Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:40 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
That series is great! Come on Stampy! Man there are some horrible fan dubs out there...
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:41 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
GetRightRobot wrote:That series is great! Come on Stampy! Man there are some horrible fan dubs out there...
Stampy's from Beast Wars Neo. :-B Oops. :oops:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:03 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:That series is great! Come on Stampy! Man there are some horrible fan dubs out there...
Stampy's from Beast Wars Neo. :-B Oops. :oops:


Awh man thats right, wrong Prime too....

Sabreblade: keeping the internet honest! :lol:
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:05 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:That series is great! Come on Stampy! Man there are some horrible fan dubs out there...
Stampy's from Beast Wars Neo. :-B Oops. :oops:


BWII had characters based on 2nd year pre-Transmetal toys, plus G1/G2 repaints, plus some retools. That's the difference with Neo that had all new molds all the way.

And I surely hope an experienced studio takes up this series and either dubs it (with good vioces) or subs it. We really need to fill the gap between Beast Wars S1 and S2/3.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14590
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:That series is great! Come on Stampy! Man there are some horrible fan dubs out there...
Stampy's from Beast Wars Neo. :-B Oops. :oops:


BWII had characters based on 2nd year pre-Transmetal toys, plus G1/G2 repaints, plus some retools. That's the difference with Neo that had all new molds all the way.
Save for Randy, Rockbuster, Sharp Edge, Bump, Survive, Hydra, and Crazybolt, that is. ;)

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I surely hope an experienced studio takes up this series and either dubs it (with good vioces) or subs it.
Since they didn't redub the JG1 series, I'd say a subbed release will be our best bet.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We really need to fill the gap between Beast Wars S1 and S2/3.
BWII and Neo don't occur between seasons 1 and 2/3 (even though it aired during then). It takes place "tens of thousands of years" after Beast Wars Returns (Beast Machines).
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby BeastProwl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:54 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Hey wait a minute... I have that guy on the right! That galvatron... any estimate as to what it's truly worth? It's missing 1 missile, thats all.


the Korean reissue goes for about 50 bucks, the Japanese release probably goes for more, though I was lucky enough to get it for 35 bucks. ;)

Picked him up for $10.00 USD At a collectables shop.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6077
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby GetRightRobot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
BeastProwl wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Hey wait a minute... I have that guy on the right! That galvatron... any estimate as to what it's truly worth? It's missing 1 missile, thats all.


the Korean reissue goes for about 50 bucks, the Japanese release probably goes for more, though I was lucky enough to get it for 35 bucks. ;)

Picked him up for $10.00 USD At a collectables shop.


Yard sale sniped him! found a guy who collected dragons and was selling a shelf of dragon Transformers. Got an RID Megatron, a Cryoscourge and the above mentioned Galvatron for $12.00! Haha!
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:That series is great! Come on Stampy! Man there are some horrible fan dubs out there...
Stampy's from Beast Wars Neo. :-B Oops. :oops:


BWII had characters based on 2nd year pre-Transmetal toys, plus G1/G2 repaints, plus some retools. That's the difference with Neo that had all new molds all the way.
Save for Randy, Rockbuster, Sharp Edge, Bump, Survive, Hydra, and Crazybolt, that is. ;)


Still, the majority is new, and I own half of them. On the hunt for Survive, Bump and Crazybolt are a bonus, but Randy is a GPS-hazard if I ever saw one.

Again, Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:And I surely hope an experienced studio takes up this series and either dubs it (with good vioces) or subs it.
Since they didn't redub the JG1 series, I'd say a subbed release will be our best bet.


One can dream... Just keep the Japanese names and I'm happy.

Everlasting Know-it-all, Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:We really need to fill the gap between Beast Wars S1 and S2/3.
BWII and Neo don't occur between seasons 1 and 2/3 (even though it aired during then). It takes place "tens of thousands of years" after Beast Wars Returns (Beast Machines).


I know, that's what I was referring to! Still, i'm gonna argue that Beast Machines is a splinter timeline thanks to Megatron's handiwork.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14590
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Still, the majority is new, and I own half of them. On the hunt for Survive, Bump and Crazybolt are a bonus, but Randy is a GPS-hazard if I ever saw one.
They should rerelease every GPS/BPS figure with gold/brown paint instead of plastic.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:One can dream... Just keep the Japanese names and I'm happy.
Indeed! If they were to be dubbed, I'd want the Ocean Studios voice cast to provide the voices, so as to keep the entire Beast Era consistently voiced by that group. Though, I would really like for Garry Chalk to not voice either Lio Convoy or Big Convoy, as well as for David Kaye to not voice either Galvatron or Magmatron. That's a cliche I'd like to avoid, and (in Garry Chalk's case) it would kinda be redundant when Optimus Primal appears alongside Lio Convoy in "Lio Convoy Kiki Ippatsu".

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I know, that's what I was referring to! Still, i'm gonna argue that Beast Machines is a splinter timeline thanks to Megatron's handiwork.
Well, if these two shows are any indication, the whole of Beast Machines changing Cybertron gets undone at some point. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Still, the majority is new, and I own half of them. On the hunt for Survive, Bump and Crazybolt are a bonus, but Randy is a GPS-hazard if I ever saw one.
They should rerelease every GPS/BPS figure with gold/brown paint instead of plastic.


Which is what I plan with Randy. Get a spare Razorbeast and have him repainted.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14590
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Still, the majority is new, and I own half of them. On the hunt for Survive, Bump and Crazybolt are a bonus, but Randy is a GPS-hazard if I ever saw one.
They should rerelease every GPS/BPS figure with gold/brown paint instead of plastic.


Which is what I plan with Randy. Get a spare Razorbeast and have him repainted.
Cool! I'll look forward to seeing the final results. :D
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby mysterybutt » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Rated X wrote:Great, more subtitles. You cant keep up.


That's a real shame. You can get a lot more from the original audio of foreign media (though in the case of Children's anime, maybe not so much. Depends on how keen you are for it/the quality of it). You can train yourself to appreciate it, though I don't find it hard because i grew up around some subtitled media. Who knows.

These are from 1998. There's no chance for a Blu-Ray release of this, nor even for G1. The only Transformers series that could possibly be put on Blu-Ray are Animated and Prime.


If they have the original film masters they can be remastered to an appropriate standard. The Transformers masters are missing, so there isn't a huge point. There are advantages to many titles, even pre-digital ones, that aren't just produced in HD.
mysterybutt
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:41 am

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
mysterybutt wrote:
Rated X wrote:Great, more subtitles. You cant keep up.


That's a real shame. You can get a lot more from the original audio of foreign media (though in the case of Children's anime, maybe not so much. Depends on how keen you are for it/the quality of it). You can train yourself to appreciate it, though I don't find it hard because i grew up around some subtitled media. Who knows.
The only anime I watch are children's/preteen's anime, and I get a lot out of them.

Though, yes, watching with subs isn't that hard a skill to master.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:50 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
mysterybutt wrote:
Rated X wrote:Great, more subtitles. You cant keep up.


That's a real shame. You can get a lot more from the original audio of foreign media (though in the case of Children's anime, maybe not so much. Depends on how keen you are for it/the quality of it). You can train yourself to appreciate it, though I don't find it hard because i grew up around some subtitled media. Who knows.
The only anime I watch are children's/preteen's anime, and I get a lot out of them.

Though, yes, watching with subs isn't that hard a skill to master.


We in the Netherlands do nothing but, everything foreign on TV (even Flemish!) is subtitled, except for children's shows and cartoons. May I add that our dubbing is lame with a capital L, especially when the shows dubbed are live-action?
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14590
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby michael alex kawa » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
@Sabrblade
michael alex kawa wrote:All i can say that have not been said (kind of :P ) is that i want these out on DVD maybe just maybe Shout! can look in to it .I have seen some of them on YouTube but that is not enough for me =P~ .So i will make a prayer for it like every one else :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :WHISTLE: :PRAY: .By the way that bunny girl is real cute ,from the series that is why i want it so much. 8-} :-$
Bunny girl? I know of a bunny, and a girl, but what bunny girl? :???:

I was talking about Artemis of course ,but i do see your point .I have always seen her like a futuristic anime "bunny girl " cause of her hair and the way her outfit in done around the belly =P~ area .Also since she hangs out with Moon .Her nose is a little bunny like too so i always saw her this way .But i can see why other would see her different . ;) .I am sorry about the confusion :KREMZEEK: . I should of used her name ,just thought "bunny girl " sounded funny :P .
TILL ALL ARE CUTE
Image
User avatar
michael alex kawa
Fuzor
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 am
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Watch michael alex kawa on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:All i can say that have not been said (kind of :P ) is that i want these out on DVD maybe just maybe Shout! can look in to it .I have seen some of them on YouTube but that is not enough for me =P~ .So i will make a prayer for it like every one else :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :WHISTLE: :PRAY: .By the way that bunny girl is real cute ,from the series that is why i want it so much. 8-} :-$
Bunny girl? I know of a bunny, and a girl, but what bunny girl? :???:


I was talking about Artemis of course ,but i do see your point .I have always seen her like a futuristic anime "bunny girl " cause of her hair and the way her outfit in done around the belly =P~ area .Also since she hangs out with Moon .Her nose is a little bunny like too so i always saw her this way .But i can see why other would see her different . ;) .I am sorry about the confusion :KREMZEEK: . I should of used her name ,just thought "bunny girl " sounded funny :P .
Oh, right. Her.

I guess I can see some rabbit influence in her design. Wonder if her look was inspired in any way by Usagi Tsukino. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:All i can say that have not been said (kind of :P ) is that i want these out on DVD maybe just maybe Shout! can look in to it .I have seen some of them on YouTube but that is not enough for me =P~ .So i will make a prayer for it like every one else :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :WHISTLE: :PRAY: .By the way that bunny girl is real cute ,from the series that is why i want it so much. 8-} :-$
Bunny girl? I know of a bunny, and a girl, but what bunny girl? :???:


I was talking about Artemis of course ,but i do see your point .I have always seen her like a futuristic anime "bunny girl " cause of her hair and the way her outfit in done around the belly =P~ area .Also since she hangs out with Moon .Her nose is a little bunny like too so i always saw her this way .But i can see why other would see her different . ;) .I am sorry about the confusion :KREMZEEK: . I should of used her name ,just thought "bunny girl " sounded funny :P .
Oh, right. Her.

I guess I can see some rabbit influence in her design. Wonder if her look was inspired in any way by Usagi Tsukino. ;)


They both share inspiration at least: a Japanese myth about a rabbit living on the moon with a maiden. This motif is very common in Japanese media, along with the 4 Guardian Beasts (Dragon, Bird, Tiger and Turtle), and Tanabata, the story about the weaver girl and the shepherd. Here's a page you should visit:

Moon Rabbit on Wikipedia
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

"If you try to please everyone, nobody will like it" - a very wise guy.

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD Landfill (Heavy Load acquired)
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14590
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:All i can say that have not been said (kind of :P ) is that i want these out on DVD maybe just maybe Shout! can look in to it .I have seen some of them on YouTube but that is not enough for me =P~ .So i will make a prayer for it like every one else :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :WHISTLE: :PRAY: .By the way that bunny girl is real cute ,from the series that is why i want it so much. 8-} :-$
Bunny girl? I know of a bunny, and a girl, but what bunny girl? :???:


I was talking about Artemis of course ,but i do see your point .I have always seen her like a futuristic anime "bunny girl " cause of her hair and the way her outfit in done around the belly =P~ area .Also since she hangs out with Moon .Her nose is a little bunny like too so i always saw her this way .But i can see why other would see her different . ;) .I am sorry about the confusion :KREMZEEK: . I should of used her name ,just thought "bunny girl " sounded funny :P .
Oh, right. Her.

I guess I can see some rabbit influence in her design. Wonder if her look was inspired in any way by Usagi Tsukino. ;)


They both share inspiration at least: a Japanese myth about a rabbit living on the moon with a maiden. This motif is very common in Japanese media, along with the 4 Guardian Beasts (Dragon, Bird, Tiger and Turtle), and Tanabata, the story about the weaver girl and the shepherd. Here's a page you should visit:

Moon Rabbit on Wikipedia
Been there done that. :P

Though, now you got me thinking why they've never done the four beasts in TF media before. Have four powerful ancient bots with dragon, tortoise, tiger and phoenix beast modes.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby michael alex kawa » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:33 am

Motto: "I am the most dangerous!"
Weapon: Blue Bolt
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
michael alex kawa wrote:All i can say that have not been said (kind of :P ) is that i want these out on DVD maybe just maybe Shout! can look in to it .I have seen some of them on YouTube but that is not enough for me =P~ .So i will make a prayer for it like every one else :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :WHISTLE: :PRAY: .By the way that bunny girl is real cute ,from the series that is why i want it so much. 8-} :-$
Bunny girl? I know of a bunny, and a girl, but what bunny girl? :???:


I was talking about Artemis of course ,but i do see your point .I have always seen her like a futuristic anime "bunny girl " cause of her hair and the way her outfit in done around the belly =P~ area .Also since she hangs out with Moon .Her nose is a little bunny like too so i always saw her this way .But i can see why other would see her different . ;) .I am sorry about the confusion :KREMZEEK: . I should of used her name ,just thought "bunny girl " sounded funny :P .
Oh, right. Her.

I guess I can see some rabbit influence in her design. Wonder if her look was inspired in any way by Usagi Tsukino. ;)

Considering i like both her and Sailor Moon ,i say yes . 8-}
TILL ALL ARE CUTE
Image
User avatar
michael alex kawa
Fuzor
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:54 am
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Watch michael alex kawa on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby El Duque » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:15 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Nico Nico Chokuhan have posted a mock up of the package art for the upcoming Beast Wars II DVD Boxset. This will be the first time this series has ever made available on DVD format. The set will include all 43 episodes that aired 1998 on 8 discs and is scheduled for release October 20th for 29,400 yen. They note the final packaging is subject to change.


Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Seibertron » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Motto: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest ... is silence."
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Man I have never understood why DVDs are so expensive in Japan. Even if the Yen and the dollar were the same value right now, this set would cost $294. With the current exchange rate, it's around $385 currently. At a one-to-one rate, that'd still be about $264 more than the $30 this should cost. Hopefully Shout Factory will release this in the future. I've got my fingers crossed!
Image

Current Want List: Beast Wars Returns Strika, Sixknight (stickers or replacement), Browning, Dai Atlas, Guard City, Battle Gaia, Marlboro Wheeljack, and more!
User avatar
Seibertron
Site Owner
Posts: 23354
News Credits: 752
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 5:17 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10+
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:48 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
El Duque wrote:Nico Nico Chokuhan have posted a mock up of the package art for the upcoming Beast Wars II DVD Boxset. This will be the first time this series has ever made available on DVD format. The set will include all 43 episodes that aired 1998 on 8 discs and is scheduled for release October 20th for 29,400 yen. They note the final packaging is subject to change.


Image

Image
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Oh, SNAP! That artwork is GORGEOUS!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :DANCE: DANCE: DANCE: DANCE: :DANCE:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16940
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby triKlops » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 am

Motto: "I’m the rising sun, I’m the new tomorrow, I’m the skull on the gun, I’m the song of sorrow; I’m the thirteenth arrow, I’m the wisest owl, I’m a soul-eating predator, I’m on the prowl"
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Seibertron wrote:Man I have never understood why DVDs are so expensive in Japan. Even if the Yen and the dollar were the same value right now, this set would cost $294. With the current exchange rate, it's around $385 currently. At a one-to-one rate, that'd still be about $264 more than the $30 this should cost. Hopefully Shout Factory will release this in the future. I've got my fingers crossed!


I second the hope for shout factory to release this.
i thought my exchange rate was a little high until i read this post.
talk about costing an arm and a leg.
Image
User avatar
triKlops
Headmaster
Posts: 1018
News Credits: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 am
Location: Rhode Eye Land

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby cannonfodder4000 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:42 am

Motto: "Dey are fools! and dey will dai, like foods!"
Weapon: Right Laser
El Duque wrote:Image

That's weird, why put Megastorm there instead of Galvatron? :???:

And ersonally, I would have probably liked the art more had they gotten this guy to do it:

Image
Just look at that! :HALUC:
Image

Looking for:
Actionmaster Prime's Armored Convoy, just the cab and trailer with it's smokestacks, add in anything else if you want <=D.
ROTF Skystalker's right wing piece (Left axe)and Star Convoy(Encore).
User avatar
cannonfodder4000
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 924
News Credits: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:30 am
Location: Qatar
Watch cannonfodder4000 on YouTube
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 1
Endurance: 2
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: Beast Wars II DVD Preorder Listed on Rakuten

Postby Rated X » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:58 am

Motto: ""Assumption is the mother of all screw ups.""
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
These guys in Japan can come up with designs for complex transforming robot toys but cant come up with a cast of english speakers to do voice overs. No disrespect to the Japanese, but cmon we gave you micheal Bays movies with voice overs...HOOK US UP !!!
Image

Check out my Customs:

Classics Pounce and Wingspan
classics-pounce-and-wingspan-t95811.php

Generations Twincast
generations-twincast-t94088.php

Collection photos will be updated soon at this link :
http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/rated-x-s-collection-t55699.php
User avatar
Rated X
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:25 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Next

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum