Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Mindmaster » Thu May 09, 2013 11:41 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
So, should there be a gathering of sorts of any attending Seibertronians? :grin:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5598
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Fender Bender » Wed May 15, 2013 11:51 am

Motto: "Whatever doesn't kill me will pay for it's failure."
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
I'm attending and bringing my sister. She's a huge Carolina Panthers fan, so we'll be going to the Bears vs. Panthers Pre-Season game Friday Night, then the convention on Sat and Sun.
Image
Fender Bender
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6442
News Credits: 42
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Spencer, WI
Buy from Fender Bender on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 8
Skill: 9

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 am

Image

We are very happy to announce another guest! Ken Christiansen will be joining us for the show as well!

Ken Christiansen has been working as an illustrator and concept designer for over fifteen years. Starting as a video game concept artist, at Nintendo of America (Ridge Racer 64, Pokemon Puzzle League), then moving to Los Angeles to work in games for the Walt Disney Company (Kingdom Hearts, Finding Nemo). In 2004, Ken started his own company, Bad Flip Productions, working for video game clients like Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, and Activision. After working with Activision on Transformers the Game, and the Revenge of the Fallen game, he began working freelance in media development for Hasbro Inc. (Transformers), doing concept art for their film, tv, book, games, and toy initiatives. That expanded into media development beyond the Transformers brand, including Star Wars, Spider-Man, and more.

Ken’s current work includes the cover runs on the Transformers Prime series (IDW), Star Wars Fighter Pods, and Ultimate Spider-Man Spider Pods. Along with other random bits and pieces, hanging off pegs in the toy aisles, book shelves, and video game departments…

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bad-Flip-Productions/214146041944051

http://badflipblog.blogspot.com/
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Encline has just provided us with updated pictures of the finished Snipenose! This will be the figure we will be creating in the custom class on Sunday, if you are a fan of Needlenose this is one you don't want to miss!

Image

Image

Image

Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysR_NvmOnBQ

Reserve your spot in the class or order a non-attendee set here:http://www.charticon.com/p/exclusives.html!
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Mindmaster » Wed May 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
It looks to beautiful, it almost seems to good to be true! =P~

...*looks at price*

...Why must you do this to me? :sad:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5598
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Mindmaster wrote:It looks to beautiful, it almost seems to good to be true! =P~

...*looks at price*

...Why must you do this to me? :sad:


Sorry bud, we did the absolute best we could. You do get all the tools to continue to make your own customs along with some great instruction :D I would give them away for free if I could.
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby gothsaurus » Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 am

Flawless head sculpt. Amazing.
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am


Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Mindmaster » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
You can't be serious... :shock:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5598
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby ScottyP » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Awesome door prize! Really excited for this convention.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1329
News Credits: 35
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby garrickboomer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Almost done with Prowl costume.
Is anyone else making a Transformers costume for Charticon? or wearing one from a previous event?

http://www.projectprowl.com/


Image
User avatar
garrickboomer
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Roanoke VA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:36 am

Wow, that Prowl looks amazing! Can't wait to see it in person!
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby ScottyP » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Woah, that thing is looking great!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1329
News Credits: 35
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby garrickboomer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Thanks, been working on it since January, should be done soon, I have a progression blog site at www.projectprowl.com
User avatar
garrickboomer
Mini-Con
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Roanoke VA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 6

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Charticon Army, we're revealing the SECOND door prize: ENCORE FORTRESS MAXIMUS! If you missed this guy way back when, here's your chance to get him!

Both our MetroTitan Metroplex and Encore Fort Max door prizes are available ONLY for Charticon Pre-Registrants, so if you were looking for that ONE. EXTRA. REASON. to get Pre-Registered, HERE IT IS!

The drawing will be on the last day of Charticon and you must be present to win!

http://www.charticon.com/p/pre-registration.html :D

Image
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Best door prizes ever! Glad both Candace and I are preregistered :) Can't wait to see everyone there, one more month to wait, omfg
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1329
News Credits: 35
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Ready for some more announcements?

First off, we are happy to announce that we will be joined by another IDW artist at the show, none other than Brian Shearer! Brian has been working in the comics industry for several years on books such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Doctor Who as well as other titles. About 10 years ago he co-created his first creator-owned book, GravyBoy, which gave him the experience of creating and publishing a book from the ground up. Brian lives in Greensboro, NC with his wife, son, and a cat who likes to be petted at the most inconvenient times.
Image


What's that? Not enough Artists for you yet? Then how about the talented John Wycough! John is an inker, Transformers fan, drummer, awesome cook, and member of Tsunami Studios. He has worked on many titles, (Star Wars, Fear Itself, Chaos War, G.I. Joe, to name a few) along with TRANSFORMERS!! (Last Stand of the Wreckers, TF:Robots in Disguise, TF: More Than Meets the Eye, TF: Infestation2, All Hail Megatron, Movie tie ins) Woot!-Woot! He tends to subconsciously live by the motto of the Wreckers, as he tends to Wreck-n-Rule when no one is looking.
Image


Brian and John will hosting our "Learn to Draw Transformers" Panel on Friday Night!

But, wait, what? You still need more announcements? Then we are happy to announce to you our final door prize, PPO5W Weapons Specialist and PPO5M Medical Specialist! That's right, both will be given away as a set!
Image


Oh and one more thing that I almost forgot to mention. For anyone who missed out on Aftershock, there will be one in our Charity Auction on Saturday night :D The Charity Auction is only open to preregistrants, so make sure you do it soon as preregistration closes this Monday night at midnight. Also if you are planning on booking a hotel room, our special rate also ends Monday at midnight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Charticon: Pre-Registration
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby El Duque » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Image

Our friends from Charticon dropped by with a few announcements from next month's show, see below:

Arkvander wrote:Ready for some more announcements?

First off, we are happy to announce that we will be joined by another IDW artist at the show, none other than Brian Shearer! Brian has been working in the comics industry for several years on books such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Doctor Who as well as other titles. About 10 years ago he co-created his first creator-owned book, GravyBoy, which gave him the experience of creating and publishing a book from the ground up. Brian lives in Greensboro, NC with his wife, son, and a cat who likes to be petted at the most inconvenient times.
Image



What's that? Not enough Artists for you yet? Then how about the talented John Wycough! John is an inker, Transformers fan, drummer, awesome cook, and member of Tsunami Studios. He has worked on many titles, (Star Wars, Fear Itself, Chaos War, G.I. Joe, to name a few) along with TRANSFORMERS!! (Last Stand of the Wreckers, TF:Robots in Disguise, TF: More Than Meets the Eye, TF: Infestation2, All Hail Megatron, Movie tie ins) Woot!-Woot! He tends to subconsciously live by the motto of the Wreckers, as he tends to Wreck-n-Rule when no one is looking.
Image



Brian and John will hosting our "Learn to Draw Transformers" Panel on Friday Night!

But, wait, what? You still need more announcements? Then we are happy to announce to you our final door prize, PPO5W Weapons Specialist and PPO5M Medical Specialist! That's right, both will be given away as a set!
Image



Oh and one more thing that I almost forgot to mention. For anyone who missed out on Aftershock, there will be one in our Charity Auction on Saturday night :D The Charity Auction is only open to preregistrants, so make sure you do it soon as preregistration closes this Monday night at midnight. Also if you are planning on booking a hotel room, our special rate also ends Monday at midnight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Charticon: Pre-Registration
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9915
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Today is the last day to preregister, if you want in on all the extra goodies make sure you sign up now!

http://www.charticon.com/p/pre-registration.html
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:26 pm

Are you ready?

Image
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
"Year One"

Does this mean we'll get another Charticon next year? Because I would really like that, since I can't make it this year.
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5598
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 am

Mastershooter Collectibles stopped by to let us know that they will be offering an exclusive 2-pack of Mastershooters at the show: "High-Que" and "Revaway"! This set will be limited to just 35 sets and will be available starting Saturday morning at MSC's booth!

Image
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby ScottyP » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
Arkvander wrote:Mastershooter Collectibles stopped by to let us know that they will be offering an exclusive 2-pack of Mastershooters at the show: "High-Que" and "Revaway"! This set will be limited to just 35 sets and will be available starting Saturday morning at MSC's booth!

Image


Looks like I know where I'm stopping on Saturday after picking up Landsharks!
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Every once in a blue moon I write stuff about things on my blog.
I have a lot of Transformers, check them out on my shmax.com page.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Brainmaster
Posts: 1329
News Credits: 35
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby gothsaurus » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:11 am

Could someone pick me up a pair of these? Drop me a PM!? Very interested.
TFCC Subscription Bots for sale: Breakdown, Jackpot, Circuit. Will ship international.
User avatar
gothsaurus
Godmaster
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 am

Re: Charticon 2013 - Charlotte, NC Transformers Convention!

Postby Arkvander » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 pm

We've got one more exclusive for all you Charticon Faithful!

What, you didn't think we would cover two of the Decepticon Double Targetmasters and leave out the third did you? Our last exclusive for the show is an upgrade head for the Botcon Spinister figure released in 2012, giving him a more IDW look from his recent appearance in MTMTE!

This head will only be available at the show and is limited to 50 pieces! While you are there, stop by the Captured Prey booth to pick up the awesome Nit-Picker and Firebrand by Mastershooter Collectibles to complete your figure!

A big thanks to Wheeljack's Custom Body Shop http://www.facebook.com/MrWheeljack for the design and painting and Megatron31 for the casting of this great head!

Image
Arkvander
Mini-Con
Posts: 30
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 am
Buy from Arkvander on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014