Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
SJ21 wrote: Someone asked why they don't make a new Firebird. The Camaro and Firebird were phased out because they were essentially the same car. And at the time, both of them were competing with the Corvette, performance-wise. GM wanted to cut something and the Vette wasn't going to get the axe.

They won't make a new Firebird now because it would be another V8 sports car crowding the, economy depleted, V8 sports car market. If you want to see a cool aftermarket Camaro done up like a Firebird, search for "Firebreather". Its awesome.

And I agree that the Firebird was always the better looking of the two. It was like GM took a Camaro and said "what little touches can we add to this to make it even cooler?"

I drive a 2000 Trans Am.


They don't make a new firebird now because GM discontinued the Pontiac line. Has nothing to do with releasing another V8 in the market with a market full of ecomemy cars. If the Pontiac name no longer exists, then you can't release a car with that brand igsignia.

Like you and others have said, i did like the firbird better. The concept firbird looked far better than the 2010' camaro concept.
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1189
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby SJ21 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 am

Motto: "You don't know because you can't see me. Then you are dead."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
5150 Cruiser wrote:They don't make a new firebird now because GM discontinued the Pontiac line. Has nothing to do with releasing another V8 in the market with a market full of ecomemy cars. If the Pontiac name no longer exists, then you can't release a car with that brand igsignia.

Like you and others have said, i did like the firbird better. The concept firbird looked far better than the 2010' camaro concept.


The Camaro and Firebird were cancelled in 2002 for the reasons I stated before. Pontiac was still around then.

Obviously they don't release a Pontiac Firebird now because Pontiac doesn't exist. There were rumors of a Firebird-looking trim package option for the Camaro.

The Firebreather I mentioned before was actually an aftermarket car a movie studio did for some crappy movie. From the reviews I saw, the movie was terrible, but the car was awesome.
Check out my collection!

the-sj21-collection-t96905.php
SJ21
Godmaster
Posts: 1550
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:59 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Chevrolet Announces 2012 Transformers Special Edition Camaro

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:40 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
SJ21 wrote:
5150 Cruiser wrote:They don't make a new firebird now because GM discontinued the Pontiac line. Has nothing to do with releasing another V8 in the market with a market full of ecomemy cars. If the Pontiac name no longer exists, then you can't release a car with that brand igsignia.

Like you and others have said, i did like the firbird better. The concept firbird looked far better than the 2010' camaro concept.


The Camaro and Firebird were cancelled in 2002 for the reasons I stated before. Pontiac was still around then.

Obviously they don't release a Pontiac Firebird now because Pontiac doesn't exist. There were rumors of a Firebird-looking trim package option for the Camaro.

The Firebreather I mentioned before was actually an aftermarket car a movie studio did for some crappy movie. From the reviews I saw, the movie was terrible, but the car was awesome.


Yes, i understand why they cancelled the camaro and firebird and you are correct on the reasons (that, and also poor sales).
But that wasn't the orignal question. The question was why they didn't currently make the Firebird along side the new camaro. Not why was it cancelled in the first place.

I did catch the car you were talking about. It does look good and i heard the car was the only thing good about the movie. :lol:
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1189
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers United 2011 UN-19 Wheeljack Takara Tomy NEW IN STOCK - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 23 minutes 45 seconds
threeA Japan Transformers Dark of the Moon MEGATRON Action Robot Figure Doll - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 30 seconds
DHL  AUTHENTIC TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP5G MP05G MEGATRON GOLD VER - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 52 minutes 24 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Commemorative Series III Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 43 minutes 17 seconds
Takara Transformers Classics Henkei C-03 Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 16 minutes 49 seconds
STEELJAW 100% Complete Vintage 1986 Hasbro Transformers G1 W/Tech Spec & Decoder - Time Remaining: 3 days 50 minutes 7 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS TM-12 GIMLET/Sea Clamp - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime & Grimlock New - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 39 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks
Twincast / Podcast #159:
"Imperfect Specks"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016
Website Security Test