Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

daily trivia

Welcome to the General Discussion area where just about anything goes! This area is designed to discuss all matters and does not necessarily have to be Transformers related. Please keep topics relevant.

Re: daily trivia

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:12 am

Motto: "Post Star-Odyssey Stress syndrome is a real thing"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
njb902 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:Who played Blanche DuBois in the film version of A Streetcar Named Desire?

A. Vivien Leigh

B. Jessica Tandy

C. Elizabeth Taylor

D. Audrey Hepburn


A. Vivian Leigh, at least in the 1951 film (there were two more TV dramas in 1984 and 1995, based on the same play).


Silly rabbit, made for TV movies don't count :P


So, it... wasn't Marge ._.?
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Headmaster
Posts: 1101
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:24 am

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
njb902 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:Who played Blanche DuBois in the film version of A Streetcar Named Desire?

A. Vivien Leigh

B. Jessica Tandy

C. Elizabeth Taylor

D. Audrey Hepburn


A. Vivian Leigh, at least in the 1951 film (there were two more TV dramas in 1984 and 1995, based on the same play).


Silly rabbit, made for TV movies don't count :P


So, it... wasn't Marge ._.?


I don't believe I get the reference.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Motto: "Post Star-Odyssey Stress syndrome is a real thing"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
njb902 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
njb902 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:Who played Blanche DuBois in the film version of A Streetcar Named Desire?

A. Vivien Leigh

B. Jessica Tandy

C. Elizabeth Taylor

D. Audrey Hepburn


A. Vivian Leigh, at least in the 1951 film (there were two more TV dramas in 1984 and 1995, based on the same play).


Silly rabbit, made for TV movies don't count :P


So, it... wasn't Marge ._.?


I don't believe I get the reference.


http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/A_Streetcar_Named_Marge
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Headmaster
Posts: 1101
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:57 pm

SW's SilverHammer wrote:
njb902 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
njb902 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:Who played Blanche DuBois in the film version of A Streetcar Named Desire?

A. Vivien Leigh

B. Jessica Tandy

C. Elizabeth Taylor

D. Audrey Hepburn


A. Vivian Leigh, at least in the 1951 film (there were two more TV dramas in 1984 and 1995, based on the same play).


Silly rabbit, made for TV movies don't count :P


So, it... wasn't Marge ._.?


I don't believe I get the reference.


http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/A_Streetcar_Named_Marge


Sorry to make you explain the joke, I just seriously had no idea :lol:
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 pm

The answer to yesterday's question was A. Vivien Leigh, congratulations d_sel1 and JelZe GoldRabbit! From what I read of the woman she was bonkers, which explains why she played her roles so well.

Today's trivia question.

What is the diameter of Sol?

A. 1,391,000 miles

B. 1,391,000 kilometers

C. 1 AU

D. There is no Sol
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby SW's SilverHammer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Motto: "Post Star-Odyssey Stress syndrome is a real thing"
Weapon: Electron Scimitar Sword
1,391,000 km
Image
User avatar
SW's SilverHammer
Headmaster
Posts: 1101
News Credits: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:27 pm
Location: Portland
Watch SW's SilverHammer on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:33 pm

The answer to yesterday's question was B. 1,391,000 kilometers, congratulations SW's SilverHammer.

Today's trivia question, I'm going for a scare factor here. So please anyone with a weak stomach or small children you have been warned!

















What is the name of the band/artist who gave us the dance song "Macarena"? The horror............ The horror

A. Ricky Martin

B. Ill Niño

C. Jennifer Lopez

D. Los Del Rio
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
njb902 wrote:What is the name of the band/artist who gave us the dance song "Macarena"? The horror............ The horror

A. Ricky Martin

B. Ill Niño

C. Jennifer Lopez

D. Los Del Rio


D. Los Del Rio. La Macarena is one the many songs ripped by the Smurfs, but the Dutch version is especially horrid:



Liberally Translated Lyrics:

What do you make the most delicous mush of?
Where does the most delicious juice come from?

What do you think? What do you think? It's made of Salsa Parilla!
(pun on Sarsaparilla, the Smurfs' favourite food)

Delicious! Delicious!
It's made of Salsa Parilla!

Feel a little weak and are your toes hurting?
Do you have zits or wobbly legs?
The juice of the leaf will fix you right up, Salsa Parilla!

We pour some into the Smurf berry juice, We stir it into the Smurf berry mush
Delicious! Delicious! Salsa Parilla!


That's it, repeats of parts all over :lol:
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14282
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 am

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:What is the name of the band/artist who gave us the dance song "Macarena"? The horror............ The horror

A. Ricky Martin

B. Ill Niño

C. Jennifer Lopez

D. Los Del Rio


D. Los Del Rio. La Macarena is one the many songs ripped by the Smurfs, but the Dutch version is especially horrid:



Liberally Translated Lyrics:

What do you make the most delicous mush of?
Where does the most delicious juice come from?

What do you think? What do you think? It's made of Salsa Parilla!
(pun on Sarsaparilla, the Smurfs' favourite food)

Delicious! Delicious!
It's made of Salsa Parilla!

Feel a little weak and are your toes hurting?
Do you have zits or wobbly legs?
The juice of the leaf will fix you right up, Salsa Parilla!

We pour some into the Smurf berry juice, We stir it into the Smurf berry mush
Delicious! Delicious! Salsa Parilla!


That's it, repeats of parts all over :lol:


I still have nightmares of my high school's football team doing the Macarena at a pep rally.

Btw Ill Niño is an awesome band!
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby d_sel1 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
njb902 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:What is the name of the band/artist who gave us the dance song "Macarena"? The horror............ The horror

A. Ricky Martin

B. Ill Niño

C. Jennifer Lopez

D. Los Del Rio


D. Los Del Rio. La Macarena is one the many songs ripped by the Smurfs, but the Dutch version is especially horrid:



Liberally Translated Lyrics:

What do you make the most delicous mush of?
Where does the most delicious juice come from?

What do you think? What do you think? It's made of Salsa Parilla!
(pun on Sarsaparilla, the Smurfs' favourite food)

Delicious! Delicious!
It's made of Salsa Parilla!

Feel a little weak and are your toes hurting?
Do you have zits or wobbly legs?
The juice of the leaf will fix you right up, Salsa Parilla!

We pour some into the Smurf berry juice, We stir it into the Smurf berry mush
Delicious! Delicious! Salsa Parilla!


That's it, repeats of parts all over :lol:


I still have nightmares of my high school's football team doing the Macarena at a pep rally.

Btw Ill Niño is an awesome band!


How about doing Achy Breaky Heart line dancing?
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:23 pm

The answer to yesterday's question was D. Los Del Rio, congratulations JelZe GoldRabbit.

Today's trivia question.

Robert Englund is best known for playing what role?

A. Jason Voorhees

B. Pinhead

C. Freddy Krueger

D. Chucky
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby Shadowman » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:24 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
C. Freddy Krueger. AKA that guy who made me afraid of the dark when I was a kid. Also when I was an adult...
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:18 am

Shadowman wrote:C. Freddy Krueger. AKA that guy who made me afraid of the dark when I was a kid. Also when I was an adult...


Hmmmmm that's an interesting topic, let's discuss that a little. Gremlins I think was the movie that frightened me the most as a kid, oh and The Birds. My grandfather's farm used to attract huge flocks of birds, and after I saw Hitchcock's movie they use to make me nervous walking home from the bus stop....... "use to" may be inaccurate #-o
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:49 pm

The belated answer to yesterday's question was C. Freddy Krueger, congratulations Shadowman.

Today's :WHISTLE: trivia question.

In what year did Tales from the Crypt premier?

A. 1989

B. 1982

C. 1991

D. 1995
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby d_sel1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:41 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
njb902 wrote:The belated answer to yesterday's question was C. Freddy Krueger, congratulations Shadowman.

Today's :WHISTLE: trivia question.

In what year did Tales from the Crypt premier?

A. 1989

B. 1982

C. 1991

D. 1995


I don't know. A is my guess
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: daily trivia

Postby Blast Cannon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:38 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:42 am

Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Does it matter? This is just for fun.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby Blast Cannon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:22 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Does it matter? This is just for fun.


You're living a lie.
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:27 am

Blast Cannon wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Does it matter? This is just for fun.


You're living a lie.


Look if your just here to troll please leave.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: daily trivia

Postby Blast Cannon » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:55 am

Motto: ""Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have or could have had. No one lives forever.""
Weapon: Dual Lasers
njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Does it matter? This is just for fun.


You're living a lie.


Look if your just here to troll please leave.


Grammatical mistakes aside, I resent your implication. I'm simply pointing out the high probability that people are using Google to find out the answer.

Don't be so tetchy, it's most unbecoming. [-(
Image
We never win at home and we never win away, we lost last week and we lost today, we don't give a f*ck 'cos we're all pissed up... MCFC OK!
User avatar
Blast Cannon
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9637
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:51 am
Location: Manchester, UK
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: daily trivia

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:14 am

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
njb902 wrote:The belated answer to yesterday's question was C. Freddy Krueger, congratulations Shadowman.

Today's :WHISTLE: trivia question.

In what year did Tales from the Crypt premier?

A. 1989

B. 1982

C. 1991

D. 1995


I'd have to say A 1989. Funny thing is, I remember the cartoon adaptation... on a German channel :P
Top 5 Priorities:

1) BW Neo X-7 Elphaorpha
2) BW II VS-18 Powerhug vs. Autocrusher
3) Universe 2003 Night Slash Cheetor
4) Arms Micron Terrorcon Bumblebee
5) BW Convobat (red) & Megalligator (purple)

Preparing to move to the US!

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 14282
News Credits: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: Delft, the Netherlands; McKinney, Texas, USA
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: daily trivia

Postby RhA » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:52 am

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
njb902 wrote:What is the name of the band/artist who gave us the dance song "Macarena"? The horror............ The horror

A. Ricky Martin

B. Ill Niño

C. Jennifer Lopez

D. Los Del Rio


D. Los Del Rio. La Macarena is one the many songs ripped by the Smurfs, but the Dutch version is especially horrid:



Liberally Translated Lyrics:

What do you make the most delicous mush of?
Where does the most delicious juice come from?

What do you think? What do you think? It's made of Salsa Parilla!
(pun on Sarsaparilla, the Smurfs' favourite food)

Delicious! Delicious!
It's made of Salsa Parilla!

Feel a little weak and are your toes hurting?
Do you have zits or wobbly legs?
The juice of the leaf will fix you right up, Salsa Parilla!

We pour some into the Smurf berry juice, We stir it into the Smurf berry mush
Delicious! Delicious! Salsa Parilla!


That's it, repeats of parts all over :lol:


Irene Moors.
Image
Latest TF: AOE Voyager Grimlock, AOE Leader Optimus Prime & AOE Crosshairs
User avatar
RhA
City Commander
Posts: 3920
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Underwhere
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: daily trivia

Postby Shadowman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:53 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Actually, if I don't know the answer off hand, I don't answer. I'm playing for reals.

njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Does it matter? This is just for fun.


You're living a lie.


Look if your just here to troll please leave.


It's BC, don't take it so personal.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28787
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: daily trivia

Postby d_sel1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Motto: "Where is this global warming that scientists talk about this winter?"
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Shadowman wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Actually, if I don't know the answer off hand, I don't answer. I'm playing for reals.

njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:
njb902 wrote:
Blast Cannon wrote:I guarantee that none of you guys are using Google.


Does it matter? This is just for fun.


You're living a lie.


Look if your just here to troll please leave.


It's BC, don't take it so personal.


I guess, heck look at my past posts, I had gotten the questions WRONG before.
User avatar
d_sel1
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Suburban Mount Sterling, IL
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 1
Courage: 2
Firepower: 2
Skill: 1

Re: daily trivia

Postby njb902 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm sorry Shadowman, but I don't want this thread to turn into a fight about people "cheating". Hell I'm happy if people have to go Google the answers if it helps them learn something.

Let's all just drop it and get back to the game.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014