Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Bug Reporting Thread

Discuss the Heavy Metal War game, report bugs, challenge opponents, and talk some smack! Play the Heavy Metal War game here.

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Kaijubot » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Motto: "No one escapes retribution."
Weapon: Energy Blades
When I look at this link it shows me a non-Maximal assortment (not sure which, suspect Con). Suffice to say I'm a Maximal player.
Image
User avatar
Kaijubot
Godmaster
Posts: 1510
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:02 am
Location: Manchester, England
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Kryptikore » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:44 am

I know I mentioned the life bars not working before, but there still seems to be a problem. I play HMW on 2 computers, one has IE7 and the other has Firefox. The one with firefox still seems to have that problem.
Image

Finally hit 500!
Kryptikore
Combiner
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:04 pm

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Psychout » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:12 am

Motto: "The Blackest Night Falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your Demise
by my Black Hand-- --The Dead shall rise!"
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Yeah, they just come up as grey lines instead. (in my case work is FF, home is IE)

Its hardly a game breaking problem, but FF does have a few glitches.
ImageDISCLAIMER: The above post clearly was meant to offend, and if you feel insulted by it, please use the 'close browser' button and discuss it with someone who knows not to take the internet seriously.
User avatar
Psychout
HMW Moderator
Posts: 11544
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:04 am
Location: Vatican City
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Chaoslock » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:27 am

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
On only the missions page, the upper line of buttons (Movie, News, Events, Game, etc...) jumps down between the CR Chambers button and the Arena Button

(Life bars work on Opera)
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Kryptikore » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Chaoslock wrote:On only the missions page, the upper line of buttons (Movie, News, Events, Game, etc...) jumps down between the CR Chambers button and the Arena Button

(Life bars work on Opera)


That and you can see some code in the upper background.
Image

Finally hit 500!
Kryptikore
Combiner
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:04 pm

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Flashwave » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Kryptikore wrote:
Chaoslock wrote:On only the missions page, the upper line of buttons (Movie, News, Events, Game, etc...) jumps down between the CR Chambers button and the Arena Button

(Life bars work on Opera)


That and you can see some code in the upper background.


My link bar only comes to the center of the HMW, it doesn't obscure anything important. Just annoying. ie7.

Also, it acts like it;s going through anotyher page when it does it, the code shows up without a background, then goes on. And this lag is long enough for me to lose my spot in a mission and make another have to pop up.
Image
User avatar
Flashwave
City Commander
Posts: 3729
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:42 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Silver Wind » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:07 am

Flashwave wrote:My link bar only comes to the center of the HMW, it doesn't obscure anything important. Just annoying. ie7.

Also, it acts like it;s going through anotyher page when it does it, the code shows up without a background, then goes on. And this lag is long enough for me to lose my spot in a mission and make another have to pop up.

The code pops up for me as well, but it only displays for 1-2 seconds before going on to show the missions page (and where the link bar decides to jump onto the HMW banner). IE6.
Image
Maximal Defense Force member

Too long for 3-quote max wrote:Shadowman: Ryan isn't becoming a daddy, is he? That just struck me.
The Mad A**hatter: Ryan has a woman?
shadowman: He's already married. To his job.
autobot commander: BURN!!!!
Burn: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Neko: I'm starting to think you go looking for these posts. lol.
Silver Wind
Godmaster
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Redimus GTS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:24 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I fell it worth pointing out that the age old problem of a none participating faction winning timed out missions/arean bouts is still very much alive an well.

It's a very old bug, surly it's time it was bannished to the great bugsplatter in the sky now.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Nickolai » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:19 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Ah, not really a GAME glitch, but I can't enter Iacon Forum. I'm an Autobot. My friend can, and he's a Maxie.
Image

Freedom is the right of all sentient MISBeings.
Nickolai
Headmaster
Posts: 1029
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:28 pm
Location: Philippines
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 9

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Venomous Prime » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:54 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
I don't know how long its been like this, but I went to start working on bios and the bold/italics/underline tags don't work in our profiles anymore.

I know they used to. I think it even goes back to when Glyph was the programmer. I think it was him that set that up...

My head isn't working at the moment #-o
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Redimus GTS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:57 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Original Sin wrote:I don't know how long its been like this, but I went to start working on bios and the bold/italics/underline tags don't work in our profiles anymore.

I know they used to. I think it even goes back to when Glyph was the programmer. I think it was him that set that up...

My head isn't working at the moment #-o


What kinda tags are you trying to use?

Code: Select all
[i]this[/i]


or

Code: Select all
<i>this</i>


You should be using the latter.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Venomous Prime » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:04 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Well poop, I didn't know that :lol:

Thanks Pinky!
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Redimus GTS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:15 am

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Now get to the MSN and less of that name calling fluffy!
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Venomous Prime » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:52 am

Motto: "You don't know peace until you've had suffering"
Weapon: Double Venom Lasers
Can't, I'm at the library :P
Image
User avatar
Venomous Prime
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 7428
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:14 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Trikeboy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 am

http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... a_id=79719
Predacons win the mission but it was between Autobot and Maximal.
My must have products from 2013
Image
User avatar
Trikeboy
Brainmaster
Posts: 1415
News Credits: 9
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:33 pm
Location: Cupar, Scotland

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Redimus GTS » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:00 pm

Motto: "Better than Michael Bay..."
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Trikeboy wrote:http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar/view_arena.php?arena_id=79719
Predacons win the mission but it was between Autobot and Maximal.


pRedimus wrote:I fell it worth pointing out that the age old problem of a none participating faction winning timed out missions/arean bouts is still very much alive an well.

It's a very old bug, surly it's time it was bannished to the great bugsplatter in the sky now.


Already said that. It's an old problem, that came from when the beast factions were first implimented.
Image

Better RED than DEAD!
Better still
RDD!
User avatar
Redimus GTS
God Of Transformers
Posts: 10971
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:44 am
Location: Neo Kaon, planing the domination of HMW:GD.
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 10

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Tammuz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:03 pm

the KNOWN GLITCH STICKY did not survive the reset, can we unsticky the current one, and repalce it with a a functional one please?
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Chaoslock » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:21 pm

Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
http://www.seibertron.com/heavymetalwar ... _id=192569

No-Recharge weapons do need recharge, they can't fire if the second shot is right after another (9:20,9:24)
GENERATION 1: THE EPIC ORIGINS! -Hasbro

"Autobots, Buster Witwicky killed Primus. Kill on sight!" - broadcast from Urban Dead

Image

Psychout wrote:Never, ever take the internet seriously, especially not when its on a website dedicated to giant cartoon robots from outer space.
User avatar
Chaoslock
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5246
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:31 am
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Tammuz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:44 am

Someone double check my maths!

i think the mission payouts is off. here my guy Blitzwheel scores 186xp for the mission

won mission: 100xp
01:07 Strafes Furysurge(lvl 0) 2% damage: 2xp
01:07 Strafes Sentinelimus Prime(lvl 0) 1% damage: 1xp
02:15 Hits Sentinelimus Prime(lvl 0) 18% damage: 18xp
04:08 Hits Ice(lvl 0) 20% damage: 20xp
04:59 Strafes Sentinelimus Prime(lvl 0) >6% damage: >6xp (stasislock)
04:59 Strafes Furysurge(lvl 0) 19% damage: 19xp
04:59 Strafes Spanky(lvl 0) 10% damage: 10xp
05:57 Hits Sprawl(lvl 0) 5% damage :5xp
09:17 Hits Furysurge(lvl 0) 13% damage: 13xp
TOTAL XP: >194xp
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Sharpwing » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 am

Someone probably went in with a tf <100%
Image
Sharpwing
City Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:40 am

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Tammuz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:05 am

Furysurge was the only guy i got the first hit on, and assuming i did 0 damage to him that only drops my XP total by 2.
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Sharpwing » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:14 am

Ok, so this time I actually looked.

Tammuz wrote:Someone double check my maths!

i think the mission payouts is off. here my guy Blitzwheel scores 186xp for the mission

won mission: 100xp
01:07 Strafes Furysurge(lvl 0) 2% damage: 2xp
01:07 Strafes Sentinelimus Prime(lvl 0) 1% damage: 1xp
02:15 Hits Sentinelimus Prime(lvl 0) 18% damage: 18xp
04:08 Hits Ice(lvl 0) 20% damage: 20xp
04:59 Strafes Sentinelimus Prime(lvl 0) >6% damage: >6xp (stasislock)
04:59 Strafes Furysurge(lvl 0) 19% damage: 19xp
04:59 Strafes Spanky(lvl 0) 10% damage: 10xp
05:57 Hits Sprawl(lvl 0) 5% damage :5xp
09:17 Hits Furysurge(lvl 0) 13% damage: 13xp
TOTAL XP: >194xp


19%? Where did that come from? It's only 4% (look at 04:53, you probably missed that).

2+1+18+20+4+10+5+13 = 73xp + the damage (6) on Sentinelimus Prime with over-damage (7) = 86 + 100 win bonus = 186xp
Image
Sharpwing
City Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:40 am

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Tammuz » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:26 am

I had a feeling i'd missed something. cheers sharpy
Image
User avatar
Tammuz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 18153
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:49 pm

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Sharpwing » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 am

Tammuz wrote:I had a feeling i'd missed something. cheers sharpy

No problem.

This stuff has driven me nuts on numerous occasions, so I know where you're coming from.
Image
Sharpwing
City Commander
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:40 am

Re: Glitch Reporting Thread

Postby Exdominus » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
I noticed a glitch in the pred alt rota that a alt is mis marked

How can a swordfish be a Dangerous land animal
HMW: Once Again Proving How Many People Have NO LIFE
Exdominus
Combiner
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Rex Sox Nation
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

PreviousNext

Return to Heavy Metal War Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014