Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Transformers 3 is scheduled to be released on July 1st, 2011. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby Cyberion » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 am

Motto: ""If you don't live for something, one day you'll die for nothing...""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
I want to see an "Ultimate Prime" in the next one, unless that was "Ultimate Prime" who showed up and laid waste to that "DRILL BIT FROM HELL" thing that Shockwave controlled, as well as Shockwave, himself. That thing was the "WTF??" moment for me in the film. I was like, "Ok, it's over. This thing is going to take them all out". Didn't happen. Prime took care of it.
If you listen to the metal genre of music, you want to hear "DARK BLU"

Image

http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
User avatar
Cyberion
Vehicon
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Sector 2814
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby shamone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 am

Cyber_Tek wrote:I can't think of any action films or action film stars who've won any Oscars. That isn't the point. If you want something with good writing and a good plot, seek out any number of "Chick Flicks". The TF series of movies isn't going to be everyone's favorite, particularly Transformer fanboys, but apparently they are good enough to be box office hits. While that standard may not be important to some, it's the reason movie sequels (and reboots) get made. It keeps the people in the biz working and believe it or not, that's a good thing for those of us who enjoy the movies. Anyone who really hates these movies that much doesn't have to watch them, but that doesn't mean that anyone who does enjoy them is "wrong" in their perspective on liking the films or taking interest in how a reboot may be done.


gladiator was action based

district nine was nominated

also nominated
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), Airport (1970), The Towering Inferno (1974), Jaws (1975), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Right Stuff (1983), and The Fugitive (1993).


not that oscars mean much anyway

i think its limiting to say, its an action flick about robots, look for good wrting and plotting elsewhere
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby Cyberion » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 am

Motto: ""If you don't live for something, one day you'll die for nothing...""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
My comment was really about someone else complaining that the writing wasn't very good in this movie (and probably the other two as well). I never complained about the writing in any of these movies. My point is that most people who are into action movies, probably don't go to see these movies for their writing quality. Either way, it's a mute point because the Movie studio achieved what they wanted with this film- High ticket sales. That's what really matters to the studio. These movies aren't going to please everyone, but obviously a large number of people went to see these movies and it likely wasn't due to great writing. Let's be real. The special effects are what really sells this movie, especially in theaters where it can be seen in 3D. :BOT:
If you listen to the metal genre of music, you want to hear "DARK BLU"

Image

http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
User avatar
Cyberion
Vehicon
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Sector 2814
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby GetRightRobot » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 am

Motto: "Surf in the Summer, Collect in the Winter."
Weapon: Neptune Sword
Cyber_Tek wrote:My point is that most people who are into action movies, probably don't go to see these movies for their writing quality. Either way, it's a mute point because the Movie studio achieved what they wanted with this film- High ticket sales. That's what really matters to the studio. These movies aren't going to please everyone, but obviously a large number of people went to see these movies and it likely wasn't due to great writing. Let's be real. The special effects are what really sells this movie, especially in theaters where it can be seen in 3D. :BOT:


Agreed on all counts.
User avatar
GetRightRobot
Godmaster
Posts: 1702
News Credits: 16
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:54 pm
Location: MB SC!!!
Watch GetRightRobot on YouTube
Buy from GetRightRobot on eBay
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 2
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby shamone » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:16 am

GetRightRobot wrote:
Cyber_Tek wrote:My point is that most people who are into action movies, probably don't go to see these movies for their writing quality. Either way, it's a mute point because the Movie studio achieved what they wanted with this film- High ticket sales. That's what really matters to the studio. These movies aren't going to please everyone, but obviously a large number of people went to see these movies and it likely wasn't due to great writing. Let's be real. The special effects are what really sells this movie, especially in theaters where it can be seen in 3D. :BOT:


Agreed on all counts.


i dotn disagree

to be fair i cant judge them fairly

if it wasnt transformers i probably wouldnt go see them after the first one and the fact that bay directed them. he got my money because of the franchise. The writing and plot obviously didnt matter.

like i liked Gi Joe as a kid but i didnt go to see the movie in the flicks.

Transformers has that hold, like star wars and batman for me.

if it was a franchise i didnt care about then yes i would care about plot and story more
shamone
Combiner
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby Cyberion » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:02 pm

Motto: ""If you don't live for something, one day you'll die for nothing...""
Weapon: Plasma Blaster
I'm a "Super Nerd" who can appreciate ILM CGI work on every project they've ever done, so the special effects definitely got my attention. I found myself saying "WOW" repeatedly while watching the movie, and that was in scenes that Rosie had nothing to do with. I actually know people who act like Sam, so from that stand point, I could relate to his character. But the special affects in 3D definitely draw people in and make them forget aspects of the movie that raise questions, like how Shockwave with that big "Drill Bit from Hell" thing that was bigger than all of the transformers in the movie, destroys a building then gets destroyed by Prime (If we assume that was "Ultimate Prime", it's believable).
If you listen to the metal genre of music, you want to hear "DARK BLU"

Image

http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
User avatar
Cyberion
Vehicon
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Sector 2814
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 8
Endurance: Infinity
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
shamone wrote:
Cyber_Tek wrote:I can't think of any action films or action film stars who've won any Oscars. That isn't the point. If you want something with good writing and a good plot, seek out any number of "Chick Flicks". The TF series of movies isn't going to be everyone's favorite, particularly Transformer fanboys, but apparently they are good enough to be box office hits. While that standard may not be important to some, it's the reason movie sequels (and reboots) get made. It keeps the people in the biz working and believe it or not, that's a good thing for those of us who enjoy the movies. Anyone who really hates these movies that much doesn't have to watch them, but that doesn't mean that anyone who does enjoy them is "wrong" in their perspective on liking the films or taking interest in how a reboot may be done.


gladiator was action based

district nine was nominated

also nominated
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), Airport (1970), The Towering Inferno (1974), Jaws (1975), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Right Stuff (1983), and The Fugitive (1993).


not that oscars mean much anyway

i think its limiting to say, its an action flick about robots, look for good wrting and plotting elsewhere


9 action movies nominated. Now, let's do some math. generally 5 movies are nominated each year. We just had, what the 65th oscars or something like that? So 330 movies potentially nominated. 9 action movies nominated. Hmmm...less than three percent of movies nominated for best picture total. It does make for an interesting history. The ones that are nominated are far and away the best of the genre with the fr
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby First-Aid » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
shamone wrote:
Cyber_Tek wrote:I can't think of any action films or action film stars who've won any Oscars. That isn't the point. If you want something with good writing and a good plot, seek out any number of "Chick Flicks". The TF series of movies isn't going to be everyone's favorite, particularly Transformer fanboys, but apparently they are good enough to be box office hits. While that standard may not be important to some, it's the reason movie sequels (and reboots) get made. It keeps the people in the biz working and believe it or not, that's a good thing for those of us who enjoy the movies. Anyone who really hates these movies that much doesn't have to watch them, but that doesn't mean that anyone who does enjoy them is "wrong" in their perspective on liking the films or taking interest in how a reboot may be done.


gladiator was action based

district nine was nominated

also nominated
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), Airport (1970), The Towering Inferno (1974), Jaws (1975), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Right Stuff (1983), and The Fugitive (1993).


not that oscars mean much anyway

i think its limiting to say, its an action flick about robots, look for good wrting and plotting elsewhere


I don't think it is limiting at all. The aim of action movies is simply different: to entertain the audience by high-levels of action, combat, explosions, gunfire, fighting, special effects...etc. Oscar-nominated movies tend to focus more on what the critics think and usually result in considerably lower box office results. The Oscars I think are a way for movies that don't make any money to get some respect sometimes...
Scalpel...blood bucket...priest...next patient!

Would ye care fer a wee nip of scotch whiskey?

Yes I am a Cubs fan. You may pity me now.
First-Aid
City Commander
Posts: 3776
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:54 am
Location: A lone Bears household in CHeeseheadland...
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 5
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 2
Skill: 10+

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby iaconportland » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Doubledealer25 wrote:so how is the new trilogy gonna work? is it gonna be a re-boot? a re-make or what? im confused :???:


They could call it Transformers: Rebirth - introduce the Headmasters and Targetmasters lol
iaconportland
Mini-Con
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 am

Re: Don Murphy Hints at Another Transformers Trilogy

Postby masterprime13 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Weapon: Energon Crossbow
They should have Nemisis Prime!!!!!!
masterprime13
Mini-Con
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 am
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 7

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
Twincast / Podcast #101:
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014