Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Found these while snooping around, thought Id'e share

Image
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6064
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby Burn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:15 pm

White cabin area would have really saved this figure.

Instead, he's just way too much blue. Look at Animated and how the grey helped break up the figure. Is this the latest cost cutting measure? Reducing colours now?
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38108
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby BeastProwl » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Burn wrote:White cabin area would have really saved this figure.

Instead, he's just way too much blue. Look at Animated and how the grey helped break up the figure. Is this the latest cost cutting measure? Reducing colours now?

I dont see how that could be it, because they could have easely made the cab grey or white plastic. I think that's just the look they wanted.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6064
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby REMINATOR » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Weapon: Road Blade
Actually, if the Voyager Magnus got the same amount of paint application like his teeny tiny counterpart Cyberverse version, we wouldn't even talk about it. His boxart and stock photos look great with those paints on, somehow it didn't translate into the finish product. He's missing a huge gray paint at the abdomen, smokestack, and at the edge of the truck. Also, a gray paint at the mirror would've helped also.
MP-22 Ultra Magnus: Autobot City Commander
You know you want it..........Dec. 2014
Image
User avatar
REMINATOR
Gestalt
Posts: 2428
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:41 pm

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby Burn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:11 pm

BeastProwl wrote:
Burn wrote:White cabin area would have really saved this figure.

Instead, he's just way too much blue. Look at Animated and how the grey helped break up the figure. Is this the latest cost cutting measure? Reducing colours now?

I dont see how that could be it, because they could have easely made the cab grey or white plastic. I think that's just the look they wanted.


Then go and digibash it and prove me wrong. I know you love doing that.
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!

Did I win the bet? Vote now!
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38108
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby Justanormalguy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Motto: "When it comes to war... or anything, always be yourself, no matter what."
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Very cool, but a little white here and there could help.
Image
When Megatron..
User avatar
Justanormalguy
Minibot
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm
Location: Autobot city
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: ???

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
Looks pretty sweet to me. I actually like his weapon in both modes too. Can't wait to not being able to find another Prime figure in stores. Oh wait...
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6530
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby GuyIncognito » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:19 am

Burn wrote:White cabin area would have really saved this figure.

Instead, he's just way too much blue. Look at Animated and how the grey helped break up the figure. Is this the latest cost cutting measure? Reducing colours now?


I don't see how it could be a cost-cutting measure. They're already using gray plastic elsewhere in the figure, so it wouldn't have cost any more to use more gray and less blue. Maybe it was just a design choice. I think it looks good.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4599
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby BeastProwl » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 am

Motto: "Planet Exploder"
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Burn wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Burn wrote:White cabin area would have really saved this figure.

Instead, he's just way too much blue. Look at Animated and how the grey helped break up the figure. Is this the latest cost cutting measure? Reducing colours now?

I dont see how that could be it, because they could have easely made the cab grey or white plastic. I think that's just the look they wanted.


Then go and digibash it and prove me wrong. I know you love doing that.

It's nice that you think of my digibashing, thank you.
But that's not what I meant. The box art and the original Cyberverse figure were painted the same way.

You are right though, a bit of white or grey would be nice. It just seems like hasbro is cutting corners every chance they get.

Here's hoping the takara version will be better. Oh wait, it wont. Not without a plethora of finicky stickers and micron tumors.
Last edited by BeastProwl on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My PSN: BeastProwl
Image

Come read my Photocomic! It totally doesn't suck!

Va'al wrote:PCCs are not only desirable, they are adorable. [-(

Fanboy wrote:You need to see the figure, feel the figure , lick the figure , be the figure,
And only then can you love mp 01 the way I have.
User avatar
BeastProwl
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6064
News Credits: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: The Badass Crater of Badassitude
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: ???
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby Doubledealer93 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:35 am

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
agreed some white could help but other than that he looks amazing. i will add the whute myself when i get him.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3791
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Better Images Of TF Prime Voyager Ultra Magnus

Postby Flux Convoy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 am

Motto: "Chaos... is coming!..."
BBTS has pre-orders up with Prime, Magnus, Skyquake and Thundertron for $89.99 or without Prime for $84.99. I think I'll take the $5 Prime thanks. Pretty excited for all of them.
:BOT:
Image
User avatar
Flux Convoy
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6530
News Credits: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:59 am
Location: Spinning my wheels into the void.
Buy from Flux Convoy on eBay


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014