Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Bernie Mac on Transformers

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby The Mad Asshatter » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:11 am

Leonardo wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
PrimulArchangel wrote:
kary wrote:Thanks Bernie, now I'll throw you a bucket of KFC.

WTF?? you should be baned for making such a racist comment.


Yeah, that was pretty racist. :?


Could someone explain this to me, please? I don't see why it was racist, largely because I don't get the joke. What's KFC got to do with either racism or Bernie Mac?


KFC has nothing to do with Bernie Mac.

It's racist because "kary" is implying that because Bernie is of African American decent, his favorite food must automatically be KFC.

It's a stereotypical misconception that most African Americans love KFC and other fried fatty foods. "Kary"'s comment was intentionally inflamatory and in no way contributed to any sort of intelligent discussion.
Image
The Mad Asshatter
Gestalt
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:44 pm

Postby skywarp-2 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:51 am

Shadow12 wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
PrimulArchangel wrote:
kary wrote:Thanks Bernie, now I'll throw you a bucket of KFC.

WTF?? you should be baned for making such a racist comment.


Yeah, that was pretty racist. :?


Could someone explain this to me, please? I don't see why it was racist, largely because I don't get the joke. What's KFC got to do with either racism or Bernie Mac?


KFC has nothing to do with Bernie Mac.

It's racist because "kary" is implying that because Bernie is of African American decent, his favorite food must automatically be KFC.

It's a stereotypical misconception that most African Americans love KFC and other fried fatty foods. "Kary"'s comment was intentionally inflamatory and in no way contributed to any sort of intelligent discussion.



Actually to be really racist, KFC is not the African American choice... Now if he would have said throw him a bucket of Churches Chicken, or Popeyes then i could see it.. but not KFC..

Plus I own this shirt, and all my African American friends laugh every time they see it..

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product ... ductid=748


I think White people get overly concerned about their comments being racist versus what ethnic people will actually consider racist..

besides most of the racism i have encountered was ethnic on White..and not Vice Versa..

And if you think about it..white people in America are not the majority, from mexico downward its almost totally hispanic, Latino, or whatever..

the US is now only 50% white or caucasian, the rest 50% ethnic, and Canada is 90% white the rest 10% ethnic.. so down south has us beat by a long shot..

Throwing a bucket of KFC is not racist because Bernie Mac has stated serveral Hundred times in interviews and in his stand up comedy that he loves KFC..


Besides I'm italian, we ruled the known world for over a thousand years as Romans,we don't descriminate, we hate all races equally.. smile... :grin:
Image
"You Waste More energy with your mouth."
Check out My Deviant Art Page:
http://skywarp-2.deviantart.com/
Check out my new Custom Transformers G-1 CCG! Updated! 07/21/2009!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56030
In the interests of keeping it clean, I will now only curse at you in Morse code: ..-. ..- -.-. -.- -.-- --- ..- that means "F-you!"
User avatar
skywarp-2
Faction Commander
Posts: 4198
News Credits: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:57 am

Postby Calenatarion » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Come on guys, keep on topic.

Kary probably didn't mean it that way. If so, he knows he should watch his words.
Calenatarion
News Staff
Posts: 4690
News Credits: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:26 am

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014