Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby El Duque » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Motto: "I ain't got time to bleed!"
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Lucky eight-graders at Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School were treated to three-minute extended clip of Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers: Age of Extinction. According to The Detroit Hub the youngsters were the winners of “Get Schooled Attendance Campaign”, a Detroit Public School wide program sponsored by Paramount. Transformers: Age of Extinction co-producer Allegra Clegg was on hand to give the kids to give a presentation, hand out hats, and show the three-minute extended clip. Congratulations to the eight-graders of Durfee Elementary-Middle School on their attendance and what was surely an awesome experience.

Through the interactive online competition students had the chance to win prizes by “checking-in” online each day. Durfee students logged the most check-ins during the two-week campaign and won the challenge. About 85 eighth graders pulled off the win out of all schools in DPS that entered.


The Durfee students were some of the first to check out a three-minute extended clip of the film before anyone, anywhere on the planet. Seeing the clip and talking with the producer was even more special because much of the movie was filmed in Detroit.


Image
Transformers: Age of Extinction co-producer Allegra Clegg
User avatar
El Duque
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 9913
News Credits: 89
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm
Location: tornado alley

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Nemesis Maximo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:03 pm

Motto: "You maniacs! You locked the thread! You MANIACS! Darn you...gosh darn you all to HECK!"
Weapon: Gatling Cannon
Lucky bastards.

But seriously, I hope they enjoyed. I know I'd be stoked.
Go here to see my customs!
User avatar
Nemesis Maximo
Brainmaster
Posts: 1417
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Location: Northern MI
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 6
Rank: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Burn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Detroit can still afford a public school system?

And secondly ... not one of them recorded it on their mobile phones? Image
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38816
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby TFfan92 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Motto: "They have us surrounded! The poor bastards."
Weapon: Light-Saber Sword
Those poor kids are now going to be hounded by transformer fans begging them to tell them everything they saw.
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
User avatar
TFfan92
Mini-Con
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:14 pm
Location: In your base,stealing your flag
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 10
Endurance: 8
Rank: 5
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Rodimus Prime » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
I almost typed that I was jealous, then I remembered they were from Detroit...
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby BIGGUY007 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:32 am

Motto: "If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger tool."
Weapon: Ion Particle Blaster
I almost want one of those hats!

:BOT: :CON:
Image
PRIMED SINCE '83!
User avatar
BIGGUY007
Micromaster
Posts: 86
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 am
Location: London, KY
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 6

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Megatron Wolf » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:52 am

Motto: "Cry havoc and let slip the Wolves of War, Vae Victus!"
Weapon: Saber Blade
so either they had to sign a nondisclosure agreement or not a single one of those kids uses this site or any other TF site, or it just sucked so bad their brains still cant compute what they actually saw.
PSN: MegatronWolf
Current TF count: 1540

Image
User avatar
Megatron Wolf
Faction Commander
Posts: 4752
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:30 pm
Location: New York
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 7
Skill: 10

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby shockblast2 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:52 am

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
Big deal. That is not a prize. A crummy hat and a preview of a movie that anyone can see when it hits theaters in the summer of 2014. Only impatient people would be jealous of something like this. They should have at least gave the children a new toy from the new line or something. That would have been cool.
Anti-Nerdrage Coalition President
"I am not just the founder, but also its first client"

Image
shockblast2
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 528
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby T-Macksimus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:33 am

A very sincere "Congratulations" and "Well Done" to the kids at that school. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves! The majority of you have no idea what those kids have to deal with just to be able to even attend school each day and probably don't have a clue as to how much or how little encouragement or recognition they get for their efforts. You may see their prize as just a cheap hat but to some of those kids it may well be the only tangible recognition they get from anyone other than their teacher.
"That which does not kill me...had better run pretty damn fast!"
T-Macksimus
Gestalt
Posts: 2246
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:49 pm
Location: I'm In The Witless Relocation Program

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby njb902 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:25 am

T-Macksimus wrote:A very sincere "Congratulations" and "Well Done" to the kids at that school. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves! The majority of you have no idea what those kids have to deal with just to be able to even attend school each day and probably don't have a clue as to how much or how little encouragement or recognition they get for their efforts. You may see their prize as just a cheap hat but to some of those kids it may well be the only tangible recognition they get from anyone other than their teacher.


Indeed. We should be happy for these kids.
njb902
Gestalt
Posts: 2563
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:50 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby SlyTF1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Motto: "Destruction is the ultimate freedom."
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
njb902 wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:A very sincere "Congratulations" and "Well Done" to the kids at that school. :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves! The majority of you have no idea what those kids have to deal with just to be able to even attend school each day and probably don't have a clue as to how much or how little encouragement or recognition they get for their efforts. You may see their prize as just a cheap hat but to some of those kids it may well be the only tangible recognition they get from anyone other than their teacher.


Indeed. We should be happy for these kids.


I'm not. I'm pissed that a bunch of people saw part of the movie before me.
The Game You lose
Image
User avatar
SlyTF1
Faction Commander
Posts: 4141
News Credits: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am
Watch SlyTF1 on YouTube
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 8
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby craggy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:53 pm

thats just cruel. those poor kids.

(kidding of course. sure some of them must have liked it.)
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Blurr, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4729
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby RhA » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Motto: "BRING ME DANGER!"
craggy wrote:thats just cruel. those poor kids.

(kidding of course. sure some of them must have liked it.)


:lol:
Image
User avatar
RhA
Faction Commander
Posts: 4375
News Credits: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:37 am
Location: The Banana stand
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 1
Endurance: 1
Rank: 10
Courage: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 1

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:31 pm

T-Macksimus wrote:To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves!


Just out of curiosity, why do you think you can say something like this and not attract a Moderators attention?
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38816
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby 5150 Cruiser » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Motto: "If it first you don't succeed,.. Sky diving is not for you!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Self-Propelled Rocket Launcher
Megatron Wolf wrote:so either they had to sign a nondisclosure agreement or not a single one of those kids uses this site or any other TF site, or it just sucked so bad their brains still cant compute what they actually saw.


..Or it was so epic that they can't compute what they saw. :DANCE:

But yes, usually when getting a sneak peek of new media material long before its release, disclosures are signed, and all personal electronics are left at the door.

shockblast2 wrote:Big deal. That is not a prize. A crummy hat and a preview of a movie that anyone can see when it hits theaters in the summer of 2014. Only impatient people would be jealous of something like this. They should have at least gave the children a new toy from the new line or something. That would have been cool.


Your thinking like a TF fan and not a 14yr old kid. That's around the age where toys aren't really cool anymore. (unless your geek like me and toys have always been cool :P )
Decepticons... Com in get yo ice cream!.... And then get yo ass whop'in!!

Suck my popsicle!! :p

Shadowman wrote:I will put forth the theory that it was the internet itself trying to punch him in the face.
User avatar
5150 Cruiser
Headmaster
Posts: 1188
News Credits: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:24 pm
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Bumblevivisector » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Burn wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves!


Just out of curiosity, why do you think you can say something like this and not attract a Moderators attention?

I was gonna' keep quiet about this, but if T-Mack's actually on the verge of getting a warning, I'd like to point out that anyone who lives at least as close to Detroit as I do might just take some offense at your earlier comment. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I've read a some dumb rants from Randians, survivalist gun-rights-tards, etc. who think Detroit deserves what it got because it was somehow the UAW that destroyed the U.S. economy rather than outsourcing, unregulated investment shenanigans, and corporate tax loopholes, so we should nuke Washington cuz' Obama's already destroyed the Constitution, yadda-yadda...anyone else who's made the mistake of reading such garbage could easily overreact to even the slightest whiff of Detroit-bashing on their favorite TF site, even if it was just in jest.

These kids surely had a blast. Pity instead the children of Syria.
Bumblevivisector
Brainmaster
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Tronus_Rex » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 pm

:KREMZEEK: :BOT: :michaelbay: :CON:

I wish Hasbro had done stuff like this to promote the G1 Transformers series, back in the 80's. GI Joe aRAH, too. These kids are going to grow up bigger nerds/fans than ANY of us from the 80's & 90's.

:APPLAUSE: Great job Hasbro! This is an investment, in these children's enthusiasm, & imagination, & hopefully, like so many of us, will enrich their lives as well. :APPLAUSE:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs22/f/2008/013/e/f/Joe_Ng_Megatron_by_dcjosh.jpg

Will be used at a later date ^^

Image


http://dcjosh.deviantart.com/art/Joe-Ng-Megatron-74586754
http://minohkim.deviantart.com/art/Zarak-Scorponok-335269537
User avatar
Tronus_Rex
Fuzor
Posts: 214
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Bumblevivisector wrote:
Burn wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves!


Just out of curiosity, why do you think you can say something like this and not attract a Moderators attention?

I was gonna' keep quiet about this, but if T-Mack's actually on the verge of getting a warning, I'd like to point out that anyone who lives at least as close to Detroit as I do might just take some offense at your earlier comment. I know you didn't mean anything by it, but I've read a some dumb rants from Randians, survivalist gun-rights-tards, etc. who think Detroit deserves what it got because it was somehow the UAW that destroyed the U.S. economy rather than outsourcing, unregulated investment shenanigans, and corporate tax loopholes, so we should nuke Washington cuz' Obama's already destroyed the Constitution, yadda-yadda...anyone else who's made the mistake of reading such garbage could easily overreact to even the slightest whiff of Detroit-bashing on their favorite TF site, even if it was just in jest.

These kids surely had a blast. Pity instead the children of Syria.


Point conceeded, and you're right, I meant nothing by it. I am amazed that the city reached a point like that.
Image
I use to like Omega Supreme, then I took a duragrip to the brain
User avatar
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 38816
News Credits: 60
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby xRotorstormx » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:54 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Cheers to Paramount and Hasbro for coming up with something to motivate kids to attend school. :APPLAUSE:

I've only lived in MI for two years and have only made it to Detroit once but I can only imagine how tough it is to stay motivated to stay in school when your constantly surrounded by bad things happening or if you don't have a supportive or caring family.
User avatar
xRotorstormx
Minibot
Posts: 112
News Credits: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: ER, Michigan
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Re: Detroit's Durfee Elementary-Middle School View Special Transformers: Age of Extinction Clip

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Motto: "...and hell followed with him."
Weapon: Twin Photon Blasters
Burn wrote:
T-Macksimus wrote:To the rest of you making snide comments... Go **** yourselves!


Just out of curiosity, why do you think you can say something like this and not attract a Moderators attention?


Didn't you know? He has a HUGE pedestal on top of which he stands and spews his garbage.
............Image
User avatar
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
Posts: 15889
News Credits: 17
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:31 pm
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014