Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Moderators: Psychout, Burn, Sustain, crazyfists

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Name_Violation » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
wow gs way to be a dbag. just because you can powergame doesn't give you a right to sit around insulting people

momma used to say "if you cant say something nice keep your mouth shut before someone slaps you".

I'm not trying to start something with you, just sayin quit actin like a jerk. :lol:
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9438
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Psychout » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:57 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Thats enough now, keep the discussions civil.
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Galvatron Supreme » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:02 pm

Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Name_Violation wrote:wow gs way to be a dbag. just because you can powergame doesn't give you a right to sit around insulting people

momma used to say "if you cant say something nice keep your mouth shut before someone slaps you".

I'm not trying to start something with you, just sayin quit actin like a jerk. :lol:



Do you even read the threads or are you just yet another one of those "follow GS around and slam everything he says or does" types? If you are a member of the latter, please, take a number and stand in line. lol

Since you obviously missed it:

Absolute Zero wrote:If those two candy ass losers get one, I should. I'm not going to bother posting links, I think my prowess should speak for itself.



That was trolling/Flaming. Pointing out the obvious is neither insulting, douchebaggy nor jerky. :grin:
User avatar
Galvatron Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 728
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:02 pm
Buy from Galvatron Supreme on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Galvatron Supreme wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:So.. I do what GS did, and it's considered spam? That's pretty **** arsed up right there.


Actually, your first post was simply trolling/flaming. It became spam after you continued on with your BS after you were warned by multiple people (Jeep! & Mogwai).


Why don't you try reading before you start typing.

Absolute Zero wrote:If all I have to do is do what GS did and post a team link and say, "I've killed them all." Then by now, I've killed all of The Pack In the last week alone I've killed 10 members of it.

Raphael Prime's team has felt my wrath, as has Nickolai's, and all of the other low level Autobots that were sacrifised to the Predacons so that Denny didn't have to face Loki/Merc.


Galvatron Supreme wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:If those two candy ass losers get one, I should. I'm not going to bother posting links, I think my prowess should speak for itself.



Pointing out the obvious is neither insulting, douchebaggy nor jerky. :grin:


Oh yeah... forgot you're one of the ones who can't take a joke. *thumbs up*
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Redimus GTS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Psychout wrote:Thats enough now, keep the discussions civil.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Psychout » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
:BOOM:
You wanna know why GS was awarded his Licence stright away? He already had nearly 20 kills on neliz from after the log wipe, which included his entire team.

When everyone else has a full team of kill's they'll qualify, but until then you'll have to collect kills just like everyone else.

The log wipe was a pain in the ass and came at a terrible time, but we cant do anything about it, and the complaining is pissing us off when were trying to run a game for everyone.

edit: thanks red.
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Jeep? » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Galvatron Supreme wrote:
Absolute Zero wrote:So.. I do what GS did, and it's considered spam? That's pretty **** arsed up right there.


Actually, your first post was simply trolling/flaming. It became spam after you continued on with your BS after you were warned by multiple people (Jeep! & Mogwai).


I got this covered, there's no need to troll anyone into responding to you after a moderator has already given the orders. Another attack on a poster here will be strike number three (with AZ and Name_Violation being one and two), and with strike number three comes official warning number one and a dirty big lock for this thread.
Show some decorum, lads. This is the bounty hunt discussion thread. Discuss the bounty hunting or I'm going to have to go drinking.
Founding member of the RDD
Member of the 100% Strafe Club (Pre-Reset)
Interviewed by Kamijin
Toy reviews: Snapdragon|Octopunch


Image

Omega Sentinel wrote:Man that's the truth. I hate that OS guy.
Jeep?
HMW Moderator
Posts: 7663
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:12 pm
Location: Cursing at ignorant strangers with terrible pronunciation, Sawyers Deli, Fountain Street, Belfast

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Venomous Prime » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Fearless Echoes wrote:I have the album that song is off, and it's not only neck and neck with Korn's Another Brick in the Wall set as best Pink Floyd cover EVAR, but it is easily the best song on that album, and by proxie (cuase I dont know any other Kittie stuff) the best song Kittie has ever done!


Class of 99's cover of Another Brick in the Wall is so much better!

and about scalping, has the question about whether someone has a full team or not been answered?

It seems like every kill I get is from someone who doesn't have 12 members
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Jeep? » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:25 pm

original sin wrote:
Fearless Echoes wrote:I have the album that song is off, and it's not only neck and neck with Korn's Another Brick in the Wall set as best Pink Floyd cover EVAR, but it is easily the best song on that album, and by proxie (cuase I dont know any other Kittie stuff) the best song Kittie has ever done!


Class of 99's cover of Another Brick in the Wall is so much better!

and about scalping, has the question about whether someone has a full team or not been answered?

It seems like every kill I get is from someone who doesn't have 12 members


In that situation, my answer would be to kill the whole team, and then enough additional kills on the team to make 12 kills.
Founding member of the RDD
Member of the 100% Strafe Club (Pre-Reset)
Interviewed by Kamijin
Toy reviews: Snapdragon|Octopunch


Image

Omega Sentinel wrote:Man that's the truth. I hate that OS guy.
Jeep?
HMW Moderator
Posts: 7663
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:12 pm
Location: Cursing at ignorant strangers with terrible pronunciation, Sawyers Deli, Fountain Street, Belfast

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Redimus GTS » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
original sin wrote:Class of 99's cover of Another Brick in the Wall is so much better


Linkie?
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Venomous Prime » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:33 pm

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Fearless Echoes wrote:
original sin wrote:Class of 99's cover of Another Brick in the Wall is so much better


Linkie?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISoH0oh7XLo

wow, the quality of the sound is a little off. Next time I'm on MSN i'll send you the song

Layne Staley>>>Jon Davis


Jeep? wrote:
original sin wrote:
Fearless Echoes wrote:I have the album that song is off, and it's not only neck and neck with Korn's Another Brick in the Wall set as best Pink Floyd cover EVAR, but it is easily the best song on that album, and by proxie (cuase I dont know any other Kittie stuff) the best song Kittie has ever done!


Class of 99's cover of Another Brick in the Wall is so much better!

and about scalping, has the question about whether someone has a full team or not been answered?

It seems like every kill I get is from someone who doesn't have 12 members


In that situation, my answer would be to kill the whole team, and then enough additional kills on the team to make 12 kills.


Alright, thanks :D
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Bounty Hunters? Now is your time!

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:10 am

Never mind. I have no further interst in the endeavor of bounty hunting. This is yet another way to exclude the Predacon and Maximal players. As it is at least 3-4 times harder for us to land an entire team from another faction as it is for the Bots and Cons. Combine that with people getting them right off the bat for their past deeds instead of having a fair challenge for everyone. If mission logs that no longer exist would count then every action Predacon player would be a Bounty Hunter several times over from wiping out Autobot players and teams by the handfuls.
Last edited by Loki God Of Mischief on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Bounty Hunters? Now is your time!

Postby Mogwai Prime » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:36 am

Motto: "Live Free or Die!!!"
Weapon: Radar-Targeting Electron Assault Rifle
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:Consider this my application as a hunter. I'll be editing this until I'm accepted just so I can publicly keep track of who I'm killing. I'm a showboat like that. Anyway this won't be every kill I make. Just the ones on worthy foes. No one under my level will be counted. So don't take offense, I don't want to clutter this list with weaklings.


I highly recommend that you read the rules concerning qualification as a hunter. You will save yourself a lot of work posting and editing if you do this.

On a side note I know that there are plenty of people that want to be hunters. Trying to make the people running the tourney conform to your wants will probably not work. Please follow the guidelines laid out by the Tournament Rules.
Image
Have you had your Seibergasm today?
User avatar
Mogwai Prime
Godmaster
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:42 am
Location: Kamiah, ID, USA
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters? Now is your time!

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:18 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:Never mind. I have no further interst in the endeavor of bounty hunting. This is yet another way to exclude the Predacon and Maximal players. As it is at least 3-4 times harder for us to land an entire team from another faction as it is for the Bots and Cons. Combine that with people getting them right off the bat for their past deeds instead of having a fair challenge for everyone. If mission logs that no longer exist would count then every action Predacon player would be a Bounty Hunter several times over from wiping out Autobot players and teams by the handfuls.


yeah the odds are against us but whatever. if i cant do it within a few days i'll slag the idea myself. the hardest part is to get people to throw EVERY bot in a pred mission. i've noticed most people have 1 or 2 they won't fight us with. While it would have been nice to start fresh and let us know we're trying out for this before hand , just so i could claim a few kills since the reset without searching tens of mission logs and tracking down individuals teams, stuff happens.

whatever, if i get it I get it, if i don't then I'll complainbut probably only to myself so the mods don't get all upset

It does seem like it would be fun to do but the smaller factions are getting the shaft imho.

Oh well doesn't hurt to try
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9438
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:36 am

Oh for fudge sakes.

How about you two stop your crying long enough and maybe post some alternatives? You know, something that might actually HELP?
Oh no! I've done gone and gotten all upset!
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37716
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:58 am

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Burn wrote:Oh for fudge sakes.

How about you two stop your crying long enough and maybe post some alternatives? You know, something that might actually HELP?
Oh no! I've done gone and gotten all upset!


Actually, it was agreed that there should be a special tournie/hunt for the first batch of licenses, not just handing them out to whomever scalps a full twelve of anyone, which is why I was under the impression it was going to be going off the individual scores in Tammuz's hunt (since you know, Psychout kinda said something like yes when asked about that on the thread in the tournie forum), then after that, you had to scalp twelve members of a already licensed hunters team.
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Name_Violation » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:27 am

Motto: "It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
Weapon: Multi-Function Sword
Burn wrote:Oh for fudge sakes.

How about you two stop your crying long enough and maybe post some alternatives? You know, something that might actually HELP?
Oh no! I've done gone and gotten all upset!


if there WERE any alternative id do it, but the mods have decided thats how its going to be done so i'm trying my darnedist. does any one else have an idea?

how about we start an illegal bounty hunting crew and put ourselves on the line? we gotta pay going scalp rates on ourselves if you can take us out while in the process of collecting a bounty? i mean my liscence to drive has been revoked, but my car still starts and when i got caught drivin i got a ticet so whats stopping us from collecting bounties without a liscence with the penalty we'd have to pay a fine? you just gotta catch us but its still an option

we're just trying to have some fun without buerocracy getting in the way :P
Image
Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids :KREMZEEK:
People wrote:zombybunnie: N_V scares me...I no longer wish that my pants transformed
Burn:Anyone notice how much of a boring party pooper N_V is? He doesn't join in the fun, he's spent the last few years with dodgy builds feeding XP to the Autobots, and he sure as heck doesn't spam.
disruptor96: I forgot how insane you were.
User avatar
Name_Violation
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9438
News Credits: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: Location, Location
Intelligence: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:29 am

And obviously the plan changed.

Now, you can continue to live in the past and cry about things, OR, you could actually offer up some suggestions on how to help out those in the smaller factions.

Name_Violation wrote:if there WERE any alternative id do it, but the mods have decided thats how its going to be done so i'm trying my darnedist. does any one else have an idea?


Wow, thank you so much for basically saying the Mods aren't open to changes.

The fact that I even asked means what to you exactly then?
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37716
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Psychout » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:30 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Absolute Zero wrote:
Burn wrote:Oh for fudge sakes.

How about you two stop your crying long enough and maybe post some alternatives? You know, something that might actually HELP?
Oh no! I've done gone and gotten all upset!


Actually, it was agreed that there should be a special tournie/hunt for the first batch of licenses, not just handing them out to whomever scalps a full twelve of anyone, which is why I was under the impression it was going to be going off the individual scores in Tammuz's hunt (since you know, Psychout kinda said something like yes when asked about that on the thread in the tournie forum), then after that, you had to scalp twelve members of a already licensed hunters team.

Yes, that hunt was the scalphunt that Tammuz organised.

I had it all sorted with T that the game would pick up when the hunt was over, but the log wipe fucked it all up, so I moved the schedule forwards to try and keep you all playing. I awarded a licence to neliz for his collection of Reds team (as I cross checked it personally when it was finished) to kick the game off with a bang, and I awarded GS a licence as he had already collected a full team since the log wipe.
Anyone else who completes a team will get the same when they apply.

Yes, its changed from the original plan but I had no choice. To publicly announce 2 days after its started that you wont be joining in is a bit hasty dont you think?

Just because the game has changed slightly does not mean you are being excluded. Besides, as it currently stands, even if the log wipe didnt happen no one apart from maybe Electron qualifies for a licence, even you still only have 10 (edit:sorry 11) of psychomuds team.

Any other ideas we had for awarding them now cant be used as you guys have caused so much of a fuss. Did it not occur to you to contact us privately about this?


Yes, this is my screw-up, I had to move fast and you guys have blocked me. So, where do we go now?
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:39 am

Burn wrote:And obviously the plan changed.

Now, you can continue to live in the past and cry about things, OR, you could actually offer up some suggestions on how to help out those in the smaller factions.

Name_Violation wrote:if there WERE any alternative id do it, but the mods have decided thats how its going to be done so i'm trying my darnedist. does any one else have an idea?


Wow, thank you so much for basically saying the Mods aren't open to changes.

The fact that I even asked means what to you exactly then?


Perfect solution:

Nuke the Predacon and Maximal factions. Then reintegrate them with their "main" faction. Why am I of all people advocating this? Seeing as how I'm a major player in the Preds and I'd be barely a blip in the Cons?

Simply put the Secondary factionss aren't viable. We're practically a secondary class here. We had to beg for the option for new players to choose our sides when they start. Those that did still don't have board access, so co-ordination is an exercise in frustration and futility. It really says something when one of the Predacon Mods doesn't even have access to the Predacon forums. If the staff won't even support the existence of the secondary factions and the rules for this game went from achievable for the best of each faction to just everyone from the Bots and Cons only well that's fucked up.

There's no way it's not. And to be honest this is probably the first time I'm close to losing my cool about something here. So I'm just going to walk away from the forums before I get myself a warning.

Here's a real challenge for you though. I'd lay a wager on the fact that there won't be more then 5 Maximals AND Predacons that make the cut within the next two weeks. I'll leave it up to the rest of the Predacons or Maximals to prove me wrong. But by my estimation you'll have 10 Autobots/Decepticons by the end of the week.

Yeah and here's the other thing. If Electron's the only one that should qualify for a license why does he not have one? And why do other people have them? Like I said earlier. If people want to prove my point wrong let them. But I won't be doing it.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:15 am

Loki God Of Mischief wrote:If the staff won't even support the existence of the secondary factions


We don't do what now?

and the rules for this game went from achievable for the best of each faction to just everyone from the Bots and Cons only well that's **** up.


Here's the thing, I went back and re-read that 10 page discussion regarding ideas for implementing this bounty hunting scheme. 10 pages of which YOU participated.

There was only ever ONE mention (from Psychout) of what would be required to obtain a license (a 12 team claim). Not one person cottoned onto that little fact and discussed it.

So again I ask, if 12 members of a team is too difficult, what WOULD be a good criteria for the Beast factions?

I mean come on guys, i'm asking for your feedback here and i've gotten nothing but snide remarks bordering on insults and threats of walking away.

You want the staff to help you? Then help us to help you! We could change things up, but it may not work and then we'd be met with even more crying from you guys. So give us your suggestions so we can work something out for this Bounty Hunting scheme.
(And amalgamating the factions isn't an option)
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37716
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:18 am

Burn wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:If the staff won't even support the existence of the secondary factions


We don't do what now?

and the rules for this game went from achievable for the best of each faction to just everyone from the Bots and Cons only well that's **** up.


Here's the thing, I went back and re-read that 10 page discussion regarding ideas for implementing this bounty hunting scheme. 10 pages of which YOU participated.

There was only ever ONE mention (from Psychout) of what would be required to obtain a license (a 12 team claim). Not one person cottoned onto that little fact and discussed it.

So again I ask, if 12 members of a team is too difficult, what WOULD be a good criteria for the Beast factions?

I mean come on guys, i'm asking for your feedback here and i've gotten nothing but snide remarks bordering on insults and threats of walking away.

You want the staff to help you? Then help us to help you! We could change things up, but it may not work and then we'd be met with even more crying from you guys. So give us your suggestions so we can work something out for this Bounty Hunting scheme.
(And amalgamating the factions isn't an option)


Get used to 90% Bot and Con Bounty Hunters then.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Psychout » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:23 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Loki, if you don't want to compete we wont force you.

I'm sorry you are upset at how I initiated this game, but under the circumstances there was little else I could do. I have explained my actions and will not do so again.

If you do fancy joining in at any point you will always be welcome, as will any player of HMW regardless of faction, but for now let the hunt continue...
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Absolute Zero » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:28 am

Weapon: Viper Pistol
Is it really that hard to see a simple solution? And no, this isn't spam or flaming/trolling.

1st: Why the rush?
2nd: Big deal the logs got wiped. It's not that bad actually. It's not "Oh my god! The world's going to end! Get to the bomb shelters!" The logs being wiped shouldn't matter.
3rd: The solution is so simple, I'm actually kind of surprised no one else has posted it.

If a special hunt was to determine who got a license and who didn't, then why not just run a special hunt for the licenses? 7 day spree. Top 3 killers of each faction gets a license. I'm only suggesting on the numbers, 7 is a full week, and 3x4=12, which is a full team. I like numbers that relate to something else, and I think it's fair to all four factions to be represented.

For rules, I'd either go with only signed up people count, or, since not all hunters really give a damn about colateral damage, all kills count. If it's only sign-up kills that count, I suggest counting arena kills too, since hunters may be required to stalk their prey into the arena, they should have to show their prowess in one on one battles as well.

Now, where's my cookie.

And not for the part of this not related and me replying is kinda like playing a brit in CoD. Annoying as hell. Laggy arse bastardos.

Burn wrote:
Loki God Of Mischief wrote:If the staff won't even support the existence of the secondary factions


We don't do what now?

and the rules for this game went from achievable for the best of each faction to just everyone from the Bots and Cons only well that's **** up.


Here's the thing, I went back and re-read that 10 page discussion regarding ideas for implementing this bounty hunting scheme. 10 pages of which YOU participated.

There was only ever ONE mention (from Psychout) of what would be required to obtain a license (a 12 team claim). Not one person cottoned onto that little fact and discussed it.


I couldn't be arsed to go read through 10 pages of posts while I was shooting british children in their faces, what's up with them anyway? Letting little girls (or atleast they sounded like little girls) playing a M rated game. Don't you guys have standards? Shouldn't they be at school by now too?

Back on track! If you're going to reference something, you need to reference it in context, and not just pull part of it out. I expect better from you Burn. If I recall correctly, and I normally do, Psychout said the second+ round of licenses would be awarded to those who scalped the entire team of licensed hunters. Which is fair, I think, and balanced. Yes, Preds and Maximals will have a hard time scalping a full Bot or Con team, however, there'd be no issues between the two really. The numbers are a little closer (I believe it's 2:1 for Maxies, opposed to 5:1 for Bot vs Pred). It also gives you a specific target, instead of say me going and scalping a team full of level 0s with no upgrades. Just going "Scalp any 12 members of any team" is going to make actually playing the game a chore and a half for anyone who actually wants a license. They'd have to make their own threads tracking each and every kill from every single mission, trying to find out who they got and if they've gotten any one else from that team before. Does that sound fun to you?
Image
Sig by Dragonslayer

Warrior's Code wrote:You're the fighter you've got the fire
The spirit of a warrior, the champion's heart
You fight for your life because the fighter never quits
You make the most of the hand you're dealt
Because the quitter never wins

SPL Round 1: Second Place
Autbot Treasure Hunt: Winner
Hunt the Renegades: Winner

Dead in One-XBLive
Shinobiusagi-PSN
Absolute Zero
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5109
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:47 pm
Location: Burn's lawn
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 2
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 1
Courage: 10
Firepower: 1
Skill: 3

Re: Bounty Hunters; The discussion/chatter/questions thread

Postby Psychout » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:49 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Oh sure, Im off for New Years in 10 mins so you chose now to suggest the brilliant idea? :lol: :P


7 day spree. Top 3 killers of each faction gets a license.
I totally love this idea, but how about we make it the top 33% of each faction's members that enter, rounded up? (i.e. if 12 cons sign up, 4 licences will be available... ) That way it remains proportional and it gives you smaller guys the incentive to sign up more of your faction...?
Just a thought.

Ill leave the for the floor to discuss whilst I'm away though, just keep it pleasant please - were all here to play the same game... 8)


AZ wrote:Don't you guys have standards? Shouldn't they be at school by now too?
Nah, they'd only burn it down. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11512
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

PreviousNext

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014