Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:So people with intelligence and deduction skills on par with Batman, people who Bruce told personally, or people who learned from sources who had already known. Most of them have sworn not to reveal his identity, though, through one means or another. (Ra's and the LOA keeps it out of respect, Riddler out of wanting to keep it an obscure riddle, the Court of Owls out of simply not caring about Batman) And it's a puny fragment of Batman's cast, and an insignificant percent of the population of the DCU, so I'd hardly call that a "worst kept" secret.

Otherwise Wayne Manor would have been wrecked a million times over by now. He's pissed off everyone up to and including Darkseid, if as many people knew about his identity as you say, Bruce would have died years ago.

Plus, we're not talking about Batman. We're talking about Batgirl.

ok, I'll admit that "worst kept" was an over statement, but quite a few bad guys know, and Joker knows.If he knows Batmans id, its a safe bet he knew Batgirls.


Not really. Barbara doesn't have as many connections to Bruce as, say, Dick would. It requires a bit more than just "Bruce is Batman, ergo, Helena Bertinelli must be the Huntress!"
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby sto_vo_kor_2000 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Motto: "Today is a good day to die......but the day is not yet over!"
Shadowman wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:So people with intelligence and deduction skills on par with Batman, people who Bruce told personally, or people who learned from sources who had already known. Most of them have sworn not to reveal his identity, though, through one means or another. (Ra's and the LOA keeps it out of respect, Riddler out of wanting to keep it an obscure riddle, the Court of Owls out of simply not caring about Batman) And it's a puny fragment of Batman's cast, and an insignificant percent of the population of the DCU, so I'd hardly call that a "worst kept" secret.

Otherwise Wayne Manor would have been wrecked a million times over by now. He's pissed off everyone up to and including Darkseid, if as many people knew about his identity as you say, Bruce would have died years ago.

Plus, we're not talking about Batman. We're talking about Batgirl.

ok, I'll admit that "worst kept" was an over statement, but quite a few bad guys know, and Joker knows.If he knows Batmans id, its a safe bet he knew Batgirls.


Not really. Barbara doesn't have as many connections to Bruce as, say, Dick would. It requires a bit more than just "Bruce is Batman, ergo, Helena Bertinelli must be the Huntress!"


and if we were talking about anybody else I would agree.But not the Joker, as insane as he is, hes very intuitive.....he recognizes things in people that almost nobody else would phantom.
Predaprince wrote:I am very thankful to have posters like sto_vo_kor_2000 who is so energetic about improving others' understanding and enjoyment of the TF universe
Stormrider wrote:You often add interesting insights to conversations that makes the fledglings think and challenges even the sharpest minds

T-Macksimus wrote:I consider you and editor to be amongst the most "scholarly" in terms of your knowledge, demeanor and general approach

Image
sto_vo_kor_2000
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6930
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:01 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 01, 2014 8:44 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
So out of boredom I started watching the leaked episodes. And, well, they reminded me why I like this show, really well done.
Only up to the ep with Ras Al Gul holding Gotham hostage with the Spark the one in which we learn that Katana's dad is dead.
I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 01, 2014 11:04 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:So out of boredom I started watching the leaked episodes. And, well, they reminded me why I like this show, really well done.
Only up to the ep with Ras Al Gul holding Gotham hostage with the Spark the one in which we learn that Katana's dad is dead.


"Learn" only applies if it wasn't established years ago in the comics. It's kind of like how no one bothers to put spoiler tags on the fact that Bucky Barnes is the Winter Soldier; we all already knew that.

Dead Metal wrote:I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.


"Villain being a main character's father" isn't just a twist. It's a tired old cliche.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 01, 2014 11:56 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:So out of boredom I started watching the leaked episodes. And, well, they reminded me why I like this show, really well done.
Only up to the ep with Ras Al Gul holding Gotham hostage with the Spark the one in which we learn that Katana's dad is dead.


"Learn" only applies if it wasn't established years ago in the comics. It's kind of like how no one bothers to put spoiler tags on the fact that Bucky Barnes is the Winter Soldier; we all already knew that.

Only to those that actually read the comics in question. As in the target audience of this show.
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.


"Villain being a main character's father" isn't just a twist. It's a tired old cliche.

So?
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:So out of boredom I started watching the leaked episodes. And, well, they reminded me why I like this show, really well done.
Only up to the ep with Ras Al Gul holding Gotham hostage with the Spark the one in which we learn that Katana's dad is dead.


"Learn" only applies if it wasn't established years ago in the comics. It's kind of like how no one bothers to put spoiler tags on the fact that Bucky Barnes is the Winter Soldier; we all already knew that.

Only to those that actually read the comics in question. As in the target audience of this show.


Exactly, it's not "learning" to the target audience.

Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.


"Villain being a main character's father" isn't just a twist. It's a tired old cliche.

So?


So...cliches are bad, and it would be stupid if they did that.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:So out of boredom I started watching the leaked episodes. And, well, they reminded me why I like this show, really well done.
Only up to the ep with Ras Al Gul holding Gotham hostage with the Spark the one in which we learn that Katana's dad is dead.


"Learn" only applies if it wasn't established years ago in the comics. It's kind of like how no one bothers to put spoiler tags on the fact that Bucky Barnes is the Winter Soldier; we all already knew that.

Only to those that actually read the comics in question. As in the target audience of this show.


Exactly, it's not "learning" to the target audience.

Oh no, wait. I forgot to edit the second sentence, the comic readers are not the target audience for this show. The target audience is children, so that they get attached to the character and then check out the comics when they're old enough.
Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.


"Villain being a main character's father" isn't just a twist. It's a tired old cliche.

So?


So...cliches are bad, and it would be stupid if they did that.

You mean as bad as the cliche of the good guys always winning? Or the clishe of the hero's parents being dead? Or the cliche that the main character is so amazing that the villain is fascinated by him to the point of not simply wanting to kill him, but to kill him in an elaborate "more deserving" way? Or the cliche of pretty much everyone knowing martial arts? Or the clishe of a dark brooding character with a tragic past who comes close to turning to the "dark" because he spends "too much time in the dark".
Or the cliche of the super perfect butler from Britain?
Or the cliche of everything happening at night? Or heck, the hero surviving due to a convenient gadget he has, that's also a cliche. Or mental institutions being all creepy and dark and scary.

If cliches are so bad and using them would be stupid, they should avoid all of those as well.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 01, 2014 1:40 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.


"Villain being a main character's father" isn't just a twist. It's a tired old cliche.

So?


So...cliches are bad, and it would be stupid if they did that.

You mean as bad as the cliche of the good guys always winning? Or the clishe of the hero's parents being dead? Or the cliche that the main character is so amazing that the villain is fascinated by him to the point of not simply wanting to kill him, but to kill him in an elaborate "more deserving" way? Or the cliche of pretty much everyone knowing martial arts? Or the clishe of a dark brooding character with a tragic past who comes close to turning to the "dark" because he spends "too much time in the dark".
Or the cliche of the super perfect butler from Britain?
Or the cliche of everything happening at night? Or heck, the hero surviving due to a convenient gadget he has, that's also a cliche. Or mental institutions being all creepy and dark and scary.

If cliches are so bad and using them would be stupid, they should avoid all of those as well.


Aw, that's cute, DM's trying to use logic! But he hasn't figured out that a lot of what he just said was applied to Batman before it became a cliche, if not something created specifically for Batman, making it acceptable within that setting.

Oh, DM, your attempts at being clever never cease to make me giggle. Always acting as if you know more than you actually do, or that you're an expert on a subject that you know nothing about.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think he's really dead though, somehow I think it will later be revealed that he's really the Silver Monkey. The body build fits, and it would be a classic twist.


"Villain being a main character's father" isn't just a twist. It's a tired old cliche.

So?


So...cliches are bad, and it would be stupid if they did that.

You mean as bad as the cliche of the good guys always winning? Or the clishe of the hero's parents being dead? Or the cliche that the main character is so amazing that the villain is fascinated by him to the point of not simply wanting to kill him, but to kill him in an elaborate "more deserving" way? Or the cliche of pretty much everyone knowing martial arts? Or the clishe of a dark brooding character with a tragic past who comes close to turning to the "dark" because he spends "too much time in the dark".
Or the cliche of the super perfect butler from Britain?
Or the cliche of everything happening at night? Or heck, the hero surviving due to a convenient gadget he has, that's also a cliche. Or mental institutions being all creepy and dark and scary.

If cliches are so bad and using them would be stupid, they should avoid all of those as well.


Aw, that's cute, DM's trying to use logic! But he hasn't figured out that a lot of what he just said was applied to Batman before it became a cliche, if not something created specifically for Batman, making it acceptable within that setting.

Oh, DM, your attempts at being clever never cease to make me giggle. Always acting as if you know more than you actually do, or that you're an expert on a subject that you know nothing about.

So, they're cliches now. The cliche of hero with tragic past is not created specifically for Batman, nor is the British Butler, onr gadgets, nor creepy mental institutions, or things taking place at night, or everyone knowing martial arts, or the villain fascinated by the hero, or good guys always winning.
All of those were all adopted by Batman, they were already cliches long before Batman ripped off Blue Beetle and Zorro.

What happened that you needed to go online and take offense by something trivial? Real life bothering you? Parents yell at you again? Did your bubble of the world revolving around you get popped again?

So stop being so adorable and wash the sand out of your vagina.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Aw, that's cute, DM's trying to use logic! But he hasn't figured out that a lot of what he just said was applied to Batman before it became a cliche, if not something created specifically for Batman, making it acceptable within that setting.

Oh, DM, your attempts at being clever never cease to make me giggle. Always acting as if you know more than you actually do, or that you're an expert on a subject that you know nothing about.

So, they're cliches now. The cliche of hero with tragic past is not created specifically for Batman, nor is the British Butler, onr gadgets, nor creepy mental institutions, or things taking place at night, or everyone knowing martial arts, or the villain fascinated by the hero, or good guys always winning.
All of those were all adopted by Batman, they were already cliches long before Batman ripped off Blue Beetle and Zorro.

What happened that you needed to go online and take offense by something trivial? Real life bothering you? Parents yell at you again? Did your bubble of the world revolving around you get popped again?

So stop being so adorable and wash the sand out of your vagina.


Oh, look, DM is once more responding to people calling him out on his ignorance with even more ignorance (Blue Beetle came out three months after Batman) and outright hostility! Adorable!
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Shadowman wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Aw, that's cute, DM's trying to use logic! But he hasn't figured out that a lot of what he just said was applied to Batman before it became a cliche, if not something created specifically for Batman, making it acceptable within that setting.

Oh, DM, your attempts at being clever never cease to make me giggle. Always acting as if you know more than you actually do, or that you're an expert on a subject that you know nothing about.

So, they're cliches now. The cliche of hero with tragic past is not created specifically for Batman, nor is the British Butler, onr gadgets, nor creepy mental institutions, or things taking place at night, or everyone knowing martial arts, or the villain fascinated by the hero, or good guys always winning.
All of those were all adopted by Batman, they were already cliches long before Batman ripped off Blue Beetle and Zorro.

What happened that you needed to go online and take offense by something trivial? Real life bothering you? Parents yell at you again? Did your bubble of the world revolving around you get popped again?

So stop being so adorable and wash the sand out of your vagina.


Oh, look, DM is once more responding to people calling him out on his ignorance with even more ignorance (Blue Beetle came out three months after Batman) and outright hostility! Adorable!

Oh Shadowman, Blue Beetle may have come out three months after Batman, but much of what we now associate with Batman originated in Blue Beetle, like the backstory. Batman's origin was published after Blue Beetle, which unlike Batman, actually began publication with the origin story.
So try again, I'm sure that will make your real life troubles go away for a few sweet moments. You'll need to try a little harder than that. But don't expect a fast response from me, you know Germany is in a different timezone than yours, so chat to you later.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Hey guys, you know the tired old cliche of practically every Batman TV show being episodic with standalone episodes that get everything started and finished by each episode's conclusion, with every following episode feeling like its own unique story separate from every preceding one, with only the barest loosest connections between each episode existing because they happen to all involve the same main character even though what he does in one episode has little bearing on what he does in the very next one (outside of multi-parters)?

Surprise! Beware the Batman is the only Batman TV series that avoids this cliche by being a serialized show with an ongoing story linking virtually every episode into a single overarching plotline that builds up little by little at first until things heat up closer to the mid-season finale.

Beware the Batman honestly has as much a tightly knit continuity as (if not more tightly knit than) Transformers Animated and Power Rangers In Space. That is a HUGE step up from all past Batman TV shows.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16941
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Thu May 01, 2014 4:27 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:Hey guys, you know the tired old cliche of practically every Batman TV show being episodic with standalone episodes that get everything started and finished by each episode's conclusion, with every following episode feeling like its own unique story separate from every preceding one, with only the barest loosest connections between each episode existing because they happen to all involve the same main character even though what he does in one episode has little bearing on what he does in the very next one (outside of multi-parters)?


...that's not a cliche. That's episodic storytelling. You really dropped the ball on that one.

Sabrblade wrote:Surprise! Beware the Batman is the only Batman TV series that avoids this cliche by being a serialized show with an ongoing story linking virtually every episode into a single overarching plotline that builds up little by little at first until things heat up closer to the mid-season finale.


I don't get why you're so impressed by this sort of thing, as if you haven't seen it a million times before. That's not even the problem I have with it, so I don't get why you keep pushing that one. "Oh, it's serialized!" Whoopty doo! So was Young Justice.

Sabrblade wrote:That is a HUGE step up from all past Batman TV shows.


Unfortunately it slipped and fell back to the bottom, breaking it's neck on the trip down. There's a reason you're only watching episodes now because they're getting leaked.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
So I finished the mid-season multi-parter with Raz Algul. Turns out I was wrong about believing Silver Monkey being Katana's dad, her dad really is f**king dead.
The 6 month long gap between that episode and the next is really odd. If I didn't know that this is all one 26 episode long season I would have thought that the Raz Algul episodes where the season 1 finale and the one after that was the start of Season 2. Just kinda weird that they have Alfred piss of stating he'll come back whenever they really need him, just to call him back in the next episode after stating it's been 6 months. But oh well, I've seen far worse.

Anarchy though proves himself to be yet again a poor man's Carnage, just with a bit of Green Goblin sprinkles on top, just minus what makes those guys entertaining. I hope he bites the dust.
I hate villains who are basically obsessed fanboys of "their" superheroes, you know, the kind that constantly shows up and goes on and on about how they're sooo much alike and the hero just needs to accept that and finally start a family with them.
Well, at least he shut his trap about his pseudo-anarchy ideology this time round - so, progress?

But other than that, I really enjoyed these last few eps and like how it's using these "new" villains while slowly teasing us and easing us into the ones we're more familiar with, like Raz Algul and Two Face.

Not so sure about the direction they seem to be going with Harvey Dent though, I usually enjoyed the tragedy surrounding Two Face, and I just can't see the same happening here since he's shown to already be kind of a dick.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16941
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Fri May 02, 2014 4:10 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?

:???:

Edit:
Ah I get it now, I spelt his name wrong.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?

:???:

Edit:
Ah I get it now, I spelt his name wrong.
Not to mention that the show pronounces his name correctly, unlike the Nolan trilogy, the Batman Begins video game, and everyone except Nyssa in Arrow.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16941
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Fri May 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?

:???:

Edit:
Ah I get it now, I spelt his name wrong.
Not to mention that the show pronounces his name correctly, unlike the Nolan trilogy, the Batman Begins video game, and everyone except Nyssa in Arrow.

Well, it's a name I don't usually write or see spelt, in fact I'm kinda proud of myself that I actually remembered his name. I usually take ages to memorize names, especially if the character isn't of any real interest to me. I mean I didn't even know he existed till he showed up in Batman Begins, then when I checked online to find out who he was, I realized that I had seen him in TAS before. Then he was in Arkham City and now here.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Fri May 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?

:???:

Edit:
Ah I get it now, I spelt his name wrong.
Not to mention that the show pronounces his name correctly, unlike the Nolan trilogy, the Batman Begins video game, and everyone except Nyssa in Arrow.


Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Fri May 02, 2014 4:27 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?

:???:

Edit:
Ah I get it now, I spelt his name wrong.
Not to mention that the show pronounces his name correctly, unlike the Nolan trilogy, the Batman Begins video game, and everyone except Nyssa in Arrow.


I love that bit.

And that whole episode. The Batman musical it gave us was schway. :lol:
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16941
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Fri May 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:Raz Algul
Is that supposed to be a joke?

:???:

Edit:
Ah I get it now, I spelt his name wrong.
Not to mention that the show pronounces his name correctly, unlike the Nolan trilogy, the Batman Begins video game, and everyone except Nyssa in Arrow.


I love that bit.

And that whole episode. The Batman musical it gave us was schway. :lol:


Bonus points for Kevin Conroy singing it himself. He's got the same thing going as Patrick Stewart, we're so used to seeing him play a serious, stoic character, that when he does something funny, it only makes it that much funnier.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Dead Metal » Sat May 03, 2014 11:44 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Watched a few more, I like how the show gets pretty dark but never goes too far to the point that people could complain about it being inappropriate for children. Sure it's kinda too late for that now, since the show is dead, but still, nice that they tried.

I don't like douchy Dent though, they've overdone it a bit, he's already this cartoony dick who goes so far as ignoring all the serious crime around him and only concentrates on taking Batman down, well him and Metamorpho.
Speaking of which, I really, really like him. He's a really well done character in this, in fact he really feels and seems a lot like a Marvel character to be honest, in how he's flawed and he's basically just a guy whose life took a terrible turn and now he has to deal with that.
Nice natural feeling progression here too, with him starting out as a classic misunderstood villain and now is a anti-hero.

Just a little thing that makes me smirk every time it happens, the show constantly teases Two Face, there have been two or three instances now that made it look like Harvey Dent was going to get the left side of his face scared. Every time it happened a character reacts in a concerned manner for him, and then when they show his face and it's still intact the character (like Gordon) has this "Oh, so that's still there" look.
It's cool that he's been in so many episodes now, and that they're taking their time to set him up as a character instead of simply introducing him, then melting his face and telling us that what happened was bad. But they're establishing him as an unlikable dick whom you want to see suffer, while usually they take the route of making him out to be this super nice guy, sometimes even a friend to Bruce to make his predicament so super tragic.
Here I can't really see how they can have the "dark side/ good side" dynamic, unless they're going for a "dark side/ super f**king dark side" dynamic, with the coizes not being to kill or let live, but to kill or kill sadistically. Actually, that would be pretty fun to watch now that I think about it. 8-}
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13816
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 03, 2014 11:51 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I've only gotten up to the first one with Dent in it. But it definitely feels like they're building up to Two-Face.

That seems to be the thing with the villains in this show. Regular appearances by the more obscure villains who haven't gotten as much mainstream exposure or attention outside of the comics, while building up to appearances by more major, mainstream villains for really large, significant events.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16941
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:I've only gotten up to the first one with Dent in it. But it definitely feels like they're building up to Two-Face.

That seems to be the thing with the villains in this show. Regular appearances by the more obscure villains who haven't gotten as much mainstream exposure or attention outside of the comics, while building up to appearances by more major, mainstream villains for really large, significant events.


The irony is that the obscure villains are so heavily altered, they aren't really getting any exposure. Anarky is a pretty big example of it, being so much the opposite of his comics counterpart. Same with Professor Pyg he went from a mad scientist obsessed with "perfecting" people via surgery, with an army of brainwashed, surgically altered slaves, now he's...what, some kind of big game hunter with an environmentalist bent? And Magpie was already just a poor man's Catwoman, they just made it worse. And unlike Mister Freeze in TAS, (Going from an ice-pun loving mad scientist with a freeze ray, to a tragic, broken man with a serious medical condition trying to save his dying wife by any means necessary) none of these are improvements.

And no, I'm not letting go of that. It doesn't make any sense, those characters could have easily been adapted to a kids show (Bruce Timm and Paul Dini managed to fit Scarecrow into a kids show without altering him) but instead they give the names to entirely new characters then act as if they're using the d-listers.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Beware the Batman, new Batman show

Postby Shadowman » Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Sabrblade wrote:I've only gotten up to the first one with Dent in it. But it definitely feels like they're building up to Two-Face.

That seems to be the thing with the villains in this show. Regular appearances by the more obscure villains who haven't gotten as much mainstream exposure or attention outside of the comics, while building up to appearances by more major, mainstream villains for really large, significant events.


Oh, and I hate to double post, but even the last line is now false. The whole "no a-listers except as arc villains" thing is out the window, since Deathstroke and Killer Croc both got their own episodes.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28849
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion