Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Mindmaster » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Mark your calendars! Transformer fan Donald Grayson contacted Seibertron.com to let us in on a secret: while opening his exclusive Calvin Johnson sneakers/exclusive Generations: Thrilling 30 IDW Megatron, he found a small card, one that teased of "big news" during next year's Superbowl, which will be held on 2 February. Based on previous track records, it is very possible that this is when we will see the first trailer for the much anticipated Age of Extinction film.

Image

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com to emerging details when they arise!
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Makes sense.

Almost expected, even. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Tronus_Rex » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Possibility 1.

Bayformers :michaelbay: 4
Age of Ixstinktion

The planet is in peril as HEROIC AUTOBOT LEADER Optimal Primo must use the Jurassicons to stop the Destrons now led by two Megatrons: NBA Star Calvin Johnson and NFL Star Nate Burleson. Meet hard-rappin' duo Slim Blastah [Voiced by M&M] and Spinnerz [Rob Schneider]. And prepare for the madness of Galvatron [Adam Sandler]. ALSO lots of Ad placement. And a brand new combiner team.

Image

Possibility 2.

Transpielberg :CON: 4
Jurassic Age of Explosions

Jurassic Park meets Transformers with legit-badass Galvatron.

Image
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby RhA » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:39 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
I am not surprised. At all.
Image
Latest TF: Energon Hotshot, Signal Flare & Strongarm.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby xyl360 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:58 am

I'm more excited about the possibility of the first trailer for the new Godzilla flick personally :P. That's the film I'm most interested in next year.
Image
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I am that which is, which was, and is yet to come.

And you will know my name is MEGATRON when I lay my vengeance upon you!
User avatar
xyl360
City Commander
Posts: 3001
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 am

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby TheForgottenTaxi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:28 am

"Much anticipated."

Anticipated, dreaded, same difference, right?
TheForgottenTaxi
Mini-Con
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:40 pm

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby acchillyaout » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:23 am

Yes, "Anticipated" is the correct choice here.

Oh, for the love of Primus. Thanks Bay, another Transformer movie that us hardcore G1 enthusiast will post negative replies about, in effort to be seen as entitled elitists with an opinion nobody cares about, then end up watching the movies anyway and secretly really enjoying them.

Sheesh. Enough already.

Somebody please stand up and realize all the positive things Michael Bay has done for the brand. All I hear is back-handed insults about the lack of G1 accurate robots. Who cares. Where were all these people when "Beast Wars" first came out? Wow, talk about culture shock because the 'bots weren't cars, planes, or other mechanical things. Never heard a peep. Want to know why? Because it's easy for 38-45 year old men that still live in their mother's basement to throw up negative comments on a message board, hiding behind total anonymity.

Let's face facts. Transformers was a dying brand until Mr. Bay resurrected them and made it cool to be an Autobot or Decepticon fan, instead of a being labeled a "nerd". The brand is king of Hasbro once again and the movies have generated so much world-wide interest that a theme park ride and cartoon (TF: Prime) were based on them. Numbers don't lie and the movies make a killing. Not to mention all the young children that will now grow up fans of the brand and since there will be ongoing desire, all of us G1 children will be able to enjoy new movies, cartoons, and figures for the rest of our lives.

Oh, and you all are welcome now that the value of the original G1 toys has sky-rocketed thanks to the movies.
acchillyaout
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
acchillyaout wrote:Let's face facts. Transformers was a dying brand until Mr. Bay resurrected them
It was a "dying brand" at the end of Generation 2. The Unicron Trilogy was enough of a commercial success for Hasbro as far as toy sales were concerned. The brand wasn't in any sort of danger of going under back then, regardless of the success of the films.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Rodimus Prime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Yeah, a Super Bowl spot was a given, no surprise there. I was kinda hoping Bay would surprise us and maybe roll out a trailer for Christmas as a present.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15491
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Primus Chamber

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby RhA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
Rodimus Prime wrote:Yeah, a Super Bowl spot was a given, no surprise there. I was kinda hoping Bay would surprise us and maybe roll out a trailer for Christmas as a present.


That would be kinda nice, yeah.
Image
Latest TF: Energon Hotshot, Signal Flare & Strongarm.
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4055
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Tronus_Rex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:46 pm

acchillyaout wrote:Yes, "Anticipated" is the correct choice here.

Oh, for the love of Primus. Thanks Bay, another Transformer movie that us hardcore G1 enthusiast will post negative replies about, in effort to be seen as entitled elitists with an opinion nobody cares about, then end up watching the movies anyway and secretly really enjoying them.

Sheesh. Enough already.

Somebody please stand up and realize all the positive things Michael Bay has done for the brand. All I hear is back-handed insults about the lack of G1 accurate robots. Who cares. Where were all these people when "Beast Wars" first came out? Wow, talk about culture shock because the 'bots weren't cars, planes, or other mechanical things. Never heard a peep. Want to know why? Because it's easy for 38-45 year old men that still live in their mother's basement to throw up negative comments on a message board, hiding behind total anonymity.

Let's face facts. Transformers was a dying brand until Mr. Bay resurrected them and made it cool to be an Autobot or Decepticon fan, instead of a being labeled a "nerd". The brand is king of Hasbro once again and the movies have generated so much world-wide interest that a theme park ride and cartoon (TF: Prime) were based on them. Numbers don't lie and the movies make a killing. Not to mention all the young children that will now grow up fans of the brand and since there will be ongoing desire, all of us G1 children will be able to enjoy new movies, cartoons, and figures for the rest of our lives.

Oh, and you all are welcome now that the value of the original G1 toys has sky-rocketed thanks to the movies.


Look, I LOVED the 1st movie and still do, will always defend it. Thing is, Bay has just made the first movie, 2 more times. No focus on Transformers, instead on characters with the same witt as Jar Jar. Also I HATE F'N JAR JAR!!! Mudfail and Skids not funny. For this type of humor, look up Gonzossm, Ricepirate, ETC, on YouTube, they know what they're doing at least.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Michael Bay Confirms Age of Extinction Trailer to Air During Superbowl

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Following up on our earlier story about "big news" from several days ago, Michael Bay confirmed on his website that the first Age of Extinction trailer will be aired during the 48th Superbowl on 2 February. Also, the director says that the five-and-a-half month-long filming is completed and ready for editing. This is what he had to say:

Michael Bay wrote:So that brings me to letting Transformers fans know that we have completed our five and half month shoot. We got back from a month long shoot in China. My crew and I had a fantastic time shooting in Hong Kong and Mainland China. It was an amazing experience, and I love the country. My cast was absolutely fantastic, and a very fun group to work with. We are working hard cutting the movie right now. I think the first piece comes out for the Super Bowl and a teaser right after that.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5617
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby acchillyaout » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:00 pm

Excellent News. This now gives me a reason to watch the Super Bowl. I usually skip it, unless Transformer Movie trailers are premiering.
acchillyaout
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I'll more than likely be at work during the Superbowl, so like the last few years, I'll just catch the trailer online.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby SlyTF1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Sabrblade wrote:I'll more than likely be at work during the Superbowl, so like the last few years, I'll just catch the trailer online.


It'll probably be available online before it even airs. I think I remember remember ROTF's Superbowl ad doing that. I know DOTM's didn't, though.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4011
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby PrymeStriker » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
No surprise here, though I'm interested to watch the commercial.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5412
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Doubledealer93 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Motto: "A logical mind is a healthy mind."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
i never keep track of anything sports related so i will probably watch it online.
Image

check out my collection thread, updated 2/25/13, and i kinda lost count, i have to count them again....
doubledealer93-s-collection-as-of-2-25-13-t84309.php
i have a blog now! http://dealingofthings.wordpress.com/
My deviant art, loads more pics there--> http://doubledealer93.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Doubledealer93
City Commander
Posts: 3812
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm
Location: Ravenna OH
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: ???

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:24 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16944
News Credits: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Transformers: Age of Extinction Superbowl Trailer to Feature Grimlock?

Postby Va'al » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Entertainment and media website Kpopstarz.com is reporting a rumour that newcomer Grimlock himself may be featured in the Super Bowl trailer for Transformers: Age of Extinction, set to air on February 2nd as previously reported. Is this just a rumour? Do you think it's likely that the Dinobot will show up this soon? Check out a snippet of the original article below, and discuss your thoughts in the Energon Pub!

With Transformers 4: Age of Extinction nearing its release date, and spoilers spilling everywhere, we can't wait to see the new trailer for the movie. It's expected that the Transformers 4 movie trailer to debut on Super Bowl 2014 commercials will feature the new giant robot, Dinobot leader Grimlock together with the redesigned Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.
Do you have Transformers news for Seibertron.com? Contact us here!


Image
Avatar image by sabrigami
User avatar
Va'al
News Admin
Posts: 6721
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby LE0KING » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Excited to see the king. But I'm freak'n sick of Bumblebee being everywhere. :BANG_HEAD:
LE0KING
Mini-Con
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
im sure hes in it but itll only be for less than a second and it wont be his robot mod thats for sure.If you want to get the mindless moron (main demographic) excited about this movie you show a **** ton of explosions and a giant t-rex stomping something.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4714
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Megatron Wolf wrote:im sure hes in it but itll only be for less than a second and it wont be his robot mod thats for sure.If you want to get the mindless moron (main demographic) excited about this movie you show a **** ton of explosions and a giant t-rex stomping something.


Yes please.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Silly me, double post.
Last edited by njb902 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby Actar » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Motto: "Love what you do, do what you love."
Now, I'm hinging all my hopes on Grimlock to bring us a kick-ass figure.
User avatar
Actar
Mini-Con
Posts: 36
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 am
Location: In front of the computer in balmy Singapore
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 3
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Re: Big News at Next Year's Superbowl: Air Date For First Age of Extinction Trailer?

Postby dragons » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Should be intersting want to here dino raor once again cant wait still sick of bumblebee toys hanging around all over place
Image
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2467
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion