Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby NovaSentinel » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Motto: "If I were a muffin, i'd be blueberry"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Just noticed the dragon face on Bulkhead's saw XD Bulk looks like he may have a visor as well. I also laughed when I saw that Hasblow has left Smokescreen's kneecap whole entire shin facing sideways in the official pic :APPLAUSE:
Transformers Energon is everyone's guilty pleasure. Go on. Admit it.
User avatar
NovaSentinel
Vehicon
Posts: 376
News Credits: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 pm
Location: Brekshire
Watch NovaSentinel on YouTube
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby grimdragon2001 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Motto: "Battle is my addiction."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
this news would show up the day before my Takara Smokescreen is expected to arrive. still I also hope the armor is removable. at least it will make a nice comparison for review time
User avatar
grimdragon2001
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 882
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 6:29 pm
Watch grimdragon2001 on YouTube
Buy from grimdragon2001 on eBay

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby CXZGT917 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Smokescreen looks quite nice. Still impressed by Hasbro's incapacity in 2013 to communicate effectively on its new product releases.
CXZGT917
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:02 am

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby njb902 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:28 pm

CXZGT917 wrote:Smokescreen looks quite nice. Still impressed by Hasbro's incapacity in 2013 to communicate effectively on its new product releases.


You think so, why?
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2564
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Autobot032 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Weapon: Switch Blade Tail
I really don't know why people are pissing all over the TakaraTomy Smokescreen. He works really well. (In person's much better than pics.)

If the armor comes off of this one, then he might be a must buy on my list. Might. If it doesn't, then he's a definite pass and I'll gladly stick with the AM version I have.

If the armor comes off and it's a straight forward Smokescreen figure, well then, Hasbro, I'm impressed with your sneakiness. Very. I'm still not a big fan of the figure, however. That fake chest looks terribly fake. (Fakes are fine when they're done right. This one screams "I'm not real") Plus, from what I can tell, he does not have his door wings. The AM, once the Micron is attached, has wings.

I'll have to see more before I make a decision, but uh...as of now, AM Smokescreen is fine with me.
NOTE: Realize that I am not a perfect Christian, nor do I profess to be. I apologize if anyone's ever offended by me, I'm not perfect. Don't hold my posts and opinions against other Christians.
Autobot032
News Staff
Posts: 8754
News Credits: 39
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:51 am
Location: I don't know!
Buy from Autobot032 on eBay

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby kirbenvost » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Motto: "Deal with it."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
It looks like has some sort of wings in the package. I'm fairly impressed. If the armor comes off, it will be a purchase. I also hope his alt mode isn't further shrunken from the PRiD line...

Bulkhead looks pretty cool but I don't need any more Bulkheads, and I certainly don't need one in deluxe class.
User avatar
kirbenvost
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8721
News Credits: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:57 am
Location: Vancouver BC
Buy from kirbenvost on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 9
Skill: 10

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Optimum Supreme » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Motto: "You have no chance to survive make your time."
Weapon: Nuclear Charged Fusion Cannon
Bulk's deluxe size now? Oh how the mighty have fallen!

Nice that there's actually a Smokescreen on the way, just wish it was before this Beast Hunters stuff started. If the spikey stuff is removable great, but I wouldn't count on it.
User avatar
Optimum Supreme
Pretender
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:27 pm
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: ???
Speed: 2
Endurance: 10+
Rank: N/A
Courage: 7
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 4

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Janus Prime » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 pm

Wouldn´t mind getting a spiky Nockout, but I really hope 005 is a new beast.
I love the Smokescreen, but Bulkhead is an easy pass for me.
So far Beast Hunters seems like an awesome line.
Janus Prime
Fuzor
Posts: 229
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:08 am

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby frogbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Motto: "All my 6 nipples are tingling."
Weapon: Self-Propelled Photon Cannon
im glad theres a new mould of this guy as i already have knockout. think smokescreen's the only major character i have left to get. not keen on the animals but i might stump up for leader class predaking.

wonder if we'll see a prime shockwave
My personal prime collection so far in descending order of how great i reckon the toy is -
FE Prime, Silas Breakdown (Powerizer), Dreadwing (Powerizer), FE Bulkhead, Voyager StarScream (Powerizer), Ratchet, Soundwave, Arcee, Voyager Megatron (Powerizer), Wheeljack, Thundertron (Powerizer), Ultra Magnus (Powerizer), Knockout, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee,Airachnid
frogbat
Fuzor
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:28 am
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Firepower: 5
Skill: 7

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby GuyIncognito » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 pm

I think I like AM Smokescreen better than this one.

Bulkhead shouldn't be a Deluxe, but I like the mold and the paint scheme so I might get it and just consider it a Roadbuster.
User avatar
GuyIncognito
Faction Commander
Posts: 4619
News Credits: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:06 am
Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Buy from GuyIncognito on eBay

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
I might buy the AM version if this Smokescreen is capable of doing a head-swap. Otherwise, I'll wait for the possible Reprolabels set. Some of the colors are atrocious.

kirbenvost wrote:It looks like has some sort of wings in the package.


It's the doors. You can see some of the red in the same place on the vehicle mode's doors. One reason this version is superior; door wings instead of micron wings.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5393
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Any idea how to order from tao bao? Do I need a middle man?
Image
Image
User avatar
chuckdawg1999
City Commander
Posts: 3380
News Credits: 36
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 3:51 pm
Location: New York
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Rank: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Oh, the irony....

If the armor has removable capabilities, this may be the only Beast Hunters figure I get. If not, oh well, better luck next time, Hasbro. >:oP
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Breakdown318 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Motto: "There's no one here to watch me..."
Weapon: Photon Eliminator Rifle
Smokescreen looks awesome. As for bulkhead, could this suggest a deluxe breakdown?
Breakdown318
Mini-Con
Posts: 35
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 pm
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Gearslide » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Seeing as how SS has the removable BH armor, the only issue I have with him is the blue details on his head. Hasbro simply used the wrong colors. The crest should have been white and the eyebrows and beard should have been red (which is used on the figure's knees and elbows). I don't get the reasoning.

And that Bulkhead shall take his rightful place on my shelf as a Prime Brawn (seeing as how his GDO figure died before production).
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Mindmaster » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Gearslide wrote:Seeing as how SS has the removable BH armor, the only issue I have with him is the blue details on his head. Hasbro simply used the wrong colors. The crest should have been white and the eyebrows and beard should have been red (which is used on the figure's knees and elbows). I don't get the reasoning.

And that Bulkhead shall take his rightful place on my shelf as a Prime Brawn (seeing as how his GDO figure died before production).


Red crest, white chin!
Image
Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

craggy wrote:When Hero Mashers are the nicest looking toys in a news post, you know something's wrong.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.

In case of really bad and/or corny puns made by Va'al, click and hit play.
User avatar
Mindmaster
News Staff
Posts: 5591
News Credits: 21
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Manterax Prime » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Motto: "You honestly believed that The Leige Maximo was Prima's other half? How foolish of you!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
A proper Smokescreen? I knew Hasbro was getting back on the ball with Beast Hunters!!!!
THANK YOU HASBRO!!!!

Shame Bulkhead isn't a voyager, thought it's better than just having a cyberverse figure. I really like his buzzsaw as well.
INFINITY! PLEASE!
Hi-Sui-Fu-Do! Bo-Zaba-Byu-Dogon!
User avatar
Manterax Prime
Pretender
Posts: 760
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:44 pm
Watch Manterax Prime on YouTube
Buy from Manterax Prime on eBay
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Twitchythe3rd » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Motto: "I burn and I plunder as it suits my desire."
Weapon: Fireball Cannon
Bulkhead has monkey arms.

Smokescreen doesn't look that bad. Better if the armor comes off.
Image
The Ultimate Defense Against The Terrorcon Hordes!
Twitchythe3rd
Headmaster
Posts: 1130
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:19 pm
Location: Surrounded by corn.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 4
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby SkyWarpsGhost » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Weapon: Dual Photon Launchers
If and I mean IF Smokescreens armour does come off. It smells to me that Hasbro had this guy read for the last waves of RID, but just held him back and added some clip on armor so he would fit in aesthetically with the rest of the BH line.
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Sentinel Prime
moc-kreo-legoformer-sentinel-prime-t98257.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Nemesis Prime v2
moc-kreo-legoformer-nemesis-prime-v2-t97374s100.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Dotm Megatron
moc-kreo-legoformer-megatron-t97289.php
MOC Kreo/Legoformer Prime and Magnus
transforming-legokreoformer-optimus-magnus-t94770s200.php
SkyWarpsGhost
Vehicon
Posts: 390
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am
Location: Belfast N.I.
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 8
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 7

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Gearslide » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:38 pm

Mindmaster wrote:
Gearslide wrote:Seeing as how SS has the removable BH armor, the only issue I have with him is the blue details on his head. Hasbro simply used the wrong colors. The crest should have been white and the eyebrows and beard should have been red (which is used on the figure's knees and elbows). I don't get the reasoning.

And that Bulkhead shall take his rightful place on my shelf as a Prime Brawn (seeing as how his GDO figure died before production).


Red crest, white chin!


I'm not sure which Smokescreen you're talking about, but:
Image

He clearly has a white crest (the middle thing), red "eyebrows" (the things to the left and right of his crest), and a red "beard".

All three of those things are blue on the toy.
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Gearslide wrote:He clearly has a white crest (the middle thing), red "eyebrows"


The "eyebrows" are part of headcrest. :???:
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5393
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Gearslide » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:52 pm

PrymeStriker wrote:
Gearslide wrote:He clearly has a white crest (the middle thing), red "eyebrows"


The "eyebrows" are part of headcrest. :???:


From what I understand about the term "crest" or "comb", it just refers to the central part. You couldn't say the feathers on the left and right of a Cockatiel's crest are part of the crest, would you?
Gearslide
Fuzor
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby PrymeStriker » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:17 pm

Motto: "Brilliant"
Weapon: Augmented Quark Disruptor
Gearslide wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Gearslide wrote:He clearly has a white crest (the middle thing), red "eyebrows"


The "eyebrows" are part of headcrest. :???:


From what I understand about the term "crest" or "comb", it just refers to the central part.


Yes, but these red parts are not detached from the crest. They extend backward from it. My point is they aren't eyebrows; they don't move depending on expression.
Image
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
User avatar
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5393
News Credits: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Location: Palm Beaches, FL
Buy from PrymeStriker on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby XDMan » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Motto: "We will put out thee fires of evil!"
Weapon: Ionic Blaster
Well I do think it would be awkward seeing BH being a deluxe, but it does homage Brawn more than Roadbuster. I mean, look at this:

Image

Image

Oh, wait...they both resemble him. ;)

And SS does look nice as well, so good job Takara and Hasbro, you just made yourself a more decent mold.
Image

Trollmutate!!!
XDMan
Vehicon
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm
Location: Chicago
Watch XDMan on YouTube
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 9
Endurance: 10
Rank: 9
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Deluxe Beast Hunters Smokescreen and Bulkhead.

Postby Va'al » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
PrymeStriker wrote:
Gearslide wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
Gearslide wrote:He clearly has a white crest (the middle thing), red "eyebrows"


The "eyebrows" are part of headcrest. :???:


From what I understand about the term "crest" or "comb", it just refers to the central part.


Yes, but these red parts are not detached from the crest. They extend backward from it. My point is they aren't eyebrows; they don't move depending on expression.


Image

I think what Gearslide is talking about are the two very thin lines above his eyes, which have a vague red tinge to them.

The figure in the photo seems to have inverted the colouring, with the crest left white, and the side crest bits coloured (albeit in blue). Fixable.
Last edited by Va'al on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Amazing Adventures of Dennis and Bruce!
The only thing better than setting yourself on fire! -njb902


Image
Photo by robotmel
User avatar
Va'al
News Staff
Posts: 6532
News Credits: 65
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:00 am
Location: UK, Italy, The Netherlands
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Next

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014