Delta Magnus wrote:Greetings!
I was thinking about tracking down a Transmetal Megatron, but I know he can be susceptible to the dreaded Gold Plastic Syndrome. So I was wondering:
1: Is it certain that all Transmetal Megatron figures will suffer from GPS?
2: Is there any way of protecting a toy against GPS (like brushing glue onto the surface of the toy to reinforce the plastic)?
3: If the toy does succumb to GPS, can it be glued back together?
4: Does Armada Predacon suffer from GPS?
Thanks for reading.
1) Transmetal Megatron suffers from both weaker plastic and a minor design flaw. Could be GPS, but it has more to do with how the waist joint is constructed.
2) We know the probable cause of GPS, but we have no way of preventing it properly, short of putting the affected figure in the fridge like Seibertron has done with G2 Slingshot. I tend to avoid them altogether, and look for repaints instead.
3) You could, but it will
break again. Thing is, the breaks seem to be random, down to looking at it funny.
4) Fortunately for you, both Armada Predacon and the Japanese version of Transmetal Megatron have no gold plastic, so no GPS.
You can read more about Gold Plastic Syndrome
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself
Top 5 Priorities:
1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) RiD 2001 Dreadwind & Smokejumper
3) RiD 2001 Destructicons Bludgeon & Scourge
4) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)
The resident Rewind... well, half of one
- Jelze Bunnycat =:3