BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby Prime Evil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 am

Motto: "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Easier for some then others. I love SG universe and I will continue to support it as much as possible. The fiction/prose stories are good as well and fleshes out the characters that weren't in the main SG comic. You really do get a sense that it's not just a flip flop either. SG Ops is well...an Evil Optimus. He still calls Ironhide his "Old Friend", he's not Megatron in an Optimus Prime body. And it works better for TF's then other properties because they already deal with multi-dimentions in other TF fiction so it's easy to imagine that there would be and SG universe. I also like the fact that I won't have to worry about Hasbro making any SG figures and putting them to retail. Most people complain about their toys being exclusive, guess what, these are EXCLUSIVES that won't be seen in the mainline.
Image
facebook
PSN:Kalibr3Fyre
Transfandom's resident Junglist
Botcon Twitter re: Botcon 2012, "This set is not TFA" :D

Fans Project- Highly Recommend any and all products
Hasbro- Need more Generations toys peas
HeadRobots- Awesome, looking fwd to more good products
Perfect Effect- OK, looking fwd to more lil bots.
User avatar
Prime Evil
City Commander
Posts: 3146
News Credits: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:22 am
Location: West Chester, PA
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby gothsaurus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:33 am

I'm glad someone pointed out the blue breathing thingy on the original figure shell. It was obviously intended to be "connected" to the face plate, just like this Botcon figure... only it comes across more like a printed detail on the shell, because of limitations.

Taking that into consideration, the figure's pretty close to the original... save the size of the diving bell. Not bad for a straight repaint, knowing they can only do so many new heads per set.

>:oP
User avatar
gothsaurus
Gestalt
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:30 am

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby F Prime » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:02 am

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Sabrblade wrote: On a relate note, the SG Transformers never knew of Primus until Classics Cliffjumper told them about him, in which Primus was described to them as a benevolent creator.


I know Primus is multiversal and all, but I am missing why this is worth noting. Wouldn't Cliffjumper describe Primus as benevolent even if there was a badass SG Primus out there? Cliffjumper is describing beings as he knows them, from his slice of the multiverse....he would probably also describe any number of Autobots as benevolent even though they were not in SG.

But as I stated earlier, I may be missing the point of this "note".
Pi is exactly 3!
Image
User avatar
F Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 285
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 am

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:57 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote: On a relate note, the SG Transformers never knew of Primus until Classics Cliffjumper told them about him, in which Primus was described to them as a benevolent creator.


I know Primus is multiversal and all, but I am missing why this is worth noting. Wouldn't Cliffjumper describe Primus as benevolent even if there was a badass SG Primus out there? Cliffjumper is describing beings as he knows them, from his slice of the multiverse....he would probably also describe any number of Autobots as benevolent even though they were not in SG.

But as I stated earlier, I may be missing the point of this "note".


Maybe this will shed some light: Nexus Maximus Prime reformated the dead SG Megatron into SG Galvatron with a fragment of Primus' power. This mirrors G1 Galvatron's creation by Unicron.
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17781
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby F Prime » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote: On a relate note, the SG Transformers never knew of Primus until Classics Cliffjumper told them about him, in which Primus was described to them as a benevolent creator.


I know Primus is multiversal and all, but I am missing why this is worth noting. Wouldn't Cliffjumper describe Primus as benevolent even if there was a badass SG Primus out there? Cliffjumper is describing beings as he knows them, from his slice of the multiverse....he would probably also describe any number of Autobots as benevolent even though they were not in SG.

But as I stated earlier, I may be missing the point of this "note".


Maybe this will shed some light: Nexus Maximus Prime reformated the dead SG Megatron into SG Galvatron with a fragment of Primus' power. This mirrors G1 Galvatron's creation by Unicron.


I didn't know/had forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder!
Pi is exactly 3!
Image
User avatar
F Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 285
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 am

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
F Prime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote: On a relate note, the SG Transformers never knew of Primus until Classics Cliffjumper told them about him, in which Primus was described to them as a benevolent creator.


I know Primus is multiversal and all, but I am missing why this is worth noting. Wouldn't Cliffjumper describe Primus as benevolent even if there was a badass SG Primus out there? Cliffjumper is describing beings as he knows them, from his slice of the multiverse....he would probably also describe any number of Autobots as benevolent even though they were not in SG.

But as I stated earlier, I may be missing the point of this "note".


Maybe this will shed some light: Nexus Maximus Prime reformated the dead SG Megatron into SG Galvatron with a fragment of Primus' power. This mirrors G1 Galvatron's creation by Unicron.


I didn't know/had forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder!
The point I was getting at is that Primus is good and Unicron is evil even in the Shatteredverse.
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 26300
News Credits: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby F Prime » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Motto: "math...thrash...Math....Thrash...MATH....THRASH..."
Weapon: No Weapon
Sabrblade wrote:
F Prime wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
F Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote: On a relate note, the SG Transformers never knew of Primus until Classics Cliffjumper told them about him, in which Primus was described to them as a benevolent creator.


I know Primus is multiversal and all, but I am missing why this is worth noting. Wouldn't Cliffjumper describe Primus as benevolent even if there was a badass SG Primus out there? Cliffjumper is describing beings as he knows them, from his slice of the multiverse....he would probably also describe any number of Autobots as benevolent even though they were not in SG.

But as I stated earlier, I may be missing the point of this "note".


Maybe this will shed some light: Nexus Maximus Prime reformated the dead SG Megatron into SG Galvatron with a fragment of Primus' power. This mirrors G1 Galvatron's creation by Unicron.


I didn't know/had forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder!
The point I was getting at is that Primus is good and Unicron is evil even in the Shatteredverse.


Yup, I knew that. I just don't think that Cliffjumper saying Primus is good offers any support for Primus being good. He would have said that anyway as he was speaking of "his" Primus. I know there is only one Primus, but I don't know if Cliffjumper caught that TFWiki entry. :)
Pi is exactly 3!
Image
User avatar
F Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 285
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 am

Re: BotCon 2012 Octopunch Image

Postby Tigertrack » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:06 am

Motto: "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Prime Evil wrote: I also like the fact that I won't have to worry about Hasbro making any SG figures and putting them to retail. Most people complain about their toys being exclusive, guess what, these are EXCLUSIVES that won't be seen in the mainline.


Except when the mainline figures get retconned into the fiction. Then HASBRO did unintentionally release them to retail.
User avatar
Tigertrack
God Of Transformers
Posts: 16329
News Credits: 85
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:08 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 Takara Victory Star Saber 100% Complete C-324 1989 Japanese &box - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 24 minutes 29 seconds
New Transformers Generations Autobot Jetfire Leader Class 30 Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 55 minutes 21 seconds
SDCC 2011 Hasbro Exclusive: Transformers Prime -OPTIMUS Prime First Edition, NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 57 minutes 41 seconds
#^t Transformers Energon Universe Cybertron Lot of 10 Figures swerve excellion - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 57 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Leader Class Metroplex Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 30 minutes 33 seconds
1985 Transformers G1 Dinobot Flamethrower SLAG - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 31 minutes 8 seconds
2009 Factory Sealed 25th Anniversary Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME G1 Reissue MIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 19 hours 17 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Cyclonus - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 17 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test