darkened western hemesphere and the large strip of pure darkness along the edge of the southern continent. With a simple nod, Magnus activated a basic communique link to Wheeljack and Perceptor.

<Testing of Refined Energon Derivitive of Ore 13 Approved. Conditions must be followed, testing on drones or sparkless forms only until results satisfactory and repeatable by outside bodies. In conjunction with new assignment, find potential applications should tests be deemed positive. Secondary approval granted, discover potential countermeasures to afore mentioned Energon Sample. Contact with results during status updates.>

Magnus transmitted the message and deactivated the terminal. He needed to begin with the heavy task of rebuilding these battle weary Autobots. And to do that he needed a center for them to unwind. For that effort, Ultra Magnus stood up from his desk and swiftly departed his newly reclaimed office and dispatched himself from the bridge towards the hanger decks and the Dispensory Halls.
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9105
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Ember » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Motto: "I'm not psycho...I just like psychotic things."
((OOC: Marcus, Deva, apologies for forgetting to add this message earlier.))


Message from Axle to the Members of the Command Staff

>>"The issue concerning The Fallen is not one to be taken lightly. I’ve come across some vital information and clues as to what’s happening to our ‘Bots and the two ‘Cons. I’ve also located their whereabouts. I’m on my way up to the bridge with everything I’ve found."<<
User avatar
Ember
RPG Moderator
Posts: 2753
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:43 pm

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Smokescreen85 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:56 am

Motto: "Transform and smoke 'em!"
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Science Lab

Wheeljack could clearly tell that he had irritated Perceptor with his words regarding Ultra Magnus and the new ore sample. Apparently, the scientist/sniper had wanted to test the refined energon on himself but the City Commander had nixed the idea outright. This didn’t surprise the mechanical engineer one bit as Percy was always willing to sacrifice his own spark if doing so would save Autobot lives. However, the spark in question was just too valuable to lose for any reason.

“There’s no apologies needed, Perceptor," Wheeljack responded to the scientist-turned-sniper once his comrade was finished venting. “I understand where you’re coming from. I’m sure Magnus wants to end this war as soon as possible and understands there are multiple fronts. But this planet has become a major battleground and thus it must be fortified and protected in the best way that we can. Sure, the ‘Cons will likely find a way around our defenses and continue fighting, but we still have to try."

The engineer quieted for a moment as he approached the sitting scientist and placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder plate. “Furthermore, your willingness to do what you feel you have to regardless of the risks is highly commendable, Perceptor. However, I have to side with Magnus on this one, I’m afraid. Testing the ore on yourself could cause irreversible damage or even lead to death. You’re one of the brightest processors the Autobots have. We can’t afford to lose you no matter what. We would be at a great disadvantage without you not to mention we’d lose a close friend and ally. We’ll find another way."

Wheeljack then removed his hand from scientist/sniper’s shoulder and turned his attention over to the Air Guardian who was standing nearby. “Of course, that way may have already been discovered. I’d be very interested in hearing what alternative Perceptor is referring to, Jet...." The mechanical engineer’s words were abruptly cut off when he received the comm from Ultra Magnus. It seemed as though Ore-13 testing had been approved but with strict conditions to be followed.

>>"Understood, Commander Magnus. We will report back as soon as we have results."<<

Once the return message was sent to the City Commander, Wheeljack cut his comm line and returned his attention to the red and white flier. “Well, that couldn’t have been timed better. Testing on the new energon has been approved but is limited to sparkless bodies or drones. As I was saying before, I’d love to hear your idea, Jetfire, but Magnus may have already let the cat out of the bag as the humans would say. Am I right?"
User avatar
Smokescreen85
Godmaster
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: South Jersey
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Autobot Vessel Ark-22 - Far From Home

Postby Marcus Rush » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Weapon: Automatic Acid-Pellet Gun
Science Lab

Ironfist was barely sated with the responce given, the very notion of putting a native species to work for their cause was antithetical to the very idea that they fought to protect. Wreckers never stood by while slavery was going on and in a great many tales Impactor and his crew of outlaws would go out of their way to liberate Con slave camps, though Ironfist was convenced that it wasn't out of pitty but indeed out of strategy. Cripple the labor supply and the cons war effort would grind to a halt. He let the discussion subside.

His mind was quickly dashed from the topic and onto the potential of the modernizing and streamlining of older technologies. In particular, the weapon's engineer was focused on the Space Bridge schematic as it hovered on the display. "I can see another reason why Magnus would want to modify this particular piece of technology. Bouncing requires a close to stationary position. But to enter a singularity, all one would have to do is to hit the event horizon regardless of speed. I wonder how small we can shrink this. A sub orbital rifle, now that is definitely interesting."

His audio receptors immediately caught the interaction between Jetfire, Perceptor and Wheeljack. His head simply turned from side to side. "I would assume these rooms are wired for sound and other security measures. I would not be surprised if Magnus is already reading notes on this briefing right now. He seems to be pretty up on some of these things."

The weapons designer pushed his tool satchel to the edge of the work bench. "Alright, I don't mean to be an arrogant model or to be impatient. But I say we begin this little task before we rust. I am anxious to explore this 'Bridge' technology further."
Marcus Rush
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9105
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:16 pm
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to The Solar System - When Earth Is Not Enough