Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:17 am

9th of December:
Found two sets of data discs at Toys R Us for $14.99 with 25% off. They didn't scan at the register, but i still got my discount.

*****


I can't get this song out of my head either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGRSYlAD5c
I'm going through an Orson Welles phase.
Last edited by Breakdown 2099 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:36 pm

10th of December:
Still waiting on a reply to my email from BBTS. Been a week since I sent it, these guys must be in the business of not making money. Slightly frustrated at that. Got some more TFs in today: Prime Cyberverse Commander Series 1. Wow, are we in the stone age?
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 am

11th of December
Finally got a new wave of TF's in today, Legion class Prime figures. Shame I'd already bought them 5 weeks ago off BBTS. That reminds me, they still haven't replied. Time to send them another email, me thinks. Bought a second Breakdown today. I quite like these little guys, there's something about them that has me preferring them over their larger namesakes. I also had Flamewar in my hands, but decided against her, the colors just didn't do it for me. The sushi I had for lunch wasn't very nice.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:22 pm

15th of December:
BBTS has replied and the problem is fixed, so I'm all smiles again. Kmart has raised it's prices on deluxe figures from $23.75 to $25. Sneaky, very sneaky. Let's hope they don't go down the way of TRU and ask for $30,that's US $31.70 a figure.
I'm also contemplating shipping my POL. But I think that I'll wait until MP Soundwave's released.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:56 pm

15th of December: Part 2
Went to my local TRU today looking for an MP Thundercracker...
Hey, could you check your systems and see if you have any Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker 's in stock please?
Sure, that was Masterpiece Thunder, was it?
Masterpiece Thundercracker
Ok, how do you spell Masterpiece?
M A S T E R piece
I'm still not getting anything. M A S T A was it?
Yeah, that's it...

Needless to say, they didn't have any in stock.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 am

16th of December:
I thought I'd spoil myself a little bit and indulge in an early Christmas present. Problem is, there's never anything to buy when you want to blow money like the world's going to end next week. Yet, when I'm having to eat Mi Goreng noodles 3 times a day, the new toys seem to pour in. I've never understood that, it boggles me e-ve-ry single time. I think they're watching me... Waiting...
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby RAcast » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:00 am

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
Breakdown 2099 wrote:16th of December:
I thought I'd spoil myself a little bit and indulge in an early Christmas present. Problem is, there's never anything to buy when you want to blow money like the world's going to end next week. Yet, when I'm having to eat Mi Goreng noodles 3 times a day, the new toys seem to pour in. I've never understood that, it boggles me e-ve-ry single time. I think they're watching me... Waiting...

You can always go to TJMaxx and buy more Junkions. :P Or Deluxe Warpath if you don't already have it, it's easily one of my top 5 deluxes I own, if not my #1 favorite.
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:08 am

RAcast wrote:
Breakdown 2099 wrote:16th of December:
I thought I'd spoil myself a little bit and indulge in an early Christmas present. Problem is, there's never anything to buy when you want to blow money like the world's going to end next week. Yet, when I'm having to eat Mi Goreng noodles 3 times a day, the new toys seem to pour in. I've never understood that, it boggles me e-ve-ry single time. I think they're watching me... Waiting...

You can always go to TJMaxx and buy more Junkions. :P Or Deluxe Warpath if you don't already have it, it's easily one of my top 5 deluxes I own, if not my #1 favorite.


Warpath is a boss of a figure! That's why I have two! ;)^
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am

19th of December:
Forgive me, Forum, for I have sinned. I have purchased the one abomination to plague the Prime line. Oh, who am I kidding, I really like this Airachnid figure! As soon as I saw her, I thought, yep, gotta grab her. Sure, the figure is small, but so is Soundwave. Sure, it doesn't have the mass of say, Bumble or Cliff, but one's a yellow nugget that can't talk (thanks Bay) and the other died in the first 5 minutes, so she wins on character points. And as for articulation, I'm a G1 child... What articulation?!? Suffice to say, I'm really pleased my little black flying lobster.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 am

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Breakdown 2099 wrote:19th of December:
Forgive me, Forum, for I have sinned. I have purchased the one abomination to plague the Prime line. Oh, who am I kidding, I really like this Airachnid figure! As soon as I saw her, I thought, yep, gotta grab her. Sure, the figure is small, but so is Soundwave. Sure, it doesn't have the mass of say, Bumble or Cliff, but one's a yellow nugget that can't talk (thanks Bay) and the other died in the first 5 minutes, so she wins on character points. And as for articulation, I'm a G1 child... What articulation?!? Suffice to say, I'm really pleased my little black flying lobster.


Fight the power, bro! Fight the power!
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5409
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:17 am

21st of December:

PrymeStriker wrote:Fight the power, bro! Fight the power!
;)

I'm still here and you're still there. So much for the Mayans. Then again, am I really surprised considering that they couldn't see the threat to their own race, let alone 4000 years into the future? No, I am not...

So there I was today, loitering around the TF aisle at my local Big W when I stumbled across a Prime RID Vehicon. Now, for those of you in the US of A who have the luxury of buying multiple Vehicon's at Aldi for 10 bucks a pop, these guys are few and far between down here. This is the first one I've seen in the flesh (or plastic) and boy, what a sexy little thing he is. I was so impressed with him that I'm torn between taking him out of the package. He's still sitting in there, looking at me. I'm sure that I can hear him "let me out, human! let me out!" Decisions decisions...
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Arctorro » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 am

Motto: ""A beast form is the right of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Battle Blades
Breakdown 2099 wrote:21st of December:

PrymeStriker wrote:Fight the power, bro! Fight the power!
;)

I'm still here and you're still there. So much for the Mayans. Then again, am I really surprised considering that they couldn't see the threat to their own race, let alone 4000 years into the future? No, I am not...

Well... our time zone is a little ahead of when theirs was 8-}

Breakdown 2099 wrote:So there I was today, loitering around the TF aisle at my local Big W when I stumbled across a Prime RID Vehicon. Now, for those of you in the US of A who have the luxury of buying multiple Vehicon's at Aldi for 10 bucks a pop, these guys are few and far between down here. This is the first one I've seen in the flesh (or plastic) and boy, what a sexy little thing he is. I was so impressed with him that I'm torn between taking him out of the package. He's still sitting in there, looking at me. I'm sure that I can hear him "let me out, human! let me out!" Decisions decisions...

"Let him out, human! Let him out!"
Image

Monkey arms for the win!
User avatar
Arctorro
Godmaster
Posts: 1516
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:24 pm
Location: Victoria, Australia
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10+

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby NTESHFT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Motto: "60% of the time, it works every time!"
Weapon: Black Magic
These guys wee meant to be let out of their prisons we call "packaging".... do it for the greater cause....
Image
User avatar
NTESHFT
Brainmaster
Posts: 1292
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Dirty South
Buy from NTESHFT on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 6

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:01 am

23rd of December:

headsortails wrote:These guys wee meant to be let out of their prisons we call "packaging".... do it for the greater cause....


Arctorro wrote:"Let him out, human! Let him out!"


Good call guys! I had considered leaving him trapped 'til the end of days, but common sense prevailed and he's finally free. I guess it was my collector side taking over a little. He's an awesome figure, between him and Airachnid, I think I've found my new favourite toys from the Prime line.

*****

I thought that we'd got some new TF's in but it turned out to be 6 boxes of Ultimate Optimus Prime's. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the Hasbro boxes, then sunk when I found out what they were.

*****

I'll be busy the next few days, so I'd like to wish you all (especially those that take the time to read my little log of random thoughts) a safe and happy Christmas. Hope that you've all been good little Autobots and Decepticons and for Santa! :D
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 pm

26th of December:

My beautiful girlfriend surprised me with a super minty G1 Targetmaster Cyclonus for Christmas! I'm more taken aback by the fact that she actually listened to my transformer ramblings. Normally it's a roll of the eyes and some sarcastic comment. Then there was lunch at the girlfriend's parentals. My, oh, my... I don't think everything was supposed to taste like Corona's 10 minutes into the bash. And for those of you that intend on building a Kreo Optimus Prime for your girlfriend's cousins while heavily inebriated, please don't, just dont. Trust me on that one...
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

28th of December:
I bought PRID Bumblebee today. Don't ask why. I must've had a brainsnap. Target was having a sale and the packaging was a bit on the crushed side so i though "eh, $15, can't go wrong". I went wrong. I've never been interested in the Bee, so i was a bit surprised when i transformed him in four steps. That hood-automorph transformation left me with a cold, cold sense of emptiness. I wanted to Transform him all the way myself...
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm

1st of January:

First up, Happy new Year :BOT:'s and :CON:'s
It's rare for me to have a day off when it's a public holiday, so I decided to make up for some lost time and go shopping! Exciting, i know, i know... I do like living on the edge. Kmart was first cab off the rank, and boy, the meaning of Public Holiday Casual Staffing hit home. Honestly, it was like a cross between I am Legend and Shawn of The Dead. Zombie staff members walking around with absolutely zero idea. But at least they know how to breathe on their own. On the plus side I did pick up the Cyberverse playsets with Wheeljack and Knock Out. Nifty little toys they are. I was going to have a quick look through Target, but nyah, I'll save that for another day.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 am

3rd of January:

Nothing. Zilch, zip, nada, zero, nothing. Where are all the TF's? The US had a case of the yellow plague, everywhere I go it's Cliffjumper, Cliffjumper and nothing more. There's that Swiss Cheese Cyberveres Optimus thingy, but, nyah. Uncle Pete's (an independent toy store) has DOTM Cyberverse Commanders for $6. Thanks for coming to the party 50 years too late, Pete. Back online I go.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:54 am

Saturday 5th of January:

So there I was typing away on these forums when I stumbled across those kitchen ads. You know the ones that pop up in these forums? Anyway, I left a comment (nothing nasty) and an hour or so later I discovered that the thread that was titled "cheap kitchens" had been replaced with one titled "spambot here. please ban me plymouth" Interesting thing is, the newly retitled thread appeared to have been started by me. It looks as though they hacked into either the boards and or my account, edited it and then re-posted, in the process eliminating their post that had the link to their website and leaving only my comment. Anybody with half a brain could clearly see that there would be no reason to start a thread asking to ban myself.
Lesson: Unless you want your account hacked, do not post anything on those threads.
Breakdown 2099

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Burn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 am

Your account was not hacked.

Cyber Bishop changed things up so when threads are created with certain words in the thread title (e.g. kitchen) then it automatically changes to what you saw.

The spambot was then picked up and their account deleted. When the account was deleted, so were all their posts. Because you were the first reply to one of their posts (which if you read the rules is actually a violation) your post went from #2 to #1.

Lesson: Ask questions first before assuming the worst.
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38340
News Credits: 59
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Breakdown's Logbook (my random thoughts in text)

Postby Breakdown 2099 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:25 am

Burn wrote:Your account was not hacked.

Cyber Bishop changed things up so when threads are created with certain words in the thread title (e.g. kitchen) then it automatically changes to what you saw.

The spambot was then picked up and their account deleted. When the account was deleted, so were all their posts. Because you were the first reply to one of their posts (which if you read the rules is actually a violation) your post went from #2 to #1.

Lesson: Ask questions first before assuming the worst.


I was trying to PM you guys, however my messages asking what happened were just sitting there in my outbox. Thanks for the heads up
Breakdown 2099


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion