Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Blackstreak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Motto: ""I'm stronger than I look, but not as strong as I think I am.""
Weapon: Laser Rifle
Nice, I definitely want to duke it out a little with the developers. Almost tempted to give up on the double xp event though, it's bad enough I get banged around during the regular xp. It'll be worse cuz' all the pro gamers will be on.

I play on the PC and I've seen the problem of getting kicked from games because of timing out with the host, or bad connection. When a host quits that is urking, shows bad sportsmanship cuz' they can't handle losing.

Jenus-
I believe you unlock the special character by completing the campaign mode all the way through.
Image

# of Transformers in collection: 241TFs 4 sale
1985 Action Cards for sale
WTB/T for...
Blackstreak
Gestalt
Posts: 2043
News Credits: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: West Chester, OH
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 9
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I wish every weekend was Double XP weekend on a certain gametype. Might make people play some of the neglected gametypes that are actually quite fun.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11564
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby sabrigami » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Weapon: Semi-Automatic Rifle
Shadowman wrote:
sabrigami wrote:I am happy High Moon is continuing with events and whatnot. However, I hate the double xp weekends. Last one was a massacre for me. I think I will just stick with esc. till it's over


How does that work? An increase in experience can't actually hurt you. It's not like player suddenly become more powerful when they realize they can level up twice as fast.

I will be there...there being the double experience weekend, which isn't really a place but a time but I will be there anyway. Maybe this will make up for neglecting the Scout class.


What I mean is that I got the most horrible soul sucking groups known to mankind. I was brutally slaughtered by the other team no matter what I did. In PS, my team NEVER got their butts in the node. They always played distance and we lost pathetically every time.I'm not a very strong PVPer so this kind of thing kinda gets discouraging after a while. If I could have found a decent group it would have been okay, but I didn't. Although I'm sure I lvled up a few people with all the kills they got on me. :P
User avatar
sabrigami
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 551
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:17 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Airhawk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:15 pm

Motto: "A Battle without honor is no battle at all"
Weapon: Twin Sonic Cannons
This may encourage me to get my other classes to 25, pulled an all day playing session on the saturday last time and got the scientist to 25, but then didn't really bother playing on the sunday. Sitting with a level 7 scout, 10 leader and 20 soldier now so getting at least another 2 to 25 should be doable.

My only problem is that while I'm a decent soldier and scientist and a passable scout I'm terrible with the leader class, enough that I get annoyed and turn the game off after a couple of maps :sad:
Image
User avatar
Airhawk
Vehicon
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:05 pm
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 7
Endurance: 4
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 1
Skill: 8

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby whacko » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
WANTED WES wrote:
whacko wrote:
We wanted to let you know that the guys at High Moon Studios, award-winning developer of Transformers: War for Cybertron, are continuing to listen to fans...


So instead of fixing the persistent connection problems, constantly being dropped from games, getting kicked from games because a host quits and almost constantly joining a game only immediately getting told "Your connection to the host has timed out" and getting kicked back to the main menu, the Developers "listen to fans" by playing Xbox and doing a double XP weekend.


What platform are you on? On my 360 I don't see constant drop outs as you suggest. Happens maybe 1-2 time a night out of hours of playtime. I gotta admit this hasn't been an issue for me personally.

:BOT:



I am on a 360. Some nights are better than others and it definitely depends on what time you play but I get dropouts or disconnections on nearly half the games I play.

Aside from connection problems, class balancing is pretty bad as well. A team of leaders can easily dominate any room. The soldiers twirling attack is ridiculously powerful given the damage it does, how fast you can move when using it and the fact it makes the user nearly invincible (especially with upgrades). And some of the perks are just crazy given how easily you earn them and given that they have no counters in most cases.

I very badly wanted to like this game, and the single player is ok, if repetitive. But after the nostalgic glow of a decent Transformers game wears off you are left with a game that is full of obvious flaws and frustration.
Last edited by whacko on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whacko
Minibot
Posts: 128
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Blurrz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
That's how multiplayer goes man. Sometimes you're the best player, sometimes you're the worst. It's all about adapting to the tone of the game. If you're aggravating at losing games, try Conquest.
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11564
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby whacko » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Weapon: Particle Beam Rifle
Blurrz wrote:That's how multiplayer goes man. Sometimes you're the best player, sometimes you're the worst. It's all about adapting to the tone of the game. If you're aggravating at losing games, try Conquest.


Who says I lose? :)
But the connection problem coupled with the poor balancing just made the game not fun to play. You can win a round and still not have fun playing.
whacko
Minibot
Posts: 128
News Credits: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:45 am
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:55 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Airhawk wrote:My only problem is that while I'm a decent soldier and scientist and a passable scout I'm terrible with the leader class, enough that I get annoyed and turn the game off after a couple of maps :sad:


That's the opposite of me. Leader is my best class, I'm okay as Scout and Scientist (Depending on the enemy team, at least, I could be terrible one game and Godlike the next), and Soldier is probably the class I'm weakest with.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28828
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Abraxsis » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:46 pm

WANTED WES wrote:
whacko wrote:
We wanted to let you know that the guys at High Moon Studios, award-winning developer of Transformers: War for Cybertron, are continuing to listen to fans...


So instead of fixing the persistent connection problems, constantly being dropped from games, getting kicked from games because a host quits and almost constantly joining a game only immediately getting told "Your connection to the host has timed out" and getting kicked back to the main menu, the Developers "listen to fans" by playing Xbox and doing a double XP weekend.


What platform are you on? On my 360 I don't see constant drop outs as you suggest. Happens maybe 1-2 time a night out of hours of playtime. I gotta admit this hasn't been an issue for me personally.

:BOT:


I see this Constantly on the 360. I actually spend more time getting booted for those issues than actually playing. When the DLC came out I DID try to play, and was on there for about two hours, with actual play time being 60 minutes or so.
User avatar
Abraxsis
Vehicon
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Zeramir » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:38 pm

Motto: "You feeling lucky, punk?"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
ALL PS3 PLAYERS LOOKING TO PARTY UP ON DOUBLE XP WEEKEND PLEASE DO ADD ME! ZERAMIRS THE NAME AND KILLING BOTS IS MY GAME!
Don't make me go Ironhide on you buddy-boy.
Zeramir
Mini-Con
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:02 pm
Location: Bayamon P.R.
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: 6
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby RogueDeathangel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:49 am

whacko wrote:
We wanted to let you know that the guys at High Moon Studios, award-winning developer of Transformers: War for Cybertron, are continuing to listen to fans...


So instead of fixing the persistent connection problems, constantly being dropped from games, getting kicked from games because a host quits and almost constantly joining a game only immediately getting told "Your connection to the host has timed out" and getting kicked back to the main menu, the Developers "listen to fans" by playing Xbox and doing a double XP weekend.

Gee thanks.

How about releasing another patch that fixes some connection issues, or balances the weapons so half of them aren't worthless.

If I sound bitter know it is because I wanted this game to be so good, and it took me a month of putting up with stuff that was fixed in most games in 1998 in order for me to realize what little bit of good game that was in there wasn't worth the trouble of finding it through all the problems.




Pretty sure it's almost impossible to change ALL of the network code with a patch.
RogueDeathangel
Targetmaster
Posts: 697
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby WANTED WES » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 am

Well for me personally, I'm still only playing this game and enjoying it immensely online. I play Conquest solely with Scientist and I looked forward to getting double XP this weekend. Obviously I'm pretty average player compared to most online but I have my moments.
User avatar
WANTED WES
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Artakha Prime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Weapon: Venom Blaster
Still wish they had listened to ME!
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Tellisk » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah. I actually enjoy the MP modes a lot. Countdown to Extinction is incredible fun. But every time I do well (or even if I don't which happens just as often), the host seems to be one of the guys on the other team and never has a problem quitting. I'm with everyone else on here and wish they'd add host migration.

I heard a rumor they were working on a patch that would at least prevent you from losing all your XP when a host drops, but I e-mailed the address on High Moon's website (turned out to be dead) and contacted Activision via their support boards. My only response from Activision was that they had no info on this and to check transformersgame.com for updates (site hasn't been updated since release as far as I can tell).
Tellisk
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowblade_DW » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Tellisk wrote:Yeah. I actually enjoy the MP modes a lot. Countdown to Extinction is incredible fun. But every time I do well (or even if I don't which happens just as often), the host seems to be one of the guys on the other team and never has a problem quitting. I'm with everyone else on here and wish they'd add host migration.

I heard a rumor they were working on a patch that would at least prevent you from losing all your XP when a host drops, but I e-mailed the address on High Moon's website (turned out to be dead) and contacted Activision via their support boards. My only response from Activision was that they had no info on this and to check transformersgame.com for updates (site hasn't been updated since release as far as I can tell).


I can tell you today I made a lvl during a match and the host quit before the end. I checked and had not lost the lvl. I notice the Saving to HD before a disconnect message lately.
Image
PSN - ShadowbladeDW
Shadowblade_DW
Targetmaster
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:24 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Shadowblade_DW wrote:
Tellisk wrote:Yeah. I actually enjoy the MP modes a lot. Countdown to Extinction is incredible fun. But every time I do well (or even if I don't which happens just as often), the host seems to be one of the guys on the other team and never has a problem quitting. I'm with everyone else on here and wish they'd add host migration.

I heard a rumor they were working on a patch that would at least prevent you from losing all your XP when a host drops, but I e-mailed the address on High Moon's website (turned out to be dead) and contacted Activision via their support boards. My only response from Activision was that they had no info on this and to check transformersgame.com for updates (site hasn't been updated since release as far as I can tell).


I can tell you today I made a lvl during a match and the host quit before the end. I checked and had not lost the lvl. I notice the Saving to HD before a disconnect message lately.


Yep. Your experience saves if the match ends, or if you get disconnected. It won't save Challenge Bonuses, though, and it won't save anything if you quit.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28828
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Blurrz » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 pm

Motto: "The Wreckers. Weird brain bullets. Impossible odds... It doesn't get much better than this."
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
I'm basically getting 9000+ XP every game in Conquest with this XP Weekend thing... the opponent's aren't as good as they usually are on non-weekend days..
dA/twitter/tumblr
Image
MTMTE customs - Click the picture to see my progress
User avatar
Blurrz
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11564
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Location: Oil Country
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 6
Rank: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 5

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Tyrannotaur » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:19 am

Motto: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The entire night tonight I got put in on sided games. Mostly 5 or 6 vs 2 or 3. If I was on the side with 2 or 3 we barely got 25 points, and if I was on the side with 5 or 6 we destroyed the other team with a 300 point lead. Why is it making such one sided teams when there are enough people to make semi even teams? Really annoying.

Nearly got my scout to 25. Well 19 is pretty close. :CON:
Image
User avatar
Tyrannotaur
Vehicon
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby SalvidonBlak » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:20 am

made 25 with my leader class last night around 7:00.

they were lv 5 when i logged in thurs.

lowest score all day was like 6000.

my top score was 12100 in a game of conquest. dont think i can top that.

really wish they still gave you an xp count per game after 25... makes me feel like i shouldnt be playing once i hit max.

would love to see some DLC of higher level cap.
" 'Or Else' seems like a stupid f*king thing to say to someone like me."


Image
User avatar
SalvidonBlak
Mini-Con
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:20 am

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Heavy B » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:18 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
ive been playing conquest all weakend, and have been levaling up like CRAZY. 300 points for capturing a power node.
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Wax Matches » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:31 am

Motto: "sticky grenades own!"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
sabrigami wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
sabrigami wrote:I am happy High Moon is continuing with events and whatnot. However, I hate the double xp weekends. Last one was a massacre for me. I think I will just stick with esc. till it's over


How does that work? An increase in experience can't actually hurt you. It's not like player suddenly become more powerful when they realize they can level up twice as fast.

I will be there...there being the double experience weekend, which isn't really a place but a time but I will be there anyway. Maybe this will make up for neglecting the Scout class.


What I mean is that I got the most horrible soul sucking groups known to mankind. I was brutally slaughtered by the other team no matter what I did. In PS, my team NEVER got their butts in the node. They always played distance and we lost pathetically every time.I'm not a very strong PVPer so this kind of thing kinda gets discouraging after a while. If I could have found a decent group it would have been okay, but I didn't. Although I'm sure I lvled up a few people with all the kills they got on me. :P

Just dont give up try to find a class that works well for you and if you have a crap group quit and rejoin if that doesnt work be a scout cloak and then melee ppl if u combine cloak and pistol you can go 15-0 no problem, just have to do hit and run technique and know where the overshields and health is. :) happy gaming
Image


SPOILER:dOnT bE a DeUsChBaG.
Wax Matches
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: Infinity

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Scout with Mark and Cloak, and the Scattergun. Stupid deadly once you get the hang of it, and equip the right skills. But my personal favorites are Leader with Warcry, Moleculon Bomb and the Ion Blaster, and Scientist with Disguise, Shockwave (The skill, not the character) and the EMP Shotgun.

And I know there's people saying "But those skill sets (Particularly the one for Scientist) don't work." And if they're right (And I know from personal experience they aren't) then that means I'm so damn good that those skill sets work for me.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28828
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 am

I jumped 5 levels this weekend with my Scientist. Got that class from 18 to 23. I think I'm halfway through 23 too. I got most, if not all, of the skills I want for Scientist unlocked anyway. I just want to max it and then move onto maxing Leader.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby WANTED WES » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 am

Same here Loki. I got my Scientist up to Level 24. I didn't even get to play that much this weekend. Unfortunately I will have to gind it out for final Level 25 now ( I think it's 27 thousand XP or so and if I average my usual 2-4k XP that is about 7-14 games online depending on XP gained )

Funny thing is I have 0 level for Leader and Soldier. My scout is level 5 before I dedicated to Scientist. I tend to work one class and not switch.
User avatar
WANTED WES
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby paul053 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:02 am

Sigh..................

Friday night, didn't have too much time to play.

Saturday night, the system lag was terrible. Almost all actions were performed 2 seconds after I pressed the button. Same thing if I left and came back in.

Sunday night, finally a better night.

Haven't played other classes other than Scientist for a while. Tried to level up scout last night and just found out and felt how fragile scientist was. Or maybe I just don't play scientist well.
User avatar
paul053
Brainmaster
Posts: 1467
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014