Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

This is the forum to discuss all of those video games you love playing or that are coming out. From Transformers video games to Fighting games to Sports games ... whatever makes you a happy Seibertronian. Just keep it the topics and conversations game and console related.

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby RogueDeathangel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:49 am

whacko wrote:
We wanted to let you know that the guys at High Moon Studios, award-winning developer of Transformers: War for Cybertron, are continuing to listen to fans...


So instead of fixing the persistent connection problems, constantly being dropped from games, getting kicked from games because a host quits and almost constantly joining a game only immediately getting told "Your connection to the host has timed out" and getting kicked back to the main menu, the Developers "listen to fans" by playing Xbox and doing a double XP weekend.

Gee thanks.

How about releasing another patch that fixes some connection issues, or balances the weapons so half of them aren't worthless.

If I sound bitter know it is because I wanted this game to be so good, and it took me a month of putting up with stuff that was fixed in most games in 1998 in order for me to realize what little bit of good game that was in there wasn't worth the trouble of finding it through all the problems.




Pretty sure it's almost impossible to change ALL of the network code with a patch.
RogueDeathangel
Targetmaster
Posts: 697
News Credits: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:01 am

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby WANTED WES » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:03 am

Well for me personally, I'm still only playing this game and enjoying it immensely online. I play Conquest solely with Scientist and I looked forward to getting double XP this weekend. Obviously I'm pretty average player compared to most online but I have my moments.
User avatar
WANTED WES
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Artakha Prime » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Weapon: Venom Blaster
Still wish they had listened to ME!
if you read this, get a life.
Artakha Prime
Minibot
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Rank: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???
Skill: ???

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Tellisk » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Yeah. I actually enjoy the MP modes a lot. Countdown to Extinction is incredible fun. But every time I do well (or even if I don't which happens just as often), the host seems to be one of the guys on the other team and never has a problem quitting. I'm with everyone else on here and wish they'd add host migration.

I heard a rumor they were working on a patch that would at least prevent you from losing all your XP when a host drops, but I e-mailed the address on High Moon's website (turned out to be dead) and contacted Activision via their support boards. My only response from Activision was that they had no info on this and to check transformersgame.com for updates (site hasn't been updated since release as far as I can tell).
Tellisk
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowblade_DW » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Tellisk wrote:Yeah. I actually enjoy the MP modes a lot. Countdown to Extinction is incredible fun. But every time I do well (or even if I don't which happens just as often), the host seems to be one of the guys on the other team and never has a problem quitting. I'm with everyone else on here and wish they'd add host migration.

I heard a rumor they were working on a patch that would at least prevent you from losing all your XP when a host drops, but I e-mailed the address on High Moon's website (turned out to be dead) and contacted Activision via their support boards. My only response from Activision was that they had no info on this and to check transformersgame.com for updates (site hasn't been updated since release as far as I can tell).


I can tell you today I made a lvl during a match and the host quit before the end. I checked and had not lost the lvl. I notice the Saving to HD before a disconnect message lately.
Image
PSN - ShadowbladeDW
Shadowblade_DW
Targetmaster
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:24 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Shadowblade_DW wrote:
Tellisk wrote:Yeah. I actually enjoy the MP modes a lot. Countdown to Extinction is incredible fun. But every time I do well (or even if I don't which happens just as often), the host seems to be one of the guys on the other team and never has a problem quitting. I'm with everyone else on here and wish they'd add host migration.

I heard a rumor they were working on a patch that would at least prevent you from losing all your XP when a host drops, but I e-mailed the address on High Moon's website (turned out to be dead) and contacted Activision via their support boards. My only response from Activision was that they had no info on this and to check transformersgame.com for updates (site hasn't been updated since release as far as I can tell).


I can tell you today I made a lvl during a match and the host quit before the end. I checked and had not lost the lvl. I notice the Saving to HD before a disconnect message lately.


Yep. Your experience saves if the match ends, or if you get disconnected. It won't save Challenge Bonuses, though, and it won't save anything if you quit.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Anonymous. » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:11 pm

I'm basically getting 9000+ XP every game in Conquest with this XP Weekend thing... the opponent's aren't as good as they usually are on non-weekend days..
Anonymous.
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11588
News Credits: 102
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 am
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Rank: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Tyrannotaur » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:19 am

Motto: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
The entire night tonight I got put in on sided games. Mostly 5 or 6 vs 2 or 3. If I was on the side with 2 or 3 we barely got 25 points, and if I was on the side with 5 or 6 we destroyed the other team with a 300 point lead. Why is it making such one sided teams when there are enough people to make semi even teams? Really annoying.

Nearly got my scout to 25. Well 19 is pretty close. :CON:
Image
User avatar
Tyrannotaur
Vehicon
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Long Island, NY
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 8
Rank: 7
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby SalvidonBlak » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:20 am

made 25 with my leader class last night around 7:00.

they were lv 5 when i logged in thurs.

lowest score all day was like 6000.

my top score was 12100 in a game of conquest. dont think i can top that.

really wish they still gave you an xp count per game after 25... makes me feel like i shouldnt be playing once i hit max.

would love to see some DLC of higher level cap.
" 'Or Else' seems like a stupid f*king thing to say to someone like me."


Image
User avatar
SalvidonBlak
Mini-Con
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:20 am

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Heavy B » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:18 am

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
ive been playing conquest all weakend, and have been levaling up like CRAZY. 300 points for capturing a power node.
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Wax Matches » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:31 am

Motto: "sticky grenades own!"
Weapon: Photon Cannon
sabrigami wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
sabrigami wrote:I am happy High Moon is continuing with events and whatnot. However, I hate the double xp weekends. Last one was a massacre for me. I think I will just stick with esc. till it's over


How does that work? An increase in experience can't actually hurt you. It's not like player suddenly become more powerful when they realize they can level up twice as fast.

I will be there...there being the double experience weekend, which isn't really a place but a time but I will be there anyway. Maybe this will make up for neglecting the Scout class.


What I mean is that I got the most horrible soul sucking groups known to mankind. I was brutally slaughtered by the other team no matter what I did. In PS, my team NEVER got their butts in the node. They always played distance and we lost pathetically every time.I'm not a very strong PVPer so this kind of thing kinda gets discouraging after a while. If I could have found a decent group it would have been okay, but I didn't. Although I'm sure I lvled up a few people with all the kills they got on me. :P

Just dont give up try to find a class that works well for you and if you have a crap group quit and rejoin if that doesnt work be a scout cloak and then melee ppl if u combine cloak and pistol you can go 15-0 no problem, just have to do hit and run technique and know where the overshields and health is. :) happy gaming
Image


SPOILER:dOnT bE a DeUsChBaG.
Wax Matches
Mini-Con
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 am
Strength: 10
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 9
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: Infinity

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:17 am

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
Scout with Mark and Cloak, and the Scattergun. Stupid deadly once you get the hang of it, and equip the right skills. But my personal favorites are Leader with Warcry, Moleculon Bomb and the Ion Blaster, and Scientist with Disguise, Shockwave (The skill, not the character) and the EMP Shotgun.

And I know there's people saying "But those skill sets (Particularly the one for Scientist) don't work." And if they're right (And I know from personal experience they aren't) then that means I'm so damn good that those skill sets work for me.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:28 am

I jumped 5 levels this weekend with my Scientist. Got that class from 18 to 23. I think I'm halfway through 23 too. I got most, if not all, of the skills I want for Scientist unlocked anyway. I just want to max it and then move onto maxing Leader.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby WANTED WES » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 am

Same here Loki. I got my Scientist up to Level 24. I didn't even get to play that much this weekend. Unfortunately I will have to gind it out for final Level 25 now ( I think it's 27 thousand XP or so and if I average my usual 2-4k XP that is about 7-14 games online depending on XP gained )

Funny thing is I have 0 level for Leader and Soldier. My scout is level 5 before I dedicated to Scientist. I tend to work one class and not switch.
User avatar
WANTED WES
Micromaster
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby paul053 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:02 am

Sigh..................

Friday night, didn't have too much time to play.

Saturday night, the system lag was terrible. Almost all actions were performed 2 seconds after I pressed the button. Same thing if I left and came back in.

Sunday night, finally a better night.

Haven't played other classes other than Scientist for a while. Tried to level up scout last night and just found out and felt how fragile scientist was. Or maybe I just don't play scientist well.
User avatar
paul053
Godmaster
Posts: 1501
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am
Location: Plymouth, MN
Buy from paul053 on eBay

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Heavy B » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Motto: "The best weapon isn't one you never have to fire, It's the one you only have to fire once."
Weapon: Gattling Gun
Shadowman wrote:Scout with Mark and Cloak, and the Scattergun. Stupid deadly once you get the hang of it, and equip the right skills. But my personal favorites are Leader with Warcry, Moleculon Bomb and the Ion Blaster, and Scientist with Disguise, Shockwave (The skill, not the character) and the EMP Shotgun.


that combination on the leader got me my greatest game ever yesterday. by the end of the game, I had racked up a 12 kill streak in 3 minutes. one of my teammates who was hanging around at the time, think he was a soilder, said "dude, that is F*CKIN bananas."

thats right, im F'N bananas.
Image
Psycho Warrior wrote: Heavy B, the man who can open armor plating with his bare ass. To fight a bear no less.
User avatar
Heavy B
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5111
News Credits: 1
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
Location: Anywhere I roam, Where I lay my head is home. Carved upon my stone, My body lie, but still I roam.
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10
Rank: 7
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 9
Skill: 5

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:03 pm

WANTED WES wrote:Same here Loki. I got my Scientist up to Level 24. I didn't even get to play that much this weekend. Unfortunately I will have to gind it out for final Level 25 now ( I think it's 27 thousand XP or so and if I average my usual 2-4k XP that is about 7-14 games online depending on XP gained )

Funny thing is I have 0 level for Leader and Soldier. My scout is level 5 before I dedicated to Scientist. I tend to work one class and not switch.


I'm a bit more balanced. Leader is 18 or 19, Scout is 15ish, and Soldier is 14. Funny enough Scout was my first main. Then I learned how to play Leader and Scientist. A good scientist is his/her team's MVP generally.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby artofgarduno » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:53 pm

Can anyone please tell me why Skywarp and other characters are not in the online multiplayer deathmatch selectable characters? Ive been searching all over the internet and cant find anything.
artofgarduno
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:03 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
artofgarduno wrote:Can anyone please tell me why Skywarp and other characters are not in the online multiplayer deathmatch selectable characters? Ive been searching all over the internet and cant find anything.


Everyone you can play as in campaign is available for create-a-character. Skywarp just happens to be physically identical to Starscream and Thundercracker ("Yeah, well at least I'm not ugly!" "Ugly? We look the same!") so those three are covered by the Seeker Chassis.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby artofgarduno » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:22 pm

How do I unlock the seeker chassis?
artofgarduno
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Shadowman » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Motto: "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."
artofgarduno wrote:How do I unlock the seeker chassis?


You don't, it's available for the Scientist class right away. Go into "create-a-character" in the multiplayer menu, pick one of your scientist class bots, and select "Decepticon Chassis" you can then pick the body and color.

Named characters aren't available in regular multiplayer, they can only be used in Campaign and Escalation. In Multiplayer, you can only use the create-a-character bots.
Sidekick= Saiya_Maximal
Steam Nickname: Big Chief Devil Hawk Fireball
Image
Shadowman's awesome site for cool people.
Shadowman's awesome comic for cool people.
"Falling is really just flying downward and out of control."
Wigglez wrote:Just remember. The sword is an extension of your arm. Use it as if you're going to karate chop someone with your really long sharp ass hand.
User avatar
Shadowman
God Of Transformers
Posts: 28996
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: Look! A distraction!

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:03 pm

artofgarduno wrote:How do I unlock the seeker chassis?


The only chassis that can be unlocked are Arcee as a scout for the Autobots, and Slipstream as a Scientist for the Decepticons. Both are reward bonuses for beating a half of campaign's storyline. IE Arcee is unlocked via beating the Autobot Campaign, and Slipstream is unlocked via beating the Decepticon campaign. Slipstream is a Femseeker/Femme Seeker/Female Seeker.

The default chassis are all playable characters from Campaign. There are now five DLC characters for Escalation and Multiplayer. Two Autobots (Jazz and Scattorshot) and three Decepticons (Shockwave, Demolisher, and Onslaught). There's going to be a second set of DLC character packs. Decepticons will be getting a third scout, a third leader, and the Autobots will be getting another tank for sure. Outside of that no one knows what other classes with get DLC characters for Map and Character Pack #2.
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby artofgarduno » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks for the info, I already beat the game and have the extra chassis and I purchased the downloadable content too. whens the chassis pack #2 coming out?
artofgarduno
Mini-Con
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: Double XP Weekend for Transformers: War for Cybertron & Game with Developers Event!

Postby Loki God Of Mischief » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:23 pm

artofgarduno wrote:Thanks for the info, I already beat the game and have the extra chassis and I purchased the downloadable content too. whens the chassis pack #2 coming out?


No idea other than "not soon enough." :P
Image

It's best to assume every link I post is NSFW, and every post I make is just me taking the piss.
User avatar
Loki God Of Mischief
Brainmaster
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:06 pm

Next

Return to Video Games Forum

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014