Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Moderators: Cryhavok, Supreme Convoy, robofreak

Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
I always find too bad that there's no Alternators Starscream that was ever made. Sure, I have the Alternity, but I do want the Alternator for my Screamers collection. The only way is to make one myself.

So, what Alternators sould I use to mod and repaint into Starscream?

Here's my personal rules:
-- The car mode must never be modified, appart the obvious paint job.
-- I'll need a voyager sized Starscream head to head-swap the one on the original Alternator.
-- The Alternator must not be the type to have the front of the car as the chest, like Hound, Jazz, or Grimlock.
-- Being trucks, Hound and Optimus Prime are disqualified.

So, I'm hesitating between the Wincharger, Dead-End, and Rodimus molds.
So, which one would be the best Starscream?
If there's another mold I dont know about, please tell me.

EDIT:
Mods, could you fuse this thread with that one please?
Last edited by -Kanrabat- on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby zodconvoy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right to KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"
Tracks. Slick car mode, the shoulders are perfect to be the wings, the chest/faux car roof, the wrist guns and you could even mount the shoulder cannons on the forearms. Plus, the mold was used in blue (Tracks), red (Swerve), and black (the first Ravage) so you could make all three Seekers.

Plus, I happen to still be selling a Tracks. ;)
Now for Sale!

Nearly everything! Selling my Classics collection!
NOW ON eBAY:

BOTCON VECTOR SIGMA & KEY!
Fansproject City Commander w/ Magnus & Reprolabels!
Botcon Banzai-Tron!
TFCC Dion w/ Coptor
Diablock Convoy
CLASSICS Starscream, Thundercracker, Dirge, Thrust, Ramjet, Acid Storm, Wheeljack, Tracks, Bumblebee, Space Case, Terradive & more!

Visit My Store!
Image
User avatar
zodconvoy
Gestalt
Posts: 2973
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:47 am
Location: the Nemesis, PA
Buy from zodconvoy on eBay

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby robotmel » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:31 am

Motto: "I once pooped an Energon Cube!"
Weapon: Dino-Missiles
:D
Why not ask our friendly neighbourhood digi-basher Godzillabot Primal to do a couple of pics in Screamers colours?
It would give you a rough idea what you might be working with! ;)
ROBOTMEL'S WANTS LIST! :BOT: PM ME PLEASE!
RID - Ultra Magnus (God Magnus) (COMPLETE)
Perfect Effect - Rumble & Frenzy, Ejector & Rewinder (COMPLETE)
Alternity - Cliffjumper, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp (COMPLETE)
Fansproject - Assaulter (Broadside) (COMPLETE)
Masterpiece - Starscream (Hasbro G1 colour) (COMPLETE)
IDW Transformers (2009 Ongoing) - #22b (VF/NM)
MARVEL Generation 2 - Halloween Special (VF/NM)
User avatar
robotmel
Godmaster
Posts: 1593
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 am
Location: Great Britain
Buy from robotmel on eBay
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 6
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:57 am

Could just buy Alternity Starscream. >:oP
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37701
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:36 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
zodconvoy wrote:Tracks. Slick car mode, the shoulders are perfect to be the wings, the chest/faux car roof, the wrist guns and you could even mount the shoulder cannons on the forearms. Plus, the mold was used in blue (Tracks), red (Swerve), and black (the first Ravage) so you could make all three Seekers.

Plus, I happen to still be selling a Tracks. ;)


Hell YEAH! That IS the perfect mold!
PMing you.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:40 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Burn wrote:Could just buy Alternity Starscream. >:oP


Err... In my very first post, I said I already have him.

Alternity starscream is very nice, but he dont have the size and G1-Classic look and feel of an Alternators.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
robotmel wrote::D
Why not ask our friendly neighbourhood digi-basher Godzillabot Primal to do a couple of pics in Screamers colours?
It would give you a rough idea what you might be working with! ;)


I just saw the Tracks mold. I have PERFECT ideas!

Now, the challenge will be how to not botch the paint job.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby Burn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 am

-Kanrabat- wrote:Err... In my very first post, I said I already have him.


Your post was TL:DR. Image
Image

T-Macksimus wrote:If you have any high hopes or expectations you might as well leave them at the door because I will bet a shiny new Titan class Metroplex that Hasbro is going to screw us over on Arcee... AGAIN!
User avatar
Burn
HMW Moderator
Posts: 37701
News Credits: 57
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby Rushie » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
You could used a junked Cybertron or Armada Starscream to get a head at the proper scale. As far as I know, there's no G1 SS at that size.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 719
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:49 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rushie wrote:You could used a junked Cybertron or Armada Starscream to get a head at the proper scale. As far as I know, there's no G1 SS at that size.


Armada Starscream it is. The Cybertron one is way too rare and expensive.
Some heavy knife work will be required.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby RAcast » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rushie wrote:You could used a junked Cybertron or Armada Starscream to get a head at the proper scale. As far as I know, there's no G1 SS at that size.


Armada Starscream it is. The Cybertron one is way too rare and expensive.
Some heavy knife work will be required.

And the Armada one is stupidly cheap. xD Definitely a good choice, I quite like that head sculpt! Looking forward to seeing how this comes along. :)
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
RAcast wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rushie wrote:You could used a junked Cybertron or Armada Starscream to get a head at the proper scale. As far as I know, there's no G1 SS at that size.


Armada Starscream it is. The Cybertron one is way too rare and expensive.
Some heavy knife work will be required.

And the Armada one is stupidly cheap. xD Definitely a good choice, I quite like that head sculpt! Looking forward to seeing how this comes along. :)



Thanks! It will take a while though. I still have to actually buy and receive what I need. It will be my first custom of a "real" character. Fiveshot Megatron dont really count because he's more of a junkion than anything.

Then, I will take the time to build Altenators Starscream. This is one custom I dont want to mess up.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby Mykltron » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:26 am

Motto: "If I win again I'm still the champion. If you win HAH! that's just impossible.

Weapon: tea cup."
Rodimus. He looks like he could hover or fly in bot mode.
Image

Why not take a look at My TF Repaints? Updated 29th November

TFs for sale (TFA, Classics, Movie, PCC)
User avatar
Mykltron
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6025
News Credits: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:43 am
Location: Nearby. Watching.

Re: Want to make a Custom Alternators Starscream. So, what Alternators should I use?

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 am

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
Mykltron wrote:Rodimus. He looks like he could hover or fly in bot mode.


I thought about it at first. Still, the Tracks/Battle Ravage mold is defenitely the best.
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
All right, I sored myself a sweet deal. A junk Armada Starscream plus a junk Beast Machine Mechatron for 20$ shipped.
No too bad. Even If I dont really want that... thing...
TF BM Mechatron.jpg
TF BM Mechatron.jpg (37.6 KiB) Viewed 26 times

Seriously, look at that shit. This thing is pretty sad. Anyway, it does have interesting parts. So even tually, this UFO will die horribly under my knife. As for Starscream, when I receive him, I'll be all "Queen of Heart" over him.

Yeah...
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Postby RAcast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
-Kanrabat- wrote:All right, I sored myself a sweet deal. A junk Armada Starscream plus a junk Beast Machine Mechatron for 20$ shipped.
No too bad. Even If I dont really want that... thing...
TF BM Mechatron.jpg

Seriously, look at that shit. This thing is pretty sad. Anyway, it does have interesting parts. So even tually, this UFO will die horribly under my knife. As for Starscream, when I receive him, I'll be all "Queen of Heart" over him.

Yeah...

Could you use the beast rider for Fiveshot Megs? Or is the head too big?
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
RAcast wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:All right, I sored myself a sweet deal. A junk Armada Starscream plus a junk Beast Machine Mechatron.

Could you use the beast rider for Fiveshot Megs? Or is the head too big?


I thought about it, but the head might be too big. Beside, that dragon head already costed me 10$ and hours of work. It's there to stay.

No, maybe that gadjet could be converted into a knida beast-warish character. I could fuse in a robot that fold in on itself in the "driver seat" and that will transform into a bot with a mighty big backpack! :P
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Postby RAcast » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Motto: "Can't stop, so what! That's how I like it!"
Weapon: Rocket Launcher
-Kanrabat- wrote:
RAcast wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:All right, I sored myself a sweet deal. A junk Armada Starscream plus a junk Beast Machine Mechatron.

Could you use the beast rider for Fiveshot Megs? Or is the head too big?


I thought about it, but the head might be too big. Beside, that dragon head already costed me 10$ and hours of work. It's there to stay.

No, maybe that gadjet could be converted into a knida beast-warish character. I could fuse in a robot that fold in on itself in the "driver seat" and that will transform into a bot with a mighty big backpack! :P

All hail Sergeant Kibble!
User avatar
RAcast
Gestalt
Posts: 2777
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Custom Alternators Starscream. Work in progress.

Postby -Kanrabat- » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Motto: "I will be your blade. I will be your shield."
Weapon: Armor Axe
RAcast wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:(Metatron) could be converted into a knida beast-warish character. I could fuse in a robot that fold in on itself in the "driver seat" and that will transform into a bot with a mighty big backpack! :P

All hail Sergeant Kibble!


Lol! I like that name! Hey, if Universe Silverbolt and co can get away with it, I sure can!


By the way, I do bought, paid, received, played with, and displayed Universe Silverbolt despite having his obvious flaw. He's nice looking and hillarious!
User avatar
-Kanrabat-
Godmaster
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Canada, province of Québec
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 4
Courage: 9
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6


Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014