Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
monstergrotusque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:How does Singapore get 15,000 fans showing up on first day yet BotCon only gets about 5,000 for the entire weekend? Obviously there's room for improvement with BotCon's numbers. I hope someone at Hasbro is putting two and two together. Some radical changes need to happen with both BotCon and the Transformers Collectors' Club.



this



Probably because admission was the price of a Big Mac Combo. But 15,000 ain't bad. For this to be the first year, they certainly got off on the right foot. To be fair, Botcon has only had... wait...what?...are you sure..... 18 years!!???!! Are you kidding me?
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby First-Aid » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
GetRightRobot wrote:
monstergrotusque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:How does Singapore get 15,000 fans showing up on first day yet BotCon only gets about 5,000 for the entire weekend? Obviously there's room for improvement with BotCon's numbers. I hope someone at Hasbro is putting two and two together. Some radical changes need to happen with both BotCon and the Transformers Collectors' Club.



this



Probably because admission was the price of a Big Mac Combo. But 15,000 ain't bad. For this to be the first year, they certainly got off on the right foot. To be fair, Botcon has only had... wait...what?...are you sure..... 18 years!!???!! Are you kidding me?


THere is also a significant difference in population between here in the US and there in China...they have nearly 5 times our population, so one can generally expect more people at any type of convention over there.
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3782
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
First-Aid wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:
monstergrotusque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:How does Singapore get 15,000 fans showing up on first day yet BotCon only gets about 5,000 for the entire weekend? Obviously there's room for improvement with BotCon's numbers. I hope someone at Hasbro is putting two and two together. Some radical changes need to happen with both BotCon and the Transformers Collectors' Club.



this



Probably because admission was the price of a Big Mac Combo. But 15,000 ain't bad. For this to be the first year, they certainly got off on the right foot. To be fair, Botcon has only had... wait...what?...are you sure..... 18 years!!???!! Are you kidding me?


THere is also a significant difference in population between here in the US and there in China...they have nearly 5 times our population, so one can generally expect more people at any type of convention over there.



Singapore's in China? :lol: No I'm kidding, they do have a vast population.....
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby Vicalliose » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Motto: "Focus on one thing at a time? Are you crazy!? WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!!"
Weapon: Semi-Automatic Sonic Boomer Gun
GetRightRobot wrote:
monstergrotusque wrote:
Seibertron wrote:How does Singapore get 15,000 fans showing up on first day yet BotCon only gets about 5,000 for the entire weekend? Obviously there's room for improvement with BotCon's numbers. I hope someone at Hasbro is putting two and two together. Some radical changes need to happen with both BotCon and the Transformers Collectors' Club.



this
Probably because admission was the price of a Big Mac Combo. But 15,000 ain't bad. For this to be the first year, they certainly got off on the right foot. To be fair, Botcon has only had... wait...what?...are you sure..... 18 years!!???!! Are you kidding me?
Y'know I've been thinking... In terms of actual information being revealed on the Transformers brand does Botcon really compare to Toy Fair or SDCC? I mean you've got the dealer rooms, the special guests and the exclusives. But in terms of news does it really compare to non-Transformers events? Maybe I'm just imagining things but I feel that typically I end up anticipating hearing from other events more than Botcon. Botcon just sounds like a place you go to blow your money and heckle Brian Savage and his minions.
User avatar
Vicalliose
Targetmaster
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: You already know that.
Watch Vicalliose on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 3
Rank: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby GetRightRobot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Vicalliose wrote: Botcon just sounds like a place you go to blow your money and heckle Brian Savage and his minions.


Ahh so you HAVE been to Botcon! :lol: See what I did there? No, you really can blow some serious cash there. First trip to Botcon: all about toys. Every trip after that: friends and shenanigans. I don't really think the reveals at Botcon are all that ground breaking, Seibertron would be a good guy to answer this one.
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby tarZen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:26 am

There are still people who think Singapore is in China? #-o

Was there today, it's a big letdown. Besides the panels, there's nothing much else. Just an exhibition of the toys, and some customs. A lot of empty space in the huge hall. Badly organized too, we were made to stand in line for 40 minutes for a panel even after being handed number tags. And then people were let in after the panel started.
tarZen
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby sevenprimes93 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:08 am

hey every i think percepter is in the transformers fall of cybertron. i found this gameplay video on youtube and you will hear it at .46 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sOtKy1s ... re=related
sevenprimes93
Mini-Con
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby First-Aid » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 am

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
tarZen wrote:There are still people who think Singapore is in China? #-o


OKay I'm an idiot. I was thinking of Shanghai. My bad. BUt in my defense I had just gotten off a 9 hour shift at the assisted living facility I work at, and it was also the day after "Spring Forward Daylight Savings Time" so my brain was not working at peak capacity. More like 15%... :BANG_HEAD: :oops: :BANG_HEAD: :oops: :BANG_HEAD: :oops:
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3782
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby Mindmaster » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
That is THE SECOND BEST STARSCREAM FIGURE, seconded only by MP Starscream. And no, it doesn't matter which MP Starscream is the best, they're pretty much the same thing. :michaelbay:
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5632
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby SKYWARPED_128 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:28 am

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Decent screen accuracy in both modes. CHECK

Relatively good proportions. CHECK

Affordability. CHECK

I'ma finally gettin' me a WFC Starscream. :michaelbay:
SKYWARPED_128
Gestalt
Posts: 2280
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby Supreme Convoy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Wow. Galaxy Force/Cybertron was my favorite Starscream sculpt. This may be a new favorite.
Image
Supreme Convoy
Site Moderator
Posts: 6927
News Credits: 34
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:23 am

Re: CybertronCon 2012 Singapore - Sneak Peek

Postby PaxCybertron82 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Motto: "Courage and a Sword"
Weapon: Electromagnetic Photon Laser
Um....he looks better than the WFC Game model! He looked so fat in the game, but this looks amazing!

NEW SEEKERS TO BUY! YAY!

:CON:
www.paxcybertron.com

Team PaxCybertron - Videos,write ups, Podcast -
PaxCybertron82
Fuzor
Posts: 220
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: Iacon
Buy from PaxCybertron82 on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 5
Skill: 6

Previous

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014