Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby YRQRM0 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Maybe some of these are addressed in other media like the novel, but what do you guys think they've cut and changed since the movie started production?

1. I had the impression the racing stuff would be a bigger deal. There wasn't even an explanation to why the Wreckers had to be racecars, their job was just building ships in the movie wasn't it? Where'd they get that disguise?

2. Along with the racing thing, is there supposed to be a sidestory about BB racing too? He did have those nets and race car gear, not to mention all the toys that imply it..

3. I was also curious about what it might have been if Megan had stayed. She had been on set at least once right? What was the story like with her? I mean, Carly fit with her job and Patrick Dempsey's character and all, which were kinda important, was Mikaela also gonna have that position?

4. What about the Twins? I've heard Sentinel kills them along with Ironhide in the novel, but I wonder if there were any kind of action scenes, or if they joined the freeway, or anything like that..

5. I remember a set pick a loong time ago showing an alley with a dumpster and all, and there was all kinds of graffiti about Autobots should leave Earth, with the :BOT: with a line through it...whatever happened to that whole element of the public wanting them to leave? I never really understood the public anyway, they seemed to know about the TF's from Simmons' book, as well as the news actually calling them by name..but had they actually seen them?

I hope we get the deleted scenes with the home release, and maybe some pre-viz animation of some stuff too
User avatar
YRQRM0
Pretender
Posts: 776
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm
Watch YRQRM0 on YouTube
Strength: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10
Rank: ???

Re: Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby Screamfleet » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I think, for the most part, all of Mikaela's lines were transferred over to Carly's. Little minor changes, but it was not over hauled.

Other than that, movies go through lots of changes. It's not always content that fits into the story, but things changed entirely as things go along. Like in Star Wars ROTS, one Jedi had two different death scenes filmed, neither were used. You create something, you film it, just incase you want to use. Or things change and you have a better idea.
So, there may be deleted scenes that film into the context of the film, but others that do not.
User avatar
Screamfleet
Pretender
Posts: 742
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:49 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby saucerdo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:42 am

the twins' deaths will be something denied to us, just like jar jar binks never being killed (goes to cry in tears to a corner...)
saucerdo
Mini-Con
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby G1 Smoketreader » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:19 am

Motto: "Continue building from within,attack your designated target,defend everyone."
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
I was under the impression (after reading it here) that Dino dies onscreen, his head torn off by Soundwave during the captives sequence.I didn't see this death/event happen and neither did my Wife. Now I'm confused.Did I misinterpret? Does he only get 'shown' to die in novel? Or is it a blink and you'll miss it scene.

To be honest, right after Cue died, I turned my head away from the screen towards my wife to try and gauge whether or not she was moved (I was).I DID however first keep my eyes glued to the screen to witness the graphics of the execution, pretty much because Qs face...you know- he was a person, not a warrior.

I am pretty certain that I heard the Humans initially state "Four Autobot Prisoners" upon discovering the 'concentration area' (but must admit that the Audience had become restless and fidgety during this film and there was background noise, plus occasional groups of folks walking out and obstructing the LOS to the screen at times- and tho there were subtitles to read, I kept my eyes on the graphics and listened to the speech rather than read it).During the Death of Q I only recall seeing two Autobots: Q himself and Bumblebee.Can somebody fill the gaps for me please?

I have 4 assumptions right now:
1) He (Dino) doesn't die on screen at all in any version of the film in any Cinema in the world.
2) He (Dino) does die. I blinked or looked away and missed it.
3) He (Dino) does die, but it's in a follow-up wideshot and I was looking at Soundwave getting slammed instead.
4) He does die on screen, but it was removed from the versions screened in nations surrounding Italy (and therefore theoretically also inside of Italy) out of, well, friendly gesture, I guess.

Anyone?... Anyone?...
"Everyone has a hobby.Even people who say they don't still have one under another name.If we're sick,injured, we still go to it and get down to see how it is.If it needs something, we bring it,make sure the attention is perfect.It exercises our care and protection and gives us back philosophies.It's a living thing to us,and is the most perfect way to teach a young person how to be towards a living thing. It's something that should never be taken away."
-my Wife
G1 Smoketreader
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 8
Endurance: 8
Rank: 10+
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby ScoutSi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 am

Dino/Mirage didn't die, he was show fighting after that scene and made it to the end

I thought the first half of the movie had been cut - the scene where they meet the Cosmonauts and then realise Sentinel is the key, and then the whole highway scene were rushed IMHO
Simon

PS3 ID: TK7725
User avatar
ScoutSi
Micromaster
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:34 am

Re: Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby Starscream GaGa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 am

Motto: ""I'm a free Decepti-bitch, baby!""
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
The twins' deaths were obviously and rather badly removed from the movie.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:I was under the impression (after reading it here) that Dino dies onscreen, his head torn off by Soundwave during the captives sequence.I didn't see this death/event happen and neither did my Wife. Now I'm confused.Did I misinterpret? Does he only get 'shown' to die in novel? Or is it a blink and you'll miss it scene.

Dino survived in the movie. In the novel, Starscream killed him while chasing Sam and in the comic he died instead of Cue.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:I am pretty certain that I heard the Humans initially state "Four Autobot Prisoners" upon discovering the 'concentration area' (but must admit that the Audience had become restless and fidgety during this film and there was background noise, plus occasional groups of folks walking out and obstructing the LOS to the screen at times- and tho there were subtitles to read, I kept my eyes on the graphics and listened to the speech rather than read it).During the Death of Q I only recall seeing two Autobots: Q himself and Bumblebee.Can somebody fill the gaps for me please?.

The four Autobots were Cue, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Dino. Sideswipe and Dino were just in the background and never focused on.
Starscream GaGa
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 504
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:16 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Deleted Scenes/Changes in DOTM?

Postby Bleak5170 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:32 am

Weapon: Acetylene Torch Gun
Starscream GaGa wrote:The twins' deaths were obviously and rather badly removed from the movie.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:I was under the impression (after reading it here) that Dino dies onscreen, his head torn off by Soundwave during the captives sequence.I didn't see this death/event happen and neither did my Wife. Now I'm confused.Did I misinterpret? Does he only get 'shown' to die in novel? Or is it a blink and you'll miss it scene.

Dino survived in the movie. In the novel, Starscream killed him while chasing Sam and in the comic he died instead of Cue.

G1 Smoketreader wrote:

The four Autobots were Cue, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Dino. Sideswipe and Dino were just in the background and never focused on.


I found it odd that they only had those 4 Autobots slated for execution. You can see Ratchet trying to get to the prisoners and he's thrown backwards. I think there was one other Autobot there as well but I could be mistaken. You'd think they'd have them all lined up together.
User avatar
Bleak5170
Minibot
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014