Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Rodimus Prime » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:16 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
ComingSoon wrote: Michael Bay Says Transformers 4 is a "Chase From Hell"
Source: Silas Lesnick
April 13, 2013

ComingSoon.net was in Miami today at the press junket for Michael Bay's latest, Pain & Gain and, while we'll be bringing you exclusive video interviews with Bay and the cast later this month, we also managed a brief update on the soon-to-shoot Transformers 4.

Since the plot of the June 27 release is still top secret, we asked Bay if there was a simple word or phrase that he could use to tease the sci-fi action adventure.

"Chase from Hell," he grinned, happy to oblige.

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz (with more names expected to be announced soon), the fourth adventure in the franchise features a script by Ehren Kruger.

Check back for more updates on Transformers 4 and catch Bay's Pain & Gain in theaters April 26.


Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102887
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15509
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:46 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
"Chase from Hell", heh? :-?

ALL MY MONEY FOR STARSCREAM'S RETURN AS A GHOST!!! :BOWDOWN:
WHO IS MOTHER?
Image
Click HERE to find out!

My other customs:
TRASH TALK and HOT AIR!
Also, see the Seeker Brothers, APETIMUS SUPREME, PYROFLASH, and RUSTBUCKET.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2580
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby El Duque » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We have a tiny tidbit of Transformers 4 news from the man himself, director Michael Bay. Coming Soon was in Miami to cover the press junket for Bay's soon to be released film Pain & Gain, and asked if he could give any details on 2014's Transformers 4. While remaining tight lipped it seems he plans to top the freeway chase scene in Transformers: Dark of the Moon with a "Chase from Hell" in the next film.
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby DEMEXICONZ » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:52 am

Motto: "I AM... MEGATRON... YOU ****!!!"
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
I loved that scene in dark of the moon and also the one in the first movie where bonecrusher goes thru a bus i got does scenes stiched together i never get tired of watching it and if he says hes gonna top that than i cant wait to see wat he has up hes sleeve :DANCE:
User avatar
DEMEXICONZ
Micromaster
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:34 am
Buy from DEMEXICONZ on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby griftimus prime » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:53 pm

Motto: "you will have no freedom. whether you are sentient or not."
Weapon: 16 Cannons
wake me when the toys get here
User avatar
griftimus prime
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 am
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby noctorro » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Be honest people, that scene was freaking awesome

I hope Mr. Bay sticks with the increase of quality from ROTF to DOTM.
User avatar
noctorro
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 520
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:45 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Capt.Failure » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Maybe we'll see bots who have multiple altmodes? A car chase that can quickly turn into a dogfight between fighter jets and back again would be awesome and Bay's the only director insane enough to do it. :michaelbay:
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
As one who is pretty known around here for disliking the movies, the car chase scene in DOTM was very nice, leading all the way up to the fight between Sideswipe, Ironhide and the cons. Needed more of that all throughout the entire movie. Let it be known that Bay-Haters aren't blind, but willing to accept the good parts.

Chase from Hell sounds like a big demon character chasing you, with demons along the way trying to get in your way. Perhaps a :CON: leader and the minions chasing down an autubot, and killing other autobots along the way. In my mind, the standard is set.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Yeah, the freeway chase from DOTM and the first film were both great. Hopefully this one will be much longer, akin to the chase in Matrix Reloaded.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 765
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby guarayakha » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 am

The only way to make a crazier car chase scene is, IMO:
  • Faster
  • Longer
  • Nightime
  • Multiple mid-chase transformations for evasions/attacks
  • Jets
  • Windy roads
  • No mechtech burger-flip BS- at 2m49s
  • No screaming drivers
guarayakha
Vehicon
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Va'al » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
I only hope they upgrade their safety policies and procedures: wouldn't want another accident to happen to extras/stunts.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6728
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:08 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Speaking of car chases, my biggest disapointment in DotM is that there were
no :michaelbay: TRUCK DUEL :michaelbay:
between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Come on, the potencial was there! Even if the reason would be to chase a McGuffin. Instead, we got more human slapsticks.

Sigh...
WHO IS MOTHER?
Image
Click HERE to find out!

My other customs:
TRASH TALK and HOT AIR!
Also, see the Seeker Brothers, APETIMUS SUPREME, PYROFLASH, and RUSTBUCKET.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Gestalt
Posts: 2580
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:46 am

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
-Kanrabat- wrote:Speaking of car chases, my biggest disapointment in DotM is that there were
no :michaelbay: TRUCK DUEL :michaelbay:
between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Come on, the potencial was there! Even if the reason would be to chase a McGuffin. Instead, we got more human slapsticks.

Sigh...


I'd have settled for a robot duel that didn't end in 10 seconds like the end of the movie. The first movie had a much better fight, with Megatron forming his cannon dealy.

@guarayakha you don't like the "burger-flip" jump? It reminded me of WFC, so I liked it.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby guarayakha » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 am

MINDVVIPE wrote:
@guarayakha you don't like the "burger-flip" jump? It reminded me of WFC, so I liked it.


I dunno, they just looked weird in that angle, almost toylike. Would've probably be better if Bay didn't abuse the slow motion there, perhaps?
guarayakha
Vehicon
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:24 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Speaking of car chases, my biggest disapointment in DotM is that there were
no :michaelbay: TRUCK DUEL :michaelbay:
between Optimus Prime and Megatron.

Come on, the potencial was there! Even if the reason would be to chase a McGuffin. Instead, we got more human slapsticks.

Sigh...


I'd have settled for a robot duel that didn't end in 10 seconds like the end of the movie. The first movie had a much better fight, with Megatron forming his cannon dealy.

@guarayakha you don't like the "burger-flip" jump? It reminded me of WFC, so I liked it.


Did you even watch Dark of the Moon? Optimus and Sentinel threw down for a good long time before the fight ended. Now if you were describing RotF's ending (which I'm sure you are) then yeah, that was a disappointment.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
Sentinel, not Megatron. The fight with Sentinel was fine, but when Megatron showed up, it was over. I care more about a Character that they've been using for three straight movies than a newcomer I essentially just met. I wanted to see the 2 age old foes settle things with an oomph, rather than, well, we just used up our CGI budget with Sentinel, so Megatron and prime get nothing. I know we've seen them fight faaairly decently before, but if it was the fight to finally settle things, its completely lame to have it end in seconds.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:38 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:Sentinel, not Megatron. The fight with Sentinel was fine, but when Megatron showed up, it was over. I care more about a Character that they've been using for three straight movies than a newcomer I essentially just met. I wanted to see the 2 age old foes settle things with an oomph, rather than, well, we just used up our CGI budget with Sentinel, so Megatron and prime get nothing. I know we've seen them fight faaairly decently before, but if it was the fight to finally settle things, its completely lame to have it end in seconds.


The fact Megatron was essentially missing half his face and was all kinds of severely wounded still had more to do with it than shoddy writing. A fight between the two at that point would have been pretty much exactly what you got when Prime killed Megatron. It would be like me beating up a boxer while he's in the hospital after a severe car accident. All the strength in the world doesn't mean crap when you're body just won't work.

And sorry, but if you didn't think Optimus vs Sentinel was a great fight then you're looney. It was far better built up to than either fight from the previous films.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby MINDVVIPE » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Motto: "One look from me and you've lost"
Weapon: Black Magic
That analogy would work if you were lying on the ground a strike away from death with a missing arm. Did we forget how effed up prime was when Megatron rolled in to save the day?
These aren't humans we're talking about, as far as we know they could be cats with 9 lives. But the fact is, Megatron came in, took out the tougher foe, and was armed with a gun. It naturally appeared to me, without having to remember Megatron's condition, that prime was almost dead, if not at least on equal footing after the bout with Sentinel. But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.
Image
THE POWERS OF DARKNESS ARE A MORE POWERFUL WEAPON THAN ALL THE TOYS YOUR SCIENCE CAN MUSTER

Die, Autobots!
User avatar
MINDVVIPE
Gestalt
Posts: 2279
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:49 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Capt.Failure » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:09 pm

MINDVVIPE wrote:That analogy would work if you were lying on the ground a strike away from death with a missing arm. Did we forget how effed up prime was when Megatron rolled in to save the day?
These aren't humans we're talking about, as far as we know they could be cats with 9 lives. But the fact is, Megatron came in, took out the tougher foe, and was armed with a gun. It naturally appeared to me, without having to remember Megatron's condition, that prime was almost dead, if not at least on equal footing after the bout with Sentinel. But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 am

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)


Get your head out of your ass.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15509
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:49 am

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)


Get your head out of your ass.


And show respect to someone who has shown me zero respect since the moment I met them here for such a trite thing as enjoying the films, who's usual level of discourse is, "You like the films so shut up!"

I think not. :D
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby Burn » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:55 pm

Rodimus Prime wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:
MINDVVIPE wrote: But whatever you wanna think man, you completely ignored the fact that I said the fight with sentinel was decent, so whatever you want to hear/think. I'm not arguing with you on another thread.


Yeah it's hard to argue with me when you're wrong all the time. 8)


Get your head out of your ass.


This may be the movie forum where people THINK they can disregard the rules and say whatever the hell they want, but that's not the case. Your post is out of line and contributes even less to the original topic of this thread then the rest of the discussion going on.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38388
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Bay says TF4 is "Chase from Hell."

Postby flyingKnuckleduster » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 am

Capt.Failure wrote:Maybe we'll see bots who have multiple altmodes? A car chase that can quickly turn into a dogfight between fighter jets and back again would be awesome and Bay's the only director insane enough to do it. :michaelbay:


Triple changers would be good. It would make a very complex battle sequence which would never have been done in cinema. However I've heard these promises before...don't think your fooling me Bay 4th time round hehe. :lol:
flyingKnuckleduster


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014