Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Noideaforaname wrote:"Beware the Batman is back!"
Oh ye--
"At 3 in the Morning"
... seriously?
Time soon to set the DVRs or dust off the old VCRs. :-B
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17741
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
So I watched the first episode. And I won't be doing that again. I mean, maybe with a group of friends so we can laugh about how bad it is. (Having Batman lose constantly throughout the show? What's not to love?!) But, wow, that was exactly as bad as I expected. Hated the designs, hated the characterizations, super hated the villains. I can't imagine watching episode two onwards if I don't have someone to riff on it with me.

Any given Batman story is only as strong as the villain opposing him. So of course they loaded it up with villains no one cares about.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:(Having Batman lose constantly throughout the show? What's not to love?!)
What show were you watching?!
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17741
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:10 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Sabrblade wrote:Looks like the show is being rescued from Cartoon Network... by Cartoon Network!

They're gonna be putting it on their Adult Swim Toonami block with all of the unaired episodes getting aired - http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2014/04/beware-the-batman-joins-toonami-line-up-starting-saturday-may-10th-2014/

For those curious, here are summaries for all of the unaired episodes (including the two that aired online) - http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2014/04/loglines-for-currently-unaired-episodes-of-beware-the-batman/

thanks for the update
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:(Having Batman lose constantly throughout the show? What's not to love?!)
What show were you watching?!


The one where, after the Batmobile gets hit by a grenade, Batman goes off to hide in an alleyway until the bad guys are gone, then passes out. (Kind of like the exact opposite of the trailer for Arkham Knight, actually) And then at the end of the episode, the villains get away. Because this Batman is awful.

Also I hate the suit.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:06 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:(Having Batman lose constantly throughout the show? What's not to love?!)
What show were you watching?!


The one where, after the Batmobile gets hit by a grenade, Batman goes off to hide in an alleyway until the bad guys are gone, then passes out. (Kind of like the exact opposite of the trailer for Arkham Knight, actually) And then at the end of the episode, the villains get away. Because this Batman is awful.

Also I hate the suit.

Oh yea, because no Batman has ever done that before, as we all know Batman is super awesome, invincible an don't afraid of anything.
In fact Batman has never ever lost a fight, had to lick his wounds, or let a villain escape ever. Which is why the Joker has only ever featured once and has since then been locked up in Arkham.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13957
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:(Having Batman lose constantly throughout the show? What's not to love?!)
What show were you watching?!


The one where, after the Batmobile gets hit by a grenade, Batman goes off to hide in an alleyway until the bad guys are gone, then passes out. (Kind of like the exact opposite of the trailer for Arkham Knight, actually) And then at the end of the episode, the villains get away. Because this Batman is awful.

Also I hate the suit.

Oh yea, because no Batman has ever done that before, as we all know Batman is super awesome, invincible an don't afraid of anything
In fact Batman has never ever lost a fight, had to lick his wounds, or let a villain escape ever. Which is why the Joker has only ever featured once and has since then been locked up in Arkham.


Yeah, pretty much. Except the last part, but that's entirely Arkham's fault.

This Batman is a wuss. The only one worse than him is the one from ASBAR, but for entirely different reasons.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:04 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:(Having Batman lose constantly throughout the show? What's not to love?!)
What show were you watching?!


The one where, after the Batmobile gets hit by a grenade, Batman goes off to hide in an alleyway until the bad guys are gone, then passes out. (Kind of like the exact opposite of the trailer for Arkham Knight, actually) And then at the end of the episode, the villains get away. Because this Batman is awful.

Also I hate the suit.

Oh yea, because no Batman has ever done that before, as we all know Batman is super awesome, invincible an don't afraid of anything
In fact Batman has never ever lost a fight, had to lick his wounds, or let a villain escape ever. Which is why the Joker has only ever featured once and has since then been locked up in Arkham.


Yeah, pretty much. Except the last part, but that's entirely Arkham's fault.

This Batman is a wuss. The only one worse than him is the one from ASBAR, but for entirely different reasons.

Ah, so Robin never died, Batgirl was never paralyzed, Batman never got his back broken.
Also, The Dark Night Returns doesn't exist, nor any other Batman cartoon or movie. OK, so I've been living in a fantasy world then where this isn't the first Batman show then.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13957
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:00 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:Ah, so Robin never died, Batgirl was never paralyzed, Batman never got his back broken.


Retcons, comic book deaths, etc. etc. yeah, that's actually all true at this point. Jason is alive, Babs can walk, Bruce still struts around like he owns the place.

Dead Metal wrote:Also, The Dark Night Returns doesn't exist


I really like to pretend anything made by Frank Miller never happened.

Dead Metal wrote:OK, so I've been living in a fantasy world then where this isn't the first Batman show then.


You've definitely been living in a fantasy world...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:02 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Ah, so Robin never died, Batgirl was never paralyzed, Batman never got his back broken.


Retcons, comic book deaths, etc. etc. yeah, that's actually all true at this point. Jason is alive, Babs can walk, Bruce still struts around like he owns the place.

So you want to tell me, just because of retconning that changed their conditions after the fact, as in revived or made them recover, those things never happened and aren't really set-backs? You want to tell me that everything Batman ever touches turns to gold and there is never any tension or danger when something happens because Batman is there?
I'm sorry, but that sounds utterly terrible.
Dead Metal wrote:Also, The Dark Night Returns doesn't exist


I really like to pretend anything made by Frank Miller never happened.

But it still exists and validates my point.

Dead Metal wrote:OK, so I've been living in a fantasy world then where this isn't the first Batman show then.


You've definitely been living in a fantasy world...

Actually that's you, because wikipedia and a bunch of other places do seem to agree with me that there are other Batman shows and movies, all featuring Batman making mistakes and suffering setbacks. Hell that's even the entire meat of the Dark Knight trilogy.

Sorry, but Batman **** up, and suffers setbacks, he always has and he will continue to do so, and to argue otherwise is, well, ******.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13957
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Ah, so Robin never died, Batgirl was never paralyzed, Batman never got his back broken.


Retcons, comic book deaths, etc. etc. yeah, that's actually all true at this point. Jason is alive, Babs can walk, Bruce still struts around like he owns the place.

So you want to tell me, just because of retconning that changed their conditions after the fact, as in revived or made them recover, those things never happened and aren't really set-backs? You want to tell me that everything Batman ever touches turns to gold and there is never any tension or danger when something happens because Batman is there?
I'm sorry, but that sounds utterly terrible.


Wait...tension and danger because Batman is there? Then why did you bring up the Killing Joke? Batman had nothing to do with that, Joker didn't know she was Batgirl, he was just kidnapping Commissioner Gordon's daughter. For that matter, why bring up Death in the Family, since Robin died because 1) Jason was a moron and 2) Batman didn't get there in time.

As for Knightfall, do you know what Bane had to do to pull that one off? First, Superman had to die, which leaves Bruce traumatized and unable to sleep. Then Bruce contracted the flu. The Bane broke everyone out of Arkham, which Batman makes a point of recapturing every inmate, solo. While suffering from sleep deprivation and the flu. And eventually Fear Gas. Then Bane was able to beat him. Because that's what it takes to bring down the Goddamn Batman.

Dead Metal wrote:Sorry, but Batman **** up, and suffers setbacks, he always has and he will continue to do so, and to argue otherwise is, well, ******.


But never to the extent as this version.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:19 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:Wait...tension and danger because Batman is there? Then why did you bring up the Killing Joke? Batman had nothing to do with that, Joker didn't know she was Batgirl, he was just kidnapping Commissioner Gordon's daughter.


sorry I dont agree with you on that.

I'm pretty sure the Joker knew who she was.

For that matter, why bring up Death in the Family, since Robin died because 1) Jason was a moron and 2) Batman didn't get there in time.


Jason was a moron, but he died trying to save his mother, so you can't blame him for that.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Wait...tension and danger because Batman is there? Then why did you bring up the Killing Joke? Batman had nothing to do with that, Joker didn't know she was Batgirl, he was just kidnapping Commissioner Gordon's daughter.


sorry I dont agree with you on that.

I'm pretty sure the Joker knew who she was.


Pretty sure? You want to back that one up? Maybe you can find a scan around. Otherwise, let's go ahead and assume Joker didn't really have the inside track on the Bat-family.

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
For that matter, why bring up Death in the Family, since Robin died because 1) Jason was a moron and 2) Batman didn't get there in time.


Jason was a moron, but he died trying to save his mother, so you can't blame him for that.


Nor can you blame Batman, which is the point I'm trying to make.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:12 am

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:Pretty sure? You want to back that one up? Maybe you can find a scan around. Otherwise, let's go ahead and assume Joker didn't really have the inside track on the Bat-family.


can you provide evidence he doesnt know?

as for the "direct" batfamily, he KNOWS Jason is the 2nd Robin since the 80's, Batman told him that.

Its been "suggested" since the 80's that he knows Bruce is Batman, and confirmed in recent years.He just doesnt care.

FYI, the writer of "The killing joke" once stated that the Joker chose to attack Barbra because he knew it would effect batman as much as her her father.Not to mention that if he got her father to break as well it would be a double blow to Batman.

Nor can you blame Batman, which is the point I'm trying to make.

legally you can, its called endangering the welfare of a minor.Batman has been doing that for decades.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:46 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Pretty sure? You want to back that one up? Maybe you can find a scan around. Otherwise, let's go ahead and assume Joker didn't really have the inside track on the Bat-family.


can you provide evidence he doesnt know?


So you can't back that one up, then? It's cool, I knew you couldn't, that's why I asked.

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:as for the "direct" batfamily, he KNOWS Jason is the 2nd Robin since the 80's, Batman told him that.

Its been "suggested" since the 80's that he knows Bruce is Batman, and confirmed in recent years.He just doesnt care.


It's implied that even if he does know, he can't actually comprehend it. He can't see Batman as being anything other than Batman.

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:FYI, the writer of "The killing joke" once stated that the Joker chose to attack Barbra because he knew it would effect batman as much as her her father.Not to mention that if he got her father to break as well it would be a double blow to Batman.


And where was this stated?

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Nor can you blame Batman, which is the point I'm trying to make.

legally you can, its called endangering the welfare of a minor.Batman has been doing that for decades.


You might remember that early on, Batman had Jason suspended from Robin-duties.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:So you can't back that one up, then? It's cool, I knew you couldn't, that's why I asked.


same reason I asked you, you failed as well.

It's implied that even if he does know, he can't actually comprehend it. He can't see Batman as being anything other than Batman.


thats your take on it.My take is that if he knows, he doesnt care because only Batman holds his attention.

any way, Joke has seen Batman unmasked, and called "Bruce" by an other character in recent years, durring the RIP arc.

And where was this stated?

an interview with the writer many years ago ........and I know it doesnt really prove anytrhing

You might remember that early on, Batman had Jason suspended from Robin-duties.

which in no way negates his guilt on the mater, not morally or legally.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:So you can't back that one up, then? It's cool, I knew you couldn't, that's why I asked.


same reason I asked you, you failed as well.


Sto...really. Now you're just being silly. I shouldn't have to start proving that Batman's villains don't know his identity or those of his allies. You should know better than that. I get that you're trying to avoid having to back up your point by bringing mine into question, but, seriously, try to be a little less obvious about it.

sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
You might remember that early on, Batman had Jason suspended from Robin-duties.

which in no way negates his guilt on the mater, not morally or legally.


It's pretty well established that no one really cares.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:30 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17741
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:Sto...really. Now you're just being silly. I shouldn't have to start proving that Batman's villains don't know his identity or those of his allies. You should know better than that. I get that you're trying to avoid having to back up your point by bringing mine into question, but, seriously, try to be a little less obvious about it.


I'm not trying to avoiding anything.this is Baman were talking about. his id has to be one of the worst kept secrets in the dcu.

Aside from the Joker, a good number of dc people know batmans id, theres Catwoman,Bane, Deathstroke,Hush,Hugo Strange,Lady Shiva,The Riddler Ra’s al Ghul his daughters Talia and Nyssa most if not all of the League of assassins, the group known as the Black glove.the group known as The Court of Owls.....

and thats just the badguys I can think of right now.Theres plenty of friends/civilians that have learned his id..........hell at 1 pont Jimmy Olsen must have known.

It's pretty well established that no one really cares.

it does prove that Batman can be blamed for Jasons death despite your claim that he couldnt.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
ANYWAY...

Like episodes 12 and 13, episodes 14 through 20 have also been leaked online, having found their way to the usual non-YouTube streaming sites for cartoons.

Very curious to see how Batman recovers from Ra's al Ghul's cliffhanger victory.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17741
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:30 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:ANYWAY...

Like episodes 12 and 13, episodes 14 through 20 have also been leaked online, having found their way to the usual non-YouTube streaming sites for cartoons.

Very curious to see how Batman recovers from Ra's al Ghul's cliffhanger victory.


So, do any of the episodes end with him actually capturing the villains?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:a good number of dc people know batmans id, theres Catwoman,Bane, Deathstroke,Hush,Hugo Strange,Lady Shiva,The Riddler Ra’s al Ghul his daughters Talia and Nyssa most if not all of the League of assassins, the group known as the Black glove.the group known as The Court of Owls.....


So people with intelligence and deduction skills on par with Batman, people who Bruce told personally, or people who learned from sources who had already known. Most of them have sworn not to reveal his identity, though, through one means or another. (Ra's and the LOA keeps it out of respect, Riddler out of wanting to keep it an obscure riddle, the Court of Owls out of simply not caring about Batman) And it's a puny fragment of Batman's cast, and an insignificant percent of the population of the DCU, so I'd hardly call that a "worst kept" secret.

Otherwise Wayne Manor would have been wrecked a million times over by now. He's pissed off everyone up to and including Darkseid, if as many people knew about his identity as you say, Bruce would have died years ago.

Plus, we're not talking about Batman. We're talking about Batgirl.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:So, do any of the episodes end with him actually capturing the villains?
Oh, for spark's sake, Shadowman. What kind of fools would create a Batman cartoon that has him lose in every episode?

This show is awesome. The storyline is awesome (yes, it actually has a storyline. An ongoing, serialized, "Previously on Beware the Batman", episode-to-episode-to-episode-episode storyline). The characters are awesome. Everything is awesome in this show.

Who gives a flying flip about Pyg and Toad getting away in the first episode? Batman's still new to the whole vigilante thing by this point and is only human. Besides, his primary objective was to get the hostages freed and away to safety. That was accomplished. And he successfully thwarted Pyg and Toad's plan, as they ended up blowing up the building they were in. They wouldn't have done that if not for Batman, so he was responsible for their own downfall.

And, Batman villains getting away after their losses is hardly anything new. You want them to go with a repetitive route of Bats always bagging in the crooks only for them to escape later on again and again, making Gotham's security look pathetic?

"But Batman is s'posed to be SO awsum that he can do ANYTING!" Get over it, man. It's only Chapter 1 of a much greater arc. >:oP
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17741
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Episode 21, 22, and 23 have popped up online as well.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17741
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:So people with intelligence and deduction skills on par with Batman, people who Bruce told personally, or people who learned from sources who had already known. Most of them have sworn not to reveal his identity, though, through one means or another. (Ra's and the LOA keeps it out of respect, Riddler out of wanting to keep it an obscure riddle, the Court of Owls out of simply not caring about Batman) And it's a puny fragment of Batman's cast, and an insignificant percent of the population of the DCU, so I'd hardly call that a "worst kept" secret.

Otherwise Wayne Manor would have been wrecked a million times over by now. He's pissed off everyone up to and including Darkseid, if as many people knew about his identity as you say, Bruce would have died years ago.

Plus, we're not talking about Batman. We're talking about Batgirl.

ok, I'll admit that "worst kept" was an over statement, but quite a few bad guys know, and Joker knows.If he knows Batmans id, its a safe bet he knew Batgirls.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7076
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014