Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Stormrider » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
synapse wrote:I never thought I would ever feel like buying any BW related figures (well, except Lio Convoy if there was a REALLY good one for him, as I love his design), but I'm really digging both Waspinator and Rhinox.

Skids looks great, comic-accurate enough, I just hope it's not so tiny and "full of hollow" as recent Generations/FoC releases. I didn't buy a single official figure this year because of that :(

Doubledealer looks nice, just... not Doubledealer.


Am I the only one that thinks that Doubledealer would have made a better repaint as Overlord, just paint the jet black?
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8613
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Stormrider wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that Doubledealer would have made a better repaint as Overlord, just paint the jet black?
That mold would do Overlord some serious injustice.

But it is begging to be made into Flywheels. ;)
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18038
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Mindmaster » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Sabrblade wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that Doubledealer would have made a better repaint as Overlord, just paint the jet black?
That mold would do Overlord some serious injustice.

But it is begging to be made into Flywheels. ;)


I would have kinda liked to see it as Overlord, but I understand the injustices it would do for him.

But yeah, I'm still surprised they turned down an obvious Flywheels redeco for Doubledealer. Could even retain the head (face-changing gimmick would probably have to be a no-go).
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5665
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby padfoo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Weapon: Concussion Cannon
Rhinox looks great! :D
User avatar
padfoo
Fuzor
Posts: 218
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 9:47 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby leakin' lubricant » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:34 am

Motto: "Be Quick or Be Dead"
Weapon: Dual Laser Cannon
Am I the only one not feeling Cosmos? He looks a bit to gangly to me, also his fists look oversized.
Image
User avatar
leakin' lubricant
Pretender
Posts: 703
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:44 pm
Buy from leakin' lubricant on eBay

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:35 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
I saw Doubledealer and was really annoyed at the loss of the Decepticon beast mode, so I played around with Gen. Blitzwing some and came up with a kind of Gerwalk-type beast mode. I think it works OK and will work better because Generations Doubledealer has that awesome shark mouth and eyes painted on the nosecone. The main issue is the tiny wings. What do you guys think?

Image
Doubleclouder, pic from TF Wiki
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:44 am

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
I prefer the fanmade Penguin Mode instead. :P
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18038
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:45 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It looks okay, probably something I'd never come up with, but it's original

Personally, I'm not too bothered by Doubledealer's loss of his beast mode: the jet mode, in my opinion, makes up for it. It's especially a nice touch how they added the classic shark-face deco as an homage (sorta) to the bird mode.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5665
News Credits: 23
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:07 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Sabrblade wrote:I prefer the fanmade Penguin Mode instead. :P

LOL it does look a lot like a Penguin! Back to the drawing board I guess :-B
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:13 am

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
leakin' lubricant wrote:Am I the only one not feeling Cosmos? He looks a bit to gangly to me, also his fists look oversized.

He's not perfect but beats the iGear version with ease :)
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Stormrider » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:41 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Banjo-Tron wrote:I saw Doubledealer and was really annoyed at the loss of the Decepticon beast mode, so I played around with Gen. Blitzwing some and came up with a kind of Gerwalk-type beast mode. I think it works OK and will work better because Generations Doubledealer has that awesome shark mouth and eyes painted on the nosecone. The main issue is the tiny wings. What do you guys think?

Image
Doubleclouder, pic from TF Wiki
Image
Image
Image


Overall, I think it's the wrong mold for Doubledealer.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8613
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Dead Metal » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:07 am

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Banjo-Tron wrote:I saw Doubledealer and was really annoyed at the loss of the Decepticon beast mode, so I played around with Gen. Blitzwing some and came up with a kind of Gerwalk-type beast mode. I think it works OK and will work better because Generations Doubledealer has that awesome shark mouth and eyes painted on the nosecone. The main issue is the tiny wings. What do you guys think?

Image
Doubleclouder, pic from TF Wiki
Image
Image
Image

If that had feathered wings and a beak it would look like something official.
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13970
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:49 pm

Motto: "FOR THE EARTH!!!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I prefer the fanmade Penguin Mode instead. :P

LOL it does look a lot like a Penguin! Back to the drawing board I guess :-B
No, I meant I prefer the fanmade Penguin Mode instead of what you've got there.

This is Penguin Mode:

Image
If you've read Exodus, wanna read the War For Cybertron comic? PM me.
Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18038
News Credits: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Florida, the "Neglected" State
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Banjo-Tron » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:48 pm

Motto: "My banjo is everything; defeat is ukelele"
Sabrblade wrote:
Banjo-Tron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I prefer the fanmade Penguin Mode instead. :P

LOL it does look a lot like a Penguin! Back to the drawing board I guess :-B
No, I meant I prefer the fanmade Penguin Mode instead of what you've got there.

This is Penguin Mode:

Image

Ha ha, that's awesome!
User avatar
Banjo-Tron
Godmaster
Posts: 1690
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 am
Location: UK, Surrey

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby Dead Metal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:36 pm

Motto: "Don't do drugs, beer's cheaper anyway!"
Wow, looking at those pics, looks like Blitzwing is an awesomely complicated toy! :D
Image


Jeep! wrote:Why do I imagine Dead Metal sounding exactly like Arnie?
Intah-wib-buls?

Blurrz wrote:10/10

Leave it to Dead Metal to have the word 'Pronz' in his signature.
User avatar
Dead Metal
God Of Transformers
Posts: 13970
News Credits: 34
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 5:18 am

Re: BotCon 2013 Coverage: Transformers Generations on Display

Postby craggy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 pm

2nd penguin TF! nice.
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4733
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Previous

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014