Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman. No more emotional crap-I've given myself over to-too much anger as well. I apologize for that.

I haven't come on here to talk-down to anyone. When I'm angry it's obvious. HOWEVER, when I'm just giving info and citing it, I'm accused of acting dismissive or like an "enlightened" ****? Calm down Shad'. I'm not flinging mud. I mean no belittlement towards anyone. If you and others are interpreting it as such, then I apologize again, because it's genuinely not intended.

Guys, you've got to learn how to hold a discussion without resulting to name calling, mud flinging, childish emotional outbursts, and you also MUST cite what you say. Explain why you disagree, using said citation.

I say this as a man, I say this as a friend, and in true sincerity. There is no need to be offended by my call for ration and sobriety.

I also say this also not just as an informed individual, but as an educated one. In school for my bachelors, which was at a conservative school run by a Republican, they taught how the US media is modeled on Nazi Germany. My more liberal school, for my masters, said the same.

They also taught on corporate history and motivations.

I don't want any of you to put up walls, instead I want you to go read what I'm referring to. Get educated. Form your own opinion. If you have your own based on such things, PLEASE, cite those sources for my benefit as well as anyone who's following this thread. I'm not being rude or dismissive by asking you for this, so don't take it as such.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman. No more emotional crap-I've given myself over to-too much anger as well. I apologize for that.

I haven't come on here to talk-down to anyone. When I'm angry it's obvious. HOWEVER, when I'm just giving info and citing it, I'm accused of acting dismissive or like an "enlightened" ****? Calm down Shad'. I'm not flinging mud. I mean no belittlement towards anyone. If you and others are interpreting it as such, then I apologize again, because it's genuinely not intended.

Guys, you've got to learn how to hold a discussion without resulting to name calling, mud flinging, childish emotional outbursts, and you also MUST cite what you say. Explain why you disagree, using said citation.

I say this as a man, I say this as a friend, and in true sincerity. There is no need to be offended by my call for ration and sobriety.

I also say this also not just as an informed individual, but as an educated one. In school for my bachelors, which was at a conservative school run by a Republican, they taught how the US media is modeled on Nazi Germany. My more liberal school, for my masters, said the same.

They also taught on corporate history and motivations.

I don't want any of you to put up walls, instead I want you to go read what I'm referring to. Get educated. Form your own opinion. If you have your own based on such things, PLEASE, cite those sources for my benefit as well as anyone who's following this thread. I'm not being rude or dismissive by asking you for this, so don't take it as such.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 am

So you're taking for granted something a former "terrorist" and Christian fundamentalist(former Muslim fundamentalist) has to say? Never mind that the 2005 riots themselves were about poverty not Islam. So is it any wonder that they changed their banner headline?

You're taking for granted something a crackpot conspiracy theorists who believes that the USSR had control over the foreign policy decisions made by FDR, Truman, and Eisenhower says?





As for how the corporations will act "nice" I've already explained what the FCC is more than likely going to do. If/once they do it the corporations won't have a choice in how the Internet is regulated.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:12 am

Tronus_Rex wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman. No more emotional crap-I've given myself over to-too much anger as well. I apologize for that.

I haven't come on here to talk-down to anyone. When I'm angry it's obvious. HOWEVER, when I'm just giving info and citing it, I'm accused of acting dismissive or like an "enlightened" ****? Calm down Shad'. I'm not flinging mud. I mean no belittlement towards anyone. If you and others are interpreting it as such, then I apologize again, because it's genuinely not intended.

Guys, you've got to learn how to hold a discussion without resulting to name calling, mud flinging, childish emotional outbursts, and you also MUST cite what you say. Explain why you disagree, using said citation.

I say this as a man, I say this as a friend, and in true sincerity. There is no need to be offended by my call for ration and sobriety.

I also say this also not just as an informed individual, but as an educated one. In school for my bachelors, which was at a conservative school run by a Republican, they taught how the US media is modeled on Nazi Germany. My more liberal school, for my masters, said the same.

They also taught on corporate history and motivations.

I don't want any of you to put up walls, instead I want you to go read what I'm referring to. Get educated. Form your own opinion. If you have your own based on such things, PLEASE, cite those sources for my benefit as well as anyone who's following this thread. I'm not being rude or dismissive by asking you for this, so don't take it as such.


Like you telling me to go **** myself, even though I hadn't insulted you? Yep you sure have shown me about how grown up you are.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:15 am

Blast Cannon wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:
Rupert Murdoch is a Saudi prince?


Did I say Rupert Murdoch? No, I'm not talking about Murdoch. He founded Fox News but he's no longer in charge. Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, however is. Talal owns a media conglomerate that controls Fox News.

The "go fact yourself" is meant to be a little mean but not a full F you. It's a wordplay meant to grab your attention. Don't take it as a full...er, rude, comment. ;)

Just so you know, "fact yourself" is used by many people in a positive way, but is also used like I just did-haha! Don't take it the wrong way.

Remember also, I'm trying to be positive, but hearing dismissals of "crazy", or "made-up/BS" incenses me. It smacks of apathy, and a few other things. My ability to care, doesn't come from fear nor delusion, but because I'm aware. An educated consumer is what I am, at the very least. ;)


Sorry but you're a complete loon. >:oP

The best part is that you post from a deluded 'enlightened' perspective that is entirely presumptious. You think that everybody else must be ignorant or stupid for not giving a flying yellow monkey **** about what you're jabbering on about, when in reality I just don't care because not one part of what you and your conspiracy theorist buddies are claiming will take place.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Take to the streets.


I don't know weather to scoff, mock, laugh, or just roll my eyes. You say no one cares about my "flying yellow monkey ****". That's funny-seriously!-I cracked up when I read that. :lol: I'm going to use that image in a meme, also as a way to poke fun at myself. ;)^ Thank you, very much!

Anyway, clearly many people do and are very impassioned about this such as myself. You can see it on YouTube comment sections, comment sections in general, the countless news articles showing people who DO care.

You say I'm crazy, but you're the one ignoring how visually measurable people really care. They very obviously care. Why does it bother you so much that they, and myself to?

Also crying "no one cares", (especially when you, yourself obviously care), is not how you debate. I do wish you'd actually bother to debate me. Until you do I'll have to ignore your obvious trolling. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I would do better to reason with my smart phone then you...sigh* :HEADHURTS:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Tronus_Rex wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman.


No you haven't. You have not posted one single link saying all this bad crap's going to absolutely, 100% going to happen. It's all conjecture, speculation, and a bunch of fatalistic stuff, sandwiched between you throwing fits that no one is taking you and your tinfoil hats seriously.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29052
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:39 am

Shadowman wrote:Yeah, that's my take on the subject.


Oh, come on Shad'! You and I don't need to be fighting each other. I've given up on the other guy. I'm pretty sure you're sane and rational. I would like you and I to be at peace and actually debate each other.

I will say again, I can back up everything I write on this thread. I do so, not to be an ass, but because I'm trying to show you where I'm coming from.

I'm very sober. I'm actually no given to conspiracy theories. Examples a few that are B.S. are; FDR and Pearl Harbor, as-well-as George Bush and 9/11. I also don't buy the President is the Anti-Christ thing people claim about Pres. Obama, I mean George Bush, I mean Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter...ETC.

I also do not believe that "Obamacare", healthcare reform, is some sort of conspiracy either. It's flawed, yes, but I believe it can be corrected/fixed.

I don't think every company is evil, even the ones I seem to be angry at, I believe that many are actually trying to improve society. It's just not in a good way.

My point of view comes from both Republican's and Democrats. Conservatives, Moderates, and Liberals. I'm also aware of the bat-shit crazy, neo-conservatives and neo-liberals, who've been around for longer than you would probably realize.

I'm a moderate, just so you know. I believe in both self responsibility and taking care of people who're unable to do so. I also see how international companies act, especially right now. Deregulation has not been good.

Try someone who is humorous, eccentric, smart, (and kinda crazy), JBL at Layfield report. I don't always agree with the man, but he can make you think. I can name more who want to get people to think as well: Shock Commentator "Jim Sterling". I hate this mans politics, (I also don't like him personally), but, he does have good points to make.

Anyway, I don't want you to be angry/dismissive of me, Shadowman. Try to forgive me, I can be an **** myself. Other times I'm not, but my comments are taken in the wrong way. :BOT:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:43 am

Shadowman wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman.


No you haven't. You have not posted one single link saying all this bad crap's going to absolutely, 100% going to happen. It's all conjecture, speculation, and a bunch of fatalistic stuff, sandwiched between you throwing fits that no one is taking you and your tinfoil hats seriously.


I'd also like to add that while I haven't technically cited anything, everything I've talked about is public record. All you have to do is look it up,
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:04 am

Shadowman wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman.


No you haven't. You have not posted one single link saying all this bad crap's going to absolutely, 100% going to happen. It's all conjecture, speculation, and a bunch of fatalistic stuff, sandwiched between you throwing fits that no one is taking you and your tinfoil hats seriously.


I haven't said it's 100% going to happen, I've argued against fatalism, and said we need not be afraid but instead positive. I've stated what Verizon for example would desire to do.

I've said that much of what is out there is meant to entertain with fear, to anger and divide us.

As far as throwing fits, I'm not the only one on this thread to do so, nor was I the first, you have as well Shad'.

I ask again, how is my being unhappy with this "tin foil"?

Also, how are all my sources "tinfoil"? I also refer to ABC. I can cite CBS, the BBC. I already cited Fox News, which you dismissed, how about CNN?

Did you notice that I was using [url = link ] text [/url], or hyperlink? If you did, go back and click them.

Just because there is a reason to be concerned doesn't mean it will happen. Just informing people, like I'm doing here, is how we guard against it. That is how our Republic is supposed to work.

You haven't answered the issue of SOPA/PIPA. Do you know nothing about this issue? If you think attempting to give internet control to record labels and movie studios to be tinfoil hat, then maybe I've been wasting my time trying to talk to you?

I once had a teacher, many years ago state; the Greeks regarded being both involved and informed in a democracy as crucial. They considered it as a citizens responsibility. My teacher claimed that Greeks used the term; "idiot", to describe someone who did failed to be involved and informed. I've never been able to verification for this. Also, I'm not calling you an idiot, so don't go there.

Do you have Netflix? Amazon? Go watch Patriacracy. When you have well known people from Washington, and other credible people talking about corruption, it's not "tin-foil" anything. Considering the things on that documentary are from the proverbial "horses mouth", I don't know what will convince you.

The whole point of me saying, "I'm getting involved" is to try and restore net neutrality. It IS me being positive. How does my silence achieve this goal Shad'?
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 am

njb902 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:
Shadowman wrote:Once you realize Tronus only thinks he's so well informed, everything just becomes a lot clearer.


I've cited, backed up my info, time for you to do the same, Shadowman.


No you haven't. You have not posted one single link saying all this bad crap's going to absolutely, 100% going to happen. It's all conjecture, speculation, and a bunch of fatalistic stuff, sandwiched between you throwing fits that no one is taking you and your tinfoil hats seriously.


I'd also like to add that while I haven't technically cited anything, everything I've talked about is public record. All you have to do is look it up,


I do appreciate that njb', and I can tell this from my own research. It shows you have been checking things out. This is part of what I'm trying to achieve. It's good that you're being responsible.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:55 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Tronus_Rex wrote:I'm pretty sure you're sane and rational.


Good call. Too bad I can't say the same about you. It's why I haven't bothered to try and debate, instead only taking choice opportunities to snark. In my mental palace, you're forever labeled "tinfoil hat wearing loon" and all you've done is prove that I wasn't wrong in doing so.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29052
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:27 am

njb902 wrote:Like you telling me to go **** myself, even though I hadn't insulted you? Yep you sure have shown me about how grown up you are.


Sigh, I'm genuinely sorry you took that wrong. I said "fact", intending it to be both teasing and playful. It's understandable that you took it wrong.

Have you never seen "Vsauce" or "TedTalks", and/or the many others who playfully say "get fact", or "fact yourself"?

Good heavens njb', I was playing. Why is everyone online so damn serious? I didn't say F****. I said "fact".

Still, given how angry people seemed to be getting, I should not have used it in the context I did. I again apologize, it was poorly thought.

You're just as..."juvinile", By the way. Using smart/dismissive comments about "Christian-nuts" and former Muslims, (new word now), & crackpot theories? I didn't hear it from any of these types, (not originally at least ;) ), I heard it from yahoo news, years ago, then the free press, cnn-once upon a time, and even al jazeera!

I didn't want this to go down this rabbit hole. A troll called A.O.S. (whose a full blown atheist, TYI), a loon, and I tried explaining why AOS was so pessimistic and "passionate". What I got in reply was, "you're crazy" & "you're making everything up". You think I'm just going to take that with smiles and unicorn farts? I didn't start replying in anger, until others began that trend of "fits".

I'm sorry you've been offended. But I have a justified reason to have been incensed myself, and you haven't exactly been too friendly either njb'. You've had your own attitude, and been just as dismissive. Don't act like you're above being a child or immature. Conflict happens njb', people can be assholes. You and I both.

Can we agree to let this pass? For the original post, most agreed. Then it morphed into something else. I'm partly to blame. I made a few comments that I didn't think would become other rabbit wholes.

I'm also very tired, and will be going to bed soon. I will check this thread one more time then turn in.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:42 am

Tronus_Rex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Like you telling me to go **** myself, even though I hadn't insulted you? Yep you sure have shown me about how grown up you are.


Sigh, I'm genuinely sorry you took that wrong. I said "fact", intending it to be both teasing and playful. It's understandable that you took it wrong.

Have you never seen "Vsauce" or "TedTalks", and/or the many others who playfully say "get fact", or "fact yourself"?

Good heavens njb', I was playing. Why is everyone online so damn serious? I didn't say F****. I said "fact".

Still, given how angry people seemed to be getting, I should not have used it in the context I did. I again apologize, it was poorly thought.

You're just as..."juvinile", By the way. Using smart/dismissive comments about "Christian-nuts" and former Muslims, (new word now), & crackpot theories? I didn't hear it from any of these types, (not originally at least ;) ), I heard it from yahoo news, years ago, then the free press, cnn-once upon a time, and even al jazeera!

I didn't want this to go down this rabbit hole. A troll called A.O.S. (whose a full blown atheist, TYI), a loon, and I tried explaining why AOS was so pessimistic and "passionate". What I got in reply was, "you're crazy" & "you're making everything up". You think I'm just going to take that with smiles and unicorn farts? I didn't start replying in anger, until others began that trend of "fits".

I'm sorry you've been offended. But I have a justified reason to have been incensed myself, and you haven't exactly been too friendly either njb'. You've had your own attitude, and been just as dismissive. Don't act like you're above being a child or immature. Conflict happens njb', people can be assholes. You and I both.

Can we agree to let this pass? For the original post, most agreed. Then it morphed into something else. I'm partly to blame. I made a few comments that I didn't think would become other rabbit wholes.

I'm also very tired, and will be going to bed soon. I will check this thread one more time then turn in.


I never said Christian nut or a Muslim nut, I said he was a fundamentalist of both faiths at different points in his life. So don't put words in my mouth please. Though I think crackpots is a good fit for them, especially him. He admits(there is some doubt if he's telling the truth) to bombing a bank.

As for acting juvenile. Yes I do, what's your point.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:48 am

Shadowman wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:I'm pretty sure you're sane and rational.


Good call. Too bad I can't say the same about you. It's why I haven't bothered to try and debate, instead only taking choice opportunities to snark. In my mental palace, you're forever labeled "tinfoil hat wearing loon" and all you've done is prove that I wasn't wrong in doing so.


No, first you were "smart", then you agreed with me after checking from one of the most untrustworthy websites, online; kotaku. I didn't say anything then about kotaku, now I am.

Then you decided, before I ever got, (justifiably/understandably) angry, to join in the trolling. You joined the whole "crazy" & making **** up parroting.

You became a downright royal jerk. You were condescending, at the least. Rude at almost all times. Really, just ignorant through it all.

I got annoyed. Then I got angry. Crazy? No, ****, maybe, which is at least better than how you've acted Shad'. You flip-flopped, almost made one citation. Then you decided to just troll. I thought you might have been a decent individual. I've been fair. I've tried being transparent, even owning my mistakes.

To you you're perfect & must be right. I admit when I f'up, while you admit to nothing and act like a child. >:oP

If you were to see my face, you would sadness, disappointment, and resignation over you, Shadowman. I thought you were alright. I didn't realize how petty and trivial you were capable of being. I'm sorry I was wrong about you.

I'm going to bed. I wonder what fecal matter will get smeared on this thread? Hopefully non, and something more hopeful than "troll-splat" will be here when I return.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:53 am

njb902 wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Like you telling me to go **** myself, even though I hadn't insulted you? Yep you sure have shown me about how grown up you are.


Sigh, I'm genuinely sorry you took that wrong. I said "fact", intending it to be both teasing and playful. It's understandable that you took it wrong.

Have you never seen "Vsauce" or "TedTalks", and/or the many others who playfully say "get fact", or "fact yourself"?

Good heavens njb', I was playing. Why is everyone online so damn serious? I didn't say F****. I said "fact".

Still, given how angry people seemed to be getting, I should not have used it in the context I did. I again apologize, it was poorly thought.

You're just as..."juvinile", By the way. Using smart/dismissive comments about "Christian-nuts" and former Muslims, (new word now), & crackpot theories? I didn't hear it from any of these types, (not originally at least ;) ), I heard it from yahoo news, years ago, then the free press, cnn-once upon a time, and even al jazeera!

I didn't want this to go down this rabbit hole. A troll called A.O.S. (whose a full blown atheist, TYI), a loon, and I tried explaining why AOS was so pessimistic and "passionate". What I got in reply was, "you're crazy" & "you're making everything up". You think I'm just going to take that with smiles and unicorn farts? I didn't start replying in anger, until others began that trend of "fits".

I'm sorry you've been offended. But I have a justified reason to have been incensed myself, and you haven't exactly been too friendly either njb'. You've had your own attitude, and been just as dismissive. Don't act like you're above being a child or immature. Conflict happens njb', people can be assholes. You and I both.

Can we agree to let this pass? For the original post, most agreed. Then it morphed into something else. I'm partly to blame. I made a few comments that I didn't think would become other rabbit wholes.

I'm also very tired, and will be going to bed soon. I will check this thread one more time then turn in.


I never said Christian nut or a Muslim nut, I said he was a fundamentalist of both faiths at different points in his life. So don't put words in my mouth please. Though I think crackpots is a good fit for them, especially him. He admits(there is some doubt if he's telling the truth) to bombing a bank.

As for acting juvenile. Yes I do, what's your point.


My point is you called me that too :lol: I was simply calling you on it as well. ;)

Just wanted to clear the air and admit we were both pricks to each other.

I hope we're cool with each other now.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:10 am

Tronus_Rex wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Tronus_Rex wrote:
njb902 wrote:Like you telling me to go **** myself, even though I hadn't insulted you? Yep you sure have shown me about how grown up you are.


Sigh, I'm genuinely sorry you took that wrong. I said "fact", intending it to be both teasing and playful. It's understandable that you took it wrong.

Have you never seen "Vsauce" or "TedTalks", and/or the many others who playfully say "get fact", or "fact yourself"?

Good heavens njb', I was playing. Why is everyone online so damn serious? I didn't say F****. I said "fact".

Still, given how angry people seemed to be getting, I should not have used it in the context I did. I again apologize, it was poorly thought.

You're just as..."juvinile", By the way. Using smart/dismissive comments about "Christian-nuts" and former Muslims, (new word now), & crackpot theories? I didn't hear it from any of these types, (not originally at least ;) ), I heard it from yahoo news, years ago, then the free press, cnn-once upon a time, and even al jazeera!

I didn't want this to go down this rabbit hole. A troll called A.O.S. (whose a full blown atheist, TYI), a loon, and I tried explaining why AOS was so pessimistic and "passionate". What I got in reply was, "you're crazy" & "you're making everything up". You think I'm just going to take that with smiles and unicorn farts? I didn't start replying in anger, until others began that trend of "fits".

I'm sorry you've been offended. But I have a justified reason to have been incensed myself, and you haven't exactly been too friendly either njb'. You've had your own attitude, and been just as dismissive. Don't act like you're above being a child or immature. Conflict happens njb', people can be assholes. You and I both.

Can we agree to let this pass? For the original post, most agreed. Then it morphed into something else. I'm partly to blame. I made a few comments that I didn't think would become other rabbit wholes.

I'm also very tired, and will be going to bed soon. I will check this thread one more time then turn in.


I never said Christian nut or a Muslim nut, I said he was a fundamentalist of both faiths at different points in his life. So don't put words in my mouth please. Though I think crackpots is a good fit for them, especially him. He admits(there is some doubt if he's telling the truth) to bombing a bank.

As for acting juvenile. Yes I do, what's your point.


My point is you called me that too :lol: I was simply calling you on it as well. ;)

Just wanted to clear the air and admit we were both pricks to each other.

I hope we're cool with each other now.


Edit: I guess I did, but no we are not cool with each other.
Last edited by njb902 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Shadowman » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:12 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Actually it was the Star Wars thread where I began to suspect you were a nutcase who thought he was far smarter than he actually was. (IE, you didn't know the difference between a laser and electrolaser) This thread confirmed it.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29052
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Time to get back to the original topic. I’m not letting myself be clouded and will now resume control of this thread. :BOT:

Net neutrality, FCC powers, regulation VS deregulation, outdated laws in the digital age. This will be a large and informative post addressing many things.

Unless you have hours, break it down in to blocks. This is a crash course on what is a complicated issue.

The issue itself.
Why You Should Care About the Death of Net Neutrality

Here is what I believe, listen and see why I’ve stated to be positive.


Here is the usual, understandable replies & attitudes.


“Net Neutrality Fails, Goodbye to a Free Internet?

Why I’m not doom and gloom. You can just listen to the 1st thirty minutes, (roughly). You'll see how complicated this is.
“Death of Network Neutrality? - Daily Blob - Jan 15, 2014”

Verizon intends to use the recent ruling in ways we should be concerned with, however, the FCC can utilize the decision in a way not intended.
“Indeed, the court has very nearly given the FCC - and state utility commissions, to boot - carte blanche to regulate the entire internet. And that’s the real story here." ...The Road to Hell Is Paved With Excessive Discretion ...A Trojan Horse for Other Regulation?

More power’s for the FCC? Could be good or bad, depending on where this goes. I will credit njb’ on recognizing this. Still, he dismissed the concern over the issue, which has NOT been decided, just out of personal dislike for me and that is arbitrary. Nothing is decided yet. The FCC could fail to act properly and we could end up with almost no regulation. I don’t think that will happen, but no one should just sit on their thumbs.

[quote=“Shadowman”][quote=“Tronus_Rex” ]The point is, any internet provider, say Verizon or Charter, within the USA, can now block ANYTHING, they wish-no matter how wrong or arbitrary.[/quote]

They can try. All it takes is one of them to refuse to take advantage of this, and the rest have to follow suit or else they'll get their asses kicked.[/quote]

Unregulated competition is never good. No regulation can create monopolies, it can also see “morganization”. Choices alone are not enough. Sorry Shady-boy, but you never backed up your ignorant, and obviously fossilized dino-dung, claim. You’re talking from planet Uranus, parroting, and also demonstrating you know very little. I'm education, also experience, and fair. You're belligerent, and not interested in anything beneficial.

“Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science” -OR- “Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science”

This paper from 1912 is still regarded as important and very relative. If try dismissing it, then you're disregarding a giant chunk of the business world, which still cite the paper.

“Unregulated competition is a naive metaphor for anarchy." -John Ralston Saul

“5 Ways that Raw Unregulated Capitalism is Acting like Cancer on American Society”

“The Evils of Unregulated Capitalism” by Joseph Stiglitz

“Ever since Pope Francis took over, the Catholic church has been drifting further and further away from America’s corporate Conservatism. Most of us have known for some time that theRight’s association with religion of any sort is a blatant hijacking job, a cynical exercise in demographics that relies almost entirely on inroads through racism, homophobia, selfishness and Southern sensibilities. But Francis is steadily proving that Biblical principles are utterly inconsistent with the Corporate Right…and for once, the world has to listen. And as usual, Rush Limbaugh thinks someone is a Communist." -Click on the text to follow the link-

Unregulated Capitalism: Unregulated Capitalism is Destroying Democracy and the Economy, Paperback
by George Gaasvig on Amazon


“Here are some basic definitions."

“Article on Robber Baron Economics and Neo-liberals”

“Chapter 11: ROBBER BARONS AND REBELS”

The following will surprise you.
“The Truth About the “Robber Barons”-an article on Hill, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, and arguing against subsidies for corporations.

http://storyofstuff.org/

Time to use your own fingers.

Watch on Netflix, Amazon, ETC.; “Patriacracy”, “Death by China”, and “The World Without Us”. You will feel better after.

Look in to the issue of IP laws, SOPA/PIPA, about the potential death of steaming music from cites like Pandora.



In regard to last night.

The only reason I, or anyone, should question my sanity, is my attempt to reason with deluded, badly behaved, combative children.

My mistake.

I’m past caring about Shady-boy’s naivety-him taking things at face value. njb’, is also condescending and thinks he knows everything.

When I state common and valid concerns, and offer justified questions, njb's responses boil down to; “nah-ah!" He fails to engage, and presumes to know everything. His admitting to being juvenile, was my wake up to who is. Really, he chose not to like me, then acted as such right from the start. Expecting fairness from a petulant child is a mistake.

"Garbage" Cannon is just a obnoxious, I knew better than to reply to him, the 1st mistake. I was fair, considerate, friendly. Then njb, and Shady-boy decided join & parroted his tripe.

They did so, not out of fairness, but because they simply didn't like that I had a different point of view.

This demonstrated what ReviewTechUSA, Jim Serling, and countless others online, are saying. People online act and behave in ways that is horrible.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Oh goody more words in my mouth.

I stated my premise in my first post and second posts, which was before I began to dislike you. You should try not being so revisionist.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:10 pm

The pearls of facts, wisdom, history, and logic I’ve just presented on this thread, is not for the three burrows. It’s for anyone who is willing to think, be fair, and hear why you shouldn't give in to fear.

I’m not at all old. But I’m at least past the stage of foolish youth, especially the arrogant 20’s. I mentioned Jim Sterling commenting on the internet hostility. Many others have talked about this as well. I too have been guilty of this. However, I will admit it. If you feel the negativity too, try to not reply in anger.

***

Shadowman, or Shady-boy, and I had an argument in the Star Wars thread. He seemed to take George Lucas’s altered, and revised facts at face value. Lucas is well documented for lying, changing his mind, being inconsistent, and altogether full of ****. There’s an entire generation of both fans, critics, and fellow filmmakers calling “bullshit” on Lucas.

Shady’ takes everything Lucas says as gospel. Why? Because he is a “fanboy”, especially of the prequels.

Shady, as a fanboy, reacted with hostility to my criticism of Lucas’s lightsaber fetish, which was a distraction.

Flipping lightsaber wielding Yoda?

In Ep.VI, the emperor laughed at lightsabers like they were toys. He was above using them. Yoda clearly had the same attitude and “mastery” in Ep.V Empire Stikes Back. Lucas altered him in to a ridiculous flipping bit of CGI.

My laser, electro-laser mistake, is hardly a point to question anyone’s sanity. It instead shows how combative njb’ and Shady, have been.

I did check my facts. I got fact, and then went to go fact myself :P

In “Science Fiction and Real Science Facts”, in the section “Directed Energy Weapons”, It stated that Einstein thought of the first laser, and how Tesla was it’s true father, with DEW’s.

Before the laser was the maser. The electro-laser, was the 1st thought for to solution to weaponization, by Einstein himself. I read it backwards. Then mentioned it here without double checking.

Still Shady is being far too hostile to care. The electro-laser is the only direct energy weapon that can take advantage of "blooming". Blooming is normally bad for a laser, instead it's the electrolaser's strength.

We know today that, an electro-laser, will likely never be more than an equivalent of a stun gun. Popular Science has addressed this debate a few times. The lethality and plasma question is still something to experiment regarding "blooming".

Besides the maser and laser, there’s the phaser, PEP, the “lightning gun” (usually pure sci-fi, but legit scientists have said it possible). Another is microwave emitters/weapons, a Tesla favorite.

Tesla, by the way, was a legit “mad scientist”, his contributions are arguably greater than any other genius in the 20th century, eith 700 patents. Including “death-rays”, lasers, electro-lasers, phasers, ETC.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-284-nikola-tesla/





Back to Star Wars, if anyone is interested, try looking up “Mr. Plinkett” and his Star Wars reviews at Red Letter Media. Also “The People Vs George Lucas”, available on streaming and download. Ever seen the South Park episodes on Lucas and Spielberg? That’s just a tiny piece of it.

There’s also a lot of other material from "Biography" (Bio), other documentaries on Lucas’s influence. Books about George inspiration. All this, before the new trilogy. You will see that the young Lucas was a different man.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

I was too nice to you njb’.

njb902 wrote:So you're taking for granted something a former "terrorist" and Christian fundamentalist(former Muslim fundamentalist) has to say? Never mind that the 2005 riots themselves were about poverty not Islam. So is it any wonder that they changed their banner headline?


"Christian-nuts" and former Muslims” is implied by your use of Chistian fundamentalist and former terrosist. I didn't put words in your mouth, instead, I fully understood your obvious and heavy implication. You decided to spin, and I called you on it. Then you tried to deny it.

njb902 wrote:You're taking for granted something a crackpot conspiracy theorists who believes that the USSR had control over the foreign policy decisions made by FDR, Truman, and Eisenhower says?


How is that crackpot? This is a matter of public report and history. Go read: "Franklin and Winston: An Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship" on Paperback,by Jon Meacham. That’s just one example that discusses Soviet influence on FDR. Truman and Eisenhower were also influenced by the Soviet’s. The “control” was from both threat and world influence which we returned in kind. Every president has had to respect such things.

The USSR was an ally in WW2, and a nuclear rival/enemy superpower in the cold war. As much control they had over our decisions, th US also had the same on the Soviets.

This is the reality of world history and competing powers. They can influence each other, and be enough of a threat, to where it can appear to be mutual control. It’s really mutual influence.

When the relationship is unequal, then it’s not usually as such.

Looking at the documented agreements in conferences, policy change, international politics, and propaganda. From 1942 and after. It’s quite understandable for some to conclude more sinister motives. The evidence can be interpreted as such. It’s even been interpreted by very credible historians.

I don’t agree with the “sinister” motivation theory, as I’m more practical and pragmatic. I think FDR had hopes for Stalin, and didn’t want to consider how he was being conned. Truman had to continue this problem of Stalin, as the iron curtain descended. Eisenhower built the military-industrial complex which people have since deliberately misquoted.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/01/ikes_misinterpreted_farewell_a.html

Also remember thestorystuff.com? It references Eisenhower's effect on the US, with consumerism, and what he built.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:20 pm

Tronus_Rex wrote:The pearls of facts, wisdom, history, and logic I’ve just presented on this thread, is not for the three burrows. It’s for anyone who is willing to think, be fair, and hear why you shouldn't give in to fear.

I’m not at all old. But I’m at least past the stage of foolish youth, especially the arrogant 20’s. I mentioned Jim Sterling commenting on the internet hostility. Many others have talked about this as well. I too have been guilty of this. However, I will admit it. If you feel the negativity too, try to not reply in anger.

***

Shadowman, or Shady-boy, and I had an argument in the Star Wars thread. He seemed to take George Lucas’s altered, and revised facts at face value. Lucas is well documented for lying, changing his mind, being inconsistent, and altogether full of ****. There’s an entire generation of both fans, critics, and fellow filmmakers calling “bullshit” on Lucas.

Shady’ takes everything Lucas says as gospel. Why? Because he is a “fanboy”, especially of the prequels.

Shady, as a fanboy, reacted with hostility to my criticism of Lucas’s lightsaber fetish, which was a distraction.

Flipping lightsaber wielding Yoda?

In Ep.VI, the emperor laughed at lightsabers like they were toys. He was above using them. Yoda clearly had the same attitude and “mastery” in Ep.V Empire Stikes Back. Lucas altered him in to a ridiculous flipping bit of CGI.

My laser, electro-laser mistake, is hardly a point to question anyone’s sanity. It instead shows how combative njb’ and Shady, have been.

I did check my facts. I got fact, and then went to go fact myself :P

In “Science Fiction and Real Science Facts”, in the section “Directed Energy Weapons”, It stated that Einstein thought of the first laser, and how Tesla was it’s true father, with DEW’s.

Before the laser was the maser. The electro-laser, was the 1st thought for to solution to weaponization, by Einstein himself. I read it backwards. Then mentioned it here without double checking.

Still Shady is being far too hostile to care. The electro-laser is the only direct energy weapon that can take advantage of "blooming". Blooming is normally bad for a laser, instead it's the electrolaser's strength.

We know today that, an electro-laser, will likely never be more than an equivalent of a stun gun. Popular Science has addressed this debate a few times. The lethality and plasma question is still something to experiment regarding "blooming".

Besides the maser and laser, there’s the phaser, PEP, the “lightning gun” (usually pure sci-fi, but legit scientists have said it possible). Another is microwave emitters/weapons, a Tesla favorite.

Tesla, by the way, was a legit “mad scientist”, his contributions are arguably greater than any other genius in the 20th century, eith 700 patents. Including “death-rays”, lasers, electro-lasers, phasers, ETC.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-284-nikola-tesla/





Back to Star Wars, if anyone is interested, try looking up “Mr. Plinkett” and his Star Wars reviews at Red Letter Media. Also “The People Vs George Lucas”, available on streaming and download. Ever seen the South Park episodes on Lucas and Spielberg? That’s just a tiny piece of it.

There’s also a lot of other material from "Biography" (Bio), other documentaries on Lucas’s influence. Books about George inspiration. All this, before the new trilogy. You will see that the young Lucas was a different man.


I'm sorry,but how was I being combative with you in that thread?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby njb902 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Fundamentalism is the demand for a strict
adherence to orthodox theological doctrines
usually understood as a reaction against
Modernist theology , primarily to promote
continuity and accuracy.

It's not my fault you don't know what the word means, or that it isn't necessarily a negative. Also the man admits to being a terrorist. I don't get your objection to the label.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm

njb902 wrote:Oh goody more words in my mouth.


No, I said your responses "boil down to", how about, "distill", or "demonstrate".

You have been dismissive, hostile, combative, rude. Part of this is in reaction to my own intensity and obvious anger. I was justified, you were never my friend, kind, nor fair. I've tried apologizing.

Now I'm calling you on your superior & childish attitude.

Yes, you've had an attitude. Stop denying it njb'. You've bristled my fur enough, now you get eat some humble pie.

>:oP

I'm focusing on the topic. You won't yank my chain again, kid. =;
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Court of Appeals Ruling on FCC Fairness Policy-

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:30 pm

njb902 wrote:It's not my fault you don't know what the word means, or that it isn't necessarily a negative. Also the man admits to being a terrorist. I don't get your objection to the label.


Context of your statement. Implying why anyone should take him seriously.

Use proper grammar and English and stop taking your own crap out of context.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014