Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Got a crazy idea of a fantasy battle? Want to know if Unicron would defeat the Death Star? Debate your favorite fantasy battles here!

Moderators: Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby God Thundercracker » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:25 am

Motto: "I don't love being tough, I'm tough because I love."
Weapon: Acid Rays
Batman vs. Hal in a fight to the DEATH. And remember, after GL: Rebirth, Hal no longer has a weakness against yellow. Who survives?
Image

Claiming Fox News has real journalists is like claiming Twilight has real vampires, it's just illogical.

Visit my facebook profile at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
User avatar
God Thundercracker
Gestalt
Posts: 2001
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Inferno Prime » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:49 am

Green Lantern wins very, very easily.

Batman's anti green lantern plan involves jumping him while he's sleeping.
Inferno Prime
Targetmaster
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:52 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
God Thundercracker wrote:Batman vs. Hal in a fight to the DEATH. And remember, after GL: Rebirth, Hal no longer has a weakness against yellow. Who survives?


A GL ring hasnt had the yellow weakness for a while now.

But still I give it to bats.


Inferno Prime wrote:Green Lantern wins very, very easily.

Batman's anti green lantern plan involves jumping him while he's sleeping.


I'm sure thats only one of his plans.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby God Thundercracker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:58 am

Motto: "I don't love being tough, I'm tough because I love."
Weapon: Acid Rays
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
God Thundercracker wrote:Batman vs. Hal in a fight to the DEATH. And remember, after GL: Rebirth, Hal no longer has a weakness against yellow. Who survives?


A GL ring hasnt had the yellow weakness for a while now.

But still I give it to bats.


Inferno Prime wrote:Green Lantern wins very, very easily.

Batman's anti green lantern plan involves jumping him while he's sleeping.


I'm sure thats only one of his plans.


Um, explain to me exactly how Batman could beat Hal Jordan, especially if he no longer has a weakness to yellow.
Image

Claiming Fox News has real journalists is like claiming Twilight has real vampires, it's just illogical.

Visit my facebook profile at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
User avatar
God Thundercracker
Gestalt
Posts: 2001
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:54 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
God Thundercracker wrote:Um, explain to me exactly how Batman could beat Hal Jordan, especially if he no longer has a weakness to yellow.


The Ring wasnt able to keep Batman from punching him in the past .

Hal is "NO WHERE" near a good enough fighter or a tactician to take on Batman.

And considering that Batman will know that he'll only have one shot at it he will make sure his first shot is all he needs.

So simply put.....If Bats can lay hands on Hal its all over for Hal.

Image

Image

And its not like "Yellow" was or is a GL's only weakness.Hal and other GL's are subjectiable to other things besides yellow [in the past].

Just to name a few.....Fast acting "Mind altering drugs" "hyper sonic sound" both of witch Batman would be willing to emply as a tactic to distract and confuse Hal and weaken his will power and concentration, and with out those Hals ring is useless.

Image

GL's arent even "All Ways" protected by their rings.

Hal [GL's] can be caught of guard and hurt.
Image
Image
Image

Granted he wasnt hurt badly but if Batman wanted to do more damage any of these times he could have.

1st pics
Batman could have KO'ed him with 1 punch if he wanted too and took off the ring.

2nd pics
Batman could have used poison gas instead of KO gas

3rd pics
Batman could have tapped the breaks harder to KO Hal

More to that ,A GL's ring has a 24 hour charge limit which can be depleted by over use.

And if anyone is capable of "Prolonging" a fight its Batman.He could keep Hal buisy till the charge runs out.

So who's the winner????

Batman.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby God Thundercracker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Motto: "I don't love being tough, I'm tough because I love."
Weapon: Acid Rays
So Batman punched Hal. Hal did the same thing to Batman in GL: Rebirth. And Hal is a good enough tactician to beat Sinestro, who has a yellow power ring and is a master strategist, time and again.
Image

Claiming Fox News has real journalists is like claiming Twilight has real vampires, it's just illogical.

Visit my facebook profile at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
User avatar
God Thundercracker
Gestalt
Posts: 2001
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:30 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
God Thundercracker wrote:So Batman punched Hal. Hal did the same thing to Batman in GL: Rebirth.


one punch from Hal barley phased Batman and on the other hand Batman has knocked out plenty a foe with one hit. as a matter a fact one punch was all it took to knock out Guy Gardner who is another GL

and the point was if Batman can get pass the ring to lay one punch its over for Hal. One punch from Hal would hardly knock out Batman

God Thundercracker wrote: And Hal is a good enough tactician to beat Sinestro, who has a yellow power ring and is a master strategist, time and again.


not sure where you got that Sinestro is a master strategist because he was never written as such when GLs had a weakness to yellow and even if with the current writings which do lean towards that theory Sinestro strategist skills pale in comparison to that of Batmans

Batman devised plans to take out the eniter JLA and his plans worked Sinestro plans failed.

So again Hal is nowhere near a good enough strategist or fighter to take on Batman and all Batman needs is to hit him once which we know he can do.

Batman wins
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Hal Jordan wins. This is a guy who keeps an arsenal of tools comparable and even better than that of Batman on his fist. A 24-hour charge is enough to take down Superman, Batman stands no chance, it doesn't matter how smart he is.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Shadowman wrote:Hal Jordan wins. This is a guy who keeps an arsenal of tools comparable and even better than that of Batman on his fist. A 24-hour charge is enough to take down Superman, Batman stands no chance, it doesn't matter how smart he is.


Hal isn't imaginitive. He kept his repetoire to just giant fists and catchers mits and other stupid crap. Hal also only has average intelligence. Maybe lower since he once tried to beat "the sign" and slammed into it hard. And then crumpled to the ground like a chump. Also how does The Goddamn Batman not stand a chance when he's proven time and again that if he has enough prep time he can beat anyone or anything. Aside from being able to punch Hal (he wasn't going for a knockout, just trying to prove a point) and knocking Guy Gardner out with ONE PUNCH! ONE PUNCH! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! he's also had prior experience using Corps Rings and was even selected to be in the Sinestro Corps. I think that is all I need to say.

The end result of this fight?

Image
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:00 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:Hal Jordan wins. This is a guy who keeps an arsenal of tools comparable and even better than that of Batman on his fist. A 24-hour charge is enough to take down Superman, Batman stands no chance, it doesn't matter how smart he is.


The only way Hal can win is if he see's it coming.

And as the pics proved Batman can "and did" lay the smack down.

And Batman was holding his punch there.

If Batman wanted to knock Hal out he could have and the simple fact is that if Hal gets ko'ed he ring cant help him.

It really doent matter what weapons Hal can make out of the ring or how much of a charge it has.....if Batman were going to fight Hal he would sneak up on him either in disguise or from a blind spot and knock him out with one hit.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Hal Jordan wins. This is a guy who keeps an arsenal of tools comparable and even better than that of Batman on his fist. A 24-hour charge is enough to take down Superman, Batman stands no chance, it doesn't matter how smart he is.


The only way Hal can win is if he see's it coming.

And as the pics proved Batman can "and did" lay the smack down.

And Batman was holding his punch there.

If Batman wanted to knock Hal out he could have and the simple fact is that if Hal gets ko'ed he ring cant help him.

It really doent matter what weapons Hal can make out of the ring or how much of a charge it has.....if Batman were going to fight Hal he would sneak up on him either in disguise or from a blind spot and knock him out with one hit.


Again, you're assuming that a GL can't wrap his shield around his whole body. And batman is strong--for a human. He can hold his own against normal people, but against most Superhumans, his fist really doesn't cut it, which is why most people are amazed when I tell them Batman beat Superman.

And while Hal is not technically a superhuman, his ring does grant him more than enough power to take down Batman.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:Again, you're assuming that a GL can't wrap his shield around his whole body.


I'm not assuming anything.

That "shield" is not up and running 24 hours 7 days a week, as the pic's I posted above prove.

That sheild is only active when Hal is expecting trouble.

If Hal had the shield up and running at all times Batman wouldnt have been able to punch him hard enough to cause his nose to bleed.

The fact that Batman was able to do that proves he could have done much worse if he chose too.

Shadowman wrote: And batman is strong--for a human. He can hold his own against normal people, but against most Superhumans, his fist really doesn't cut it, which is why most people are amazed when I tell them Batman beat Superman.

And while Hal is not technically a superhuman, his ring does grant him more than enough power to take down Batman.


Again only if he see's Bats coming.....which he wouldnt.

Batman was less then a foot from Hal and he still didnt see that punch coming.

And Hal is no "super-human".Hes a human useing technology.

Plain and simple....if the shield is not up and running all the time Batman will catch Hal when he's not expecting it.

And again we know the shield is not always running because if it were Batman could not have done any of the things that the pics I posted [above] show him doing to Hal.

And if Batman can punch him hard enough to cause Hal's nose to bleed then Batman could have hit him hard enough to KO Hal.

Fight over in one hit.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Shadowman » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:24 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:Fight over in one hit.


That's true, but it depends on who actually delivers that hit. In the time Batman takes to throw that punch (Of course, this is assuming he pulls his fist back for a hook or a jab) Hal could put up his shield, block, and then vaporize Batman.

Of course, if Batman DOES get the hit, it'd have to be one HELL of a punch to KO a military man in one shot. And if it doesn't KO Hal, then Hal can simply float away a short distance, then pummel Batman from there.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Melvin, the Lord of Darkness
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28637
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:29 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Boy its obvious your a "Hal fan boy" :grin:

I prefer the original Green Lantern.

Ok where do I begin........

Shadowman wrote:That's true, but it depends on who actually delivers that hit. In the time Batman takes to throw that punch (Of course, this is assuming he pulls his fist back for a hook or a jab) Hal could put up his shield, block, and then vaporize Batman.


And again Batman has already proven that he can punch Hal faster then Hal can bring up his shield.

Batman ,in the past, has proven that he has mastered "The One inch punch technique" that you may know of and was made popular by Jeet Kune Do school founder Bruce Lee.So Batman wouldnt need to "pull his fist back" all that much to thorw a punch.

Batman has also proven to be a master of the "Vibrating hand technique" which is rummered to be the "TRUE" cause of Bruce Lee's death.

Shadowman wrote:Of course, if Batman DOES get the hit, it'd have to be one HELL of a punch to KO a military man in one shot. And if it doesn't KO Hal, then Hal can simply float away a short distance, then pummel Batman from there.


Hals not much of a "military man".

He's a U.S. Air Force Test Pilot and has not seen a lot of combat.....at least not in the current "Retconed" new earth universe and history.

And again I'll point out that Batman has mastered more then enough fighting techniques to KO just about anyone
with one hit if that was what he was aiming to do.

Besides that as I also pointed out Hal is subjectable to other things that Batman would employ in a fight if he had too.

Even a quick punch to detract him and removing the ring at the same time.

The only hope Hal has is to have his ring keep him shielded all of the time...... which has already been proven he/it does not do.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Senor Hugo » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:57 pm

Well, those photos are kind of biased. Well at least the one of Batman decking Hal anyway.

Hal knew that one was coming, considering he planted a nice left hook on Batman during rebirth, so that was a kind of freebie.

Had Hal been expecting danger, the ring would have already had the shield up around him.

Plus Hal was only air-force, he was trained in combat, but against a master of every martial art known to man, he would lose to Batman in a straight fisticuffs match.

So like Sto said, the only way Batman would win is if he caught Hal off guard. Which isn't often. Hal may be cocky, but he isn't stupid.

Not to mention Hal isn't phased by Batman's usual brooding "criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" bit. Since it's against the very nature of the Green Lanterns.

No matter how much you dislike Hal Jordan, you have to admit, the only way Batman could win, is if he caught Hal completely off-guard.

Batman has the patience and planning to wait for that one moment he needs to take down Hal.

However, Hal also is a quick thinker and able to adapt about as quickly as Batman can when things don't go as planned.
Image
Senor Hugo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6350
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:35 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
I can agree with most of what you said but.....

Senor Hugo wrote:Well, those photos are kind of biased. Well at least the one of Batman decking Hal anyway.


I dont see how they were "biased" seeing as I only provided them to prove "Hal" can be punched.


Senor Hugo wrote:Hal knew that one was coming, considering he planted a nice left hook on Batman during rebirth, so that was a kind of freebie.


BS.

I've read that book over and over again and Hal did not see it coming.

If Hal saw it coming and allowed for it to happen his shields wouldnt have kicked in after the punch.

Image

Or after the "Head bump" in the Bat-mobile

Image
Senor Hugo wrote:Had Hal been expecting danger, the ring would have already had the shield up around him.


Exactly he was not expecting danger nor was he expecting a punch at that moment.

That punch was no "Freebie".

Senor Hugo wrote:Plus Hal was only air-force, he was trained in combat,


That was a bit confusing.

But as far as I know the "Combat" part of Hals past has been "retconed" out.


Senor Hugo wrote:So like Sto said, the only way Batman would win is if he caught Hal off guard. Which isn't often.


Batman caught him off guard twice in that same issue just minutes from each other if I remember correctly.

So I would say it happens "often enough".

Senor Hugo wrote:Hal may be cocky, but he isn't stupid.


Debatable......Hal has been a Drunk driver, a Bigot and a Pedophile in the past.......I call all of that "Stupid".

Senor Hugo wrote:Not to mention Hal isn't phased by Batman's usual brooding "criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" bit. Since it's against the very nature of the Green Lanterns.


This is very true.....Hal is not afraid of Bats.

Senor Hugo wrote:
Senor Hugo wrote:No matter how much you dislike Hal Jordan, you have to admit, the only way Batman could win, is if he caught Hal completely off-guard.

Batman has the patience and planning to wait for that one moment he needs to take down Hal.

However, Hal also is a quick thinker and able to adapt about as quickly as Batman can when things don't go as planned.


All true also....If this was a fight that was announced to both participants then Hal has a 70% chance of winning.

I say 70% because I'm sure Bats has a few tricks he could use to slow Hal down and "MAYBE" win.

But lets face it, this wouldnt be a fight that Hal would be expecting.No fight of this type ever is.

Hal doesnt have a plan in the waiting.

Batman would either just catch him "off guard" while pretending to work with him as he did before or Batman ,in disguise, would just walk up to him on the street and knock him out or punch him and slip off the ring.

Batman is a well trained "pick pocket".
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Inferno Prime » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:29 am

So you're saying Batman would win if hal didn't know they were fighting? Well sure, I could drop Mike Tyson if he didn't know we fighting and I got the drop on him.

You want batman to win so you stack all the odds in his favour. Place them 10ft from each other and have them fight, batman goes down in the first second/
Inferno Prime
Targetmaster
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:52 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:14 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Inferno Prime wrote:So you're saying Batman would win if hal didn't know they were fighting? Well sure, I could drop Mike Tyson if he didn't know we fighting and I got the drop on him.

You want batman to win so you stack all the odds in his favour.


Its got nothing to do with what I want....its about how the character has been written for the last 20 years or so.

And I dont agree with it....personally I think it cheapens the character.

But its how they write Batman.Batman is always 10 steps ahead.

Hal wouldnt see him coming.

If he has to fight an other hero or talk to them for what ever reason he shows up in their house at 3 a.m. or he just appears behind them and has the drop on them.

Inferno Prime wrote:Place them 10ft from each other and have them fight, batman goes down in the first second/


Now that I dont agree with.

Hal still wouldnt be wanting to kill Bats so he would not be going all out.And as I said Hal has a few weak points for Batman to exploit.

Batman is capable of ducking many of the slandered weapons Hal generates with his ring.

I could see this fight [under the criteria you set forth] lasting a good while.

But if Hal is awear of the situation he wins.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Inferno Prime » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:37 pm

I've seen Batman dropped with ease by numerous super beings of green lanterns level. Superman, Mongul, Zoom they've all shown Batman who's boss.

We've seen superman bust into the bat cave beat the crap out of him then fly off. Where was batmans plan there? Or during the three times Superman has beat him during Superman/batman.

Batman is capable of ducking many of the slandered weapons Hal generates with his ring.


You're being rediculous now. Green lantern beams can be faster than light when the user wants them to be. Hal's casually caught zoom in a construct, someone trillions of times faster than batman. He could assemble a model of arkham to trap batman in if he wanted.

He could make a scale replica of earth and teleport batman there.
Inferno Prime
Targetmaster
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:52 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Senor Hugo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Inferno Prime wrote:I've seen Batman dropped with ease by numerous super beings of green lanterns level. Superman, Mongul, Zoom they've all shown Batman who's boss.

We've seen superman bust into the bat cave beat the crap out of him then fly off. Where was batmans plan there? Or during the three times Superman has beat him during Superman/batman.

Batman is capable of ducking many of the slandered weapons Hal generates with his ring.


You're being rediculous now. Green lantern beams can be faster than light when the user wants them to be. Hal's casually caught zoom in a construct, someone trillions of times faster than batman. He could assemble a model of arkham to trap batman in if he wanted.

He could make a scale replica of earth and teleport batman there.


Um, last I checked, Hal, and any of the green lanterns lacked the power to teleport.

Also, yes Batman has been beaten before, but he always comes out on top.

There is a reason he's the World's Greatest Detective, and the World's Greatest Martial Artist.

While Superman has beaten Batman before, it's also true that Batman has beaten Superman before and on numerous occassions.

Batman is a man who has archives of data on every super-powered person on Earth and most likely the universe.

Batman is a man who has plans on how to stop, and even kill the superheroes who may go rogue.

He extensively plans things, he's usually more than 10 steps ahead, by the time things starts he usually has the game won.

Hal goes with the flow and acts on the fly.


Not to mention, Batman is a ninja, his stealth and mind are his greatest abilities. Batman wins fights because he plans them through.

Now, this is nobody being a fanboy because we want Batman to win. I'm a fan of Green Lantern, a huge fan. However I don't lend my fandom blind me to logic

Batman wins if he catches Hal of guard. And lets face it, after the whole Parallax bit, you don't think Batman wouldn't have a plan already in his head on how to deal with Hal, or any GL who goes rogue?
Image
Senor Hugo
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6350
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby God Thundercracker » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Motto: "I don't love being tough, I'm tough because I love."
Weapon: Acid Rays
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:I can agree with most of what you said but.....

Senor Hugo wrote:Well, those photos are kind of biased. Well at least the one of Batman decking Hal anyway.


I dont see how they were "biased" seeing as I only provided them to prove "Hal" can be punched.


Senor Hugo wrote:Hal knew that one was coming, considering he planted a nice left hook on Batman during rebirth, so that was a kind of freebie.


BS.

I've read that book over and over again and Hal did not see it coming.

If Hal saw it coming and allowed for it to happen his shields wouldnt have kicked in after the punch.

Image

Or after the "Head bump" in the Bat-mobile

Image
Senor Hugo wrote:Had Hal been expecting danger, the ring would have already had the shield up around him.


Exactly he was not expecting danger nor was he expecting a punch at that moment.

That punch was no "Freebie".

Senor Hugo wrote:Plus Hal was only air-force, he was trained in combat,


That was a bit confusing.

But as far as I know the "Combat" part of Hals past has been "retconed" out.


Senor Hugo wrote:So like Sto said, the only way Batman would win is if he caught Hal off guard. Which isn't often.


Batman caught him off guard twice in that same issue just minutes from each other if I remember correctly.

So I would say it happens "often enough".

Senor Hugo wrote:Hal may be cocky, but he isn't stupid.


Debatable......Hal has been a Drunk driver, a Bigot and a Pedophile in the past.......I call all of that "Stupid".

Senor Hugo wrote:Not to mention Hal isn't phased by Batman's usual brooding "criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot" bit. Since it's against the very nature of the Green Lanterns.


This is very true.....Hal is not afraid of Bats.

Senor Hugo wrote:
Senor Hugo wrote:No matter how much you dislike Hal Jordan, you have to admit, the only way Batman could win, is if he caught Hal completely off-guard.

Batman has the patience and planning to wait for that one moment he needs to take down Hal.

However, Hal also is a quick thinker and able to adapt about as quickly as Batman can when things don't go as planned.


All true also....If this was a fight that was announced to both participants then Hal has a 70% chance of winning.

I say 70% because I'm sure Bats has a few tricks he could use to slow Hal down and "MAYBE" win.

But lets face it, this wouldnt be a fight that Hal would be expecting.No fight of this type ever is.

Hal doesnt have a plan in the waiting.

Batman would either just catch him "off guard" while pretending to work with him as he did before or Batman ,in disguise, would just walk up to him on the street and knock him out or punch him and slip off the ring.

Batman is a well trained "pick pocket".


Hal isn't a pedophile, Batman is the pedophile. What do you think he was doing with all three Robins? No wonder Jason Todd is so messed up.
Image

Claiming Fox News has real journalists is like claiming Twilight has real vampires, it's just illogical.

Visit my facebook profile at http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
User avatar
God Thundercracker
Gestalt
Posts: 2001
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:28 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Inferno Prime wrote:I've seen Batman dropped with ease by numerous super beings of green lanterns level. Superman, Mongul, Zoom they've all shown Batman who's boss.


And whats your point?????

I never said Batman cant be taken off guard.

Inferno Prime wrote:
We've seen superman bust into the bat cave beat the crap out of him then fly off. Where was batmans plan there?


See above.

Your not making any points here.

Inferno Prime wrote: Or during the three times Superman has beat him during Superman/batman.


I only remember 2 and for the most part Superman was not in complete control of himself.

And as you can see in the most recently completed arc in Supman/Batman Bats has a hudge amount of kryptonite stashed under the cave......thats part of is plan.

Inferno Prime wrote:You're being rediculous now.


No you are and you'll see in a sec.....

Inferno Prime wrote: Green lantern beams can be faster than light when the user wants them to be.


Correct....they "CAN" be faster then light if they chose, and Hal doent always resort to useing his ring at those speeds.

Hence why I said "Batman is capable of ducking many of the standered weapons Hal generates with his ring."

"Many" not "all".

Batman has has avoided Darksides "Omega Beams" as well as attacks from the Sinestro corps.....whos attacks are as fast as a GL and were intended to be lethal.

If he can avoid them he can avoid Hals attacks for a while.

And as I said Hal has other weak points that Batman can and will exploit.

Inferno Prime wrote: Hal's casually caught zoom in a construct, someone trillions of times faster than batman. He could assemble a model of arkham to trap batman in if he wanted.

He could make a scale replica of earth and teleport batman there.


He can only do those things if he can find him.

Batman has proven he can hide his presence from just about anyone in the DC universe.

So again you have failed to prove a single point.

I never said Batman cant be beat or taken off guard.

I never said Batman "WOULD" win in a fight with Hal if Hal knew he was coming.

I did say Batman has a chance either way and if Hal does not know he's coming Bats takes Hal with one hit.

So far no one has posted a logical argument against that fact.

Senor Hugo wrote:Now, this is nobody being a fanboy because we want Batman to win. I'm a fan of Green Lantern, a huge fan. However I don't lend my fandom blind me to logic


Yes Logic is the key to the answer :grin:

Senor Hugo wrote:Batman wins if he catches Hal of guard. And lets face it, after the whole Parallax bit, you don't think Batman wouldn't have a plan already in his head on how to deal with Hal, or any GL who goes rogue?


There you have it. :grin:

God Thundercracker wrote:Hal isn't a pedophile, Batman is the pedophile. What do you think he was doing with all three Robins? No wonder Jason Todd is so messed up.


As much as I and others joke about that, Batman has never been known to touch any of his "Robins" in a sexual maner.

Hal, on the other hand, "IS" a confirmed pedophile.

They may have retconed it out of history but it still happened.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Inferno Prime » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:13 pm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Hal%20Jordan2/101bed38.jpg

here hal is telepoting the flash. Green Lanterns can do anything the belive they can.

Batman has has avoided Darksides "Omega Beams" as well as attacks from the Sinestro corps.....whos attacks are as fast as a GL and were intended to be lethal.


Mixing cannon here. Darkseid killed batman witLh Omega beams in rock of ages. When they fought during Superman/Batman darkseid never thought of using them because loeb was writing.

JLU is not canon.

I only remember 2 and for the most part Superman was not in complete control of himself.

And as you can see in the most recently completed arc in Supman/Batman Bats has a hudge amount of kryptonite stashed under the cave......thats part of is plan.


Public Enemies: a future Superman turns up and owns batman and has a slight upperhand against Superman.

Absolute Power: Batman possesed by Krytonite man. Superman drops him using preasure point strikes

The Enemies Among Us: After kryptonite fails to stop a mind controlled superman he infects himself with the black rock which snaps superman out of his trance. Superman proceeds to beat up the enhanced Batman

Torment: Another mind control driven ass beating.
And as you can see in the most recently completed arc in Supman/Batman Bats has a hudge amount of kryptonite stashed under the cave......thats part of is plan.


Lets hope it works better than that building sized spaceship made of Kryptonite lex used on superman two years back. Or a kryptonite enhanced doomsday.


Batman can beat hal if he gets him by suprise with lots of planning, but not in a fair fight.
Inferno Prime
Targetmaster
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:52 am

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby Psycho Warrior » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:18 pm

Motto: "Treachery keeps everyone on their toes."
Weapon: Corrosive Slime Shooter
Hal. If bats is fighting GL in a sudden unplanned fight Hal could easily take him down. It's not a matter of intelligence, it's a matter of willpower and light given form. In a straight fight Hal could just use his ring to capture Batman and then fling him into the sun but in the comics he wouldn't because that would get him in trouble with the guardians for sure. (how I don't know, I know because it sounds like a plot device DC would use.)

And as for those pictures posted above, Hal never had his shields up and wasn't expecting to fight so those are actually all cheap first shots.
Image
The Happy Locust wrote:Effort is not power, knowledge is not power, even money is not power. True power is not caring that you f*ck up all the time.
User avatar
Psycho Warrior
God Of Transformers
Posts: 36793
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:54 pm
Location: Antarctica, enjoying summer.
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 2
Courage: 5
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Batman vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Inferno Prime wrote:
Mixing cannon here. Darkseid killed batman witLh Omega beams in rock of ages. When they fought during Superman/Batman darkseid never thought of using them because loeb was writing.

JLU is not canon.


I'm not mixing cannon.

What I'm talking about happened back in the mid 90's in the comics not in the cartoon.

But admittedly I cant remember which comic or story arc so I'm not going to make a big debate over it.

Inferno Prime wrote:Public Enemies: a future Superman turns up and owns batman and has a slight upperhand against Superman.

Absolute Power: Batman possesed by Krytonite man. Superman drops him using preasure point strikes

The Enemies Among Us: After kryptonite fails to stop a mind controlled superman he infects himself with the black rock which snaps superman out of his trance. Superman proceeds to beat up the enhanced Batman

Torment: Another mind control driven ass beating.


thanks for the reminder....for the record it was the 2nd one that I forgot.

But none of that changes anything I've said.In each of those occasions Batman or Superman were either not in complelte control of them selfs or one were caught off guard.

I never said Batman "CANT" be beat.Just that given foreknowledge of an impending fight Batman would implement one of his plans to stop whomever he's fighting.

Inferno Prime wrote:Lets hope it works better than that building sized spaceship made of Kryptonite lex used on superman two years back. Or a kryptonite enhanced doomsday.


I'm sure it would be.

Inferno Prime wrote:Batman can beat hal if he gets him by suprise with lots of planning, but not in a fair fight.


I say in a fair fight he has a 30% chance...mostly due to the fact that he would exploit any mistakes Hal "might" make.

Psycho Warrior wrote:And as for those pictures posted above, Hal never had his shields up and wasn't expecting to fight so those are actually all cheap first shots.


Thank you you just proved my point :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

Batman is not above useing cheap shots and if Hal's shields arent always up he's done for.

Batmans a "dirty fighter:...he's willing to make it look like he's put your loved ones in danger.

He's willing to hit you below the belt.

He's willing to act like he's giving you a had shake but instead break your arm.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6873
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Next

Return to Fantasy Battles

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014