Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby Jesterhead » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:22 am

Motto: "We'll die just as we lived: In midnight clad. Ave dominus nox."
Weapon: Gyro-Inhibitor Shell Launcher
Rated X wrote:How come Pontiac never made a special edition Jazz Solstice ???


I wondered that as well.

I guess they never really had time, as they have been shut down for the past few years. The latest model coup Solstice was a great looking car. They always reminded me of a Lotus Elise... =P~
Image
User avatar
Jesterhead
Gestalt Team Leader
Posts: 951
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:00 am
Location: C:\Windows\System32
Watch Jesterhead on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 1
Firepower: 8
Skill: 5

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby Kibble » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 am

Motto: "Shut up and take my SQUEE!"
Weapon: No Weapon
pac_tim wrote:I'm disappointed in this for selfish reasons. I have the 2010 Special Edition and I love it. Not only will I be jealous of it, but it feel like it will de-value mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping mine for probably the rest of my life, so selling isn't an issue. I just like that there are only around 1,500 of them and this is just adding to the total even though it's different.

Don't feel too bad...this version sucks by comparison. I mean, I'd take one if is was given to me, but I wouldn't even consider buying one of these. The other version, the thought at least crossed my mind at one point.
User avatar
Kibble
City Commander
Posts: 3604
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby Covenant » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:54 pm

Motto: "Just keep going.."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Sorry, but this Camaro ain't nothing special to me. Solely because on the way into work five days a week I see a specialized Camaro like none other. It's basically this one, but a dark grey w/black paint job, a very 'Knight Rider' Kit treatment on the hood with the back & forth red lighting, a Decepticon symbol on the back and the Barricade movie phrase "To punish & enslave.." motto on the sides. If I can snap some pics or vid of this thing at any time on the way into work I will, but not having an accident has always been more important to me. Been looking for a pic or two of this DFW-area thing online to share for ages, but no luck so far. THAT car is worlds better than this thing.
Image
User avatar
Covenant
Combiner
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Surrounded by a Ring of Red
Buy from Covenant on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby Rodimus Prime » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Motto: "There are way too many people on this planet. We need a new plague."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Why won't GM restart the manufacturing of Firebirds? It was always the better-looking of the 2, and if they could do this to Camaros, how awesome would new Firebirds look?
............Image
..............................Rule 32: "You've got to enjoy the little things."
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15411
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Western Kentucky

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby El Duque » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 am

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
We've known about the 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro for a while, but it now has an official product page on the Chevrolet website complete with a photo gallery highlighting it's special features. Click here to visit the 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro page for the full run down.

Just as the "Transformers" movies have become a blockbuster series, the Camaro Transformers editions are now an iconic series in their own right. In conjunction with the summer 2011 release of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," Chevrolet announced the 2012 Transformers Special Edition. Offered on the top two trim levels - 2LT and 2SS - the 2012 Transformers edition only improves upon the already immensely popular 2010 model.

The 2012 Transformers look starts with a stripe design consistent with the actual "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" Bumblebee model: Rally Yellow exterior paint with exclusive Carbon-Fiber-like Weave rally stripes that travel on each side of the hood bulge, roof, decklid and spoiler. In addition, this model also includes side gill decal stripes, a look borrowed from the iconic 2011 Camaro Convertible Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Replica.


Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
El Duque
News Admin
Posts: 9915
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby Protecticus Maximus » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:58 am

Motto: ""Grass grows, sun shines, and me, I hurt 'Cons!""
Weapon: Mach Laser
Ah. I wish it had the ZL1 front end. Or maybe even the Jay Leno front end so it matched DotM Bumblebee. If it came as an option I'd try my best to buy it. Otherwise it looks fairly good. :KREMZEEK:
Various incomplete armada figures in need of a new owner, pm me if you have any offers.
Protecticus Maximus
Micromaster
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:06 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby tattood-transformer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:43 am

Weapon: Energo-Sword
I have to agree 100% with you Protectus. The ZL1 front end just makes the overall appearance of the car look meaner.It gives it more flow. I just don't dig the round flood lights. I do like the Cybertron lettering that they have added for this years model. Nice touch.
User avatar
tattood-transformer
Minibot
Posts: 197
News Credits: 6
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:25 am
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 8
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 8

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby Hip-Hoptimus Rime » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:45 am

Motto: "Nobody has to look for trouble."
Weapon: Reciprocating Laser Cannon
Looks great, but AAAARRGGH! Why not give it the DOTM-correct ZL-1 nose?!! Come on Chevy, it's RIGHT THERE! :BANG_HEAD:

I do, however, wish the color were a little closer to the movie shade, I think this might be a little too pale. I hate the whole retro automotive styling trend but this is a beautiful car.
-Gus
948 TFs and counting. (They're like rabbits, those killer rabbits from Monty Python!)
Hip-Hoptimus Rime
Gestalt
Posts: 2213
News Credits: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:46 am

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby YRQRM0 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:24 pm

I agree, why not have the front like DOTM? That's what really sets 'bee apart.
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 760
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby SJ21 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:03 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Jesterhead wrote: Rated X wrote:How come Pontiac never made a special edition Jazz Solstice ???



I wondered that as well.


The Solstice was a niche car. A tiny (I's 6'0" tall and couldn't get my knees under the steering column), underpowered, two-door, car isn't going to be high on many people's list to buy. Between that and the company going in the tank, I don't think special products like that were high on their list of priorities.

Someone asked why they don't make a new Firebird. The Camaro and Firebird were phased out because they were essentially the same car. And at the time, both of them were competing with the Corvette, performance-wise. GM wanted to cut something and the Vette wasn't going to get the axe.

They won't make a new Firebird now because it would be another V8 sports car crowding the, economy depleted, V8 sports car market. If you want to see a cool aftermarket Camaro done up like a Firebird, search for "Firebreather". Its awesome.

And I agree that the Firebird was always the better looking of the two. It was like GM took a Camaro and said "what little touches can we add to this to make it even cooler?"

I drive a 2000 Trans Am.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Brainmaster
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:38 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
SJ21 wrote: Someone asked why they don't make a new Firebird. The Camaro and Firebird were phased out because they were essentially the same car. And at the time, both of them were competing with the Corvette, performance-wise. GM wanted to cut something and the Vette wasn't going to get the axe.

They won't make a new Firebird now because it would be another V8 sports car crowding the, economy depleted, V8 sports car market. If you want to see a cool aftermarket Camaro done up like a Firebird, search for "Firebreather". Its awesome.

And I agree that the Firebird was always the better looking of the two. It was like GM took a Camaro and said "what little touches can we add to this to make it even cooler?"

I drive a 2000 Trans Am.


They don't make a new firebird now because GM discontinued the Pontiac line. Has nothing to do with releasing another V8 in the market with a market full of ecomemy cars. If the Pontiac name no longer exists, then you can't release a car with that brand igsignia.

Like you and others have said, i did like the firbird better. The concept firbird looked far better than the 2010' camaro concept.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1187
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby SJ21 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
5150 Cruiser wrote:They don't make a new firebird now because GM discontinued the Pontiac line. Has nothing to do with releasing another V8 in the market with a market full of ecomemy cars. If the Pontiac name no longer exists, then you can't release a car with that brand igsignia.

Like you and others have said, i did like the firbird better. The concept firbird looked far better than the 2010' camaro concept.


The Camaro and Firebird were cancelled in 2002 for the reasons I stated before. Pontiac was still around then.

Obviously they don't release a Pontiac Firebird now because Pontiac doesn't exist. There were rumors of a Firebird-looking trim package option for the Camaro.

The Firebreather I mentioned before was actually an aftermarket car a movie studio did for some crappy movie. From the reviews I saw, the movie was terrible, but the car was awesome.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Brainmaster
Posts: 1495
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
SJ21 wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:They don't make a new firebird now because GM discontinued the Pontiac line. Has nothing to do with releasing another V8 in the market with a market full of ecomemy cars. If the Pontiac name no longer exists, then you can't release a car with that brand igsignia.

Like you and others have said, i did like the firbird better. The concept firbird looked far better than the 2010' camaro concept.


The Camaro and Firebird were cancelled in 2002 for the reasons I stated before. Pontiac was still around then.

Obviously they don't release a Pontiac Firebird now because Pontiac doesn't exist. There were rumors of a Firebird-looking trim package option for the Camaro.

The Firebreather I mentioned before was actually an aftermarket car a movie studio did for some crappy movie. From the reviews I saw, the movie was terrible, but the car was awesome.


Yes, i understand why they cancelled the camaro and firebird and you are correct on the reasons (that, and also poor sales).
But that wasn't the orignal question. The question was why they didn't currently make the Firebird along side the new camaro. Not why was it cancelled in the first place.

I did catch the car you were talking about. It does look good and i heard the car was the only thing good about the movie. :lol:
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1187
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Next

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014