Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Boundry lines

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Saber Prime » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:22 pm

To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.
Image
Saber Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:42 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28781
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Bluebullet » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:49 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?

Sure, Megatron was ALWAYS a vampire.
Bluebullet

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?

Sure, Megatron was ALWAYS a vampire.


Beast Machines. He stole sparks there, too.

C'mon, man. You think when they make an adaptation, they only take from one source?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28781
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Bluebullet » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?

Sure, Megatron was ALWAYS a vampire.


Beast Machines. He stole sparks there, too.

C'mon, man. You think when they make an adaptation, they only take from one source?

BM Megs ABSORBED sparks. Movie Megs rippes them out of transformers' carcasses and eats them with his mouth.
Bluebullet

Postby Shadowman » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?

Sure, Megatron was ALWAYS a vampire.


Beast Machines. He stole sparks there, too.

C'mon, man. You think when they make an adaptation, they only take from one source?

BM Megs ABSORBED sparks. Movie Megs rippes them out of transformers' carcasses and eats them with his mouth.


I fail to see the difference. They both take sparks into their bodies for their own gain.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28781
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby AbsumZer0 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:01 pm

I'm fine with changes that were made to adapt it to the medium. Updating the alt modes is fine. Practically everything Bay and the magazine articles have been saying 'the fans are upset with', I'm fine with.

What I'm not okay with are tha changes that were made simply for style purposes or simply to make the story work. Optimus being a complete flamer. Megatron and Starscream's appearances.

-SPOILERS-

Bumblebee being a mute. Cybertron having exploded. Spike being renamed. Magic glasses. A cube that turns electronic devices into mini robots (how's that for 'realism'?). Spark eating. The Decepticons being inherently evil 'creatures of chaos'. Comet modes.

-END SPOILERS-

Instead of a film about the established characters and canon we expect to see in a Transformers film it's as if they wrote a film about 2 factions of a warring alien race coming to Earth and then took bits and pieces of Transformers, twisted them, and pasted them into the script. I know it's been said a million times before but it's true: if not for the names and Optimus Prime being recognizable this could just as easily be a Go-Bots movie.
AbsumZer0
Pretender
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:15 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?

Sure, Megatron was ALWAYS a vampire.


Beast Machines. He stole sparks there, too.

C'mon, man. You think when they make an adaptation, they only take from one source?

BM Megs ABSORBED sparks. Movie Megs rippes them out of transformers' carcasses and eats them with his mouth.


I fail to see the difference. They both take sparks into their bodies for their own gain.

But BM Megs wasn't the Decepticon Megs, therefore different characters. Also, Transformers is aimed at kids. Movie "Megatron" defacing a body by tearing open a Transformers chest and eating their "heart" or "soul" isn't Megatron at all and was added for no reason. Plus a ton of parents won't let their kids buy or watch Transformers after that R performance. If you claim the movie "megatron"'s act of violent R-rated vamirism is pulled directly from any Transformers series or storyline, let alone any version of Megatron, then you need to re-watch every TV show and re-read every comic.
Bluebullet

Postby Fender Bender » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:47 pm

Motto: "Whatever doesn't kill me will pay for it's failure."
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:To be more spacific with my question I'll use examples from other movies.

Spider-man was a change from the source material but all that really changed about him was he no longer has mechanical web shooters. That's acceptible to me.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy however took Zaphod and removed everything about him that I liked. Not acceptible!

In my mind from everything I've heard about this movie so far Transformers is going down the Hitchhiker's guide path and removing everything I liked about the original Transformers.


Like what? The cheesy '80s kids show plots?

Or the characters, which are kept mostly intact?

Sure, Megatron was ALWAYS a vampire.


Beast Machines. He stole sparks there, too.

C'mon, man. You think when they make an adaptation, they only take from one source?

BM Megs ABSORBED sparks. Movie Megs rippes them out of transformers' carcasses and eats them with his mouth.


I fail to see the difference. They both take sparks into their bodies for their own gain.

But BM Megs wasn't the Decepticon Megs, therefore different characters. Also, Transformers is aimed at kids. Movie "Megatron" defacing a body by tearing open a Transformers chest and eating their "heart" or "soul" isn't Megatron at all and was added for no reason. Plus a ton of parents won't let their kids buy or watch Transformers after that R performance. If you claim the movie "megatron"'s act of violent R-rated vamirism is pulled directly from any Transformers series or storyline, let alone any version of Megatron, then you need to re-watch every TV show and re-read every comic.


Movie Megatron is G1 Megatron and G1 Ratbat combined. :P
Image
Fender Bender
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6444
News Credits: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Spencer, WI
Buy from Fender Bender on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Shadowman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:39 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bluebullet wrote:But BM Megs wasn't the Decepticon Megs, therefore different characters. Also, Transformers is aimed at kids. Movie "Megatron" defacing a body by tearing open a Transformers chest and eating their "heart" or "soul" isn't Megatron at all and was added for no reason. Plus a ton of parents won't let their kids buy or watch Transformers after that R performance. If you claim the movie "megatron"'s act of violent R-rated vamirism is pulled directly from any Transformers series or storyline, let alone any version of Megatron, then you need to re-watch every TV show and re-read every comic.


In Armada, Wheeljack shot Hot Shot at point blank range.

In Rebirth, Daniel got seriously effed up by one of the Decepticons, and almost died.

In RiD, Galvatron tried to kill every child on the planet.

And you're mad because Megatron is doing spark extraction?
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28781
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Bluebullet » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:20 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:But BM Megs wasn't the Decepticon Megs, therefore different characters. Also, Transformers is aimed at kids. Movie "Megatron" defacing a body by tearing open a Transformers chest and eating their "heart" or "soul" isn't Megatron at all and was added for no reason. Plus a ton of parents won't let their kids buy or watch Transformers after that R performance. If you claim the movie "megatron"'s act of violent R-rated vamirism is pulled directly from any Transformers series or storyline, let alone any version of Megatron, then you need to re-watch every TV show and re-read every comic.


In Armada, Wheeljack shot Hot Shot at point blank range.

In Rebirth, Daniel got seriously effed up by one of the Decepticons, and almost died.

In RiD, Galvatron tried to kill every child on the planet.

And you're mad because Megatron is doing spark extraction?

Point blank isn't that bad. A shot anywhere in Transformers is fine. Daniel wasn't brutally mauled. I haven't been able to find all of the RID episodes, but I'm sure he didn't plan to rip out their hearts and eat them. Movie "Megatron" isn't doing "spark extraction", he's ripping open Transformers and eating them with his mouth. Nothing you listed is a bad as that.
Bluebullet

Postby Shadowman » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:04 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:But BM Megs wasn't the Decepticon Megs, therefore different characters. Also, Transformers is aimed at kids. Movie "Megatron" defacing a body by tearing open a Transformers chest and eating their "heart" or "soul" isn't Megatron at all and was added for no reason. Plus a ton of parents won't let their kids buy or watch Transformers after that R performance. If you claim the movie "megatron"'s act of violent R-rated vamirism is pulled directly from any Transformers series or storyline, let alone any version of Megatron, then you need to re-watch every TV show and re-read every comic.


In Armada, Wheeljack shot Hot Shot at point blank range.

In Rebirth, Daniel got seriously effed up by one of the Decepticons, and almost died.

In RiD, Galvatron tried to kill every child on the planet.

And you're mad because Megatron is doing spark extraction?

Point blank isn't that bad. A shot anywhere in Transformers is fine. Daniel wasn't brutally mauled. I haven't been able to find all of the RID episodes, but I'm sure he didn't plan to rip out their hearts and eat them. Movie "Megatron" isn't doing "spark extraction", he's ripping open Transformers and eating them with his mouth. Nothing you listed is a bad as that.


It really only counts as "Bad" if there's blood. I don't think Transformers bleed.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28781
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby Bluebullet » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Bluebullet wrote:But BM Megs wasn't the Decepticon Megs, therefore different characters. Also, Transformers is aimed at kids. Movie "Megatron" defacing a body by tearing open a Transformers chest and eating their "heart" or "soul" isn't Megatron at all and was added for no reason. Plus a ton of parents won't let their kids buy or watch Transformers after that R performance. If you claim the movie "megatron"'s act of violent R-rated vamirism is pulled directly from any Transformers series or storyline, let alone any version of Megatron, then you need to re-watch every TV show and re-read every comic.


In Armada, Wheeljack shot Hot Shot at point blank range.

In Rebirth, Daniel got seriously effed up by one of the Decepticons, and almost died.

In RiD, Galvatron tried to kill every child on the planet.

And you're mad because Megatron is doing spark extraction?

Point blank isn't that bad. A shot anywhere in Transformers is fine. Daniel wasn't brutally mauled. I haven't been able to find all of the RID episodes, but I'm sure he didn't plan to rip out their hearts and eat them. Movie "Megatron" isn't doing "spark extraction", he's ripping open Transformers and eating them with his mouth. Nothing you listed is a bad as that.


It really only counts as "Bad" if there's blood. I don't think Transformers bleed.

Knowing how bad this movie is, they probably will.
Bluebullet

Postby Saber Prime » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 pm

1. Where does it say anywhere that Cybertron no longer exsists in the movie? Suposidly it was in the leaked script but I didn't see anything in there where it said "Cybertron blew up"

2. Megatron's spark eating was an idea taken from Beast Machines Megatron, there's no difference.

3. Spark eating isn't nearly as bad as killing Bambie's mother or all the sexual refrences I've seen being made in kids movies. (Mulan comes to mind.)

4. From what I read out of the script movie Starscream is nothing like any other Starscream. There's nothing in there to indicate he wants to be the leader of the Decepticons.

Bumblebee, the only thing that's the same about him is he's yellow and he spends the most time with Spike. Everything elce about his character, his overall look, his personality, ect. are all different.

I don't care that he's a Camero insted of a VW that doesn't really change his character any. What does change his character is he looks like Robospion and can't speak.

Movie Starscream and Bumblebee are about as much like their G1 selfs as Energon Ironhide is to G1 Ironhide. (G1 Ironhide being allmost as old as Optimus Prime and in just as many battles and Energon Ironhide being a teenage rookie Optimus Prime barely even notices)

The movie Transformers are just as screwed up as Zaphod. I wouldn't even be suprised if the person who came up with the idea for Zaphod's flip head allso did the movie designs for the Transformers.
Image
Saber Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Postby AbsumZer0 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:44 pm

Saber Prime wrote:The movie Transformers are just as screwed up as Zaphod. I wouldn't even be suprised if the person who came up with the idea for Zaphod's flip head allso did the movie designs for the Transformers.


Just so you know, that very well could have been Douglas Adams himself. He worked closely with the production staff and wrote the screenplay himself (which is why so many people were shocked at how much it deviated from the novel and television mini-series).
AbsumZer0
Pretender
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:13 pm

Postby Predaprince » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Saber Prime wrote:2. Megatron's spark eating was an idea taken from Beast Machines Megatron, there's no difference.


BM Megatron does NOT eat sparks. He removes them and imprisons them because they represent the individualism of TFs that he dislikes. That is a lot different than being a spark vampire that needs to eat sparks to survive.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby Bluebullet » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:01 pm

Predaprince wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:2. Megatron's spark eating was an idea taken from Beast Machines Megatron, there's no difference.


BM Megatron does NOT eat sparks. He removes them and imprisons them because they represent the individualism of TFs that he dislikes. That is a lot different than being a spark vampire that needs to eat sparks to survive.

Finally! Someone who understands me!
Bluebullet

Postby D-340 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:18 pm

Meh, it really doesn't bother me much. The TF's story has been story has been changed so much, it just seems inevitable. I'm not happy with Meg's and Screamer's designs, but if they work on film I'm sold.

On the Megatron debate, he seems like a very violent version of his BM self. So yeah, I can see him eating sparks instead of just absorbing them.
Image

"Consider the knowledge dropped."
From ToplessRobot.com:• "Watching Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is marginally better than sh***ing your pants, but it takes a lot longer." Very well put.
D-340
Gestalt
Posts: 2096
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:08 am
Location: Joliet, Il.

Postby Myriagon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Bluebullet wrote:The only change I can accept is Megatron being a jet. I just wish the jet wasn't the definition of suck.


lol quoted 4 d3h truth!!!
Myriagon
Vehicon
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:22 pm

Postby Head Shot » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:44 am

I'm fine with alot of the things the magazines have said the fans have complained about. The flames on prime don't bother me because the two colors they used were red and blue, prime's famous colors.

I don't have a problem with megatron not being a gun. I just wish that the jet they picked for him to be wasn't so bad looking, and would have rather seen him as a tank, and retain alittle bit of his blockyness, while still having complicated parts on him.

I'm totally fine with updates to alt modes, as long as they make sense. For instance: bumblebee from a vw bug, to a helicopter is something I'd be against, however in this movie he's still a yellow car, just not a vw bug, so thats okay.

I'm totally fine with changes to the characters appearance as long as a large portion still resembles them. For instance: every character from g1 as they were portrayed in the Warwithin Series. That was great, because they still very much so looked like their g1 counterparts, but at the same time had a whole new look to them. Very well executed I must say.

:-x Heres what I can't stand:

-Starscreams bot mode (honestly that thing isn't screamer, its BM waspinator, or just a vehicular update to waspinator)

-bumblebee being a mute (wtf is the purpose of this? dumbest idea I've heard in awhile)

-A large portion of movie meg's design. sure they've improved it a few times, but it just doesn't sit well with me as a tf design.

-The vampire thing with megatron. Kinda lame, seriously, robo-dracula. Think about it...

-ironhide not being red (but oh well, this one isn't all that bad, and I can understand why they went with a different color. At least his design is pretty decent)

-Rachet's face, and colors. Seriously, this guy is a squished and mangled tennis ball. Give me that other rachet design we saw instead. Much better looking.

-scorponok. sure he'll make for some awesome scenes in the movie, but I just don't understand how a helicopter and a scorpion go together. Plus scorponok is supposedly just a drone? Eh, interesting, but why not make him an actual character?

-Frenzy. I probably don't even need to describe how ****** this design is let alone, how easy it would be for him to die in the movie. Seriously... he's practically as thin as a twig.

and thats about the major things I dislike. I'll admit I would have liked to see another g1 movie, but I also understand some of the reasons why it wouldn't work very well. (At some point though, I'd sorta like to see another tf movie made from a cartoon. Hell how awesome would it be to see a beast wars movie? Just a thought :D )
Head Shot
Godmaster
Posts: 1895
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:03 pm

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:53 pm

Obviously you didn't see all of Beast Machines. Yes he does eat Sparks, I watched that entire series, you sound like you only watched the first season. :lol:
Image
Saber Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Postby Saber Prime » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:04 pm

AbsumZer0 wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:The movie Transformers are just as screwed up as Zaphod. I wouldn't even be suprised if the person who came up with the idea for Zaphod's flip head allso did the movie designs for the Transformers.


Just so you know, that very well could have been Douglas Adams himself. He worked closely with the production staff and wrote the screenplay himself (which is why so many people were shocked at how much it deviated from the novel and television mini-series).


They been working on that project for alot of years before it finnally came out into a crap movie then because Douglas Adams died long before the finished product ever came out.

I need to go find my Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to find out exactly what year he died but I'm sure he wasn't even alive to see most of the movie being made.

Even if all the changes were in fact his idea 100% that would actully make me feel worse about the movie because that means it's own creator ruined it.

That would be like Stan Lee rewrighting Spider-man himself so that his webs will now come out his butt and his suit is made from tarantula hair.
Image
Saber Prime
City Commander
Posts: 3239
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:03 pm

Postby Shadowman » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Saber Prime wrote:
AbsumZer0 wrote:
Saber Prime wrote:The movie Transformers are just as screwed up as Zaphod. I wouldn't even be suprised if the person who came up with the idea for Zaphod's flip head allso did the movie designs for the Transformers.


Just so you know, that very well could have been Douglas Adams himself. He worked closely with the production staff and wrote the screenplay himself (which is why so many people were shocked at how much it deviated from the novel and television mini-series).


They been working on that project for alot of years before it finnally came out into a crap movie then because Douglas Adams died long before the finished product ever came out.

I need to go find my Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to find out exactly what year he died but I'm sure he wasn't even alive to see most of the movie being made.

Even if all the changes were in fact his idea 100% that would actully make me feel worse about the movie because that means it's own creator ruined it.


Nope, the whole story with Humma Kavula and the POV Gun were Adams' ideas. He actually wrote Humma Kavula specifically for John Malcovich.

He died in 2001, by the way.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28781
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Postby NightFall » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:41 pm

Wait, hold up...Starscream's face was fixed?? He doesn't look like a monkey orge? :shock:

Not trying to be funny, I kept hearing this, but I see nothing changed.
Image
NightFall
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:13 pm

Postby Predaprince » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:10 pm

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
Saber Prime wrote:Obviously you didn't see all of Beast Machines. Yes he does eat Sparks, I watched that entire series, you sound like you only watched the first season. :lol:


Then, where in the series does it show BM Megs eating sparks?

He holds them captive even at the very last episode of the series.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Next

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014